Panther's Run at Ocean Ridge Plantation

• 351 Ocean Ridge Pkwy, Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina 28469, Brunswick County
  • (919) 287-1703, (800) 233-1801

"Very nice course"

USSI5674's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Nice layout. Fairways were in good shape., Some greens were thin, but most were good. Staff was friendly, and my wife and I enjoyed playing here. We will be back

"Great place to play!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2015

Panthers Run is a great course with plenty of challenges but also plenty of opportunities for birdies. Excellent condition!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Bait and Switch"

u485919879's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The starter told me the group I was to play with started early. I was 30 minutes early for my tee time. Starter said he could put me in with a group at some point later, or play by myself. I played alone between two foursomes. It was a nice layout but the condition of the greens was sub par.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Big Cats Growl and Bite"

eddiehil's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather

Weather in NC & SC Coastal Plains can be questionable in November, but the week prior to Thanksgiving this year (2014) was better than expected. Playing Panther's Run at ten in the morning began with us in sweaters (jumpers) until the seventh hole but soon after, shirt sleeves became all that was needed for the afternoon sunshine.
Upon arrival the staff, cart guys, starter and Pros in the shop were most helpful and made us feel as though we too were members.
The course was in fine shape although the fairways had been recently over seeded with winter rye we were allowed to ride the fairways after ten am. The greens are 'mini verde' and to say they were fast is an understatement. They were running about 14 on the Stimp meter the day we played.
Panthers Run is one of five courses in the Ocean Ridge Plantation group of "Big Cats". I suggest you take them all on whenever you visit the North Carolina/South Carolina coastal area, aka the Myrtle Beach Golf Destinations.
Remember, cats can bite!

Player Tip: Fast greens regardless of time of year. Stay well below the hole.

"Panther Ran Us Down"

eddiehil's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

I first played this course in its opening season, what a jewel it has become! due to the many years that have passed I cannot compare 'then and now', I can however, tell you of my joy at once again playing the Panther.

As with all the "Big Cats" in the Ocean Ridge Plantation, the course is as pristine as it can be in late November on the coast of North Carolina.

After a three hour drive from home we arrived about an hour ahead of our tee time. Jack in the Pro Shop was expecting us and offered us the option to tee off earlier than our scheduled time. The day was brisk yet by the seventh hole we were in shirt sleeves (long sleeves) and loving the greens. Fast? Do you like looking down at a Miniverdi and seeing your reflection? I have never three putted so many times (7 greens)in one round.
Playing the White Tee set the slope is 128 and plays to 70.8 rating, but is a beautiful layout through the lower woodlands of coastal plains.

The tees, fairways and greens were as fine as any course and better than a great many this time of year. The Bermuda fairways were, of course, dormant but had recently been over seeded and most likely are green with the rye by the time of this writing. The Greens Staff are spot on in their maintenance.
The clubhouse staff were accommodating in every way making us feel as though we were members.

On your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area take time to seek out and play the Big Cats at Ocean Ridge Plantation. I am sure you will be as enchanted as I, just be prepared to out run the Panther.

Player Tip: There are five sets of tees for good reason, choose wisely; the quantity of water on the course will assure you'll wish you did.