Mint Valley Golf Course

Type: Public

Tees | Layout

Blue (W) 71 6473 yards 76.0 128

Average Rating 4.0 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for walkers locals seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks

"Mint Valley Course"

Matthew1495724's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017
First time playing Walked Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The course was pretty much deserted on a weekend which is rare but it was mostly due to the weather. Pretty wet conditions but the fairways held up for the most part so it wasn't to bad. Greens were fast but fair and the course was in overall great shape considering the amount of rain we have had.

"Always a good time"

Outkikked83's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

Course was in great shape. It's really coming around out of this winter's precipitation totals. Greens are great as always.

"The monsoons took a break."

DrJohnBriggs's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

Course still quite spongy from non stop rain. Wettest February and March on record. Finally a break in weather. Carts on path only. Lots of tall rough. Lost balls in the fairway. Plugged balls. Greens quite good. Had the course to ourselves.

"Good condition"

Wayneski's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2016

Had a very good time. Course was in good condition. Definitely will play there again.

"Great cause, easy to walk"

rosplace's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Play here about once a month. Great course for the money. Course is in excellent condition, except the traps need a little more sand, with plenty of challenges. Greens in good shape and run true. Easy course to walk.

"A solid value"

Terry7235445's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016

Saw a golf now hot deal for a $10 round on a sunny weekend afternoon at Mint Valley. This is my second time on the course and it did. It disappoint. The course was in excellent condition, and surprisingly empty for such a sunny day (thank you Seahawks). The pace was slow for the first few holes but once the groups ahead paced amen corner 4,5,6 things picked up and I finished in 3:45.

The course is well designed and requires a variety of shots and includes several water holes.

The greens were a little slow, but rolled true.

All in all for $10 plus fees, I have to rate Mint the best deal in golf.

"Hidden Nugget in the Valley"

cheechmun's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Well manicured course with large undulating greens. Fairways can be a narrow target when the tees are back mixed with right and left doglegs...

"fun place"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Thinking course .. great dog legs .. interesting greens .. fun round,

"Worth the hour drive from Portland"

Rowjimmy72's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2016

The next time you decide to play a course within an hour drive from Portland, consider this place.

Commented on 09/15/2016

Thanks for coming out! We look forward to seeing you next time.

"Fun course to play and in good condition."

Walter3591189's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2016
First time playing Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course has many challenges. Many dog-legs both left & right. It was my first time to play there and I look forward to playing it again with more knowledge to play it with a better strategy.

"Good condition"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2016

The course was in good condition with manicured fairways and greens. Greeted by grumpy sales person in pro shop. He told me he had no carts to use. I reminded him I signed up for three people on golf now and pre paid. He finally "found" a cart. Rest of staff was nice

Commented on 08/16/2016

Thank you for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments and are so happy you had a good time on the course. Please let us know if you ever need anything and we hope to see you again very soon!

"Fun time at the Mint."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Course was in great condition with great greens. Was a quiet afternoon so no waiting on our round. We had a great tuna fish sandwich on the deck after the round with a local beer. So nice.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back and see us again very soon!

"Best course in the area"

Adam7383135's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

I love playing here. This course is very well kept. Drains well, greens are nice, fairways and roughs are groomed nicely. The only downside is the sand traps. They are way too hard. Swinging as hard as I can, I can only get a half inch under the ball. Impossible to hit a normal sand shot out. Still overall a great course. And a good value. I've played far worse courses for a lot more money.

Commented on 08/05/2016

Thank you Adam so much for the review. We are very happy you had an enjoyable experience on the course and we hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the season. Come back soon!

"Better than average for sure..."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Nice mixture of holes... a fade and a draw are both a help. Differing lengths were good also. Course was in good shape and the pace was good too.

Commented on 07/01/2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed the variety of holes our course provides. Hope to see you on the course again soon!

"Poor golfers w/o etiquette"

Chromate9's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2016

You know your golf day is going to be bad when the starter make an omission of how slow play is out on the course. The Marshal did everything he could to avoid the slow play. Only one water station too. Just a bad experience. 3-Rivers much better course in lay out and pace of play.

Commented on 06/06/2016

Thank you Chromate9 for your review and feedback of Mint Valley Golf Course. We are so happy you see the value in playing here with us. We are always monitoring pace of play, but it can be challenging to accommodate everyone at all times, but we try. Please come back and see us again soon!

"Fun track"

Brian1863165's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2016

Lots of risk reward holes...greens are in fantastic shape.

Commented on 05/11/2016

Thank you Brian for your review and feedback of Mint Valley Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time and for the 5 Stars! Please come back and see us again soon!

"Saved by the course"

BaskinWilliams's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Tee time set for 0630. Get to the gate at about 0600. The gate is closed and locked...we sit in the car and wait, after a while at about 0625 someone opens the gate. We park and get our gear out. Walk into the club house and wait about another 10 minutes at the desk to pay while the gentleman opening up shop brews coffee. At this point there about 8 or 9 people behind our foursome in line to pay as well. I'm last to pay in my group, I called 2 days prior to ask about riding fee for 1 rider and I was quoted a lower price over the phone (no big deal) however I need to run out to my car to get a few more bucks. At this point my group is waiting for me at the tee. I get back in and the line is longer. Whatever...The guy behind the counter moves at a snails pace...everyone in line is "murmuring" about the guys pace. By the time I pay and grab my cart the group is just finishing up at the first green, so I missed the first hole. I know I could have opted to walk or get a pull cart and had got to play the actual 18 holes I paid for...no excuses, I just wanted to ride. However, if someone had been on time to work and opened up properly they might not had been swarmed by a bunch of golf hungry men all at once and this might never had happened. Now, I don't know if this is the "norm" at Mint Valley, this was my first time playing there. If so, maybe a warning when booking tee times (if your tee time is 0630, expect to tee off at 0650 or so). If not, I understand, we've all been late and had our bad mornings, I hold no grudges, it was just really irritating at the time.

I pass the group in my cart as they are walking off the first green and I go to the second tee, tee it up and hit it long and strait ( the only good driver shot of the day lol) due to being p'd off in the moment and not thinking about anything else other than the last 20 minutes of my life.

Loved the course, it was well taken care of, greens were great, not extremely difficult really whatsoever but still threw some fun challenges my way. And was worth the price. It's too bad it's so far away from my home or I'd pry play there twice a month. I will play this course again, maybe this summer.

Commented on 04/15/2016

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience. We are disappointed you had nothing less then an all around fantastic experience at Mint Valley Golf Course and we would like to invite you back for another round. Please send us an email at mintvalleymanagement@gmail.com so we can have another chance to impress you. Thank you so much for giving us 4-Stars, your patience and understanding and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

"Great day at Mint Valley"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2016

The course was in great shape, greens were fast

The staff is great

Commented on 04/11/2016

Thank you for your review and feedback of Mint Valley Golf Course. We are so happy you enjoyed the golf course and the staff as well. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Great Design"

PacNWGolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Average weather

I love the design of Mint Valley. It has enough length from the blues to require driver for realistic scoring opportunities, yet nearly every drive on this course has narrowing, doglegs or strategic bunkers around the 230-260 yard mark. Unless you can hit it dead straight, you're probably going to have to move your tee ball both ways to have good looks. I usually hit most of the clubs in my bag, which a factor I value in course design. Mint's greens are fair with some potentially challenging pins. I've always found the course well maintained year round with greens that roll true. I enjoy the golf experience at Mint as much as any of the well-rated Portland area courses I usually play, most of which are substantially more expensive. I rated the off course amenities as good only because this time of year the range is understandably mats only. I also appreciate there is a large putting/chipping green and also a separate green where you can hit pitches from 20 or so yards.

Commented on 02/18/2016

Thank you PacNWGolfer for your review and feedback of Mint Valley Golf Course. We truly appreciate you taking the time and we are so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time on the course. We hope that you will continue to golf with us throughout the season and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Great Course for Walking"

Lance2285's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We played 18 holes as a foursome. The weather was good in that it did not rain on us and it was only partly cloudy.

The course is great for walking. The greens and tees are located close together and the terrain is fairly level.

The course was very wet from recent rains but most of the course was in good condition. The greens were challenging but in good shape and seemed well drained.

Another reviewer suggested staying with irons on the front nine and I agree with them unless you are a low handicapper. The course is tight in places and rewards accuracy.

The staff was very friendly and I look forward to playing there again.

Commented on 11/13/2015

Thank you Lance2285 for your review and feedback of Mint Valley Golf Course. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share and we are so happy you have had a great experience with us. We hope you will continue to golf with us throughout the seasons and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience better.