Old South Golf Links

Style: Links

Caddies: No

Metal spikes allowed: Yes
Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. No cutoffs, gym or jogging shorts, bathing suits, tank tops, halter or tube tops, tee shirts and blue jeans or any other denim.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Average Rating 4.3 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole scenic views

"Some easy holes, some really hard holes."

tigerteez's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/28/2031

Played course for first time because of GolfNow rates. Nice layout. Greens rolled true and were a good speed - not too fast. Holes near the marsh were more difficult due to constant wind. Will likely play again.

"Great Value & Good Condition"

Sjl78's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

Came all the way from Scotland, course was excellent given the green fee that I paid, superb value and some memorable holes such as 7, 8 and 16.

Would highly recommend, having played all the course at Sea Pines this is a match for much less.

"Great day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2017

Friendly staff. Layout was fun, great views on the last few holes in the back 9. Pace of play was great.

Response from Old South on 06/19/2017:

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed the views on the back nine and that the pace of play was up to your expectations. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

"Wonderful day on terrific course"

kunzel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

We had a great day. Beautiful layout. Well maintained. Every hole different. Would recommend for ladies to play the green, as The reds are too short. When we're back we will definitely play this course again.

Response from Old South on 06/16/2017:

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the great feedback regarding the ladies tees. Can't wait to have you back with us!

"Best value in HH area"

plugged88's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

This is the only course I play whenever I'm in HH. Overall very good condition. The greens are a bit slow but roll true. Enough challenge to use every club in the bag.

Response from Old South on 06/12/2017:

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the kind words regarding us being the only course you play when you visit, we really appreciate it. Can't wait to have you back with us next year!

"Old South Delivers"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Course is in great shape . There are some really picturesque holes . Greens in nice shape . Pace of play is good . Customer service is top notch . This is a solid 4 and a half star course . I would definitely play here again and I recommend it .

Response from Old South on 06/12/2017:

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the pace of play and our great staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to have you back next year.

"JFK"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Nice challenge. However, another set of tees seem to be needed. Blues 6354 which is a little of a stretch for 15+ handicaps and White at 5779 lacked some distance. A set around 6000 yds would be great.

course was in very good condition...other than the greens that were a little fuzzy, but consistent..

Response from Old South on 06/12/2017:

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the suggestions regarding the second set of tees, we will discuss this further and see if we can come up with a solution. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Old South on 06/16/2017:

Thanks for the 5 star review! We really appreciate it!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Response from Old South on 06/16/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review!

"Great course, great value"

rmmastersjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

One of the best at HH for the average golfers. My wife and I love this course. The views and environment are as good as they come, and the pricing via Golf Now is a real value. .

Response from Old South on 06/16/2017:

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you and your wife love playing Old South when you are in town. We really appreciate the review and can't wait to have you back again next year.

"Late afternoon round"

BarryLevy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Played behind 4 senior women and 4 senior men late afternoon. All teeing off on 10 when no one was on 1 and nobody coming up 18 to start on 1. Would not even consider putting us on 1 to start. We could have started on 1 with no problem and avoided a 4 hour and 1/2 hour round. . Course is great. Condition is great. Starter could have had an open mind and considered why we proposed. it's easy to just say "no" .

Response from Old South on 06/07/2017:

We appreciate the review. During the summer months we do a double tee so that all groups can avoid a long round during the heat of the day. We would not have your group tee off on the other side do to other groups making the turn. A 4 four and 15 min round is the norm for courses in Hilton Head area as most courses are extremely busy during the peak season. We appreciate your patience and hope to see you again in the near future.

"Excellent course for all levels of golfers"

rmmastersjr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Old South was in great shape and the natural course environment makes it a pleasure to play. My only suggestion would be the addition of "friendly tees" like we have in The Villages, FL--these forward tees (about 4300-4500) give seniors (especially women) who are straight, but shorter, hitters a chance to reach the greens in regulation.

Also (for some reason) the course charged me the full Golf Now cost without crediting the amount that Golf Now had already charged my card??

Response from Old South on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for the review and suggestions regarding the advance tee options. We will take a look and see if there is anything we can do. Old South has an elevated marketing and revenue service through GolfNow where 5% of the tee time rate is due at the time of booking & 95% is due in proshop tax is also not included. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Commented on 06/07/2017

Disregard my initial comment on the double billing. The Golf Now/Old South charges were correct!

"Great views"

Jeff0806's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course, enjoyed the fact that many holes have no homes on them. Very natural setting. Challenging with a few forced carries to a fairway before another carry to the green. Several holes with water views. Lot of birds - cardinals and bluejays on the course.

Response from Old South on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the course layout and our great scenery and wildlife. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Great Vacation Experience"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

After I told my Florida golfing group that I was going to Hilton Head, four of them independently recommended Old South Golf Links. They were correct. Course was nice, played on a Saturday 1130 in about 3.5 hours. Staff was super friendly and informative from cart staff, check in, and starter. Enjoyed it!

Response from Old South on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate you listening to your friends and their great recommendation. Thanks again for the great review and we hope to see you again next year.

"Favorite course in Hilton Head"

IBJPJM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

I play golf all over the US and abroad and I feel that Old South maybe the best bang for you buck anywhere. Great layout ,great conditions with great staff for $50 unbelievable! Old South was my favorite Hilton Head course over 20 years ago and still is today

Response from Old South on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for the fantastic review! We love being your number one course in Hilton Head for so many year. We appreciate the great feedback and can't wait to have you back at the course.

"Good public course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Good public course but no ranger so foursome who had played back nine first spent FOREVER playing front nine in front of us. Several forced carries across marsh so better be able to play if you are here but beautiful views.

Response from Old South on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the review. We do have a ranger but only for our morning tee times, we appreciate you notifying us of the situation and we will take a look at a full time ranger. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again next year.

"Very nice track for the fee"

pdf146's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Fairways, bunkers and greens were all in fine shape. Some degree of thinking is necessary to get thru various holes.....Wwme look forward to playing this course again.

Response from Old South on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the review. This is definitely a thinking man's course and we are glad you were able to conquer it! Can't wait to have you back with us.

"Favorite course on Hilton head"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

The course is absolutely beautiful, marsh and woodland views, challenging but fair. Greens and fairways in excellent condition, staff was really friendly and helpful. Played in 3 1/2 hours. Enjoyed some of the holes which required layups from the tee and water carries .

Response from Old South on 06/02/2017:

Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course layout and beautiful views of the low country. We appreciate the review and can't wait to have you back.

"Pretty Nice"

u604120343's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

Better layout and conditions than I was expecting. A few boring holes but a number of interesting holes bordering the marshes which had great views (albeit somewhat gimmicky designs). Decent greens, more interesting holes than not, fair price, overall very good experience.

Response from Old South on 05/30/2017:

Thank you for the great review.We are glad you enjoyed the course layout today and our fair prices. We appreciate the feedback and can't wait to have you back with us.

"Thumbs up"

tfoll425's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

Really enjoyed the a little wet due to recent rain but the greens rolled well with pretty consisant speed would play again. Cafe prices very reasonable IPA less than $5

Response from Old South on 05/30/2017:

Thanks for the review. We are glad that the weather did not discourage your game today. We hope you enjoyed your round today and the great prices in the grill room.