River/Maple at Fowler's Mill Golf Course

4.4622000000 4.5 stars from 5 (119)

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.All players are required to wear collared shirts at all times.Slacks, shorts or skirts must be hemmed and in good condition.Tank tops, swimwear, cutoffs, gym shorts are not acceptable.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Silver 71 5623 yards 0.0 0

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks

"A Majestic Gem in NE Ohio"

u000007519666's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2016

What an amazing course! This course will challenge the entire realm of shot making skills and the beauty and scenery will take your breath away. Nestled among lakes, creeks and beautiful woodlands this course weaves and cuts it way through creating a wonderful track. Greens and fairways were in excellent condition. Can't wait to come back!

Commented on 07/14/2016

u000007519666,

we are blown away by your awesome review of us! we are honored by your feedback of the course and look forward to your next day of golfing with us!

sincerely,

Fowler's Mill GC Management

"5 Hour Round!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

I've played the course a few times before when in the area to visit in-laws. Course has a diverse layout and the greens are smooth with a consistent roll. Unfortunately, the round played in just over 5 hours! We saw the beverage cart about 10 times during the round but NEVER saw a pace ranger. I will play again, but will prepare for a long day.

"Top 10 Course in NEO, Pete Dye"

OhioKip's avatar
Ohio Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I have played here many times, Fowler's Mill is a fantastic course. Easily one of the top ten public courses in NEO. It is challenging course, that plays longer than the scorecard. The front seems to be the tougher of the two nines, holes 4 and 6 specifically are a challenge. This course can beat up on level of player, but is still a beautiful and fun course.

I got out on Saturday morning at 7am after it rained about an inch, from 5-6. Conditions were wet and soft considering, but great considering. Because of the rain delay and an event in the middle of the day, they allowed groups to go off both sides. Staff is always super friendly and helpful. Do your self a favor and get a yardage book for a dollar in the pro shop before you tee off, will help you navigate the many holes.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 07/18/2017:

We appreciate your great review and kind words! Thank you for sharing some photos from your round as well. Hope to see you again soon!

"One of Ohio's Best Public Courses"

branedamag's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played in reverse order, River, then Lakes. Tough pin placements everywhere. I thought the rough on the Lakes 9 was significantly longer and thicker. The starter confirmed that this was usually the case. I also thought, in general, that the Lakes 9 was more difficult. It all played like a typical Pete Dye course: Smooth, subtle greens and clear strategy, but shots that must be made. I played on a rather empty Tuesday so I got around quickly. I 'd love to play this again, now that I've had a look at it.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 06/20/2017:

Thank you for your review and for sharing some great insights for any future golfers. We hope to see you out here again soon!

"Great layout, bring insect repellent"

Jacob6471721's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played as a foursome in 90 degree weather at 1 pm, so the course was not too busy. Prior visits here played the black tees, and this time we were playing green and cutting off yardage on each hole. As an average driver of the ball, I still prefer the black tees due to having some more choices on some holes, but I also did not have to use hybrid clubs almost the entire round. Be aware of the choices and distances with the split fairway holes, it seems the ball just seems to naturally want to work towards the hazard in the middle.

The only issue with the visit was the amount of deer flies or horse flies, which were all throughout the course. It was my fault for forgetting to bring insect repellent, but with the surrounding wetlands, lakes, rivers, and wooded areas, it would be a good item for the pro shop to have available to buy.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 06/21/2017:

Thank you for choosing to play Fowler's Mill Golf Course, again! We appreciate your feedback about having bug spray for sale in the pro shop. Overall though it sounds like you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you out here again soon.

"Greens were great."

bigdog53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

The whole course played great, traps, fairways were in great conditions. Must play again this summer. The back tees was fun and I did putt for a number of birdies. speed of the greens were very true.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your experience. Hopefully you made all those birdie putts!

"Great course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Played the course while it was raining. Course did not hold water and played great! Amazing fairways and greens! Will be returning soon!

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 06/06/2017:

Awesome! Glad you had a great time even with the rain. We look forward to seeing you out here again soon.

"best public course around"

hschulte7234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

If had to play one course all the time, it would be Fowler's Mill. The only down side is it doesn't drain very well and you have to call and find out if it's cart path only!

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Thank you very much for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoy playing at Fowler's Mill that much. We hope you'll continue to join us for many more rounds to come!

"Great value for Memorial Day"

jtpawlowski's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

The green fess were very reasonable for a holiday weekend.

Big storms moved through the day before we played and there was plenty of standing water in the low areas on some holes. The course drained well, and the staff did a great job of working with what Mother Nature had delivered.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your round and we appreciate you being understanding in regards to the amount of rain we got the day before. Join us for another round soon.

"Fun and Challenging"

33dean's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

A Pete Dye gem to play. It had rained for 2 days prior but the course and especially the greens held up nicely.

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 06/08/2017:

Thanks for your review and 5-star overall rating! Come see us again soon.

"Can't wait to play it again"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

This course is a treasure in northeast Ohio. For $36 through GolfNow we played a weekday morning. It was raining cats and dogs so we were the only ones on the course. Meaning pace of play was as fast as we could play. I can't speak for a normal day. This course held up tremendously!! It was draining just as fast as the weather could drop it. This is a hard course. High risk high reward course in a beautiful setting just outside of cleveland. What a true gem. Staff was friendly and accommodating and was a great experience despite the rain. Bring your "a" game to this Pete Dye masterpiece. I will be back to best my 86 later this summer, no doubt! #humbled

Response from Fowler's Mill Golf Course on 06/08/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your round, even in the rain. Come join us again soon and hopefully the weather will be a little nicer.

"Always a Pleasure"

tebodanes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Fowler's is always a pleasure to play (assuming you're not behind an outing). The course was in very good condition with workers out on a few holes, assuring maintenance is being maintained. Played on a HOT Deal for a very low price for the quality of this course.

If you're new to Cleveland or from out of town, this course should be in your rotation.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 06/22/2017:

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you recommending our course to other golfers in the area. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials!

"Always a pleasure to play Fowler's Mill"

docdtm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Fowler's is a great course, and for the rates right now, you can't find a better value. There is some course maintenance that needs done though. There are some bare patches in the fairways, the cart paths could use some work, and the flower boxes on 4 on the River Course are falling apart.

"Local Public Pete Dye, one of the Best in the area"

OhioKip's avatar
Ohio Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

Fowler's Mill is a gorgeous golf course, with a beautiful scenic setting. It is a challenging golf course that requires a lot of though on how and where to play your shots. From doglegs with one approaches like the 6th, to risk reward par fives like the 8th. This Pete Dye course will challenge you with every shot.

Green are always in great shape and roll true. A lot of the greens are elevated and are firm, I always have more shots roll off the edges compared to other courses in the area. Not a lot of water, except the par 4 fourth cape style hole.

The staff said the course had some flooding in earlier weeks with heavy rains, but I experienced no wet, swampy areas while playing. They also said the green had recently been aerated, but were top-dressed and healing perfect, I would only notice when my balled settled in a deeper punch mark. Four this reason, I only gave four stars for conditioning.

I played on a Friday afternoon, it was 60 degrees after several days in the mid 80s and the course was empty. I was able to play a single and I hardly saw another golfer on the course.

Overall the is a great course, fun to play, beautiful and a good deal. Well, worth the extra drive for the same price as many of the other top local courses.

BUY THE YARDAGE BOOK IN THE PRO SHOP FOR A DOLLAR. I have played Fowler's Mill several times and still find myself in the wrong spot after hitting shots exactly how I wanted off the tee, because over/under clubbed and choose a wrong line and missed the hidden fairway.

"Good Course, Better Maintenance Needed"

u920166275's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

The first cut was not well manicured and more like deep rough. The greens had all been aerated and putting was a tad entertaining.

"Bumpy greens"

KOOPER7777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

I've played Fowlers Mill many times and this was by far the worst the greens have ever been. It was obvious that they had been aerated about a week ago so I will give them another try later this year. They should tell you when you make a tee time about the aeration. I booked on Golfnow but the guys I played with reserved a tee time by phone and they were very upset nobody told them. Also, the carts have scorecards on them already but when I finished the first hole I found out it was for the wrong 9.

"Pete Dye Masterpiece"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Loved my experience. Really good greens/fairways/bunkers. The rough was ok, the cart path is a huge pain but who cares.

dpalofmine49's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Fowlers Mill is one of my favorite courses to play. We drive over an hour to play it a couple of times a year. The course is well worth the drive. I will continue to make the trip for as long as I can.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 04/25/2017:

Thank you! Come see us again soon.

"Great Course One to Play"

bnzman616's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

For mid November the course was still in great shape. Didn't have to fight leaves, as long as you kept the ball in the fairway. The rate of play was very good. Overall a great day on a great golf course.

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 11/21/2016:

Excellent! Glad to hear you enjoyed your round of golf with us. We hope to see you out here again soon before it gets too cold!

"Check if cart path only!!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016

Played Sunday after a couple of days of rain. Didn't call ahead to find out if cart path only. Normal 4 1/2 round turns into 6 1/2. Nothing could be done about the time. It just takes that long when busy. Course was in great shape even with the rain!! Great people and course!! Just call ahead if you have time restraints !!!

Response from Fowlers Mill Golf Course on 10/31/2016:

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for the slow pace of play. We hope that you don't have to experience cart path only conditions your next round with us. Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials! https://www.facebook.com/FowlersMillGC/