Pine Acres Country Club

• (814) 362-2005, (814) 362-7085
  • (814) 362-2005
  • pineacrescc.com

Year built: 1965
Architect(s): James Harrison (1965)
Type: Semi-Private

Forward 72 5889 yards 68.6 125
Ladies 72 5120 yards 69.5 120

Average Rating 5.0 stars from 5
Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Pine Acres "A Gem in Penn's Sylvania""

dengent1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2013
Previously played Paired up at course Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I'm writing an ongoing review of this Golf Course rather than a one time outing... I was 10 years old in 1965, the first time my father handed me a little canvas bag with a small persimmon wood, 2 irons and a putter. He took me to this rocky, hilly, wide open little 9 hole Golf Course out in the woods, somewhere along the road that went from Bradford to Warren. It was so new that the "old clubhouse", actually a little dark brown, wooden house, was moved from one of the old villages, now #then# under the water of Pennsylvania's newly built Kinzua Dam. He told me the name of it was Pine Acres and he had purchased stock in it. That's what started my golf debut.
My dad, Gene Snyder, actually caught a hole-in-one on what was then the Number One hole, with a pond right of the tee-box, a near right angle dog-leg about 200 yards away, and 100 or so yards from the green. He made a long, high-flying shot over the woods in direct line with the green #where he always did#. We looked for his ball on the front right side of the green #where it always landed# at an opening between the trees and green. ??? No-where to be found? "Never to be seen again?" He put another ball in play and chipped onto the green, but I had the first putt. When I went to take my ball out of the hole, I found my dad's ball in it with mine. He actually had to double check to make sure. It was his old Acushnet ball alright! It was the first hole-in-one I had ever seen. Those trees were fairly young and not over 40 feet tall.
Now to present time: The little wide open 9 hole course added nine more holes, it's fairways grew in and the small trees grew up over the years creating what is now one of the best 5 courses I've ever played. You can get the slope and difficulty ratings from the course or online, but the fresh air, the clean woods lining the fairways, #now a serious challenge for any golfer#, and the beautiful landscaping added over the years, will refresh anyone's outing. The greens are exceptional. They are hard, like putting on glass, and you better have spin if you want to hold them. Putting is fast and tricky if you don't play this course often, and then there's the slope.
I missed the past 2 years playing there but will definitely be at the course this year.
Pine Acres is a great Golf Course and for me... it takes me back to a time when a 10 year old kid remembers his youth and time spent with his dad. I'll update this review later after I strive to find my way around this extraordinary course once again. Dennis Snyder

Player Tip: Hit straight, watch your approach and putt well.