Windmill Lakes Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: No tank tops or cutoffs
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Tournament 70 6936 yards 73.8 128
Championship 70 6503 yards 71.9 124
Regular 70 6141 yards 69.7 118
Hybrid 70 5834 yards 0.0 0
Silver 70 5591 yards 0.0 0
Forward 70 4809 yards 67.5 113

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens plays long   Great for drinks

"Great!"

lomfict74's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

This course is awesome! It does not have a bad hole on it... you really have to hit shots on this one... greens are like glass!..i was in the area for a golf trip with 12 guys but 4 of us slipped to windmill lakes one afternoon...just to see if it was good... I'm sure that we will be adding it to our list next year... two of the guys I told about it actulay stayed an extra nite so they could go check it out ....

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for choosing to play Windmill Lakes! Sounds like we made a good first impression on you. Next time you're in the area we hope to see you out here!

"Always in great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

great course always in great shape. The course was very busy and lacked a ranger to get after a slow group. ii callesd the clubhouse and got right on it.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for your review. We apologize if the pace of play was a little slower than normal but we are glad that we were able to accommodate you after calling into the pro shop. We hope you'll join us for another round soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Thanks for the 5 stars! Book another round with us soon.

u000007172021's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

We appreciate your 5-star rating! Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"Great Course...but Slow"

dapfsu137's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

This is one of my favorite courses in Cleveland. I play it a few times a month. However, it is been extremely slow the last few times I have played. After 2 1/2 hours for nine holes, I left without playing the back nine.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

We're glad to hear that you consider us to be one of your favorite golf courses in Cleveland! We apologize if the pace of play has been slower than normal during your last few rounds with us but we hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the near future.

"Great Course"

u399720743's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Maybe the nicest course I've set foot on in Northeast Ohio.... I will definitely be playing here again!

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Awesome! Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next round with us.

"good golf course"

gmusiel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017

Very good golf course. The only complaint I have is the upstairs club house has a foul odor. This is not the first time I noticed this. My friend that I was with also noticed the smell.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for your 4-star review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the upstairs clubhouse and we will definitely look into it. We hope to see you out here at Windmill Lakes again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

Response from Windmill Lakes on 09/19/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star rating! Come visit us again soon.

"pace of play horrible"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

this was the second time I played this course. the pace of play was horrible again. took almost 3 hours to play 9. left at the turn and payed for 18. I will never play there again. we waited on every tee and had to wait before every shot. not sure what the issue is but won't happen again for me. sad because the course itself is really nice.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/04/2017:

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Windmill Lakes. We regret to hear that you ran into a problem with the pace of play. We see that you enjoyed the course conditions, which is one of our main goals. We hope that you will give us the chance to earn your business again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/03/2017:

Gregory, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We appreciate the 5 stars and hope to see you again soon at Windmill Lakes Golf Club in the Cleveland area.

"Almost Perfect"

Tsmithjr9's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
Previously played Walked Windy weather

This course is absolutely fantastic tee to green. The conditions are immaculate, and it is the perfect old school test. This course plays 6900 from the tips and at a par 70 it is a monster. But it doesn't trick things up with lakes at 270 off the tee, forced carries, and 200 sand traps. It is just laid out and you have to survive. They have the best pro shop in Cleveland and the staff is unbelievable. I remember my grandfather bringing me here in the early 90s and I still come back. This is a testament that 3 generations of my family enjoy this course.

I have one gripe about the day I played, and that was the pins. The greens themselves are large, undulating, and fast. These make things difficult enough without inaccessible pins. No one in my group made anything outside of 8 feet all day, and I consider myself a decent putter (8 hcp and avg. 30~ putts a round) I had 41 putts!!!! I know there was a tournament and I know this is the home of the of Kent St. team but think about the normal guy too. it's not fun when you can't get the ball to stop near the cup, and have to play 3-6 inches pf break on 2-4 foot putts all day long. On the first tee I heard the starter and the ranger talking that the whole course was backed up. Maybe this was part of it?

Listen overall this is a fantastic course, a great deal even at full price, they have a super helpful staff, and I treasure it every time I play here because of the memories. If you want a great old school test, go play Windmill.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/03/2017:

Hi Thomas, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you look forward to playing our course. We are glad that you enjoyed the conditions and staff. We look forward to seeing you next time at Windmill Lakes in the Cleveland area.

"The course is great!"

Songsofsong's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

This is my favorite place to play and consider it my homegirls now. Beautiful place.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/03/2017:

Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Windmill Lakes. We appreciate the 5 star rating and are glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you back soon!

"Great day! Great play!!"

AnnaMarie7430860's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

It was a beautiful day and the play was great. Greens in beautiful condition. Fairways pristine. Rough perfectly cut. Staff warm and helpful. Had great lunch at the Grille. Highly recommend playing here. Can't wait to play it again!

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/03/2017:

Hi Anna, thank you for the 5 star rating on our course, Windmill Lakes. We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoy our staff, restaurant, and course. We hope to see you again soon in the Cleveland area!

"Very nice course"

jradak7's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

We played the white tees and I drive the ball 220-240. I was anywhere from 150-220 yards out on par 4s. I believe the 6000+ yardage and I'm beginning to think other course fib a bit! Tee to green, the course was in great shape. The greens weren't overly fast due to recent wet weather and they broke about half of what we were figuring. Not overly tricky, though. Read putts from all 3 sides! A great experience all-around. I wish the Pro Shop had a presence online besides gift cards as I think their prices may be pretty good and they are well-stocked! Nice bar upstairs.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 07/21/2017:

Hi Jason, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Windmill Lakes, and for the 5 star rating. We take great pride in everything we do and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

"This course has great fairways and greens..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

Awesome public course! Free GPS in the carts. Fast pace of play. Beautiful large and fast greens. Beer cart girl. Best pro shop in the entire area with multiple PGA Pros. Extremely friendly staff.

Response from Windmill Lakes on 07/24/2017:

Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Windmill Lakes in the Cleveland area. We appreciate the 5 star rating and feedback! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience and hope to see you back soon.

"Great track!"

Deryl3865189's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017

Love this course. Greens are pure, well manicured and always in good shape. Best pro shop in Ohio!

Response from Windmill Lakes on 08/03/2017:

Hi Deryl, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Windmill Lakes. We are glad you had a great experience with our staff and conditions. We hope to see you back soon in the Cleveland area.

"Par for the course"

lancyen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

I've been playing this course since the early 80's.

It is my "go to" course of choice. While it's obviously not Pebble Beach, it stands out as one of the best courses I've played public or private, and I've played many outstanding international courses over the last 40 years. I rate Windmill Lakes as not a Birdy or Eagle, but a solid Par. It is always in very good condition and has excellent length with good verity of tight and open holes. I highly recommend this course.

Response from Windmill Lakes Golf Club on 08/03/2017:

Hi Lancy, thank you for taking the time to rate our course 5 stars and provide insightful feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, layout, and conditions. We hope to see you again soon at Windmill Lakes Golf Club in the Cleveland area!

"Windmill always in good shape"

bompalou99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Greens were awesome and course in great shape, even after a heavy thunderstorm the night before! Course used to have a reputation of being wet all the time but after playing it after the storm, that rep is overblown! Great place to play

"Course has fun/challenging holes and very decent conditions"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2017

This course was well worth the drive. The greens and fairways were is excellent condition. The course has some very challenging holes.

Response from Windmill Lakes Golf Club on 06/14/2017:

We are happy to hear that the course conditions were excellent for your round! We enjoy hearing the encouraging words and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"Awesome value AND top notch course"

fasman2's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Have played Windmill since the late 1990's and still think it's the best value for money and top-notch course in NE Ohio. Love the greens, pace of play is typically very good (likely because the course is more challenging, more experienced players typically play it). Pro Shop is top notch too. Not a thing wrong here. Bravo to the staff foe making it so!!

Response from Windmill Lakes Golf Club on 06/19/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.