Hawk's Creek Golf Club

• 6520 White Settlement Rd, Fort Worth, Texas 76114, Tarrant County
  • www.hawkscreek.com

Year built: 1923
Architect(s): John Colligan (2002)
Type: Public

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.1 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Usually a good trac"

dan123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Do to lack of rain and all courses punching their greens, it's not in good shape right now, but I'm sure it will be back soon.Not one of my favorites but still a good course.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

"Great. course"

dta1234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

I love this course. It's open but has plenty of challenges. Outs a very beautiful course.

Theare aerating right now so a little more difficult to put.

"Course is in Great Condition"

KEWileySr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

Best conditions I've ever seen at this course. Thoroughly enjoyed my round. A treat to play in the Fort Worth area.

"Fun course but 5 hours is a beating"

sprucemoose21's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

There was an 8-some playing together. Yeah that's right. All 8 were playing together and holding up the course. A hawks creek employee drove by then and didn't say a word. Other than the 5 hour round it is a fun course to play. Good fairways and greens. Good range.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Sprucemoose21,

I would like to start by thanking you for recommending Hawks Creek Golf Club to other golfers. We do apologize for the inconvenience yesterday's slow pace caused you. A golf tournament that morning was behind pace and my marshalls were on them all day doing our best to move them along. Sometimes when a couple groups get stuck on a tee box it appears as an eightsome, however we did not see any eightsomes on the golf course and certainly do not tolerate it. I always encourage all of our golfers to call the Pro Shop at 817-738-8402.

Hawks Creek Management

"This course was a lot of fun to play!"

DSheid's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The course was in great shape. The greens were fast. I love the variety of the different holes. The cart girls came around on a regular basis. We played in 3 .5 hrs for 3 of us!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

"Lovely experience"

Elleqtm's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

The club house is quaint & clean with a large outdoor patio where the my host parties/weddings. Staff is very friendly, as a regular they know me by name, and are quite accommodating. The course is well taken care of with a small creek winding throughout. The creek makes a few holes a challenge but it is a relatively easy course. I have seen a lot of wildlife on the course e.g. Squirrels turtles turkeys dozens of birds & many butterflies & dragonflies. I saw one water moccasin it was rather small. Overall very lovely & relaxing course for leisurely play.

cblake7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Pretty nice course! Couple tricky holes for ball placement but overall great course. Need to work on the bunkers a little and some of the greens. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun but fair course.

"A good old style course"

Pogo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Greens and fairways better than many courses in the area. Especially the greens. Sand traps need rework and replacement sand. The sand traps need more sand to enhance bounce and the existing sand is angular grain, closer to a dirt consistency. I think replacing the angular sand with a round grain sand would return this iconic old style course to its original new state.

"Very fun shot making course"

cvanatta3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2017

I played this course twice within two days while in Fort Worth on business. It was a very fun course, challenging from the longer tees and less so from the whites. I played whites and blues both rounds.

This course allows players to choose risk/reward shots and provides a lot of fun whilst doing so. The par 3s are pretty straightforward but still give players large greens so picking your number is very important to get close to the pin. If you miss them they challenge the short game decently.

From the fairways players can pretty much reach every green and go at the flag. I can't remember the hole on the back nine that has a very elevated tee box to a seemingly tight fairway, then over the creek to an elevated and bunkered green. That is the only green I recall not being able to really pin seek, I just kind of hit it and prayed. Going over the back of that green is bad news so it provides a very tough second shot.

Overall the course caters to low and high handicaps alike and is very scenic, especially coming back to the clubhouse on 9 and 18.

The aircraft noise doesn't bother me, but there is definitely a lot of traffic and noise coming from the adjacent runways on base. Unique and gives players something else to enjoy while looping.

I teed off about 07:15 both rounds and finished in 2:10 by myself and 2:35 with a playing partner. That early there isn't any real golfer traffic on the course and I pretty much had my run of the place.

Conditions were very solid - there was never a moment where I was worried about how my ball would come off the ground due to the grass. Seems that the course is well kept up judging by that and the fact that during both rounds I saw no less than 15 different groundskeeping crew members working throughout my round. Well-tended to.

I will definitely be back and I so enjoyed this course I'll be recommending it to anyone in the area.

"Golfboards"

Shane7360808's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

Love the Golfbord.

Surfing the course is awesome!!

Every golf course should get them.

judojim1516's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

We spent the winter months in the Fort Worth area and played the course more than 60 times during Jan, Feb and Mar. Very challenging layout. Course is in great condition. Every hole is different and presents its own set of challenges. The creek comes into play on most holes. Pro shop staff was outstanding. Thank you Greg, Tony, Kyle and Manny. Great food and service in the snack shop also. We will definitely be back next year.

Commented on 04/06/2017

Mr. and Mrs. Schwiner,

Thank you so much for spending your winter with us at Hawks Creek. Your kind words mean a lot and we can't wait to see you again next year!

Best wishes,

"#17 has to go"

gkawakawa's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

who designed this hole. no challenge to this par3. there's more space to change the hole.

boring hole. ruined the whole course.

course is well marked with 100, 150 and 200 yard markers. should have little flags since no GPS on carts. that's the only way to know how far everything is when playing for the first time. I have to guess where everything is.

Commented on 03/08/2017

gkawakawa,

Thank you for your good rating and recommending our golf course to others. Hole #17 has been a staple at Hawks Creek supplying the best opportunity to score a hole in one, but if you miss left or right its one of the hardest up and downs on the golf course. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are talking about hole locations when referring to "little flags and gps." All of our scorecards have a pin sheet and the daily hole locations are displayed on hole #1 as you tee off. We sincerely hope you play Hawks Creek again and can't wait for our opportunity to meet your expectations.

Hawks Creek Management

"Much better than expected"

moorepete's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

Great greens. Fun layout. Bunkers could use some sand and some of the tee boxes were banged up.

Will definetely be back! Pro shop attendant was helipful and nice.

Commented on 03/08/2017

moorepete,

Thank you for playing Hawks Creek and recommending us to others! We really take pride in our greens outward approach as they are clearly the most important part of the golf course. Stay tuned for bunker news and we can't wait for you to come back and see us again.

"Had a great time"

randymo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

Thank you Hawks creek for a wonderful time I booked a round by myself because all my friends were working but I got hooked up with a dad and son which quickly became my friends the course was in great shape greens were fast. Keep up the good work Hawks Creek I will be back soon

KraigE's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017

"Don't waste your time"

daveinfw's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

Course was in good condition but pace of play was so slow it took us 5.5 hours to play. My group normally plays in about 3.5 hours at other courses. But this course was super crowded and with 8-10 holes cart path only it made it impossible to enjoy the day. Why so many hole cart path only was a mystery to us. The course was very dry with no wet spots. Poor course management. Play this course at your own risk just be prepared to spend over 5 hours and walk a few miles!!!!

Commented on 02/24/2017

Me. Daveinfw,

I would like to start by saying thank you so much for playing and writing a review. A couple of things I'm concerned with are your pace of play and cart path only holes. We have six cart path only holes consisting of #1, our four par threes, and half of #14. We try to keep them cart path only to help with course compaction and playing conditions. In regards to the crowd we experienced 156 rounds in 10 hours with 86 degrees of weather. None of which are typical to the area or Day of week. We were not equipped for the traffic we experienced and will do our best to mange it better. I would also like to apologize for our pace of play. I have three course marshalls and timers whom through the day indicated pace was 4hour:30minutes on average. This is 10 minutes slow and we will continue to work harder at improoving our course management efforts. As always I try to encourage anyone experiencing issues while playing to call our Pro Shop as soon as possible. We truely hope you visit Hawks Creek again soon.

Best wishes,