Sea Scape Golf Links

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is near local attractions convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals group getaways   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways elevation changes   Great for drinks

"Rough conditions"

bhengenius's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Sea Scape is a nice layout with some scenic and challenging holes. Unfortunately, I caught it when it was aerated - the fairways, the greens - so it was not in top shape. In another month, it will have recovered and I would probably rate it differently and would have enjoyed my round a bit more. I did move the ball around to be to get on decent grass.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 04/24/2017:

Thank you bhengenius for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and enjoyed the layout. We hope to see you back again soon when all the new changes settle in.

Ronnie2074483's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 04/17/2017:

Thank you Ronnie for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Maybe it's "pre-season""

mikeisgolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Fairways thin, greens just aerated. Pace of play great, nobody there. Not a bad layout, like many courses, needs money to bring it up to par.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 04/05/2017:

Thank you mikeisgolf for your review and feedback. It is great to hear you had a good time on the course and pace of play was right on par. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Narrow"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2017

You had better hit straight here as wide open does not apply. Always have a lot of fun here. Some long, some not, used all my clubs.

Response from Sea Scape Golf links on 03/23/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the year. Come back and see us again soon.

"The golf pro confrontational about me using a hot deal but the course was in nice shape for February."

nathananderson313's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

As soon as I told the golf pro I booked online he immediately reminded me that "none of the money goes to the course." Then he went on to ask me how much I paid? I responded with the amount and told him what a great website Golfnow is. His response was "it's great for you, not the course." I understand this sir but keep in mind Golfnow is not a free service like any other business, you have to pay for it's services. If you do not want them to take your tee-time money THEN DON'T HAVE YOUR COURSE LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE! Just keep in mind the only reason we went to your golf course was because of golfnow.

Other than situation above the experience was pleasant. I would imagine the course is windy all the time because of the location. The greens rolled true and were in good shape. The layout on the back 9 is beautiful and challenging at the same time. Great views throughout the course of the local houses, condos, and wildlife.

I would of left 5 stars if not for the uncomfortable experience I was given upon arrival. I would still recommend playing this course.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 03/02/2017:

Thank you hogputts for the review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and we apologize for your interaction at the course. Please know we appreciate your business very much and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the year as we would love to have you back again very soon!

"Pleasant Surprise!"

BillKnapp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

Pleasantly surprised by the interesting layout and fine condition of the course. The front and back nines are very different, with the last four holes on the back side requiring careful placement of your tee shot. Also, the changes in elevation on the back side pose interesting challenges. The greens were in great shape and tricky, in a good way. And the pro, Dan, is very pleasant and helpful.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 02/24/2017:

Thank you Bill Knapp for your review and 5-stars of Sea Scape Golf Links! We are thrilled you enjoyed the course and found the elevation changes to be challenge. Please come back and see us again for more great golf in Kitty Hawk, NC.

"Good experience"

Garyputt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016

Wasn't sure what to expect in December condition-wise. Fairways and tees were dormant, but the greens were in good shape and rolled true. I preferred the back nine layout over the front as it had more variance in design. Overall it played fair with good sight lines and very few blind shots. Bring your Rangefinder if you haven't played it before for a better experience. I would come back again if I'm ever in OBX.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 12/30/2016:

Thank you Garyputt for your 4-star review and feedback. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we are thrilled to hear you will be back. Please let us know if you ever need anything and we hope to see you back again soon for more golf in Kitty Hawk, NC.

"Friendly Staff"

Kiho8707431's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2016

Thunderstorm was predicted around my my tee time which was afternoon but the staff was kind enough to play in the morning. Even though we were hit by on and off rain anyway. The course layout was pretty good and we enjoyed.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 12/05/2016:

Thank you Kiho for your review and feedback of Sea Scape Golf Links. We are so happy you had a good time even though the rain caught up to you a bit. Please come back and see us again very soon.

"Fun play day"

maggidavis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2016

Loved the beachiness of the course!

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 11/17/2016:

Thank you maggidavis for your review and feedback. We are thrilled to hear you had a good time and you loved the beachiness of the course. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Great Course Better GN Rate"

carmelboy0011's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2016

Course has Wide fairways greens for the most part were pretty good . This is DEFINITELY a Driver course. They did just have a hurricane. Greens were rolling pretty good. This course for the Hot Deal price is a steal. This course had FREEZING COLD WATER on the course and was Amazing

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 10/21/2016:

Thank you carmelboy0011 for your review and feedback. We are thrilled to hear you had a good time and see the value in playing with us. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Adequate"

Shankz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016

Nothing really stood out or blew my mind about this course either positive or negative. We had a good experience with no issues. I would play it again for the hot deal rate some other time I vacation in the OBX.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you Shankz for your review and 4-stars. We are so happy you had a great time on the course and enjoyed your round. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and please come back and see us again very soon!

"Love this course"

SHarter496's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We vacation in the OBX every September and I return to this course once or twice in the two weeks we are there. I played as a single two times this year and pretty much had the course to myself. Was able to complete 18 holes both times in less than 3 1/2 hours. Course was in great shape - greens were like lightning. Staff in the clubhouse were wonderful. I will definitely be back next year when we go down.

Commented on 09/26/2016

Thank you SHarter496 for your 4-star review and feedback. We are so happy you had a great time on the course and enjoyed your round. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and please come back and see us again very soon on your next trip to the area!

"Good value for vacation trip"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2016

The course had a nice layout but the greens were pretty beat up. Maybe from the lack of rain in the east this summer. The man working in clubhouse was very friendly and took care of us as in we were in from out of town. Overall I good course and a good experience, I would recommend to play seascape

Commented on 09/02/2016

Thank you for your review and 4-stars. We are so happy you came out to play with us and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"great vacation golf"

Rich7124679's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played 18 on August 25.

Clubhouse attendant was very friendly and helpful. Gave our group a great rate and several tips on playing the course, as it was our first time. Friendly service in bar area also, and clubs were loaded onto our carts while we were in clubhouse.

Course was in pretty good shape. Large, soft greens and wide fairways on the front nine. A bit tighter on the back nine, as the course is lined with houses. Several deep bunkers, water hazards and longish par 3's made the round challenging, but not intimidating from the white tees.

Overall, had a good afternoon of golf on our vacation, and wouldn't hesitate to play this course again if I make it back to OBX.

Commented on 09/15/2016

We appreciate you playing our course during your vacation. We hope you pay us a visit next time you are in town!

"Nice location. Front 9 layout good. Back 9 choppy."

JWHenry101's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2016

Staff very friendly. Good location. Back 9 somewhat choppy.

Commented on 08/24/2016

Thank you JWHenry101 for the 4 star review and feedback. We are so happy you had a great time and or staff took care of you. Please let us know if you ever need anything and please come back and see us again very soon!

"Very easy to lose balls on thiis course."

playrounds's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course conditions were not great with many brown areas in the fairways, some greens had disease on them, and some tee boxes were thin.

easy to lose balls even after a decent shot.

Commented on 08/24/2016

Thank you playrounds for the review and feedback. We are currently working on improving course conditions and with your comments you are helping us to be the best we can be. Please come back and see us soon with all the great improvements.

"GREAT COURSE!"

Clippers25's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2016

People are great, course is great!!

Commented on 08/24/2016

Thank you Clippers25 for the 5-star review and feedback. We are so happy you had a great time on the course and hope you will come back and see us again soon.

"Locals Rule"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016

I love this course. However, if you're not a local don't expect anyone to give you the time of day. Especially in the pro shop where I was ignored for 5 minutes while the older gentleman behind the counter shot the bull with surprise surprise a local.

Commented on 08/24/2016

Thank you for the 4-star review. We apologize if you felt you were ignored as that is not our attention. We appreciate your patience for the 5 minutes and we hope you will continue to golf with us on your next trip to the area. Please let us know if you ever need anything as we will be happy to accommodate.

"Great Day"

farmerm01's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Played with my sons and it was a great day. I'll never leave the island again to play golf.

Response from Sea Scape Golf Links on 04/24/2017:

Thank you farmerm01 for your 5-star reviews and feedback of Sea Scape Golf Links. We are thrilled you had a great day and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great greens but overall poor shape"

Wesleyhamm's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2016

The greens are great but fairways are not good at all. For the price that is charged we really expected a quality golf course but unfortunately your paying for convenience if you play here. We will not be playing this course again on returning trips to the OBX

Commented on 06/28/2016

Wesleyhamm,

Thank youi for playing your last round with us. We are sorry to hear that we were not able to totally exceed your expectations and provide you with the most enjoyable golfing experience. We can assure you that we will use your feedback to improve upon our course conditions. We hope that you will give us another shot and come back again.

Sincerely,