Inniscrone Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 15 Athelone Way, Avondale, Pennsylvania 19311, Chester County
  • www.inniscronegolfclub.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Gil Hanse (1998)
Type: Public
Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 11/15

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks patio dining

"Good pace"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Good pace, tee box’s need some work. Playing from blues made the course shorter not many driver holes.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/18/2017:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!

"Interesting track. Very slow play"

sbevilac's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

We enjoyed playing here but it was so slow. There was one group holding everyone up. I mentioned it to the guy in the pro shop at the turn but it didn’t mentioned. At least two groups gave up and quit.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/17/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Good Course but Quirky Back Nine"

ddotson2's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I'll recommend Inniscrone but only if you're willing to accept blind shots and stupid holes on the back nine.

The conditions, staff, and pace of play have been good the two times I've played here. The big problem I have is the back nine. Holes 10, 12, 13, and 16 have blind shots and 16 is probably the poorest-designed hole I've ever played. Just my opinion, but the layout of the back nine is very poor and causes unnecessary frustration.

If you're willing to accept a hilly, quirky course, then Inniscrone is a good option. Not worth traveling a long way when there are better options around.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

"Enough challenges"

cmptpad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Great golf course to play , plenty of challenges... more difficult than it looks. Back 9 holes are tougher, some holes are pretty tight, some require forced carry , plenty of bunkers to deal with... They clean up this course nicely . No 10 hole always eats my golf ball, at least now there is a landing zone

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

"Not for the faint of heart"

rlm128's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

Maybe we bit off more than we could chew, trying to play this course from the back tees. You have to be a very long hitter to reach the fairway on several of the holes. Layout is pretty dramatic, bunkers are abundant and well-placed, though sand was hard from all the water and in need of raking. Greens were healthy and rolled true, with some significant slopes.

I think that this course is among the more challenging of the public courses in the region, and worth the drive.

One thing that the course could benefit from is yardage markers. Maybe because it was built as a private club, they thought the members would be familiar enough to not need them. But we lost some stokes because we didn’t know the yardages, and we often wasted time trying to figure out how far we were from the green.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/04/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is also fun to hear that the course proved to be a challenge for you. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Nice Course !"

Todd3302166's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

The course was in really nice shape, and the layout was not only interesting but a bit challenging, especially the back nine. Staff was friendly, especially the Starter, who struck up a conversation, and gave some advice as to the course which was helpful since we were from out of the area and playing the course for the first time. The only minor complaint I have is that the tee boxes were a somewhat beat up, but not really a factor. I traveled over an hour to play this course and was glad I did. Overall great golf course. Thanks.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

Hi, Todd. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Not wowed"

sixeagles's avatar
Philly Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

I played here when it first opened in the late 90s but I didn't remember much except for a couple of holes. I went back today with a friend who is a Golf Week course rater and we play the 5800 yard course. The course was in good condition the greens were fine but the design of some of the holes just didn't fit our eye. If someone said let's go play there I go back but Id be hesitant to recommend it for a road trip from my area to anyone. It's a course you have to play at least once to get a feel for. Too many trees that don't come into play but block sun from some tees as well as some of removed or trimmed might make course more playable.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. Your comments about the layout are important to us. We will work to inform the team in charge. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 09/25/2017

Just to clarify, I didn't dislike the course except for a couple holes. One thing I didn't get was some over 400 yard par 4 holes from forward green tees which are less total yardage than most regular member white tee settings.

"Great course, just needs a little attention"

Timwood3333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

The course is well worth the money but it could be even better. The main issues were the bunkers weren't raked and people not fixing their ball marks on the green. Regardless this course was a pleasure to play and pace of play was a little over 4 hours even though it was pretty crowded.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Hello, Tim. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. Your comments about the bunkers and ball marks will be communicated to our team. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Nothing special"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

What made this round good was:

1. Complete in under 4 hours

2. Hot deal rate = good value

Had we paid full advertised price, this would not have been as satisfying. Course played soft. Grass was thick and fresh clippings laying in the rough. Greens were a bit slow. But overall, no major blemishes. Not worth more than $40 in this condition. Thankfully, we paid much less.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partner with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Course conditions are getting worse"

Dcappelli's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I used to love this course...very challenging. it used to be well maintained. But this year, esp the last few months it has rally gone down hill. The greens are beat up and not mowed regularly...trees are overgrowing the fairways and some of the tee boxes, starving the grass of air and sun. The township is just not maintaining it.

Most townships would die to have a golf course like this. They should lease it to professional golf course company.

Response from Innisrone Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Dominic. We are sorry to hear you had such a poor experience in comparison to your visits with us in the past. We have seen heavy play this season that has tested the course more than we would like. With that said, we have ongoing projects to recover the fairways and greens. Part of that is letting the heavily played areas grow out a little while they recover. We will escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements so that our recovery does not affect golfer game. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

"Jack from Delaware"

Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

Challenging layout. Good condition and well maintained. Definitely worth it.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Hi, John. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/25/2017:

Hello, David. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Nice course in nice condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Played at 7AM and were the first ones out. Done in 3 hours. The course was damp in the morning from watering and dew, but was in nice condition. The front nine was pretty straight forward and the back had a few quirky holes. The course book was very helpful for ball placement since I was a first timer at this course. Will go again.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/25/2017:

Hello, Brett. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

"Good Value for the Money"

Garyjohnson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Where else can you play a Gil Hanse course for $30? I play this course quite often since it is near my home and I can get a hot deal for $20 to $30. The course was in reasonable shape. The greens were slow and bumpy- I wish they had cut and rolled them. Like a lot of courses, the traps were washed out.

I think this was an early Gil Hanse design, and there are few awkward holes, like the short par 3 number 5 hole and the par 4 tenth hole. There are some fun holes to play, like the par 4 2nd and 3rd holes.

The staff is very friendly, especially Jason, and work very hard to make this muni course a nice experience for all golfers.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/24/2017:

Hi, Gary. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. Your comment about the greens will be passed onto the team. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

The golf was great. My only complaint was the greens were not in the best shape. Many holes you had to putt through areas that were not free of divots etc.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/24/2017:

Hello, John. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. Your comments about the greens are important to us and will be passed on to those responsible. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Hi, David. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Maturing nicely..."

jackwardellwaters's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Several years ago this course was in disrepair. Each year since they have improved the course and it plays nicely unless you get stuck where I hit the ball....but that is true anywhere! Fairways and greens were in very good condition. Some of the tee boxes could use some grooming but it did not affect play. Fifth hole par 3 is one of those oddball less than 100 yard shots steeply downhill---they probably can't change it but is really not a good experience. All in all, highly recommended.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/16/2017:

Hello, Jack. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We are glad to hear you have seen an improvement over the years and we hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

"Conditions"

MJenkins394's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

The courser layout is playing nicely, and the staff has been improved. However I am an avid golfer of fair skill level and the greens do not roll. I've played the course and know they have the equipment to roll the greens. I think they are one of the only courses in the area that keeps their greens longer and slower. The fairways are also kept long which prevents the better player from being able hit the shots they want to hit (example: spinning pitch shots) I know they have to keep the conditions like this to make it fair for public golfer but I've seen courses with fast greens and tight fairways played by a public course player and they love it.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Hello, Mark. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to roll the greens and make them roll true. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the staff and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

Jbuchanan3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/08/2017:

Hello, Julia. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

Commented on 08/08/2017

Please do pass along! I worked at a near by golf club for years, so I always have high expectations. Your staff & course did not disappoint!