Pine Glen at Sycuan Resort

Back (W) 54 2508 yards 55.3 0
Front 54 2198 yards 52.3 0
Front (W) 54 2198 yards 54.1 0

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is at a resort worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for walkers beginners locals   Challenges include undulating greens bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Sharpen your skills"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

Solid little executive course to get your short game tuned up for the season, or just to practice shorter par 3's

"Pat 3"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

It's a nice par three.. easy pace since you know the course is short so there's no rush to get done . Greens and fairways are good.

"Par Three for Days"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Good course, par 3's only, the two groups in front of us were walking so slowly. Never saw a drink cart go by which was a bust but overall good experience!

dickpatrick's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

"Beautiful course, great value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2017

Well kept greens and fairway. Pace of play was excellent. Likely the best executive par 3 course out there!

"Great short course!"

Byrdman65's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2017

This is a great 18 hole short course! Nice, mature tree-lined fairways, good greens with a lot of contour and slope. Played in 3 hours walking. Great value!

"Pune glen good for beginners"

dagibson72's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2016

Good beginners course or a good warm up for a real round. Decent variation of length with some under 100 yards and a few over 200. I took my niece for her first golf round here and she thoroughly enjoyed it. I then played a round at willow glen at s very economical replay rate. Pu would do it again. (Plus good restaurant and practice facility)

"Pine Glenn"

ss487dad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2016

Course was in fantastic shape! Greens, fairways, tee grounds..all a+.

"Excellent"

u000002612011's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2016

We enjoy this course and will return!

"Great course to walk"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2016

With my wife just starting to play golf back in October this is a perfect course for her. I think it's a great course to work on my short game and my long irons.

"Pine"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played the White tees (2198/52.3) using Forelinx. Played in 2H with my son and we did not finish due to darkness. The weather sunny, in the 70's and breezy. It was $25 for my son to play. Every hole is surrounded by mature trees. Good mixture of distances, I used middle irons on several holes even though the majority of the holes are pitching wedge or less. Decent layout for a parkland style par 3 course. The tees are less than average. Some are winter thin, some are like playing out of the rough. Most had severe divot damage and were in need of divot repair. Many are not level. The blue markers were not even out for my 3rd straight visit here? The fairways and the rough are not that significant on a par 3 course. My overall rating for this course will be higher because they were both in good condition, getting ratings in the 5/6 range. However, the parts of the course that matter are more like a 4. There is only 1 sand trap on the 18 holes, and it looked to be in decent condition. The greens are poor. Very bumpy poa annua with tons of ball marks. They are firm, putted medium speed and held well struck irons well. A couple greens actually had oak tree roots growing up through areas you would be putting over and many greens had bare spots. This is a good course for walkers & beginners, short/flat. Quick efficient check-in, customer service very good. No GPS on the carts. No Drink cart today. They obviously put much less emphasis into maintaining Pine Glen than they do to to the Oak/Willow regulation length sister courses. Recommended = No, the tees and greens need radical improvement.

"Sycuan Pine Glen"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/16/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather

Round 3 of my "Sycuan Day" was back to the par 3 course. Played the White tees (2198/52.3) in 1H using Forelinx. Did not finish due to darkness, the weather was breezy and getting cold as the sun went down.

A few of the the tees looked like they had been mowed from the previous day but were still long. The rest were like playing out of the rough. And a few were like playing from deep rough. All had severe divot damage and were in need of divot repair. Most of the markers appeared to be in the same place as the previous day, so more regular rotation of the markers is definitely needed. They still did not have the Blue tees out, which meant every single person was playing the Whites and chewing them up even more.

The fairways and the rough are not as significant on a par 3 course as a regulation course. My overall course rating will be inflated because they were both semi lush and in good condition getting a 6/10 rating. However, the parts of the course that matter are more like a 3.5/10.

I only remember seeing 1 sand trap on the 18 holes, and it looked to be in good condition.

The greens are poor. Very bumpy poa annua with tons of ball marks. They are firm and held well struck irons well, putting medium fast. A couple greens actually had oak tree roots growing up through areas you would be putting over and many greens had some bare spots. The condition of these greens typify why I usually stay away from short courses.

Decent layout for a parkland style par 3 course. Every hole is surrounded by mature trees. Good mixture of distances, I used middle irons on several holes even though the majority of the holes are pitching wedge or less. This is a good course for walkers & beginners, short/flat. Quick efficient check-in, customer service a + and the carts had good GPS. Drink cart out patrolling.

However, despite some positives... they obviously put only a small amount of the effort into maintaining Pine Glen that they do to in it's two regulation length sister courses. Recommended = No, the tees and greens need radical improvement.

"Pine Glen"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Played the White tees (2198/52.3) in 1H, 45M using Forelinx. The weather was breezy and in the 60's.

The tees had not been mowed in several days and were like playing out of light rough. All had severe divot damage, were in need of divot repair and more regular rotation of the markers. Speaking of the markers, they did not even have the Blues out, which meant every single person was playing the Whites. Not a huge difference difficulty wise, 310 extra yards, but it meant the White tees were getting even more chewed up.

The fairways and the rough don't matter that much since it's a par 3 course. The overall course rating will be inflated because they were both semi lush and in good condition.

I only saw 1 sand trap, and it looked to be in good condition.

The greens were poor. These greens typified why I usually stay away from short courses. Very bumpy poa annua with tons of ball marks. They were firm and held well struck irons well and putted medium fast, but a 20' putt could bounce in 2-3 different directions on the way to the hole. Additionally, a couple greens actually had oak tree roots growing up through areas you would be putting over and many greens had some bare spots.

Okay layout for a par 3 course, every hole is surrounded by mature trees. Good mixture of distances, I used a 4 to 6 iron on several holes even though the majority of the holes are pitching wedge or less. Good course for walkers. Recommended? Probably not unless they improved the greens and tees.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"pine glen is great for walkers"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2015

Really great greens. The price is nice. I usually walk it for nine dollars. You can't beat that. Takes me less than three hours walking. It's nestled between some hills so it's quiet and private not like other courses that have joggers around the course. It's next to two other great courses in El Cajon, CA. Cottonwood golf club, and Steele Canyon golf club. I am so lucky because i live within five miles of three great golf courses. Sycuan golf resort too. It rocks!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Nice outing"

uEQFU2343EQ's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The best part was pace of play.We were the only golfers playing.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Good Afternoon Playing with my Grandson"

hopj545's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Good course to practice your iron play. Yardages ranged from 80 to 200+. Greens were in great condition and held shots well.

"Boys day out"

mancubb50's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Fair weather

Relaxing, beautiful, and just a great get away. Great getaway from the our lovely wives. A great stress reliever. Can't wait to do it again.

"great executive"

Brian4105035's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2015

love this place nice simple, good greens. but the staff needs to smile more and be more friendly. I don't blame them they had to wear pink polos lol

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"LOVED IT!"

jjohnson's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This was a fantastic course. Starting from the guy in the pro shop. He was very nice. He even let me play barefoot and my buddy with sandals! Had to get rid of that golf shoe tan!! My buddy and I usually play from the tips so we were disappointed that their was only one set of tees. Only downfall of the whole day. Anyways, starting from the first hole we knew we were in for a treat. On the first hole, my buddy played a baby draw with his 8 iron from 168 yards out and landed it about 12 feet from the pin. He stayed below the hole which was nice. Since I am a lefty I decided that because the pin was tucked back left I needed to play a fade. The only problem was that I did not know if I should go for a baby fade or a power fade. I ended up going with the power fade which is my natural shot shape. I missed the green left and short sided myself which everyone knows is a tough up and down. I ended up making the up and down by flopping my second shot to within 8 feet. I played the putt left edge and it rolled right on in. Over the next 17 holes my buddy and I played a variety of shots that worked well hitting into these tricky but very nice greens. On one hole my buddy choked down on his 9 iron and played a three quarter cut knockdown that one hop and stopped three feet from the pin that was tucked in the back right up on the last tier. On the 18th hole a tree was guarding the front right pin location. For a lefty the shot called for a power draw but I instead decided to go over the tree with a baby fade. I played it to perfection and it ended up 8 feet above the hole. Overall I shot 59 (5 over) and my buddy shot 63 (9 over). Does anyone know what the course record was here? I feel like I had to have been close to breaking or atleast tying it.

"Challenging par 3 golf course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Pine Glen is a great par 3 course. As a woman, I was able to use a good variety of clubs. My husband got to hone his iron skills. The first time we played there, we had a cart. We easily walked the course the next time we played there, just used a push cart for our clubs.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent