Sterling Hills Golf Club

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire is required. Blue jeans, cutoff pants, athletic shorts, swim suits and jogging clothes are not considered proper attire
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tournament 71 6813 yards 72.9 133
Championship 71 6395 yards 70.9 126
Regular 71 5906 yards 69.0 121
Forward (W) 72 5482 yards 72.7 125

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

I've played Sterling many times and the course has never been in better shape

The greens are true and the fastest I've ever experienced

My son and I played Father's Day at 6:30 and finished in

3hr and 20 minutes .

It was a great time at a great course

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/22/2017:

We're happy to hear you spent a great Father's Day with us at Sterling Hills. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Great conditions, brutal POP"

imgreen's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017

Had a great $23 Golfnow tee time deal at 3:06 as a single. Checked in around 2:30 and starter said tee off whenever you are ready, which is always nice to hear at twilight. Long story short, because this would otherwise be a very very long story, conditions were excellent, weather was perfect, views were gorgeous, POP was unbearable. Teed off at 2;50 pm, finished at 8:10 pm. Need I continue? Imagine if every red light in your town was 10 minutes long and you will begin to get a feel for what it was like out there this afternoon. This course seems to be good about apologizing for negative reviews but guys, you have no starter at the tee box, no marshals that I saw, no POP guidelines for golfers to follow, and a ton of POP complaints. In lieu of apology, please come up with some kind of plan to improve POP.

"Sterling Hills - June 2017"

ThomasHH's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Nice course, decent pace of play and some challenging holes. Priced at a very good value!!!

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/13/2017:

We're happy to hear you found a good value with us! Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation of the course. See you soon!

"No marshal! Pace of play was terrible!!!"

bseitz1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

I play at this course often and usually always have fun. I played last Sunday and it was miserable! We waited 10 minutes between every shot because how backed up the course was. We found out later that there wasn't a marshal on the day we played. I talked this course up with my friends from out of town and decided to take them to see for themselves. To say the least I was embarrassed! It took nearly 3 and a half hours to finish 9 holes! We called it quits after because everyone was frustrated. Dissapointed I waisted my time and money here on Sunday.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/11/2017:

We're sorry to hear about your experience with pace of play. Our staff understands this is frustrating as a golfer to wait for every shot. This is not our standard at Sterling Hills. Your feedback will help us improve moving forward. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Nice Course, Great Greens"

Ronstam's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

It has been a couple years since I played here on Sunday with three friends. Busy, but not too busy. Pace of play was pretty good (4:20). The greens were fantastic. The rest of the course was in fairly good, but not immaculate condition. Enjoyed the round quite a bit. Tough but fair course. Will be back.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/11/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! We're excited to hear you'll be back to play with us again.

"Slow pace of play"

Mtosca's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

I play here often and at times the pace of play is very slow. This time there was a 5some ahead of us 2 holes and it took over 4.5 hrs for our 4some to finish. Called pro shop and nothing was ever done. No rangers on course. This has happened before. This is a great course and friendly staff but need to work on pace of play

Response from Sterling Hills Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hi, Michael. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Friendly Clubhouse Staff"

papafit's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course, especially the rough and transition areas still indicate this area is in a drought. The fairways are provide good lies although the grass is a bit tall perhaps because it was a long weekend? The greens roll well but, are undulating so, not simple to read. The holes are laid out with variety, no duplicate out and back! Although the fairways are lined with homes they are set well back, they do not come into play. I want a rematch, especially with the greens.

Response from Sterling Hills Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hi, Randy. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. We are glad to hear you found the course to be an enjoyable challenge. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Chayut5532123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hi, Chayut. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. We are glad to hear you found our staff to be friendly during your round. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

"Amazing Layout , Professional course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

We were a party of 4 , Layout was amazing , and grass conditions was really good. Mostly long distance par 5 and few par 4 . Overall an amazing experience and will play again.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear your party of 4 enjoyed the course and had an amazing experience.

Doublestransport's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear you played with awesome greens and friendly customer service. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review!

"Sterling Hills"

nickesquire's avatar
California Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played the Blues (6395/71.1/127) in 4H, 35M Saturday morning. Played with lamitchw, Sean and Joe in clear, breezy conditions with temps in the 70's. Fun group to play with! The tees had good coverage and only the par 3's needed divot attention. However, numerous tees could use leveling. I had to move 3-4 times from my desired tee spot because I would have been standing in a low spot on the tee ground otherwise. The fairways had good coverage and were decent, semi lush. The rough has many bare hardpan areas, with a combination of thin coverage with some lush to very lush areas mixed in. Only part of the course I rated below average. The greens here are undulating and firm, but they still held full shots well. They were quick today and rolling very nice. We definitely played tournament pins, as numerous holes were right beside or on top of crests/plateaus that would quickly turn a 2-3' putt into a 15' come backer if you were barely long. The traps were in very good condition, nicely maintained with dark brown sand. The customer service was excellent. I prepaid for the 4some ahead of time and after mistakenly charging 2 of our group, they quickly and efficiently refunded the excess charges at the turn. Nice starter and the Marshall was out riding around trying to speed up POP. Drink cart out making numerous rounds. Had fish tacos in the restaurant after the round, very good and decently priced. Good layout overall with many fun/interesting golf holes up/down rolling hills. Par 71 with only 1 par 5 in the first 15 holes. Decent course in decent condition. Recommended.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/09/2017:

Hi nickesquire,

Thank you for the detailed review and recommendation! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time on the course with good conditions and consistent pace of play. See you soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

We had a great time, dues to mothers day the place was almost empty.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed Mother's Day on the golf course with us. See you soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/09/2017:

Hi u695591241,

Thank you for the 5 star review!

clayguthrie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/09/2017:

Hi clayguthrie,

"Love this course..."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

I love this course. The conditions were Great. Pace was good. The starter was very accomadating.

My favorite course..

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi u029589870,

Always good to hear our staff was accommodating during your round. Thank you for taking time to review the course and tell us about consistent pace of play and excellent course conditions!

"Excellent value and greens"

Charlie8948149's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Greens are spectacular and course is a lot of fun.

Great value for the money.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi Charlie8948149,

Thank you for the 5 star review! The greens are definitely in spectacular condition and we like to hear about great value from our golfers. See you soon!

"Sterling Hills"

nickesquire's avatar
California Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

I was matched up with Jon & James on the first twilight tee time, extremely enjoyable guys to play with. We played the Blues (6395/71.1/127) in clear, fairly calm conditions with temps in the 80's. The POP was a leisurely 4H, 30M, we rarely waited or held up the group behind.

The course was fairly busy today. SH is an okay layout set over rolling hills with numerous fun and interesting holes.

The tees were lush, mostly level and only the par 3's needed divot attention.

The fairways were fairly lush. The many areas they have previously resodded are filling in and becoming more and more playable with each visit.

The primary rough is about 50/50 lush/thin. The outer edges are mostly hardpan, you can really tell where they concentrate their watering.

The large greens are almost completely recovered from their spring aeration. They are still firm, but they held full shots well and putted fairly smooth and medium fast. I find the greens here usually have hardly a straight putt with lots of subtle break, and a few greens have hills or crests that produce severe breaks.

The traps were decently maintained.

An okay layout set over rolling hills with numerous fun and interesting holes. The customer service was excellent from both the Pro Shop & the Starter. Drink cart gal was very pleasant and around numerous times. No GPS on the carts, average driving range. Recommended as a slightly above average course in slightly above average condition.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi nickesquire,

We really enjoy reading your reviews! Thank you for choosing to play with us again. Good to hear your pace of play improved from last time. It sounds like you continue to enjoy the layout. You're right, we recently re sodded the fairways and like the progress we've seen so far. Our irrigation system is very specific and we work on the most important areas to ensure quality playing conditions. The greens can be tricky, but it sounds like you were up for the challenge on your putts as always! We love to hear about friendly customer service you received. It looks like you were able to officially recommend the course this time around. Excellent! We look forward to your next round.

res1fhlz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

It was good. I will play again soon. I recommend to e

verybody.

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi res1fhlz,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We look forward to your next round.

Joseph2150923's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Response from Sterling Hills Management on 04/25/2017:

Hi Joseph2150923,