Hawk's Creek Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"A good course"

cdugan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Love the layout & the pace of play was good for an 8 am Saturday tee off. However, the greens seem to have a disease. They placed the pins away from the affected areas which made it less stressful. I have played Hawk's Creek before and the greens were immaculate. I am sure they will get the greens back.

Overall good round of golf.

"Tee Box and Greens in Rough Shape"

CameronBeck's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

The front 9 consisted of greens and tee boxes that had seen better days. The greens especially were so beat up that my ball would bounce multiple times on putts. It was almost as if they water them once a month. Also the sand traps had rocks all throughout them which made it tough to hit out of them without clearing out rocks.

The back 9 had much better greens and tee boxes.

CameronBeck,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the course was not up to your expectations. We take our customers feedback very seriously. In fact, beginning tomorrow some of the front 9 tees you mentioned are being tore up for new sod to be laid. Additionally we have a bunker renovation planned for October with a liner specific to keeping the contaminants such as rocks out of the bunkers. In the mean time we do have a local rule allowing the removal of loose impediments from the bunkers before you hit. I hope you give us another chance soon,

"Great Course"

watert2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Do yourself and friends a favor and play this course.

First nine holes are geared towards shot makers and the back nine is more wide open and you can take more chances .

Greens are a little rough and that's the only downside right now. The last three holes are some of the best finishing holes in the area.

watert2,

Thank you for you review and input. We take customer reviews very seriously and continue to improve our golf course. The few front 9 greens that are still returning to greatness should be perfect within the next couple weeks. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

"Disappointed"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Played today and greens were horrible and bunkers unplayable yet they charged full rates. Have played the course before and it was in far better condition. Call before you go to check on the condition of the greens.

u483811715,

I'm sorry our golf course was not in the condition you or I expect. With four inches of rain the prior four days our bunkers were not playable. That is why we will be doing a Bunker Renovation to improve quality and drainage starting in October! I sincerely hope you try us again soon,

"good day of golf"

rmchamp1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I had a great day of golf and the course is in good shape with a few exceptions some greens need attention

"Greens"

Ronnie3774713's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Greens are in bad shape. Not what you would be used too at Hawks Creek. Some of the tee boxes are also in bad shape.

Commented on 05/31/2017

Ronnie3774713,

I'm sorry that our golf course conditions didn't meet the expectations your are used to from us. It is always in our best interest to provide the best possible conditions to every golfer. I do want to mention we recognized conditions were not to our standards this week and that is why we provided everyone a discount to our Twilight Rates. Our first tee box is a giant eye sore, that is for sure. In fact it is due for renovation with the bunkers in October. As for the greens, they are about 85% healed and we anticipate a full recovery complete next week. Best wishes and happy golfing,

bornheimc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

The traps were all dirt and rocks, the greens were bumpy and hard, there was very little grass in the fairways and the tee boxes were firm and dome shaped. I played here 4-5 years ago and I'm not sure why I came back. I'll not make that mistake again. There are too many good courses to play for less money.

Commented on 05/30/2017

bornheimc,

I'm sorry that our golf course conditions did not meet your expectations. It is always in our best interest to provide the best possible conditions to every golfer. I do want to mention we recognized conditions were not to our standards this weekend and that is why we provided everyone a discount to our Twilight Rates. Going forward we do plan to renovate the bunkers. This will start in October and we will remain open throughout the renovation process. As for the greens, they are about 80% healed and we anticipate a full recovery complete next week. Best wishes and happy golfing,

"Greens bad"

mb1234543's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

The greens r still in bad shape. They had been punched and sand put on them sometime ago, but still not good.

Commented on 05/28/2017

mb1234543,

Thank you for playing Hawks Creek Golf Club this week. There is currently a plan in place to restore the greens as soon as possible. Restoring them from an aerification(3 weeks ago) and a chemical burn(2.5 weeks ago) on greens #1-#9, #17-#18, and the Practice Greens. Those greens are not recuperating as fast as expected and the course is not in the shape that we expect here at Hawks Creek Golf Club. We will be offering Twilight Rates due to the inconvenience and we do anticipate a full recovery.

"Usually a good trac"

dan123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

Do to lack of rain and all courses punching their greens, it's not in good shape right now, but I'm sure it will be back soon.Not one of my favorites but still a good course.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

"Great. course"

dta1234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

I love this course. It's open but has plenty of challenges. Outs a very beautiful course.

Theare aerating right now so a little more difficult to put.

"Course is in Great Condition"

KEWileySr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

Best conditions I've ever seen at this course. Thoroughly enjoyed my round. A treat to play in the Fort Worth area.

Commented on 05/31/2017

KEWileySr,

Thank you for playing Hawks Creek. We really appreciate your great comments on our course conditions. Come back and see us soon,

Hawks Creek Management

"Fun course but 5 hours is a beating"

sprucemoose21's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

There was an 8-some playing together. Yeah that's right. All 8 were playing together and holding up the course. A hawks creek employee drove by then and didn't say a word. Other than the 5 hour round it is a fun course to play. Good fairways and greens. Good range.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Sprucemoose21,

I would like to start by thanking you for recommending Hawks Creek Golf Club to other golfers. We do apologize for the inconvenience yesterday's slow pace caused you. A golf tournament that morning was behind pace and my marshalls were on them all day doing our best to move them along. Sometimes when a couple groups get stuck on a tee box it appears as an eightsome, however we did not see any eightsomes on the golf course and certainly do not tolerate it. I always encourage all of our golfers to call the Pro Shop at 817-738-8402.

Hawks Creek Management

"This course was a lot of fun to play!"

DSheid's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The course was in great shape. The greens were fast. I love the variety of the different holes. The cart girls came around on a regular basis. We played in 3 .5 hrs for 3 of us!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

"Lovely experience"

Elleqtm's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

The club house is quaint & clean with a large outdoor patio where the my host parties/weddings. Staff is very friendly, as a regular they know me by name, and are quite accommodating. The course is well taken care of with a small creek winding throughout. The creek makes a few holes a challenge but it is a relatively easy course. I have seen a lot of wildlife on the course e.g. Squirrels turtles turkeys dozens of birds & many butterflies & dragonflies. I saw one water moccasin it was rather small. Overall very lovely & relaxing course for leisurely play.

cblake7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Pretty nice course! Couple tricky holes for ball placement but overall great course. Need to work on the bunkers a little and some of the greens. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun but fair course.

"A good old style course"

Pogo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Greens and fairways better than many courses in the area. Especially the greens. Sand traps need rework and replacement sand. The sand traps need more sand to enhance bounce and the existing sand is angular grain, closer to a dirt consistency. I think replacing the angular sand with a round grain sand would return this iconic old style course to its original new state.

"Very fun shot making course"

cvanatta3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2017

I played this course twice within two days while in Fort Worth on business. It was a very fun course, challenging from the longer tees and less so from the whites. I played whites and blues both rounds.

This course allows players to choose risk/reward shots and provides a lot of fun whilst doing so. The par 3s are pretty straightforward but still give players large greens so picking your number is very important to get close to the pin. If you miss them they challenge the short game decently.

From the fairways players can pretty much reach every green and go at the flag. I can't remember the hole on the back nine that has a very elevated tee box to a seemingly tight fairway, then over the creek to an elevated and bunkered green. That is the only green I recall not being able to really pin seek, I just kind of hit it and prayed. Going over the back of that green is bad news so it provides a very tough second shot.

Overall the course caters to low and high handicaps alike and is very scenic, especially coming back to the clubhouse on 9 and 18.

The aircraft noise doesn't bother me, but there is definitely a lot of traffic and noise coming from the adjacent runways on base. Unique and gives players something else to enjoy while looping.

I teed off about 07:15 both rounds and finished in 2:10 by myself and 2:35 with a playing partner. That early there isn't any real golfer traffic on the course and I pretty much had my run of the place.

Conditions were very solid - there was never a moment where I was worried about how my ball would come off the ground due to the grass. Seems that the course is well kept up judging by that and the fact that during both rounds I saw no less than 15 different groundskeeping crew members working throughout my round. Well-tended to.

I will definitely be back and I so enjoyed this course I'll be recommending it to anyone in the area.

"Golfboards"

Shane7360808's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

Love the Golfbord.

Surfing the course is awesome!!

Every golf course should get them.