Presidential at Hickory Valley Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

"Interesting course Friendly Staff"

zacharyhoward123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Played the Presidential course, excellent condition tees to greens pace was good and no problems having an enjoyable round at my own pace. I would recommend this course for all the right reasons.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/28/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback, zacharyhoward123. We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!

"All things considered..."

pgmaher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

We liked the course but were a little disappointed about them not telling us about the prep work going on for an event the next day - concentric circled hoses on one green and a port-a-pot surrounded by tiki torches on the 18th green??? I kid you not, sounds like I'm making this up but I'm not. But I'm not really complaining. It wasn't the best weather day; off season has pretty much started, the course was wet (cart path only) so we just took it in stride. Plus we got a super deal on GolfNow so that's just how it goes. But the course is nice, not overly long but some tough doglegs make you think about your shots. I'll go back.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/14/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, pgmaher. We apologize about the prep work that was going on for the event following your round. This was a one off situation and we hope this does't deter your from returning for another round. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!

"Decent layout and conditions"

Changtsc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Decent layout and good conditions. Got a good deal on Golfnow.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Thanks for the great review, Changtsc. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you got a great deal on GolfNow. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with any specials we're running at the course. Thanks for playing Hickory Valley Golf Club!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/30/2017:

Thanks for the 4-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

"not your smash and grab"

raseron's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

i love this course.

it's not simply a "smash a driver and hit a wedge" place, but a course where you can use a variety of clubs. there are times when you need to be precise, and others when you have room for error.

i wouldn't recommend it for a beginner, a moderate player will enjoy as will someone with more skill yet.

i've never known it to be in poor condition, and the people i've met while playing have always been friendly.

it's a little bit of a drive for me (no pun intended), but one that i gladly make.

if you want an easier go of things, play the sister course, the Ambassador, which is the other 18 of the 36 holes offered at Hickory Valley.

small downside - the range is small and has poor mats, with lousy, used balls. so you can warm up, but you won't spend too much time on it.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thanks for the detailed review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout of the course and your round with us overall. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

moutsatsos's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/23/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon.

"Presidential"

Bsw99993's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

I had played the ambassador course a year or two ago and it was a very forgettable course with no holes that really stuck out. This was my first time on the presidential and I enjoyed it. Loved the course layout with the ponds and creeks playing a factor in a lot of the holes on the front 9 and the last few on the back. It had rained a good amount the days leading up to my round so the greens were very wet and most balls plugged. Greens were also very slow as a result. Felt like I was in a tunnel on some holes with trees surround the fairways. Would love to get back here in the summer when the course dry.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We'r glad to hear you had an enjoyable round, despite the wet course conditions. We're looking forward to your next round with us! Thanks for playing.

"Course in good shape, but slow play"

tyoungerman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

Ambassador course is in good shape. Fairways and greens are looking good after a long summer. Needed a marshal on the course to speed up play, as it was a 4 1/2 hour round.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.

Mike1205265's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review! We hope to see you again soon!

johnhocking's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Thanks for the kind words, John! We're looking forward to your next round with us.

"Lack of organization"

MULLYMAN's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Booked as a single on golf now to play with a threesome. There was no starter so I was on my own. Never did see a threesome to play with, actually for about 25 minutes no one went off the first tee. Finally 2 guys went off about 10 minutes before me. They only had one bag; fortunately for me it appeared they ran out of golf balls on the 7th hole and they went to their car; allowing me to play the rest of the round unimpeded.

Course had just been aerated and greens were impossible to read and put.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/21/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your patience as our greens heal from aeration. We hope to see you again soon for another round!

"One of my favorites"

Steve9650471's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

A country club it's not, but if you're looking for a challenging, well maintained golf course with friendly courteous staff members this is the place. Many fairways are tree lined so tee shots are crucial. Large undulating greens can be fast but not extreme. Either course is well worth the money. There are deals on line if you look around. We play here three or four times a year and always 4 1/2 hours or less.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/21/2017:

Thanks for the kind words, Steve9650471! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

uHXPT3392HX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Thanks for the 4-star review! We hope to see you again soon!

"Hidden gen"

vskb01's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

This is a great course. The bunkers, fairways and greens are in great condition. It's a little off the beaten path, but worth the drive.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/14/2017:

Thanks for the review. We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable around and appreciate you choosing Hickory Valley.

"Overbook much?"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

I feel like this place is notorious for overbooking in the summer, but this past weekend was different in that they overbooked and they had an outing going on. They told us it was cart path only - no clue why as we didn't get any rain the whole week. Cart girl was nice, but after the 3rd hole I didn't see her until hole 16; so that kind of sucked too. Probably won't be coming back here again anytime soon.

"Labor Day"

Sean9544139's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

it was understandably busy due to the holiday, but it was completely overbooked and the pace of play was not monitored at all. We didnt tee off until 35 minutes after our booked tee time and pace of play never picked up. The group in front of us was very disrespectful and did not take other golfers into consideration throughout the day. It would have been nice to see rangers throughout the course to keep pace of play at bay. It took over 6 hours to get through the round of 18. Although my first few experiences at Hickory Valley prior to this were above average, this experience may deter me from ever coming back.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/09/2017:

Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear the pace of play wasn't up to par during the busy holiday. We hope this doesn't deter you from coming back for another round. Thanks for playing!

"Labor Day"

Francis9778378's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

I over heard the starter say they had over 300 greens fee and that was at noon. We got off on time but it was a good 5 + hours later that we finished. One of our foursome left at the 13th. The course was very wet (cart path only) making play even slower. The greens were very receptive but slow. Traps were much better then any of the golf now courses I've played. I had a good round playing with a father and son. I would recommend.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/08/2017:

Hi Francis9778378, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear the pace of play and course conditions weren't up to par when you played. We hope you consider giving us another shot soon. Thanks for choosing Hickory Valley!

"would like to play it again"

gandy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Played the Presidential course. 2nd group off in the AM, so the pace of play was great even though it was wet and cart path only. Not overly long from the white tees but some holes are extremely narrow and tree lined. If you miss the fairway on those holes, your ball is lost or you're punching out. Some blind shots and other target golf type shots too. I would have played them differently if I played again. The greens were in fantastic shape. Well maintained and no ball marks, bare spots, etc. Lots of mounds and undulations on the greens. And the pins were set up for Sunday at a U.S. Open for some reason; Tucked in corners, 6 feet from the fringe, on a mound, etc... Didn't play too well between the wetness, cart path only, tight/blind/tricky shots, crazy pins and my own bad swing today but I would still like to give it another shot sometime. It was challenging and I'd like to score better..... Also, I lost my GPS on the 4th hole and told one of the outside staff guys. He checked in with me twice during the round to let me know he hadn't found it and then called me later in the day to let me know someone turned it in. That's solid service.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/08/2017:

Hi gandy, thanks for taking the time to leave us such detailed review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round. Thanks for choosing Hickory Valley!

Matt6836132's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 09/09/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review, Matt! We're looking forward to your next round with us.