Bardmoor Golf & Tennis Club

• 8001 Cumberland Rd, Largo, Florida 33777, Pinellas County
  • bardmoorgolf.com

Year built: 1974
Architect(s): William Diddel, Gary Koch (2001)
Type: Semi-Private

Copper 72 5054 yards 69.4 120

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5
Overall Condition: 3.8 stars from 5
Food & Beverage: 3.4 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

"It's a nice course when it is dry."

1013010132's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways were wet, I'm surprised the course was open

Overall Condition: Poor

Course Difficulty: Extremely Challenging

"Great course with friendly staff!!!!"

Kevin7532613's avatar
Age: 35-44
Handicap: 20-24

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Played course while on vacation. Clubhouse staff accommodated me the utmost courtesy. Course has ample places to stay hydrated as well as perfect shaded spots to park while waiting on next hole. Although, didn't have to wait long. Pace was as good as it gets. Watch out as some of the greens have very little room on the back with no warning. Definitely on the best courses I've played.

"Bardmoor GC"

mcglynnjf's avatar
Age: 45-54

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Play hear on a monthly basis, very wet in the area for the last 40 days or so and course conditions reflect to an extent. Course is in relatively good shape but not pristine by any measure. Fairways and bunkers today were good greens OK with some weeds creeping in average speed. Good hot deal value, nice bar area for initial draft $1. Normally this is a 4 star course in my arena, let it dry out a little and we'll see. Close to where I work so I'll be coming back.

Course Difficulty: Moderate

"Greens were horrible from recent aeration, rest of course was great"

JKrutec's avatar
Skill: Beginner
Handicap: 25+

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I am a high handicap, and had a tough, but fun day. The course was challenging, and I found both water and sand, primarily on the back 9. Started on #10 with first tee time, and the morning dew was quite troublesome, especially in the relatively deep rough. Recent rains had the course still soggy along the edges.

Was not told the greens had been aerated, and they were covered in sand. I normally 2-put most greens once I am on, but the sand was killing me, adding another put on most holes. They were really bad. Even my putter was covered in sand coming off the greens.

It is higher priced than most of the public or semi-private courses you can play in Pinellas County. If the greens had been in good shape, I thought it would have been a fair price though.

"save your money"

spoko's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Save your money and play somewhere else. Only the back 9 was open, so we played it twice since they did not give me a discount. The greens were like putting thru a bunker. The layout was fine, however the conditions were awful at best. Forget the range, the balls were older then I am and was mostly dirt.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Overall Condition: Poor

"Bardmour"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Typical Pinellas course. Dog legs and tight challenging fairways. Course was wet due to rain, but nice. Greens were very good, rough areas where difficult and not maintained well. Tee Box was average to poor.
They charge too much, Golf now rates are fair for course.

"Great value"

Plays: Once a month

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2015

For the money this is a great course. It rained the day we played & had been raining all week prior to our round but the course drained very well. Greens were still in good shape.

Commented on 08/03/2015

The greens are smooth, but have weeds in them.

"Standard Dilipidated Tampa Bay Area Course"

robertwest's avatar
Age: 25-34
Handicap: 0-4

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather

I'll start by saying that the greens ran pretty true. There were weeds in about half of the greens and many weren't properly cut (you could see the poor angling around the collars.) Outside of the greens, the course is pretty boring. I played the tips and I can see how it'd be difficult if you didn't hit it straight off the tee. Other than that, there isn't much character to the course. Everything about this course preaches 1970s/1980s. The clubhouse is stuck in 1985 like every other clubhouse in Tampa Bay (minus the private clubs). You can tell that this course used to be pretty decent. If they'd eliminate the weeds throughout the fairways and particularly around the greens along with paying closer attention to beautification around the tee boxes and other common areas, it'd be a much better course. This course tries to charge $70 plus dollars during "peak season". Just like most of the other courses in the area, it's well overpriced w/o a Golf Now deal. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for this course at any time. Also, if you're a sub 90s shooter I'd stay away from this course as the holes are pretty close together and other groups were all over the place.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Overall Condition: Average

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Great course in great condition"

montgomeryburk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I'm not a big fan of florida golf in general but this course surprised me. This course is a good challenge for all golfers and has some architectural details that keep it interesting and challenging. Good use of bunkers, old established trees, and water to make it challenging. Greens were in great shape and really enjoyed my round. First tee time so I played in like 2 hours and 10 minutes which is heaven for me.

"Wide open"

Snookman57's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015

We haven't play Bardmoor because of the cost (way too much for a community course) but was able to grab a deep discounted rate. Staff were fabulous but I wish I could say the same for the course. It was boring! Not much of a challenge but nice and for the most part in very good condition. Rain halted play at the turn and the once back it was a little backed up. Ranger took care of it but group behind us keep hitting into us (a serious pet peeve). Ehhhh it was okay.

"Everyone In A Hurry"

MadBeach's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Overall, the course is in pretty good condition. The greens are faster than I enjoy playing, but rolled pretty true. My major complaint with this course was that everyone was in a hurry. When I was checking in, some guy was complaining that a group outing scheduled that day, was an inconvenience to him. While playing, I felt hurried all the time. There was no time to relax as one after another were coming up behind me. Like speed walking and running at times to their ball. I let 5 groups play through so I could relax and work on my game. The only reason I played here was the great deal I got from this site. With all the nice courses we have in the area, I would choose several over this one.

Player Tip: Water sneaks up on you. Pay attention to the hole lay out through your GPS program if you have one.

Course Difficulty: Somewhat Challenging

"Rainy Day Fun on a Golf Now Hot Deal"

docjimmyd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways and greens are in fine shape, The tee boxes made it very difficult to find a flat spot. They definitely need to be rolled and leveled. It rained a lot the night before and on the day I played. The course, especially the greens drained quickly. Nice layout and fun course that could jump to excellent with a little work. I got a great deal on Golf Now Hot Deals. If not on a Hot Deal, I find it priced too high for the value. Pace was awesome until I caught up with a corporate outing. They were an awesome group that allowed us to play through.

"Bardmoor GC"

mcglynnjf's avatar
Age: 45-54

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Course conditions excellent except for a few tees which are pretty beat up from play. Fairways and greens very nice.

"Very good course"

wefowlerjr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2015

Greens are nice , very nice layout , can't wait to play it again

"Gem in the Rough"

FEBJR73156's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2015

No pun intended, but Bardmoor is certainly one of the better golf clubs in the Tampa Bay area. Greens in very good condition, fairways well-maintained with a soft feel (we all prefer that.) Lots of water on the course, so either hit 'em straight or bring balls. Great Golf Now Hot Deal... definitely worth the trip and I'll be heading back to Bardmoor very soon.

Player Tip: Water, water everywhere.... hit straight!

"Really Disappointed"

FabiFesta's avatar
Age: 25-34

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

This course has gone downhill quickly. The fairways are in decent shape but you may as well be putting across a weed patch in your back yard when you're on these greens. The ball bounces its way to the hole, and there are weeds growing everywhere on the greens making your ball roll every which way but true. Luckily the rate was low and I can see why now. It's a shame because this course used to be in good shape from what I hear from all my playing partners. Pass this one up on your next round.

Overall Condition: Average

"Slick greens"

mveyecare's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2015

Nice layout. Fairways and greens-good. Great value course, enjoyed the challenge. Would play again!

"Great deal!!"

Kdog728's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2015

I got a great rate of $33!! Played as a single. One group let me play through. Could improve on yardage markers per hole. Overall would play again. Not worth $75 though.

Course Difficulty: Fairly Easy

"course condition"

philkaupla's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

great condition with the exception of tee off areas. they are not flat and barren on numerous holes,, greens and fairways in very good condition

"Long from the tips."

Christophe4626124's avatar
Age: 35-44
Handicap: 0-4

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I play the back tees usually wherever I go and this one was a true test. must drive it well and long. the course was in really good shape, the greens could use some care. they just had some weeds growing that would occassionally throw your ball off line. they putted decent and were smooth but not as smooth as they could be with a little care. so i was on the driving range before the round hitting balls and someone took the key out of my cart. i think because there are no starters or rangers during the week, someone swiped my key and went and got a cart and teed off. pretty thrifty, i mean if they aren't gonna police their tee box, why not. they just give you a key and tell you to go whenever. i wonder how many people are doing this and not paying for golf.