Lake/Road at Hollows Golf Club, The

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers elevation changes   Great for drinks patio dining

"Worth the price"

05131966's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/07/2017

Nice course. Some challenging holes on lake course. Tee boxes were very good. Greens had some crabgrass around edges but were okay. Play off blue tees for some challenge white a little too short. Staff was super friendly

Response from The Hollows Golf Club on 09/14/2017:

Hello Bruce, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Hollows Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding the conditions of the greens and we hope you will see an improvement for your next round with us. We appreciate you recommending our golf course, in the Richmond area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Staff in the pro shop was very rude!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Having played here before I was not anticipating any problems. However the guy in the pro shop collecting the fees was extremely rude and talked to us as though we had never played golf before and gave several stern warnings about particular rules of the course. He held us up for at least 15 minutes!

Don't want to go back!

Response from The Hollows Golf Club on 09/08/2017:

Hello Pamela, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Hollows Golf Club, in the Richmond area. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience at our course and your feedback is appreciated. We hope that you enjoyed your round and we are glad to see that the pace of play was smooth. Thank you for playing our golf course and we hope to earn your business again soon.

ruaridhmcnicol's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

The course is in great condition for August in Central VA, the greens were soft and very consistent. Excellent value for money course with very fast pace of play for a Sunday.

"Ho hum"

eman1148's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

OK course ,just not very interesting, conditions were OK ,greens were slow , road nine was OK just kind of back-and-forth ,don't think I'll be back anytime soon

Response from The Hollows Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Hello Derek, thank you for giving our course, The Hollows Golf Club, in the Richmond area, a three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you did not find our course enjoyable. We are always looking to improve our course conditions and to make it an enjoyable round. But, we are glad to see that you had a smooth pace of play and found it to be great value for your money. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Crowded"

Speedblade54's avatar
Virginia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

Surprised us , not usually bad pace but Thursday afternoon had tee time after 1 and were backed up three deep . Moved ok once got going , but usually waiting minute or so each tee shot and second . Must disagree with earlier review , greens not great . Burn spots numerous but we're cut consistent . That have worked on traps and a lot more sand . Fairways good but the tees here have always been hard . Didn't get to play lake , wanted to see the work they had done . Got to first hole on lake after playing road and both groups ahead of us were waiting on third group to finish hole . With pro shop permission we just played the cottage and yes played right on thru with no delay . Didn't get to see the greens on lake of course and that's where they have done some work . Overall just nice easy course and the 19th hole is comfortable . Driving range isn't much , but good course for the weekly hacker, beginners and seniors . Easy course to walk .

"Great value!"

Quincy2135569's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

I enjoyed it! The cafe (food) is the best in Richmond

"Great Greens, Short Course"

Hodog's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

This course is in the burbs. Into the deep woods but, worth the drive for their greens. A mid to lower handicap player like myself will eat this place up but, it is fun and for the price, it is worth putting on these greens. Kudos to the greenskeeper here. The greens are slick, true, and in excellent shape. No forced carries and not much trouble around the lake. You can go really low.

"Always enjoyable"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Our go to go course. We always enjoy ourselves. Could be faster at times and better cart paths, but still really like the place.

"Nice course to play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

I had not played at the Hollows in a long time, but it was a very pleasant experience to be back. The course is good for new to intermediate players for sure to just go out and play. The course is fairly straight forward. The greens are a little small, but that is just being picky. The fairways and rough were in good condition, the greens were in excellent condition. For an intermediate golfer like myself, it was a great day to work on my game, but also not feel like what is around the corner for me on my next shot. I was able to go truly work on hitting my drives, irons, etc. and just enjoy playing golf.

wpsusko's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

Response from The Hollows Golf Club on 07/27/2017:

Hello Will, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Hollows Golf Club in the Richmond area. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the course layout and that it was a smooth round. I hope the course conditions were up to par when you played and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the 3 star review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

"Not worth the money for what you get"

drewsdad08's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

Every single time I've played here the last 4 or 5 years, my group has never been allowed to play the Lake nine. Most of the greens on the road nine are terrible. The staff is unfriendly most of the time. The mowing is inconsistent. Not worth the money at all.

Response from The Hollows Golf Club on 08/04/2017:

Kenny, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Hollows Golf Club. We regret to hear about the poor customer service. Your feedback is very helpful to us. We appreciate the 3 star rating and hope to see you again soon in the Richmond area.

"First time was fun."

smjw7981's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Good conditions on the course. Fairways were being mowed after several days of rain. Greens were a bit soft but were fair.

"Too many walkers!"

hnybooboo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Course was in good shape, carts are a little old and worn. Biggest issue was pace of play, numerous elderly walkers most in groups of 1 or two made the round take forever. No marshals to group them or ask them to speed up play. I don't know if this is an everyday issue but if it is I sure wouldn't play there again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

Course is great for the money always in decent shape. The lady and the restaurant is not very friendly

"Spring is back"

Speedblade54's avatar
Virginia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

Course is coming around . Greens ok , little slow, fairways turning green and tees covered in nice grass. Easy layout . Played Cottage and lakes with no interruption . 3 1/2 hour round and we were in no hurry . Staff always friendly , only issue finished at 440 and when headed for Beer , knickers was already closed . Hopefully coolers will be back out soon . Ran out of water early on back nine and was really looking forward to a drink . Practice range weak, why the 3 star on off course. For the average golfer thou this course is fun and enough water and turns to make interesting . Great walking course . Will be back soon .

"Hollows Review"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course conditions were not too bad for early March, some spotty parts on greens. Compared to other courses in area, value isn't the best. Grill is nice and spacious, pretty good food. Practice facilities aren't the greatest, small irons only driving range.

For a short track, greens are sneaky difficult, have lots of slope. Were running faster probably due to dry and windy conditions lately.

"Course very well maintained"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

I'm 29 and have been golfing for 19 years. Course is short but very open and forgiving. Greens are in excellent condition for March, they are true and fast. Experienced golfers could definitely shoot low scores but the course is also inviting for golfers of any skill level!

ashayoto's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

I was pleased with this course for this time of year. Greens were pretty quick. Fairways were just turning green, but overall in pretty good condition. It was a great course for walking if you are up for it. I have walked 9 and 18 here and have enjoyed it both times. It was a really nice day, so the course was packed and pace of play was a little slow for me, but still wasn't the worst pace I've played.

"Nice Track"

Todd1094789's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played the Cottage/Lake course. Staff was friendly upon arrival. Driving range just so/so. Only can hit irons on range. Range distance about 200 yds max. Putting green little splotchy but true to the course greens. Tee boxes pretty good, fairways good, rough was good height. sand traps had sand in them but was a little packed, Greens were pretty good for the most part. Few had some rough spots. Great day to play with temp around 75-80 and had a great time. Will play again.