Heather Downs Country Club

3.8182000000 3.8 stars from 5 (33)

Gift this Course

Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass
Golf Season: Open: 3/15 Closed: 12/15

Clubs: No

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Tees | Layout

Champion/Blue 71 6250 yards 70.6 123
Middle/White 71 5844 yards 69.1 120
Forward/Red (W) 73 5518 yards 71.6 122

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city   Great for locals   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

I plan this course on the regular it's always in great shape even during the summer going through a drought last year it was green and gorgeous. The only reason I have the pace of play a 3 was because they were absolutely packed yesterday, literally the most cars I have ever seen in that parking lot so I mean you can't expect fast play when you have 3 foursomes in front of you. But the course was in great condition as always especially after it raining for 3 days straight and it was a great experience like always.

"NEVER GOING BACK"

Stdrummer07's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

Heatherdowns is an extremely mismanaged golf course. I have been there 6 times and more than half those times I've had to deal with them over booking tee times resulting in waiting at every hole to shoot. My round yesterday was the final straw, my 12:08 tee time for 2 golfers, started at 12:15 and we didn't finish our round until 6pm!!!!! We called the clubhouse and asked if we could get a ranger to help, the ranger came after 30mins, told one group to pick up the pace. They should have been out there at noon making sure everyone is playing "ready" golf. I want to love this course, I like the layout and it's less than a mile away from my house but this round was unacceptable.

"Challenging layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2016

Tree lined fairways and fast greens made this course a challenge. Definitely will play this course again.

mcnultyn1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2016

"Old School Favorite"

Jammergolf70's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This is my 2nd favorite course in the Toledo area behind Ottawa Park. Fairly simple course but challenging enough with the wide open areas on the front nine and the wooded lined back nine. Holes 4-6 have some nice elevation changes that will challenge every skill level. Good mix of slight dog legs and straight holes. The overall course conditions are the best I have seen them in the last five years. Really a joy to play here!!

"Great course"

pkircher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2016

Got a good deal so I decided to play here for the first time. Everything was really nice. Great greens, the best cared for bunkers I've seen in the area, fair rough length, and a great and unique course layout. Not just a "down and back" kind of course. I will be back!

"Muy Awesome!!"

Focusrios1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2016

What can I say. I didn't score that well but it was fun trying. Great course with friendly staff. great value!!!

"Not Worth The Price"

sshutes's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Definitely not worth the $30 compared to what you can play similar courses for. If you can get a GolfNow tee time for anything south of $22 with the fee, I would say go for it. They have a hard time managing rain water compared to other courses in the area and they always seem to be mowing the greens when I am on the course, meaning I have to wait for the mower to move. Plenty of scenic and challenging holes, greens are true, fairways are fine. Could be a very nice course. Not a good value.

"Beautiful"

Bubhaf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2016

Well manicured would play again

"great course!"

Larry1934404's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2015

Great semi private course. No problem with pace of play. We only played the front 9 and didn't try the food. The clubhouse staff was very personable and welcoming to the two of us from out of town. Greens were well groomed. Watch out for 4... killer drop but we were forewarned. Would definitely recommend.

Commented on 09/11/2015

Thanks for 5 star review! Great to hear you had a quick round and enjoyed the overall experience of the course, see you soon!

"Need water on the golf course!!!!"

dufferdudue's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Very hot and humid day-no water coolers anywhere on the course. While realizing courses want to make money on beverage purchases, on a hot day they need water on the course!!!

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 09/11/2015

Sorry to hear the cart girl missed you on that day, we typically do offer water.

"A great course with a lot of variation."

uVHHL8346VH's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2015

Have played twice, for the price and conditions, I will be back.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 08/27/2015

We;re glad you enjoyed the conditions and the course, see you soon!

"Traditional Layout; Great Greens!"

Todd6985292's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2015

Heatherdowns CC is a wonderful traditional style course. It's very open on the front nine with South Toledo's "Amen Corner" on holes 4-6.<br/> Pace of play is usually 4 hours or just over.<br/> Using the hot deals on golfnow makes the course a great value!

Commented on 07/29/2015

Thank you for the review! We're glad you enjoyed the round and were able to find a great tee time special. Come back again!

"Course is very playable"

jseiler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015

Played this course 20 years ago...not as nice as it was then....but very playable....a little tight between greens and the next tee box....worth the trip on the way home from Detroit.

Commented on 07/29/2015

Thanks for traveling all the way from Detroit! We hope you come back again!

"Mixed experience due to course conditions"

Bradhight's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Played this course on a Wednesday after the course had received about 5 inches on the previous Saturday. Probably should have called ahead to make sure course was playable, but booked anyways. When I got there, was told there were no carts available due to the soggy course and that holes 4 and 5 were unplayable. Decided to play anyways (since I drove 25+ minutes to get there and I was visiting the area for a week). Turns out that holes 1, 9, 10 and 18 (closest to the clubhouse) were still very soggy, with #1 almost unplayable (I'd say ~40% of fairway and rough under water). Ended up following a couple of players ahead of me as they played 4 & 5, both of which were playable (a few minor issues, but #1 was much worse). Holes 4 and 5 are the signature holes to me and also the tougher ones. Since I was playing the blue tees, hole 6 had to carry an extra 100 yards which provides a nice challenge. While the front 9 is more open, the back 9 brings in the old, mature trees. If you can hit it straight and avoid the trouble of the trees, you can play well. I had one of my best 9 holes on the back 9, going 1 over. Overall, the course is nice and was in decent shape considering how much rain the course got several days before. There aren't many holes you will remember outside of 4 and 5, but it could be a good value if you can get it for a good price.

Commented on 07/29/2015

Thank you for the feedback about your experience at the course. We have been hit with some terrible rain and work hard to keep the conditions of the course up to par. Come back again this summer, things have dried up and the course is in great shape!

"tee times stacked up too close!!!"

j7logan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Tee times were all stacked up on top of each other!!!!<br/> 4 groups all stacked up waiting to tee off! ridiculous pressure to keep moving, but couldn't go anywhere....

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 07/29/2015

We're sorry to hear the tee times were too close together, this can occasionally happen on our busier days. We hope you come back again.

"Rain and sun in one round"

Jim5849729's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

The weather was rain for the first 9 holes, and sunshine for last nine. Typical Ohio weather. The staff was friendly and check-in was seamless. The only problem we had was the 4-some in front of us, that would not speed up play, and would not let us pass. This is not the course's fault, it was just a very inconsiderate and oblivious group of guys in front of us. So we started a nice back-up on the course because of these guys...until the Course Ranger repeatedly asked them to move it along. Then they stopped putting after 2 missed putts, and yes it sped up play! But overall, great course, great playing conditions, friendly staff, great value!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 07/29/2015

Thank you for the great review! Bummer to hear a group of guys were slowing down the pace of play, but good thing it eventually got better! We hope you come back again and play the course!

"Very nice course!"

Thomas5415243's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Nice course very well kept! Fast paced golf! Fairways are kinda narrow so hit them straight!