MetroWest Golf Club

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "MetroWest Golf Learning Center"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Average Rating 3.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"This course gives variety"

mangbau's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2021

Nice place to play friendly staff good and beverage ok

Commented on 06/18/2015

mangbau,

We're glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you on the course again soon. Thank you for the review.

"Great Course for the $$"

dolphinfan923's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

I was pleasantly SHOCKED to discover elevation on a central Florida course! Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly mountainesque, but it was a nice change. I am sure the course has seen it's better days, but the course is in fair to good condition, and I see it improving. There were a few rough holes but that's expected. I will return in a heartbeat. Great time. Staff not so friendly. Not exactly rude, but just seemed really annoyed that you are there. We loaded our own clubs following the round because nobody was around and it was about noon (good! I saved on the $5 tip! Ha). Great value and a great time. Will most definitely return.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

"Wide open and friendly"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Fairways needed help but overall an enjoyable round. Especially for the price.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Beautifully kept golf course near downtown. Great value!"

jwalla129's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017
First time playing Used cart

This course is in great condition especially considering the drought Central Florida has had the past few months. Greens were above average and for the most part the course looked great (small dead spots occasionally in the fairways). It has a great combination of hole layouts so I had a great time playing the different shots. Really nice tee box on the back nine where it had a great view of downtown Orlando skyscrapers. Saw the cart girl multiple times on the course and there are bathrooms throughout. I did not see any water refill stations so make sure to pack extra water for yourself.

"Great Greens"

evemiria68's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. Greens were in great shape and fairly quick which I like. Found 3 or 4 fairways that were in rough condition but some fertilzer and water will take care of that. Really like the 18th upgraded with the rocks lining the lake. I will be very happy to play Hampton Golf's Metro West Course again in the near future.

"Birthday golfing"

Tony9087499's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

Had a great day on the course. The fairways were a little rough but expected with a drought happing. Greens are in really good shape. But the only issue i had was on the front 9 bathroom code was wrong on the card and no water on that 9. It's Florida and hot. 4653 was the code on the card but the code pad on the door only went up to 5. So i had to find a tree. But Eagled the 7th hole par 5. Nice birthday present. Ill go back.

"No rough after long drought"

naoyukikomatsu's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

You need hit it long from the tee and you can because of no rough. I like it. I like it because it's RTJ Sr. I like it because after spring drought. I like it because the putting green is good condition. While I spray, still I could try to hit the green.

"Not the same"

battweb's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

MetroWest is in rough shape. Weeds all over the place and they are severely understaffed. No rangers on course leads to a terrible pace of play.

"Poor fairways"

handerson72's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Not bad for price but fairways in poor shape. I was hitting off dirt in middle of fairway and some tee boxes were sand/dirt mix. The rough had better grass than fairways. Will try different course next time

Commented on 06/16/2017

2. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are responsible. Our management team has attempted to reach out to you personally via Golf Advisor. We look forward to hearing from you.

Our Sincerest Regards,

Hampton Golf Management

"Improved with change of Management"

Jack2366647's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Prior to Monday, May 1st, my last round here was February 1st. The course, then, was vastly improved over my round in November 2016, when it was in horrible condition. I note that it is even more improved over February, and I can only guess it is due to a change in management companies. Integrity/Celebration was the previous management company, and like all the other course they manage, they let it deteriorate to an almost unplayable condition. Now, however, the Hampton Group has taken the management responsibility for this course, and the conditions are far improved from February. The fairways are showing signs of green grass again, and the greens are in great shape. The grill and restaurant are once again open, and the staff is professional and friendly. I would also like to note that I played another course last week, Stonegate Cypress, in Solivita. Those two courses were formerly damaged by Integrity/Celebration, and now, after a total renovation by the Hampton Group, are once again back in excellent condition.

Thanks to the Hampton Group for saving some really great golf venues here in Orlando. I could only hope and wish they would get hold of my home course, Hunter's Creek, and do the same. Play Metrowest. You'll enjoy it!!

Jack,

Thank you so much for having faith in our path to improvement as we have acquired MetroWest. Your compliments and time taken to write this review mean very much and we hope to cater to you again in the near future! Cheers!

Sincerely,

"Enjoyed Metro West"

leblanck43's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Liked the layout, staff was very courteous and friendly , enjoyed our round. Fairway grass was very sparse and tee boxes were shoddy but the greens were in good shape.

"Happy Golfer"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

First time playing there with a second time golfer. The layout was amazing but that staff made you feel at home. Will definitely be back on my next visit to Orlando.

Commented on 06/16/2017

3. Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We take great pride in our customer service and the experience we deliver. Receiving feedback of all kinds is very much appreciated by our staff as we strive to continue to maximize the opportunity you allow us to entertain, and satisfy our guests. However, receiving reviews like yours are the most rewarding, as they reinforce our tireless efforts to deliver an excellent product. Sincere thanks from our entire staff, and we hope to see you again soon.

King Regards,

"This course needs work"

dtw757ca's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

I have played Metrowest countless times but not for about 6 months. The greens putted very nice and were in great shape. The bunkers were also raked and in great shape which is not always the case here due to drainage issues I believe. The problem today was the lack of grass in the fairways. After the 3rd hole we felt it necessary to play preferred lies. There are way too many bare spots and areas of hardpan. This was not always the case as the fairways here are generally good. After mentioning this to a few of the staff, the general answer seemed to be - yes we need rain. The only place that seemed to be watered were the greens. I did see fairway sprinklers come on a couple of times, but they are not watered near enough. I would not recommend play here at this time unless you don't mind hitting from thin, hard lies with little grass.

Our Sincerest Regards,

"Met expectations"

AnthonyLazzara's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

For the cost I did not have high expectations. So I would say it's a good value. Friendly staff, very slow play, greens good, fairways and tee boxes below average. Nice open layout for someone like me who hasn't played in a couple of months. Again for the cost it met expectations

"Great Course, Needs Drinking Water"

slice213's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

Course was in very good condition. Greens were perfect, and rolled very smoothly. Couple of dry spots on the fairway but that more has to do with the lack of rain, not poor maintenance.

Pace of play was very good, only had to wait on one hole when the group in front of us got drinks from the cart girl (credit card machines were down so that might have caused the extra wait time).

My only issue was there was absolutely no drinking water on the course. Not very acceptable for a Florida golf course, especially moving into the hotter months.

"Saturday golf"

Coachrgt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

Love the layout but they need help on the grass and driving range is like dirt pavement and ball machine never works.

"Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

This course is in great shape pace of play is good it's never looked better however I won't use GolfNow anymore rate increase and a larger amount required up front makes it a real pain to check in with your buddies and I asked the guy to divide up the difference what a joke why did you screw up a good thing ?

"Great improvements!"

Brram33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017
Previously played Hot weather

Really enjoyed the improvements the new management has made. Staff is friendly and attentive. The course was greatly improved and a fantastic value! Glad I can call MetroWest Golf home again!

Commented on 06/16/2017

2. We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your positive feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,