Inniscrone Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 15 Athelone Way, Avondale, Pennsylvania 19311, Chester County
  • www.inniscronegolfclub.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Gil Hanse (1998)
Type: Public
Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 11/15

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks patio dining

"Good Value for the Money"

Garyjohnson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Where else can you play a Gil Hanse course for $30? I play this course quite often since it is near my home and I can get a hot deal for $20 to $30. The course was in reasonable shape. The greens were slow and bumpy- I wish they had cut and rolled them. Like a lot of courses, the traps were washed out.

I think this was an early Gil Hanse design, and there are few awkward holes, like the short par 3 number 5 hole and the par 4 tenth hole. There are some fun holes to play, like the par 4 2nd and 3rd holes.

The staff is very friendly, especially Jason, and work very hard to make this muni course a nice experience for all golfers.

"Golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

The golf was great. My only complaint was the greens were not in the best shape. Many holes you had to putt through areas that were not free of divots etc.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Hi, David. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Maturing nicely..."

jackwardellwaters's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Several years ago this course was in disrepair. Each year since they have improved the course and it plays nicely unless you get stuck where I hit the ball....but that is true anywhere! Fairways and greens were in very good condition. Some of the tee boxes could use some grooming but it did not affect play. Fifth hole par 3 is one of those oddball less than 100 yard shots steeply downhill---they probably can't change it but is really not a good experience. All in all, highly recommended.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/16/2017:

Hello, Jack. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We are glad to hear you have seen an improvement over the years and we hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

"Conditions"

MJenkins394's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

The courser layout is playing nicely, and the staff has been improved. However I am an avid golfer of fair skill level and the greens do not roll. I've played the course and know they have the equipment to roll the greens. I think they are one of the only courses in the area that keeps their greens longer and slower. The fairways are also kept long which prevents the better player from being able hit the shots they want to hit (example: spinning pitch shots) I know they have to keep the conditions like this to make it fair for public golfer but I've seen courses with fast greens and tight fairways played by a public course player and they love it.

Jbuchanan3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/08/2017:

Hello, Julia. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

Commented on 08/08/2017

Please do pass along! I worked at a near by golf club for years, so I always have high expectations. Your staff & course did not disappoint!

"Jack from Delaware"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Challenging and interesting course. Worth playing .

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/07/2017:

Hi, John. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Great course"

mcthee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

The course is in great condition. The layout has been softened up since last time played. Which is good because this course is very challenging. Pace of play was good never had to wait. Staff was very nice and beer after round tasted great. Recomend!!!

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/07/2017:

Hello, Donald. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"I'll be back"

SmartBass's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I actually expected this course to play tougher than it did.Seems the generous fairways have a lot to do with that.There's a number of holes with deathtrap environmental hazards, mostly, inescapable overgrown marshy areas. They're really only a threat, though, if you mishit your shot more than a little. Greens pose a moderate challenge. Conditions are really good, overall. The layout flows nicely, but signage could have been better at a couple spots. Driving Range was closed for maintenance on this Thursday, which was disappointing. Clubhouse was very nice. Overall, a really good golf experience; and I'll be doing it again.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/07/2017:

Hi, Cory. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Yardage?"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017

Difficult to find yardage. Charge fitty cents more a round and give yardage books free of charge. Don't want to spend five bucks on a yardage book when I don't play the course very often. Yardages into the green were hard to find on the course. 150 being the only prominent marker and sprinkler heads were hit and miss.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Hello, Greg. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course yardage books is important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and have projects ongoing to improve our course. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

brooksr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi, Rodney. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. We are glad to hear you found the course to be an enjoyable challenge. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Matt1344239's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hello, Matt. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 5-star feedback is what we strive to achieve. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Great day!"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

Course was in good shape, check in was quick and friendly. Played in just over 3 hours. It was a beautiful day.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Thank you for leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Pace of play an issue but good course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Had a round at 8:10 on a Sunday. Friend and I ended up getting paired up with a couple of friendly guys. By the 5th hole we were getting slowed down quite a bit. Was up standing by the green waiting for the other two to join up with the ranger watching this for about 10-15 minutes. This was despite letting them know we needed speed it up on the previous hole. When leaving the green, the ranger came up to my friend and I and told us to pick it up despite seeing the wait being caused by the other two. Obviously we weren't the ones causing the slow down. Put a damper on the rest of the round. Course conditions ok, but the tee boxes and greens looked pretty rough (long grass on the tees, and greens with tons of ball marks). Would probably play again but only if I wasn't paying $59, probably more along the lines of $40. Also website says free use of the range with the $59 price tag, but on arrival the front desk guy said that wasn't the case, but ended up giving the two of us one range token to split.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi, Ryan. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the off-course amenities and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"NIce day out"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Overall the course was in great shape. Only real complaint about the course was that due to some over watering, there were some very soft patches in front of the greens. There was also a group of three that really slowed down the back 9, but was a nice day to soak in some sun. Greens were nice and challenging, and hole 17 is a really fun hole to play, very challenging par 4 hole. Overall course was in great shape and would recommend to anyone in the area to play, one of the best courses for your money.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/27/2017:

Hello, Doug. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time. Your feedback about the soft areas and slight delay of play are important to us. We will escalate them to our teams in charge. Thanks for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/26/2017:

Hello, Matthew. Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 1-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Great deal. A keeper!"

PSimmo72's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

Great deal. Formerly a high-end private course. Conditions are surprisingly good. Driving range eh... but I was there to play golf, not practice.

If you complain about this course at this price, you're just a whiner.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hi. Patrick. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Challenging layout"

bambiklr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course was in good shape and the rough was very challenging. Back tees gave a little more approach shot variety compared to white tee equivalent. The practice green was very nice and in great condition but not representative of the greens on each hole. There were a lot ofspike marks and unrepaired ball marks. Bunkers need a lot of work.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/24/2017:

Hello again, Mr. Phelps. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps and ball marks is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone, we hope to see you again soon.

Cameron9430149's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hello, Cameron. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

Stephen9124244's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hello, Stephen. <br/> Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. We are glad to hear you found the course to be an enjoyable challenge. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.