Victory Hills Golf Course

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers

"Save your time and money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Immediately upon arrival I was told that I needed to wait to play with three other individuals because I booked a discounted rate. The course was empty and there was no reason I needed to be paired up with three other random people. The receptionist was incredibly rude and repeated how I got a discount and that means I have to be partnered up. I explained that on GN I booked an individual wth a cart. And that I didn't agree to share that cart with anyone. And she continued to repeat herself and be disrespectful toward me. Then agreed to let me play solo as I had booked. I played my round and then payed for another 18 since it was just 5 o'clock. They took my money and said I'd be fine to finish the 18. At 7pm a worked came up to me when I had 4 holes left( I was playing very quick) and told me I was done and needed to follow him in. There was still over and hour of day light and he informed me that since the course was empty I need to come in. I asked if I'd be reimbursed for the nearly 25% I didn't get to play and he said no. He told me that they should have let me play 18 and it was "not his problem". Save your money and go to butlers. The staff are very rude and have huge chips on their shoulders, yet they don't mind taking your money. They were very rude about me booking a discounted rate through GN. I suggest if they have such and issue with people using the site, they should remove themselves from it.

Course Layout: Poor

"Good beginners course"

Joel9578777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

Had fun with my daughter and son and my wife course was lush and layout was easy

"Slow Play - Terrible Cart Paths"

hollyg1440's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

I booked my tee time based on Golf Now showing approximately 6 tee times in a row. So I assumed it was wide open so we shouldn't be there all day and night. We get to the course and on hole 1 there is a fivesome on the green - a foursome on the fairway another fivesome on tee box and a foursome and threesome waiting to tee off and guess what there are not carts for anyone that isn't on the tee box. The round took well over 5 hours after we finally teed off about 20 minutes late. I would have never booked if the course didn't show so many available tee times. The course does not have cart paths everywhere but where they do they are AWFUL. We had a threesome in front of us of young kids drinking by the back nine they were almost 2 holes behind the group ahead of them. No one out there monitoring slow play. I usually play this course a few times a year but I am not sure I will be back.

Commented on 04/22/2017

This course is awful. The women checking me in was so ignorant I almost left and let them keep the money. She was so ignorant and short with me simply because I was younger it was absolutly insulting. Then they took my money for an additional 18 and then some old man cut me short by 4 holes and told me I had to come in because I was the last one left at 730 at night while there was plenty of time to finish. I wouldn't give this course or the personal another penny. The course is poorly maintained and the stage is pathetic at best. Save you time and money and go to butlers like everyone else. I can't say enough about how poorly I was treated, yet they had no problem taking my money and not letting me finish my round. The management here is completely inept and the rest of the staff clearly has no respect for the clientele nor the owners. Before you book Thai course, take you money and light it on fire, you will definitely get more out of it that way.

adominick's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

"great condition"

edfarley17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2016

Nice tough greens too. Had a good time

"The course greens make it very challenging."

dorsey09's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2016

The golf course is in great shape. If you want to score well, never get you golf ball above the hole! I play hear frequently and recommend it to any type of golfer. The staff is really friendly and the course a great challenge.

"Average course. Good deal for value tee times"

wmiley99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2016

Average western PA golf course. Unique layout. Greens are in good shape, pretty challenging. Sand traps need work. Overall had a nice time. The lady working the concession stand could have been a little nicer. Other than that the staff was very nice.

"Vic Hills"

Josh6615126's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2016

Great staff, and amazing course for the money. Best greens in Western PA.

"Fantastic green"

wadepittbrown's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016

Their greens are as true, and in as good of shape as any public course around the area of the mon valley.

"Good course"

nwlippert's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2016

The course is on the shorter side compared to others in the area, but the difficult greens make up for the length of the course.

My only complaint was the cart paths. While limited, they were in terrible condition and it was easier to get a smooth ride going on the grass.

"Cart paths"

Rpkern's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2016

Need to improve the condition of cart paths on just about every hole

"Nice course"

Tristant4321's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2016

It was a very nice course nice fairways nice greens the staff however not so friendly.. they made you not want to go back but it wasn't the nicest day so I would give it another chance because of how nice the course was and for the 18 dollar hot deal you can't beat it..I would give a higher overall rating if it wasn't for the staff..

"Greens were awesome, cart paths need help"

jnoah37's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

First time playing this course and I was happy for the price. I paid the hot deal price of 18$ for 18 holes and a cart and honestly can't complain about course conditions at all. Fairways were cut, fringe was cut and greens were surprisingly fast and in great condition. I went out here because I saw end of last years comments on how well greens were and so I took a chance. It was well worth the money! There is one absolutely annoying drawback. The carpaths were horrendous and the bunkers were in rough shape. Its not such a big deal after nine holes but as we were playing the back nine it just became ridiculous. If you play on drinking and playing youre holding your beer the entire day. (which may not be such a bad thing) haha

"Nice local course"

jepst14's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

This course can be challenging at times. The time we played here it rained heavily for about 15 minutes and the course was soaked. Other than that it was a great time out and will go back.

"great fall golf"

drgolf3126's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

course was in great shape no leaf problem and greens were perfect

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 11/06/2015

Thank you drogolf3126 for your review and feedback of Victory Hills Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope you will continue to golf with us while the weather is still so nice. Please come back and visit us again soon!

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2015

Never had a bad experience at Victory Hills. Recommend to anyone. Not a difficult course but not easy also.

Commented on 10/16/2015

Thank you for your feedback and review of Victory Hills Golf Club! We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will continue to come back and golf with us throughout the season.

"CHALLENGING"

RPM15122's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2015

Tough course due to sloping fairways and greens. Greens and fairways in really good shape

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 10/16/2015

Thank you RPM for your review. We strive to continuously improve course conditions and hope that you will let us know if there is anything you need and we will try our best to accommodate you. Come back and golf with us again soon!

"Interesting course"

Condorll's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Some challenging holes. Tee boxes and greens were in very good condition. Fairways and rough not as good due to the current drought in our area. Cart paths are in poor condition, but staff advised the cart paths will be removed.. Very friendly staff and patrons. Will play again.

Commented on 09/24/2015

Thank you Condorll for your review as we appreciate your feedback. We continually strive to meet your expectations with course conditions and hope you will continue to play at Victory Hills again and again!

"Nice day."

Gstouffer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2015

Overall the course was in great shape. The cart paths do need a lot of work and redone. Overall a great day..f

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 09/02/2015

Thank you for the great review of the course, Gstouffer! We appreciate the note on the cart paths as many golfers have noted. We will continue to work to get better and hope you will join us again soon for another round!

"Great front nine"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015

The staff at this course are great people! The front nine are challenging and fun to play. When you get to the back nine it gets congested because of the up and down set up of the holes. It takes time because someone is always playing in your fairway or vice versa. I must say it is a nice local course and a bargain for the price that you can get on the golf now app. I have played 18 hole rounds here for 15 dollars. All and all its a good place to play.

Commented on 09/02/2015

Thank you for your great review of the course layout! We are glad you find the front to be challenging but still fun, and the staff is very appreciative of your kind words. We hope to have you back soon!