Oaks at Edgewood Golf Course

3.3120764706 3.3 stars from 5 (106)

• W240 S10050 Castle Rd, Big Bend, Wisconsin 53103, Waukesha County

Fairways: Blue grass
Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 11/30

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers elevation changes   Great for drinks

"Management Needs Attention"

rosiegolf2017's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

Signed up to play 18 on the Pines, 6:35 tee time. Course is under construction so the traditional two separate 18 hole courses are now condensed into a 36 hole facility. Front nine was marred by the fact that the greens mower wasn't cutting the greens in order of play so 4 of the 9 greens were still covered with morning dew. Went to play the next nine and the 2nd tee box already had a group teeing off and a group waiting, pace of play was going to be at least 2.5 hours for that nine. Walked off the course. The staff has been friendly enough in the past but today they dropped the ball. It would seem that they just haven't figured out how to run their golf course as a 36 hole facility. The course's web page does not address the temporary course layout during construction. Stay away until they have their construction sorted out.

Commented on 08/18/2017

Hi Steve,

Could you please email john@edgewoodgolf.com.

John Freeman

Head Golf Professional

"Group Outings"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2017

If you're going to call Edgewood for a teatime make sure you ask if there's any group outings that day. Apparently it's not their policy to tell you how booked the course is that day . I played the Pines Course on Friday June 23, it took approximately two hours and 40 minutes to complete the front nine. We had to stop three holes into the back nine because of the time. I brought this up to the personnel in the golf shop , there response was "sorry are bad". I think the correct response should've been, we apologize for the inconvenience and here's a rain check to come back and shoot the Pines over.

"Disappointed"

ttaff23's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

I have played here maby times before and no problems. But last sunday they decided to change my tee time 1hr before iam scheduled to play. The tee time i booked was for 8:52 am for the oaks course. They changed it to 8:44 on short notice and put me on the pines. I did not want to play this course since i booked for the oaks. Even at check in i said tee time for 852 and then they still failed to tell me n my group my time was changed and playing the totally wrong course. So i get to the first tee on the oaks thinking im playing the course at 852 then find out not playing this course. The starter was very rude about it even after showing i booked for oaks and forced started us off the pines. Probaby not coming back to this place again. I was so mad.

"Challenging but nice courses"

firemedic723's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

The Oaks is a nice but challenging layout. Shot management is key and sometimes driver off the tee isn't the best first choice on a few holes. There are a few holes that were soggy due to the recent heavy rain and lakes/river was high. Drainage isn't as optimal but I've played when it's dry and it's fine. The Pines is easier but also offers some challenges as well. I prefer the Pines tho. Good prices. Friendly staff. Greens rolled like a 10

Response from Edgewood GC - The Oaks on 06/07/2017:

Thanks for the excellent review! We appreciate the kind words regarding the course conditions and our great staff. Thanks again for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Hit straight on this course"

bcberan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Played the Oaks several times, like the course. Most holes have narrow fairways so straight hitting is critical. A few holes are more forgiving. Really like the island green par 3 on the back 9.

Commented on 05/11/2017

Hi "bcberan" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your round with us. We definitely have some unique holes and we appreciate you coming out.

roccovanzetti's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 05/02/2017

Hi "roccovanzetti" Thanks for the 4 star review we really appreciate it!

"spongey"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

It was early in the season so fairways were a little spongy. Starter made us take our little cooler back to the car, stated something about state law. saw the cart girl once so take that as you like. I like the course, its close and has good deals usually, it was a bit crowded. Expected as the first 70 degree day of the season. My golfing partner was drunk before we even started, so that put a damper on things right away. Overall experience i give 3 stars. But will go back, mainly because its close to my house, probably wouldnt make a long drive to golf here.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Hi "u5650831" We appreciate the honest review, and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks MGT

"Edgewood is great!"

Kellen4372439's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016

I'm a member here and play all the time when I'm not in school. Personally I find the Oaks to be more challenging and more fun. The back 9 of the Oaks is a must play. I also find he front of the pines fun if you want to play a quick nine. Every nine offers some difficult long par fours(from the blue tees). I am in 11th grade and have a 6 handicap, but still find this course somewhat challenging. Bottom line Edgewood is a must play for any golfer in the Milwaukee area.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Hi "Kellen4372439" Thanks for the great review. We love having you at the course when you are not in school. We appreciate the kind words and can't wait to have you back come summer. Thanks!

"Wonderful Late Fall Outing"

3wack's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I had a promo ($10 off a hot deal) so the round cost me under 5 bucks with a cart.

The course was in great shape in spite of the wet fall we've been experiencing. The fairways were cut the greens quick & receptive. They even had a maintenance man out blowing leaves away from the fairways. I got there a little early and able to get out early. I played as a single & got around in 3 leisurely hours. Never saw another group out there. I even made an eagle on the backside of the oaks course. Holed out from 160 with a 9 iron. It's always in great shape & recommend playing here.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Hi "3wack" Thanks for the great review we appreciate the kind words regarding the price and course conditions. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Conditions"

Stano69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2016

Generally good conditions with the exception of a few tee boxes and some greens with unrepaired ball marks. Well groomed for the amount of play.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Hi "Stano69" Thanks for the excellent review. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon!

"Must play back 9 Oaks"

fatcat09's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This is a course in limbo as they have a great 9 holes and the rest of the course is strange. Let's just say $10 was what I would pay for 27 holes and I'd pay $30 for the 9 holes on the back of the Oaks. Small greens and no defined tee boxes. So if you're looking to work on your game this would be better than a driving range.

Response from Edgewood GC on 10/10/2016:

We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations this time. We hope you will come back and see us again!

"Disappointing front 9, surprising back 9"

Carpe219's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Of all the courses I played in the Milwaukee area this year, this one was the strangest. The front 9 is pretty awful. There's a par-5 that is so narrow that it's almost impossible to play. It feels like a stretch of 3 holes was crammed into a way-too-small area. Some of the holes were poorly kept, with some drainage problems. But then, the back 9 was much nicer. Some challenging holes, some nice views, in much better shape. All in all, an average course for the area.

"Nice course the oaks is very challenging but the play is too slow"

allyeargolfer13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2016

personally I think that 4 hours for a round of golf is a bit excessive for groups of 4 on carts. walking yes but on carts? no. if you do the math a 4 hour round of golf equates to a little more than 13 minutes a hole. 4 hours and 30 minutes is ridiculous. let's break down this miserable round. that takes 13 minutes a hole to 15 minutes a hole, that means it takes 15 minutes each to play the 4 par 5's, 15 minutes each to play the 10 par 4's , AND 15 minutes EACH ON THE 4 PAR 3's? Really. there's two courses at Edgewood the pines and the oaks, the Pines is the intermediate course, the Oaks is the advanced course. I have to admit that the Oaks has a beautiful view especially on the back nine. I think everyone should be able to play and enjoy a beautiful course but if you are on an advanced course and you cant advance your ball we don't want to see you or wait for you to shoot 140. advance to the next hole or don't hit every bad shot. and keep peace. this type of play is common at most courses and they make up a large portion of their customer base. some courses are reluctant to say anything to slow playing groups, or implement policies on slow play. The thing that makes for a terrible round is slow play on a course that is overbooked especially on Saturday and Sunday.

i'm restricting Edgewood to my early morning weekday playlist .

TEE IT FOWARD AND WHILE WERE YOUNG.

Commented on 09/07/2016

allyeargolfer13 - Thank you very much for the 4 star rating! We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us! We hope to see you again soon!

"Front 9 needs work"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2016

The front 9 of the oaks is in terrible shape. I can understand the dry rough with no grass but the long uncut fairways and slow long grassy greens is a joke. The only reasone this course didn't a 1 star was due to the good conditions of the back 9. The front is by far the worst course i have ever played.

Commented on 09/07/2016

By:u000004253159 - We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you further offline. Please email us at edgewoodgc@gmail.com.

"Condition needs improvement"

Don9290091's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016

I have played this course twice now this year. I am concerned with the condition of the course for the money payed. While the bunkers are decent, the tee boxes and fairways are way too long and there are many areas with dead grass and pot holes. The greens are way too slow, and the holes are shaggy because they dont get changed often enough. The back 9 is in better shape than the front, but overall this course needs a new maintenance supervisor. It's definitely substandard compared to the other courses in the area.

Commented on 09/07/2016

Don9290091 - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We hope we will see you back out again on the course!

"Awful"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

Took 3:15 to play 11 holes. Course was like a desert. Guy on the staff got upset with me for telling a fellow golfer about Golfnow.com. Didn't like the fact that I told the lady she could get a cheaper rate if she used it. Very lousy experience. Won't be going back anytime soon.

Course Layout: Poor

"Forgot how nice and challenging it is"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2016

The fairways and greens were superb, and rough wasn't too long that inhibits finding your ball quickly . As a single ,it was nice to experience the golf etiquette of two groups letting me play through. That is a good reflection of the type of golfer your course attracts. The greens ran very true and with challenging weekday placements , they were fun to try to read.

"Great golf experience"

gfyock12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Absolutely no complaints, course was busy but pace was good.

"Being nice to your customers will make your golf day a lot better"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in pretty good condition. Pro shop staff very unprofessional. Could explain on line tee time charges a little better. Thought we paid taxes (which we did) and fees online but had to pay more taxes at the course. Starter telling people they have to golf together because they are backed up. Just an out right lie. Not one person behind us. Tee times were before 7 am. 2nd time at this course. Played 18. Good staff will keep people coming back. Not this time. Word of mouth is a killer.

"Broken mowers?"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Played 18 on the Oaks. I'll say the front 9 was the worst 9 holes I've experienced. Not only is the layout of that first 9 holes ridiculous, but it wasn't cut. We could barely distinguish between the fairways and the rough. In places, the fairways alone we're close to 6 inches long. The back 9 was much nicer, but still uncut. I know we had some rain, but this was ridiculous. All this and no warning of the conditions before hand by the two fellas in the clubhouse.