The Legends at Orange Lake Resort

• 8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, Florida 34747, Orange County
  • (888) 657-3529, (407) 239-1050
  • www.orangelake.com

Year built: 1998
Architect(s): Arnold Palmer (1998)
Type: Resort
Greens: Bermuda
Fairways: Floradwarf – an Ultradwarf Bermuda

GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "The McCord Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Teal 72 7072 yards 74.3 132
Yellow 72 5188 yards 69.6 120

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"Good course to play at least once"

NeilDyal's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Good course conditions; challenging Arnold Palmer course design; but lacking in certain amenities like a dedicated clubhouse and convenient on course services (ie. refreshment cart was almost non existent during the round and when it arrived it had a very limited supply of items)

"No management"

Mike4150651's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

I am a local player who plays all around central Florida. We typically try and find the best deals in the summer because you can play for so cheap compared to peak season. This will be my last time playing orange lake. It's totally fine that we were following a tournament. Heck, our tee time was at 930. My problem was there was no starter to pair anyone up and we didn't see a player assistant the entire time. The front side played at 2hr 45mins. When I went into the pro shop at the turn I saw at least 4 golf professionals Hammin it up in an office. Not a clue of what was going on out on the course. Retention is huge for golf, especially in central Florida where you have a golf course within every mile of your location.

Arnsybill's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

"Very Nice Course. Excelent Design"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Played here a few times through the years. Love the layout. (Arnold Palmer Design) The course is usually in very good condition. It was in excellent condition the day we played. Was raining off and on during the afternoon, but the course still played well. Better to play on a dry day. Got a great hot deal on golf now. Will keep Orange Lake Legends in the rotation.

"Tough But Fair Nature Walk"

Rapper12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Every hole on this course is unique with interesting challenges.

"Fantasic Layout"

mashedpotatoes's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

This was my first time playing at this course, we were in town on vacation at Orange Lake Resort. I found the green fees to be very reasonable for this caliber of golf course, if I lived in the area I would play here every day. This is my first time playing an Arnold Palmer golf course and I found the layout to be awesome as well. I found the course conditions to be rather dry and some areas of the fairways and greens were burned up pretty good but I understand there apparently was a drought this summer so I can't judge on that. The sand traps were in great shape. The greens seemed a little slow and hard to read but I'm also not too familiar with this type of grass so maybe that's a thing. It's all bentgrass and bluegrass where I'm from. I thought the club rental price was a bit too high, I called a few places and it was the highest in the area but the green fees were cheap so it was a wash. I tried to stop in early one evening to look around and make a tee time but the pro shop was closed, that was rather inconvenient. I made my tee time online so it all worked out. All in all I would definitely play here again if I ever return. It's a beautiful course and a fun challenge.

"Dont play in the afternoon"

u000002058569's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

I booked through Golfnow.com for a late afternoon tee time. Great start but when the storm rolled through and they asked me to leave the course, they were not interested in letting me finish my round because apparently i was the only person on the course, and it seemed they were more interested in being able to close up early. Given the frequency of afternoon storms in the area, perhaps not using a booking service or not listing late available tee times would help them out with this problem. Was offered a voucher for 9 holes to make up for it but i would have preferred to play the rest of my round after the storm passed.

Commented on 08/15/2017

I have worked at three Pinehurst, North Carolina courses and have been required to ask people to leave a course when a storm rolled in. I regret seeing a course review suffer because in one person's opinion, the course asked you to leave in a storm so they could close early. You received a late play consideration plus a golfnow discounted round. I just left Florida 3 weeks ago, and the storms then dropped copious amounts of rain. The course may have simply been trying to protect you and their course conditions...

"Fun layout and a good value right now."

John9144780's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

The course layout is fun. Greens rolled fairly smooth but extremely slow. Amenities leave a lot to be desired. It's obvious they are light on help around the course.

Overall a fun track as long as it stays in decent shape and the pricing for Orlando residents stays reasonable.

This place has been known to have very inconsistent conditions.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi John9144780, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course layout and appreciate your patience as we work to improve our course conditions. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing!

"Improving Conditions"

Rock9808450's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The ownership and staff efforts to bring this course back to higher standards is noticeable. It is a great layout and will provide multiple challenges. If the conditions continue it should be a stop on your tour of Orlando golf sites.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi Rock9808450, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The Legends course is definitely worth a visit. Great layout, friendly staff and nice service. The course is in very good condition. Carts are clean and new. We had a scorcher of a day, but ice and water at the clubhouse combined with many water coolers throughout the course helped tremendously. This course is fun. Playing it for the first time, we found water in places where we couldn't see it on our tee shot - we learned to look at the scorecard map quickly. For $10, you cannot beat this anywhere.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi chriswaldmann, we appreciate the kind review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions and layout. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing.

"Work in progress"

u000004541997's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Seems the drought we had burned the greens and there are still some with bad spots even though we had rain every day for almost two months. Still roll pretty true unless u have to roll through one of these spots. Staff needs a lesson in customer service.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi u000004541997, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions as our staff works to improve them. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course layout and hope to see you again soon.

"Great day at Orange Lake Legends"

hockislife1433's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I've played here many times in the past and the course conditions dipped a bit a while back but it's back to prime condition now. The greens are mostly in good shape, there were a few areas on 2-3 greens that had a few issues but nothing to be upset about. The tee boxes were in great shape as were the fairways and bunkers.

The gentleman manning the bag drop Shay was very nice and helpful as was Jordan at the Legends Grill. The starter Joe was friendly and willing to answer any and all questions about the course. While the experience on the course was good, these guys put the day over the top and made us feel like they wanted us to return. The only member of the team that was not up to par was the Marcus in the pro shop. I felt like we were bothering him just trying to check in.

All in all, this course is in great condition and I am excited to return. I would certainly recommend this course.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi hockislife1433, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear about your positive experience. Thanks for playing and we hope to see you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi u000005085729, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing!

"A Good Return"

Stephen1690's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017

Played as a single on Sunday afternoon, it had been years since I'd played The Legends, so happy to see the course returning to days of old. The Staff are great and the course was in very good shape ( a few greens need some work ) but you can see the course will be getting better and better in time, see you in a few months!!

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi Stephen1690, we appreciate your feedback! Thanks for the great review and we're looking forward to your next round with us!

"always fun!"

jpsider's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Had the course to myself on a hot and humid summer day. The course was not perfect, but pins were placed in a way to stay away from the areas that need some TLC. The staff was super friendly and let me get out in front of a larger group. I finished in less than 2 hours. Its a great and beautiful course. I try to play it every time I am in town.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 07/20/2017:

Hi jpsider, thanks for the kind words! We glad to hear you had a great round. Thanks for playing and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

tigerbrown41's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi tigerbrown41, thanks for the 5-star review!

jlateixeira's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi jlateixeira, thanks for the great review!

"Lightning in the Distance"

Simmonsgolfmore's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

Excellent course. We had to wait 11/2 hr to start because lightning was happening somewhere?? Drinks were a fortune... once on the course it was awesome. Great Arnie Palmer layout. I would definitely recommend this course.

"Best course in area"

spackler83's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

The legends has always been a great course, even though it fell on hard times recently. The ownership has done wonders improving the course and I feel it shows greatly. Recreational golf has declined in playership and it's harder for courses of this caliber to remain in peak condition. For the hand they were dealt, it's an awesome and ever improving course.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 08/07/2017:

Hi spackler83, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and are looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

"Much Improved"

u319023531's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Always play the course each time I visit (average 4 times a year) In the past couple of years I have been very critical of the course condition but this time in my opinion the course is in much better condition that it has been for a number of years. Much Improved fairways although greens were slow. Overall much better and if the club continues to work on improvements then it will be back to where it was years ago and a great place to play.

Response from Orange Lake Golf on 07/20/2017:

Hi u319023531, thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you're seeing improving conditions. We hope to see you again soon!