MetroWest Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 2100 S Hiawassee Rd, Orlando, Florida 32835, Orange County
  • www.metrowestgolf.com

Year built: 1987
Architect(s): Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1987)
Type: Semi-Private
Style: Traditional
Greens: Tiftway II
Fairways: Bermuda 419

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

Dress code: Proper golf attired required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.4 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"This course gives variety"

mangbau's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2021

Nice place to play friendly staff good and beverage ok

Commented on 06/18/2015

mangbau,

We're glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you on the course again soon. Thank you for the review.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2017

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2017

"Good day"

vonhunt28's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2017

Had a 4some for 10:00 Teed of fat 10:06, course in good shape, esp. for this time of year. Greens were fast and took a little getting used to.We all had a great time and special thanks to Scott for keeping things together on a very busy Sat. morning.

Commented on 01/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. We will let Scott know that you mentioned him in your review!

"Great value but overbooked"

jcentonzio's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2017

This was my first time golfing in Orlando and I really enjoyed the layout and course conditions here. They overbooked the course and it took me over 3 and a half hours to get through 12 holes and I was playing by myself. Ultimately I had to leave before I could complete the round. Overall I would come back but at a different time of the day when it isn't so busy.

Commented on 01/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. I'm sorry to hear the pace of play was slow. We will make more effort for the rangers to speed up play as much as we can.

"Nice layout, average conditions, no signage!"

jplocic's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

The course layout and conditions were nice. But there is not a single sign on the course! No tee markers, no ball washers, nothing. We asked about this and the starter said it's because the kids in the neighborhood keep stealing them. But local golfers we met said it's because the owners or management company Insperity doesn't care about their courses. We got lost a few times trying to decide which way to go to get through a tunnel or back to the next tee. I tried to buy a yardage book in the pro shop bubt they don;t sell them. The greens were in decent condition and the course was a fairly nice layout.

"Best time of the year"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2017

The overseed has come in and the cours looks and plays better than it has in months. Only concern is, what will the summer months bring?

"good value"

arfelin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Played as a twosome. Arrived close to tee time due to traffic delays, staff was extremely accommodating, guided us to putting green and first tee, no rushing. Course was in good condition, only issues were no ball washers and no drinking water. Course layout is good (several holes are basically straight away w/o interesting features). Pace was good - played in about 3:40, caught up to a group but played through at the turn.

Commented on 01/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. To show our appreciation, we would like to comp you a round of golf at our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL. Please contact our team at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com and include where you would like the voucher mailed to so we can send you your voucher.

"easy to play. In very good condition"

Lansink's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Metrowest has wide open fairways, so it is easy to play. Not much water or trees come into play.

We would have liked to walk, but only carts are allowed which is understandable due to the course layout.

The course was in a very good condition. Also easy to play from the rough. We will definitely come back, also because of the good prices. Nice small driving range. Perfect for warming up.

Commented on 01/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. Please do come back and play. Please also check out our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL.

To show our appreciation, we would like to comp you a round of golf at Harmony.

"Course in great shape"

Rentall's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2017

Really enjoy this course. Played a month ago and the only issue was hole 11 which had no live grass but completely changed now and matches all the other nice green fairways.

The only issue this time was they put out two foursomes in front of us having a bachelor party and playing a scramble. We were told not to worry, they would be quick but it was very slow. Waiting every shot especially the back nine. Other than that it was all good.

Commented on 01/18/2017

"Nice course with some great holes and obvious improvement work taking place"

JS7784's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2017

We'd read some of the reviews about Metro West and had wondered wether we should play it. We found a great course layout, though you do need a cart; it is definitely not a walking course. It is a shame that the course had been neglected but it is obvious that work is now going on to improve the course, and hopefully to bring it to a great standard. It is only the second course we've come across where there are no tee signs, (the other being Royal Porth Cawl in Wales, UK). The starter informed us of this and gave us detailed information on getting round. Following the cart path took us easily from green to the next tee. Overall we enjoyed the course and hopefully will play again. All the staff were very friendly and course facilities were good.

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are constantly striving to improve the conditions. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. To show our appreciation, we would like to comp you a round of golf at our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL. Please contact our team at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com and include where you would like the voucher mailed to so we can send you your voucher.

"Welcome back Metrowest"

jared8290813's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2017

It had been over a year since I last played Metrowest due to deteriorating course conditions and bad reviews. I decided to give it another shot due to some recent promising reviews and some positive word of mouth feedback. I'm definitely glad I did. I found the course to be in very good condition. Let me clarify, the course is not in as good of shape as it was a few years back (following the renovation of the greens) but it is most certainly in good condition and heading in the right direction. I am a 3 handicap, play at least one a week and consider myself pretty picky about course conditions. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely be back. Thanks Metrowest for a nice morning!

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and coming back to play again! We're so glad you enjoyed the course. To show our appreciation, we would like to comp you a round of golf at our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL. Please contact our team at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com and include where you would like the voucher mailed to so we can send you your voucher.

"Course is improving"

trgrend's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2017

Played Metro West the other day and it is definitely improving since just a couple of months ago. Now even hole 10 and 11 are in pretty good condition.

Interesting course, we are seniors and played from white and got a great day out of it.

Nice staff, snack bar downstairs has good food and drink.

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and noticing some improvements on our course. We are still constantly striving to improve the course. We're so glad you enjoyed the course.

"Slow as Christmas and this was New Year's Eve"

Randy3264373's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2016

I started this round a few minutes after 10 a.m. and finished at about 3:30 p.m. This was the slowest round I can remember. After the 9th hole, there were four groups backed up on the 10th tee. I had time to eat a sandwich and still waited in my place in line to tee off the 10th. The funny thing is that I was told on the first tee that the course was not busy that day and I should be able to finish quickly. The marshal attempted to speed up play but it did not seem to matter. This course was played on the last day of my trip and because of the length of the round I had no time for any other activities planned for the remainder of the day. The other time I played it was not like this.

The greens were in great shape. There were a few bad spots in the fairways but not in too bad a shape. The interesting thing is that there are no signs or maps of holes on any of the tee boxes. None of the boxes even tell you what hole it is. You should be weary of the water fronting the 18th hole because you may not realize it when you hit your second shot.

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I'm sorry the Marshall could not help with the pace of play that day. We will definitely inquire why this happened.

"Cold Florida day!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2016

I was hesitant to book based on some recent reviews I'd read. I'm glad I went ahead and did it anyway! The course was in good shape all around. Sure, some grass was dormant and a couple greens had some top dressing on them, but overall I found conditions to be good. It's not the first time I've played and I will certainly be back. We teed off at 2pm and finished 18 in 3.5 hours. Not too shabby.

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. To show our appreciation, we would like to comp you a round of golf at our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL. Please contact our team at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com and include where you would like the voucher mailed to so we can send you your voucher.

"Very nice course. Great Value"

bgmaizy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2016

Golfed with my husband. 1st time playing this course. Great value for the money. One of the favorite courses I played while in Orlando. Recommend to all levels of golfers.

Commented on 01/07/2017

"Save your money unless you want to play 6 hour round"

BillyNarut's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2016

Pace of play was horrendous and no staff did anything to move it along took 6 hours to play course isn't in that good shape greens are nice but have unrepaired ball marks every other couple feet only reason I gave it a star was because you could get a good burger for 6 dollars at the turn other than that save your day and your money and play elsewhere

Commented on 01/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. We will definitely inquire why our staff wasn't on top of moving along the pace of play. We are constantly striving to improve the conditions of the course. Although some things will take more time to see the differences, we are working on things we can improve on right away to make playing as enjoyable as possible. If you would like to give us more feedback or have any questions, please contact us at CustomerCare@integritygolfco.com.

Jaycohen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2016

Commented on 12/30/2016

Thank you for your good review.

If you would like to give us more feedback or have any questions, please contact us at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com.

Graysongavulic's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2016

Commented on 12/30/2016

Thank you for your five star review.

Happy Holidays!

"Good all around."

gacdmc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2016

Great course lay out. The only hazard is the $6.00 for a 16 oz. can of beer from the cart or bar.

Commented on 12/30/2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're so glad you enjoyed the course. To show our appreciation and make up for the expensive beer, we would like to comp you a round of golf at our newly renovated course Harmony Golf Preserve in central FL. Please contact our team at ThankYou@integritygolfco.com and include where you would like the voucher mailed to so we can send you your voucher.

Happy Holidays!