Stoneybrook Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: None

Average Rating 3.2 stars from 5

"Two Holes Ruin this Golf Course"

ShragMagtite's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

I'll start with the pros -- the greens were in excellent condition. Some of the smoothest bentgrass greens I've played, and that's saying something for a course in middle Tennessee, where the summers are tough on bentgrass.

Several reviewers complained about bare spots; except for three holes (#3, 5, 14), I found the fairways had a good stand of grass on them.

Now the cons -- the cart paths are rough. That's not a big deal to me, but confirms what other reviewers have stated.

The course could use some grooming around the edges. If an un-mown area is supposed to be a hazard, then mark it as such.

The biggest drawback was the quirky layout of holes #3 and #15, both double dog-leg par-5s. Both require forced carries off the tee, then another forced carry on the 2nd or 3rd shot. I stood on the blue tee box of #3 and had no idea where I should aim. At the big tree? Left of it? Right of it? I hit it left to the safe area, but had very little target left for a second shot. It is hard to describe here. Holes #3 and #15 are the poorly designed / borderline unfair type that you remember, and that is unfortunate because this course has a number of fun, challenging holes.

I'm sorry that I can't recommend this course.

"Pretty good for the money."

Matthew8647788's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

Yeah, it's not greystone. Pros and Cons. Negatives - Tee boxes and fairways a little beat up. Kind of way out of the way. Brutal, brutal cart paths. Not in excellent overall shape at all. Pros - Interesting, quirky layout. Solid, healthy greens (although the patrons appear to need lessons in ballmark repair). Good variety of difficult holes and easy holes. Slicers paradise, lots of doglegs right. Course was overall pretty "fun". Here's the thing, played very early, very fast, and very cheap - and I'd be really excited to do so again. At a higher price, might not be worth the drive. But I'll def play again at this value.

Matthew,

Thank you for your fair and honest assessment of Stoneybrook. Our cart paths on some hole are brutal!! We try to do as much as we can with a very limited budget...no excuse, just the honest fact. I hope you were treated well and that you'll consider us again in the future.

Best regards,

"Fun course to play"

dbmx06's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Fairways and tee boxes are lacking. Greens were pretty good considering they had airified recently. It's fun and affordable. Worth the trip and will play again.

Dear Patron,

Thanks for travelling from Dickson to play at Stoneybrook. I trust you were treated well and that you'll consider returning in the near future.

Best golfing regards,

"Good deal, had fun."

u000008092009's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

It was a good day at the course. Great price via the online booking and the weather was perfect. Course in pretty good condition although there are real cement cart paths needed in many areas. Also, tee time was at 7:20. I get there at 6:50 to putt around, warm up, and get some coffee but I was the ONLY ONE THERE until after 7:00 when the guy showed up. We didn't tee off until 7:30 because the pro shop didn't even open until after 7:00. I would suggest not advertising/opening up tee times unless someone will be there to accommodate.

Dear golfing patron,

Thank you for you feedback! I value greatly the input regarding your time of arrival and not being serviced. Regarding our cart paths, I hope we can make some progress on this in the coming year. My budget prevents me in making much headway with this issue. That being said, I hope you return in the future and thanks for playing Stoneybrook.

Charles7684347's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

Commented on 05/09/2017

Thank you from Stoneybrook!!

"February golf"

lwoodward's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

Course in good shape for this time of year! Interesting lay out with some blind shots. With small quick greens, nice challenge.

Dear Patron,

Thanks for your kind review! We hope to see you soon at Stoneybrook!!

Best golfing regards,

"Redneck Golf Club"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2017

Rarely have I played a course and vowed never to return. Stoneybrook has catapulted itself on this very short list. Upon arrival the course looks like most others in the middle TN area. Not fancy but playable. We arrived early and the Pro Shop was very helpful and alerted us of a very large group was going to tee off soon and since we were a twosome he recommended we head straight to the first tee. We took his advice and headed to this first tee. When we reached the green of #1 we starting hearing Fleetwood Mac. When we finished the hole we could tell the group at the #2 tee box was blasting their music like they were at a outdoor party. We noticed other carts in the area also playing music as well as yelling and screaming with each made or missed shot. We were surprised the only gun fire we heard was from hunters in the distance and not from golfers making a good shot. When we alerted the Pro Shop of the activities he was quick to say "Oh, I know them I'll call them." The next time our group was close we could hear them saying "is he going to take out his phone again." Besides the ridiculous clowns that were playing the course itself was in decent shape. The greens looked fast but were far from it. Some greens needed serious repair (dead patches, etc.). Course layout was odd at times (EX: Teeing off over a road). The old saying a bad day of golf beats a good day of work was tested on this occasion. I think I will leave Stoneybrook to the Hillbillies. Local management doesn't seem to mind their antics and their are plenty more courses to play respectable golf.

"Good times in Columbia (TN)"

ssedman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Good greens, a few blind shots, and the unique layout of several holes make this an interesting course to play. I've been back several times.

Ssedman,

Thank you for your review and nice comment...and thanks for coming back!!

"Fun Golf"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016

I had a good time, if I would've had to play the course for the first time by myself I would've been in a lot of trouble. There are some tricky par fives that I would suggest that you walk before you play just to get a feel for how the course is laid out.

Dear Nashville golfer,

Thanks for taking the time to drive down to Columbia and playing Stoneybrook. We're please you see our little course as fun. We look forward to seeing you on yur return visit!!

"Great Course Especially for the Price"

catdad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2016

The title pretty much says it all, except Great people run the course.

Catdad,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you were treated well on your visit!!

"Review"

jgbrancewicz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2016

Good day of golf...nice and affordable course that I recommend everyone to play.

Commented on 10/20/2016

So glad you visited us and you had a good day of golf. Please pay us a visit the next time you are in town!!

"Close to home."

jwdunbar7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I live in Columbia and enjoy going to this course. Staff is friendly and you can get on course whenever you show up unless there is a tournament. Not very long overall but a good test for mid level golfers. Greens are slow but roll fairly true.

Jeff,

Thanks for reviewing us and playing Stoneybrook!!

"Good Value"

janshedrick's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I have played this course often and for years. It is in as good a shape as I have seen in years. Although the greens are a little slow, and some crab grass is creeping in on some greens, they roll fairly true. Course gets a lot of traffic, and many ball marks are not repaired on the greens. May be giving out free cheap repair tools would help. Overall, the course is a good value for the area and Rick and his staff are doing a great job to keep the course in good shape.

Jans,

Thank you for you kindness and patronage of Stoneybrook!!

"Playing the Stoney"

Rcobra's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016

Had a great round. Course layout was a little confusing on s couple of holes.The staff could more helpful on a couple of the hole layouts. If you play 18, 10 is directly across the road from the clubhouse. You have to cross the road at an angle after teeing off on 15. Greens & Fairways were in nice shape, avoid the rough it is really thick, had to club up the couple times I got into it.

Commented on 09/12/2016

Dear Rcobra,

Thanks for your feedback. your input about the staff is very helpful. I need to train our "non golfing" employees how to better understand our layoff. Thanks again.

"Worth the trip"

Dclairmo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2016

First of all let's talk about the staff. We met three people on the day we played in the clubhouse, 2 folks at the counter and the general manager Rick. All 3 of these folks were awesome. We arrived at 9:00 for our 9:40 tee time. The first gentleman at the counter was kind enough to tell us that he had a few " bigger" groups about to go off and he offered our twosome a chance to go ahead, I thought that was very nice of him to do that since he did not have to tell us that and most courses would probably not. Being a "seasoned" 40 plus year golfer I have learned the most important thing a golf course can offer players is character and holes that keep you wondering what the next hole will look like. Stoneybrook does that with it's more than interesting layout. It has a nice variety of lengths in all the par 3's , 4's and 5's that allows the Goller to figure out for themselves the risk and reward options in front of them. I enjoyed my round here very much and will be back for sure. Keep up the good work !!

Commented on 09/12/2016

Dear Dclairmo,

Wow!! Thanks so much for your review and your kind comments. We hope to see you again. We'll continue to strive to make Stoneybrook a good experience for everyone.

"Nice hot deal"

weshipman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016

Nice little course with good layout. Enjoyed the round a couple of the greens were rough but over all the greens were slow and forgiving. Fairways were well defined with a couple of areas under repair. Overall a good value and I would recommend.

Commented on 08/03/2016

Dear Mr. Shipman,

Thank you for your kind comments. We value you choosing Stoneybrook and taking the time to visit us. We look forward to your return. Please let me know if we can do anything for you in the future.

Regards,

Stoneybrook GM

"Stoneybrook"

cashew01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2016

I played this Sunday and I had a great time. Played quickly and didn't really ever have to wait. Greens very good condition, a little on the slow side but we're consistent. Fairways a few bare spots but not a problem. I would play again. Paired up with a three some and had a great time.

Commented on 07/19/2016

Sir,

Thank you for visiting us at Stoneybrook. We are please you had a good experience at we look forward to your return here soon. I will relay your feedback to our staff.

Best regards,

"Cool course"

Vince227's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016

Course was in good shape. Great value. I'd like for the greens to be faster and tee boxes to be mowed lower. I'll be playing this course again soon.

Commented on 07/06/2016

Vince,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently mowing the greens a bit higher to protect our bent grass from "burning" do to the extreme hot weather. We have had very little rain at the course lately and we're having to spend extra hours irrigating to keep them healthy. Thanks for playing Stoneybrook. Hope to see you soon!

RIck

"No bunkers"

dkerlikowske's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Although the creek comes into play several times during the course as well as ponds, there are no sand filled bunkers. It was a nice morning to play golf. Very green and pretty. They are working on the golf cart paths so watch the potholes. Greens kept nicely cut. A couple of the tees were overgrown, but fairways were cut just fine. I would play again.

Commented on 07/06/2016

Hello,

Thank you for the kind comments. I believe you may have played two days after we re opened the 6th and 8th fairways after sodding them. thank you for your patronage.