Hinckley Hills Golf Course

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals 9-hole rounds   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks

"Will never play there again and not worth any fee."

johna000001's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017
First time playing Walked Windy weather

Course has a number of poorly designed holes. Course is in fair condition in some places however one green has large areas that are unplayable and the traps look like they have not been maintained.

Staff overcharged people in our group before being called on it and returning the difference.

No drinking water anywhere on the course or beverage cart and not informed by anyone prior to the round.

golfguy1918's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

In my opinion, for the price it's the best course in Medina County! Great layout, changeling, variety of easy and hard holes. Friendly and helpful staff.

"The course is in bad condition"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

The course is in bad condition. All of the sand traps are hard and have grass growing out of them. There are no yardage markers. There was Danny Lyons growing in the Fairway.

Response from Hinckley Hills on 06/13/2017:

Hello Tom, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our golf course. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to earn your business again.

"Challenging and interesting layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Played this course hundreds of times, one of my favorites ......This course has a variety of different holes in its design....some wide open, some tight, some you can get aggressive and go for others you need to play smart. 18 distinctly different holes.....Definitely not your average cookie cutter course. Greens are a bit slow but have a ton of contour, so I'm not sure id like to see them fast. Staff is friendly. Its definitely not in "country club" shape but its not country club prices either. Overall a great experience. Will absolutely be back again and again!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Hinckley Hills on 06/05/2017:

Hello Mike, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our golf course. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to earn your business again.

"Drainage Issues"

Ulike28's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

After some bad rain the day before, the course didnt drain too well...even with all the hills, i only expected water issues in the low ground...

So im sure the rain caused all the long grass just off the fairway. It was tough to find your ball on ever shot which slowed the pace of play down. Some bunkers even had grass growing inside them, ive seen the course in better shape.

To be fair, the staff was great and i like that the course didnt jack their prices up due to it being a holiday, while knowing their course wasnt in its best condition at the time.

The course is already challenging enough, so only play in dry conditions....they have drainage issues when it rains.

Response from Hinckley Hills on 05/31/2017:

Hello Craig, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Perfect weather

Such a perfect day for golf! After the crummy April and early May N.E. Ohio has had with weather....The course is in excellent shape, you can tell that the grounds crew has been working hard to get it up to par..if I had to make a complaint would be the bunkers need a bit of attention, but I'm sure they have had their hands full just dealing with the weather and getting the grass cut down ( you should stay out of them anyway the are hazards after all).......Clubhouse Staff was very friendly, Would definitely play here again....I'm my opinion one of the better courses in the area.

"Wait a month"

KOOPER7777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

I love playing Hinckley Hills. The elevation changes and course layout make it a must-play. That being said, you should probably wait until at least mid-May to see the course in better shape. Right now the rough is so thick I lost 3 balls that just disappeared. The fairways are pretty thick too and the sand traps are very bad. The greens were slow and bumpy after a recent aeration but are usually much better. So give them a few weeks to get in mid-season form and I'll bet you'll be glad you waited. In the meantime, I have played Chenoweth, Paradise Lake, Cossett Creek, Deer Pass, and Astorhurst in the last few weeks and they are all in very good shape.

Response from Hinckley Hills on 04/20/2017:

Thank you for your review, Robin. We appreciate your understanding of the transition period we're in as we head into the season. We also love that you rated our staff, course layout, and pace of play 5-stars! We're looking forward to seeing you on the course again soon, thanks again for your valuable feedback!

"Great Course in N.E. Ohio"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

One of the best courses I have played this season. Beautiful Fall scenery, with the views that over look the surrounding valleys. Green and plush recovered well from a dry hot summer. Staff was very friendly and informative. A must play in my opinion.

"Great course"

gonegolfing12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016

I was really impressed with the course. It was very wet.

"Awesome"

pamela44231's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016

Really enjoyed the whole experience

"Slow play on a hot day"

Tingrin996633's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2016

extremely slow play on the back nine as the tee boxes backed up. Had to wait on every shot for the group's in front of you to hit and move forward. Many fairways were void of. enough grass to hit off of.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your round took longer than normal, as we know how valuable your time is. We hope you'll give us another shot. Please come back and play again soon!

"Course has fun/challenging holes and decent conditions considering lack of rain. Very friendly staff"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016

Course conditions were much better than some of the reviews. There was some very fun holes on the back nine. The starter was very friendly. Most greens were in very good shape but a few of the fairways were stressed a bit. Will play again!

Commented on 09/06/2016

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate your compliments regarding our course conditions. We've been working very hard to overcome some of the challenges of the dry summer that we've had and are happy to hear that our efforts are paying off. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Hilly and fun"

rbhvr440's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2016

It was challenging. Not the biggest fan of two par fives to start out, but we worked our way through it and the rest of the round blew by. There were no issues with pace of play which is right down my alley. I can't speak much to value because I got a golf now hot deal which was awesome. I also can't say too much about condition because we were smack in the middle of a drought. I don't really pay full price to go anywhere anymore, but if I got a deal I would certainly come back here.

Commented on 09/06/2016

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're happy that you had a good time with us and were able to save some money by booking online. We have special online deals on our website as well, http://www.hinckleyhillsgolf.com/. Thanks for playing and please come back again soon!

"Need water."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016

Course conditions were bad, dry and cracked greens and management needs to understand that they need to return to the original 18. The 5 holes they added have taken away the best holes on the original golf course. At a minimum they need to add water to the fairways and forget about the holes the added. The golf architect is rolling over in his grave with such stupidity in designing golf holes. The women who work at the course are delightful. Bob, needs to retire. Course needs new blood, Again go back to the original 18 and the rating increases 2 stars.

Response from Hinckley Hills Golf Course on 03/08/2017:

Hello, James. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to review our course. We are always working to improve course conditions and make for a better experience for all of our golfers. We regret to hear that you were not happy with the condition of the course at this time. We hope that the next time you play Hinckley Hills, you have a better expereince. We hope to see you again soon.

"Great day of golf"

rbhvr440's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2016

A buddy and myself golfed 18 here for 15 bucks plus fees. I had always seen the course on here and was hesitant because the rating seemed a little low. I am not a fan of two par 5's to start your round, but the course is lots of fun. Most of the courses in the area are dust bowls now, but considering the lack of rain we have had this course was ok. I am hopeful to come back again in the fall and experience the scenery here in another season. The hills and the greens offer a fun but playable challenge. I think this course should be rated higher. Considering there are courses on here that I know are not as nice that are rated much higher.

Commented on 09/06/2016

Thanks for the excellent review! We're thrilled that you found our course challenging but still fun to play. Please do come back in the fall! Our favorite time of year. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

"Garbage"

hoops5579's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Waste of money and time. Yet again. I don't even know where to begin. This is just outrageously bad. I've never seen these greens in a worse condition that this whole year. The greens are normally fast for such low quality, but now, when it's been sunny and 80 degrees for 7 days in a row, they're still slower than molasses! There's also dried spots on the greens that are all over the place. They aren't just small spots, they are giant spots all over. And these greens can't hold a single chip! You can hit in the front of the green and you can say goodbye to your ball. These greens are not greens if they can't hold a chip. You could hit the ball a mile in the air and the green still won't hold it. But these fairways are horrible. They had a sign saying that "they've had limited watering capabilities due to the heat." I was so confused. Every course I've been to is making sure they're watering every morning! This place is too cheap to even water they're greens. Save your money and time and go somewhere else.

Commented on 09/06/2016

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We're sorry that we failed to meet expectations. Course maintenance is our top priority and we've got all hands on deck to get our conditions back to standards that we would normally expect. We value your feedback and hope that you'll give us another shot in the near future.

"Sick to my stomach"

cloesch81's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016

I don't even know where to start...... This review is live from hole 2. First of all my friend made an honest mistake and booked 2 guys instead of 3. Yes, a mistake I know but you would think for a hole of a course like this and where very few people break 95 he'd give me a break. Long story short I paid 50 bucks for this dump. You can't determine fairway to rough. The greens roll at about a 7 on the stemp. 50 bucks for one of the worst courses in NE Ohio. If I didn't ride with a friend I would of turned around and played a real course for 50 bucks. Sure I get it I'm a scratch golfer but this place is a major dump period. I would never tell anyone to come here

Commented on 09/06/2016

We're sorry that your round wasn't up to par and that we didn't provide you with better customer service. If you'd like to tell us more about what happened, please email us at carolteetimes@gmail.com. Thanks for playing.

"GREAT GOLF"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Had a wonderful experience at Hinckley Hills. Except for the weather being really hot, it was a great day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Course was in good condition considering the hot dry weather the mid-west has had the past month. I will definitely be back and would recommend this as one of the better must play courses in the area.

Commented on 09/06/2016

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear that you had a good time with us and that you found our staff helpful. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

"HEALTH ALERT!"

sighlentz's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Before I even teed up the 1st ball, I was already sorry I chose this course. After reading the reviews about poor course conditions and poor customer service, I was skeptical of playing here but my son wanted to give it a try. I should have followed my instincts. Management didn't have the decency to post signs of E-Coli outbreak there or notify us when we checked in for our tee-time. The water fountain outside the clubhouse had a note on it to "not use". So.... went to the bathroom to wet a towel, fill a bottle of water and use the facilities. No water in urinal, or toilet, but water at sink, so I used the sink water to wet towel, fill bottle and wash my hands. After leaving the restroom, I overheard a few golfers outside the clubhouse saying that there was an E-Coli outbreak there. I'm so glad I hadn't drank from the bottle of water yet. I am still salty over managements lack of decency to notify, in any way, of this dangerous water condition. I could go on and on about the poor condition about the course, but I'll just state, "Play somewhere else, poor conditions, brutally dry and diseased greens, ridiculous hole layout on several holes. Worst experience in many years at a golf course. I will never go back there, even for free play, not worth the aggravation or health risk. I would also recommend that Golf Now ban this course from your service due to the lack of notification of the health risk in the water.

Commented on 07/25/2016

SIGNS WERE POSTED ON THE DOORS, THE COUNTERS, AND IN THE RESTROOMS OF A TEMPORARY WATER BOIL DUE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF BACTERIA IN A WATER SAMPLE. AS A PREVENTATIVE MEASURE WATER WAS TURNED OFF AT DRINKING FOUNTAINS TO PREVENT ANY POSSIBLE PROBLEMS. THE COURSE WAS PROVIDING FREE BOTTLED WATER TO ITS CUSTOMERS FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. WATER ISSUE HAS BEEN CORRECTED, ALL WATER HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS BACTERIA FREE AND SAFE