Presidential at Hickory Valley Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

"very nice course"

stephenryan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017

The course is in excellent condition from tee boxes to fairways to greens. Very green and well-maintained. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 06/21/2017:

Hi stephenryan, thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your review and are glad to hear you had a great day at Hickory Valley. We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

"Nice day of golf in a very good course"

hsudfeld's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

My wife and I along with another couple played in June 13th. The coursewasin great shape although the greens ran just a little bit slow. It was one of the hotter. Days of the year and they might have been keeping them high for a reason. The greens ran true however. All in all the course played very well. It would have been nice if the halfway house were open. It did not open until 2:30 the day we played and we passed by it before that time. Coming here again with four guys soon, and look forward to it.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 06/21/2017:

Hi hsudfeld, thanks for taking the time to leave us a detailed review - your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're glad to hear you had an enjoyable round at Hickory Valley and are looking forward to your next one with us. Thanks for playing!

"Tough but fair"

Jeff6395294's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

The fairways were in great condition, the greens slow but smooth. The course was path only due to excessive rain which accounted for the slow greens. The rough was lush and dense so finding fairways important. Nice layout , with many creeks crossing the fairways and by the greens

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 06/09/2017:

Hi Jeff6395294, thanks for the great review! We're looking forward to your next round with us!

"First time at Hickory Valley"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Course was in great condition. The ambassador course is mature with large trees lining most fairways. Greens are rolling and average speed. For the money I was quite pleased with the course. I would come back.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon at Hickory Valley.

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

This course is beautiful but as a beginner it wasn't the easiest 18 holes. There are many beautifully placed hazards, especially the little pond with all the frogs in it. It was like playing on the tour with all those little green fans.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round. Thanks for playing!

"Do not waste your money and time"

Darren4218652's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

Played this course for the first time in Saturday, May 28th as a twosome. We were put out behind a threesome who clearly had never played before. Despite there being several holes open ahead of them, they would not let us play through. When we finally found a ranger, he told us to just be patient and that we should have known it would be a 5 hour round before coming out. No offering to move us ahead of them, nothing.

In terms of the course, the best thing you can say is that it is well maintained. The greens are probably the slowest in the area and full of unfixed ball marks. Leave the driver and woods at home if playing here as every hole requires a layup off the tee.

Overall, do not be lured in by the price. I would not recommend this course to anyone, except maybe a person playing for their first time. I will not be returning.

Course Layout: Poor

"Great shape Interesting course"

Bob2713025's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

This was a course I I never expected to play and it was a real treat.

there was a tournament in the morning on one course so I played the Ambassador first and Presidential second both courses we're interesting and required course knowledge and shot placement I hope to play these again next time I'm in town

There were several crews working on planting flowers around the course and the place really looks good.

Response from Hickory Valley on 05/23/2017:

Thank you for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your rounds at Hickory Valley. We hope to see you again soon.

"nice course"

ssmith2041's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

good value for this course. Conditions were very good.

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 05/31/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 05/09/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to see you enjoyed the pace of play and your experience with our staff, but apologize that the course conditions and off-course amenities weren't completely up to par. We hope you give us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing!

"Great coruse w/Friendly staff"

Greg9653812's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

Beautifully kept course with a good mix of challenging holes. definately a place where you use all of the clubs in your bag. Recently aerated greens were somewhat of a downer but once they fill back in I expect they will match the quality of the fairways and tee boxes.

Response from Hickory Valley Country Club on 05/03/2017:

Thanks for leaving us a review! We apologize the greens weren't completely up to par. We hope you give us another shot in the future when the greens heal from aeration.

"Current Conditions Play IT Forward"

ARMGolf's avatar
New Jersey Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

I've reviewed this course before and I like it a lot. This is a review of current course conditions for April 9 2017. I played with my son and a friend on Masters Sunday. Unfortunately there was an hour frost delay which obviously the staff can't do anything about however it was a bit of a cluster at the first tee with an every group for themselves environment. Starter said he was running about three groups behind yet there were seven groups in line at the tee box. We had to figure out where we fit in. No involvement from the staff. Oh well met some nice guys figuring it out. Staff is usually very helpful so I'll chalk this up to one starter trying to deal with about 60 golfers trying to get out across the two course. OK done ranting

The course itself is in very good shape for April but needs some TLC. Turf is healthy across the board, tees fairways, rough and greens. They are in the process of bringing sand in for the bunkers but haven't finished applying the sand or groomed any bunkers. There was substantial rain during the week so it was cart paths only. The rain caused overflowing of the ponds and streams and there was a significant amount of debris in spots from the overflow especially throughout the 12th fairway. When we drove in it looked like the 18th green had damage across the front but this turned out to be debris as well. I inquired about what happened to the green when paying and was told what it was. The guy behind the counter was a bit stunned that it wasn't cleaned up. The greens appeared to not have been cut in at least a few days and I would estimate their speed at around 7 on the Stimp. There was only one set of tees out and they were all as far up as you could go. I'd estimate it played 5,200 yards at most. Every pin was set on the back of every green. A little frustrating and no mention on golf now or their website that I could find. It's April and the season has begun in eastern PA so I expected more. Maybe the maintenance crew hasn't all come back from the winter? The back tees were all in equal or better shape than the forward tees we played. I did hit most clubs in the bag because I was forced to tee off with various irons on tees.

I'm confidant Hickory Valley will get it together soon as they usually do an excellent job in preparing and caring for this throwback, tree lined, traditional northeast course. I'll give it a couple of weeks and call before booking another time just to make sure they are "officially open for the season". But I'll definitely be back

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 04/13/2017:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for our course. We appreciate the feedback about your experience and our course conditions. Our staff is constantly working to improve our course conditions as we approach the spring season. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Darryl5164499's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

Response from Hickory Valley Golf Club on 04/06/2017:

Thanks for playing! We're happy to hear you had a great experience at Hickory Valley. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

"Good value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2016

Friendly staff, good conditions best value

Response from Hickory Valley on 11/22/2016:

Thanks for the love! We hope to see you back soon!

"Hickory Valley never disappoints"

ericgrafton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is the first time I've played the Presidential ,and enjoyed it thoroughly. I've played the Ambassador many times, and it's always enjoyable. It's hard to believe the courses are across the street from each other, as it has the feeling of being in a different area all together. I drive over an hour, and fight Blue Route traffic to play here, and it's worth it. The pace of play Friday was slow, but the weather and scenery allowed for an enjoyably slow round. The ranger came out to make sure all was well..and that's all one could ask. As always, the staff at Hickory Valley is terrific. Only wish i lived closer to justify becoming a member.

Response from Hickory Valley on 11/15/2016:

Wow, awesome pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! We're so happy that you had a memorable experience at our course and we look forward to your return! Thanks again!!

"Nice features,challenging yet enjoyable and playable."

gracebooton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2016

Perfect yardage , challenging yet playable for my husband and I . Nice layout and the pace of play was good, no downtime. We can't wait to play here again.

Response from Hickory Valley on 11/22/2016:

Thanks so much! We're thrilled you had an excellent time. Please come back and see us again soon!

"Neat course"

Tim9836375's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2016

This is not a special course. It is a good public course. I joined up with three other golfers and we had a good time. There are many doglegs on the Ambassador course. Greens were well taken care of. Fairways were in very good shape. Not an overly difficult course but it is tight on some holes. Water comes into play on several holes. For $25 this was well worth it.

Response from Hickory Valley on 11/07/2016:

Thanks for your review. We're happy that you enjoyed our course conditions and found good value in playing with us. Please come back and play again soon!

"Tough pin placements"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2016

The course was great as always, but there were some really impossible pin placements

Response from Hickory Valley on 11/02/2016:

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear you had a great time and thanks for your feedback regarding our pin placements. We hope to see you back soon!

"Leave the driver in the bag"

Billy1905130's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2016

Great lil track. Not crazy long, but the dog legs and tighter fairways make it relatively tough if your game is off a little bit. Lots of doglegs and tight-ish fairways and it was very easy to run the ball through the fairway on several of the holes.… I was too lazy and didn't use my rangefinder enough on tee shots. I need to come back and focus on my tee shot placement and I think I will score MUCH better!!

Response from Hickory Valley on 10/25/2016:

We're happy that you had such a great round! Please come back and play again soon!

"Super SLOW!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2016

The young guy who answered the phone tried to say it was the frost delay. But this is the second time this year we played rounds over 5 1/2 hours. The Ranger must have been off both times I played. Nice layout but not worth the drive from DELCO. This must be the new trend in golf course management, don't offend slow golfers. Just tell the other patrons "we're trying to move them along"and then ignore the situation. Won't fool us again. Plenty of other courses nearby. The sad part is they really don't care.

Response from Hickory Valley on 10/25/2016:

We're very sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience due to delayed play. We try our best to maintain a quick pace of play and we will share your experience with our rangers. Thanks for your feedback and we hope that you will give us another shot.

"Sold golf great value"

BarrySelinsky's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes

Nice track, always in very good condition. The course is not particularly long, but there are many (!) trees that will disrupt wayward shots. The front nine is harder than the back. Best holes are #2 (narrow driving area, creek bisects the fairway, green guarded by large trees, and #6 (straight par 4, another creek bisects the fairway, small slopey green protected by stream and grass bunker. Trees on 10 makes the approach shot difficult - a chain saw is sorely needed here. A fun track at a very affordable price.

Response from Hickory Valley on 10/25/2016:

Thanks for your review! We're happy that you found great value in playing with us and that you enjoyed our course. Please come back and play again soon!