Little Mountain Country Club

Gift this Course
  • 7667 Hermitage Rd, Concord, Ohio 44077, Lake County
  • www.littlemountaincc.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000), Dana Fry (2000)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass
Golf Season: March - November

GPS: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Good first round of the year!"

theburyman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Course was in very good shape for late April. Greens were very true and only a little bumpy because we played at 5:45pm so they held up nicely after a long day of play. I can see this course giving golfers who spray the ball off the tee a lot of issues. Especially if your miss is left, bring a few extra balls. I had a good taste in my mouth as I only lost one but man it could have got nasty out there so layout was challenging to me. Good visuals on the course with rocks, bunkers and elevation changes. Back 9 is what we played and the par 3s were very pleasing to the eye on the tee box. Lots of bunkers and I know they are working on them but with the high walls I bet they have issues keeping them filled all the way up the face after rain. Pin positions were a little rough at times on slopes and in bad spots. Would come back.

"Course is in great shape!"

jma2399's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Played Little Mountain on 4/25 and the course was in excellent shape for this time of year. It dried out nicely from the rain we had and the greens were rolling quick for April. I can definitely see the improvements they made on the bunkers. All signs point to a great year there. Look forward to playing it again.

"Excellent Golf Course"

scrgolie's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The greens were fast and the bunker work is almost finished. I love how the design and layout is fair for all types of players. I am looking forward to bringing my league here next year. A true gem of a course!

"Great Track"

otisB's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

Have played numerous high end courses in NE Ohio. By far the best layout. Course is challenging but fair. Greens are GREAT. Personnel is excellent. My favorite course to play by far.

"The Mountain Is Back!"

jwzajac's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Little Mountain Country Club is nearing completion of a major project to restore the existing bunkers and to remove or reshape the bunkers that are not in play. The greens were in marvelous condition and the staff people were nice and accommodating. I recommend the course wholeheartedly.

"Gem has lost its luster"

Scott118's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

LM has a Big Problem. It continually appears on 'NE OH best of' lists based on past reputation & course layout. However, the course conditions are WAY BELOW the premium fees they charge. LOTS of bunkers...none of them are raked, several w/standing water, and a handful that are always under repair. LOTS of dead grass in fairways. The course could easily return to gem-status if they had an army to maintain it. Worth playing once but other nearby courses are a greater value with dramatically better conditions.

"Very friendly staff but course conditions not par with premium price to play"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016

I have played this course for several years and have watched the course conditions continue to steadily decline. I lost a ball in a sand bunker filled with water. Thankfully, they had drop zones on another bunker that was nothing but rocks and dirt. There were several more in that condition. Suggestion: fill them in and make them grass bunkers. Most greens were in very good shape but many of the tee boxes and fairways were in sad condition. With these declining course conditions, the course management need to lower their premium price by at least 50%. At least they will get more rounds played and less complaints about grossly over priced fees!

"Really Fun Course"

AaronWahker's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I love playing Little Mountain because they keep the greens beautiful and the bunkers are always in great shape. The course is always a good challenge no matter how many times I play.

"Torn on how to rate this course"

David1087946's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I am torn on how to rate this course. On one hand, when in good shape it is a fun track. A fair amount of interested holes, varied distances and elevations, makes you think about what to play and how to play it. On the other hand, it could be better taken care of. Having a lot of bunkers are always a challenge, but some were pretty bad (others very nice).

Pace of play suffers a bit due to course difficulty (I would not recommend to a beginner. Plus we got stuck behind a foursome of older folks) - but they could do a touch better managing the flow of golfers. Starter and staff were friendly and it does live up to slightly elevated expectations in that regard. Groundskeepers were pleasant and working, except for a few guys who didn't seem to realize they were working on a golf course and had little awareness.

My big issue here is the value for the price. I like it, would make the drive, and play it again - but not for anything over $30. The range is always a plus, but asking me to make a 50 minute drive, and pay $50+ for the course is more than I would be willing to do. A lot of similarly ($50-$70 courses) that are better in my opinion. If you can get a good hot deal (we used one) and go at a non-peak time - it is definitely worth the play.... but no weekend golf there for me anytime in the near future. I can imagine it would be a little tough.

"Great layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Great course and value for the money. Friendly staff and would highly recommend Little Mountain to anyone!

"Never again!"

Len5921408's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

The staff was top notch! The layout was fantastic! The greens were excellent! The conditions of the course were a joke! $54 for very poor conditions. I didn't mind all the bunkers. Got in them 3 times and I was pleased with the results. However, I would say that half of them are unplayable because of standing water, hard as a rock, or weren't even raked out. There were areas in the fairway that had no grass. Some of the areas had grass that I've never seen before. The rough was burned out on 80% of the course because it isn't watered. There were areas of rough that there was no grass or just weeds. The course is too short. I carried the bunkers on two of the holes leaving myself very short birdie opps which I converted. Maybe I'm spoiled golfing at Boulder Creek every week. Its really too bad! This was my first and most likely last time golfing here,

"Build a campfire"

brancheman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

6 hours to play 18 holes. They schedule the tee times too close together or double book. Whatever the reason, be prepared to have a "death march" playing this course. We waited so long on every tee that you had time to build a campfire and cook dinner.

"worth the drive"

XOXOXO's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

extremely nice beverage cart attendant!

"Don't bother!."

medufala's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played yesterday, 7/19/2016. When getting tee time, was told no leagues or outings. Had a 10:15 tee time. When told to go to first tee, there were 2 foursomes on the tee. Finished first hole at 10:55. Got to second tee and group in front was just leaving tee, par 3, and walking to green (that's the way the course is laid out). When they returned, we found they were part of a 30 man group. Called clubhouse to see if we could get off back nine. Drove back to clubhouse and was told we would have to wait for 2 foursomes that were coming off nine. Luckily, the first foursome allowed us to play thru. Rest of round played at a good pace,but not because of the management there. Course was very dry, and greens were so fact it was like putting on concrete. Worse than a lot of putt putt courses. Also, no water coolers, no beverage cart, and no ball washers. Also, sand traps were in terrible condition, with either no or little sand or ground under repair. Won't be going back.

"Great Conditions, fast play"

jma2399's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016

Course was in great shape, a little dry but understanding with the lack of rain. Greens were the best I have seen them in years. Went out at 1:30 and played 18 holes in less than 4 hours.

"the hype"

gfdimos's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2016

I had heard a lot of good hype about this course and Jimmy Hanlan has promoted on his show before so I was excited to drive over an hour finally to check it out. the course layout is cool and unique but I think the only clubs I used until the 8th hole were my driver, 52, pw and putter. The course was in decent shape, I wouldn't say great which is what the price of the round would imply. even with a golfnow hot deal it was a bit pricey for the quality in my opinion. neither my wife and I were very impressed. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend unless the price dropped to about half of where it currently is. I will say pace of play was great and I did like that al of the cart paths were paved. my biggest pet peeve with any golf course and the most frustrating thing for me is when there isn't a ball washer on every or almost every hole. this course had zero ball washers. by zero I mean that I played with a dirty golf ball the entire day. I get that my expectation of having one on every hole is a bit lofty, even for a course charging what Little Mountain does. this seems like such a simple thing for courses to offer I just don't get it and it's such a common experience for me but this place was over the top. first time I have ever been to any course, anywhere and not seen a ball washer through 18 holes. maybe I'm a weirdo and it's not that big of a deal to have a clean golf ball. overall I would say there are way too many courses in northeast Ohio to spend this kind of money on this course. I'd pass and probably won't be back, ball washers or not.

"Great staff, challenging course (trees), fast greens."

Bryan727's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

I thought the staff was excellent. Emily and Liz are stellar and very friendly. They have a driving range and nice putting greens. I was surprised they didn't allow walking carts as an option on this course since it wouldn't be that difficult to walk. That would be the only recommendation I could add. I'll definitely be back.

"Not sure it should be ranked as a top public course in Ohio"

22todd's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

A foursome from Columbus came up to play Little Mountain at 12:12pm (we played Fowler's Mill at 6:30am). Parking lot looked full when we arrived, we were about an hour early so we grabbed lunch, food was good. Teed off on time when the starter standing on the steps off the clubhouse told us we could now drive to the first tee. Found why he was standing on the steps when we drove out to #1 which is out in the middle of the course (first time we had experience that). Probably need a starter on #1 with a walkie talkie. Course is in average condition but well below that for a course to be ranked as a top 5 course in Ohio. Bare spots in the fairways and many bunkers were GUR or unplayable. Other bunkers were full of a great deal of white sand. Greens ran at good spend for a top course. Course would be worth playing for less money (we played $50 for an afternoon tee time. Pace of play was very good. Course does not compare to the #1 course in Ohio - Longaberger.

"Fun Course to play, but not worth the $"

pyaussy's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

This course has all the potential in the world to be an absolute destination for golfers. Great layout, nice elevation changes, challenging holes.

However, the course conditions are below par (see what I did there?). While many bunkers were absolutely perfect, there were a ton of bunkers with no sand in them at all and "GUR" signs posted next to them. Very unappealing. Secondly, there were weeds everywhere. Thirdly, there was burned out grass everywhere. Fourthly, the greens had little cut grooves about one inch apart covering the entire surface as if the lawnmower was too low. The greens were very suspect.

Also, we had a 6:40 tee time and arrived around 6:15. The place was dark and locked up. No opportunity to hit a few warm up balls. The cart guy finally started letting guys play without paying because the staff still had not arrived when it was time for us to tee off. We ended up paying at the turn.

All of this speaks to how poorly run the golf course is. More disappointing is listening to the owner on local radio (and the radio host) talking about how great the course is, only to get there and find something entirely different. I'd rather spend half the money and play a metro park course than go back here.

For reference, I'm a 10 handicap and like to play a different course each weekend all over Northeast OH. I played here about 10 years ago and wanted to give it another try. I will not be fooled again.

The staff at the course was friendly and helpful. I'm staying away simply based on the condition of the course.

"Permanently under construction?"

hoticeref's avatar
Cleveland Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2016

Fairways and greens are pretty nice. Course has dozens of huge, deep bunkers. About half of them are filled with new white sand. The other half appear to either be abandoned, or are being dug out to install drainage, or just partially under reconstruction. This course charges a premium price for a much less than premium experience. Their "bunker project" has been going on now for over 2 years.

I can't recommend this course at this time.