Old South Golf Links

Style: Links

Caddies: No

Metal spikes allowed: Yes
Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. No cutoffs, gym or jogging shorts, bathing suits, tank tops, halter or tube tops, tee shirts and blue jeans or any other denim.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.3 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole scenic views

"Early morning treat"

u137012082's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Got there early for a 8:12am tee off with basically no one around except on the practice tee - I love golfing early and had the place to myself once I caught up to a foursome in front of me at the 7th. Golfers were lined up at the first tee when I was finishing around 11:30. Picture perfect course with awesome scenery on the Sound area - it was a real treat not to have houses lining every hole. Nice mix of some real challenging holes and greens ran consistent. It was in good shape and well maintained. First time in SC and for the price, wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend to anyone!

"GPC & HJK Road Trip"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

A true gem off Hilton Head Island. Much better condition than Sea Pines Atlantic Dunes. Fair price, friendly & H see lpful staff. Cindy an excellent provider at the food concession. Breakfast was excellent.

"old south"

marypar4's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

Wonderful course...one of our favorites on Hilton Head. Course is always in great condition.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "marypar4 " Thanks for the great compliment. We appreciate having you back with us each year. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for some great golf specials.

"Beautiful course. Played inconsistently in spots"

Steinhardt152's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

First of all, great course and great deal.

Course played very nicely, there were a few spots that were very dry. So that the fairway was very hard. There were also a few spots around the greens that were soaking wet, even though it hadn't rained in at least 5 days. Not a big deal at all, greens were awesome and tee boxes were mostly in great shape. Would happily play there again.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "Steinhardt152" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Best course for the money: 10 minutes off HHI"

Sam2311925's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Staying on HHI? You should definetly drive the extra 20 minutes to Bluffton and play this course. I only review courses when I think I've found a gem worth playing. Was able to score a steal of a deal on golf now. Majority of the courses on the island are tight and tree lined, with views of houses...and more houses. This course is out in the dunes and marshlands of the sound, absolutely gorgeous and peaceful with some stunning views. Wide open mostly, and average golfers can score well here. Some tee shots require thought, knowing not to hit driver and play smart. Course was in perfect condition, though greens were a touch slow. HIGHLY RECCOMEND. play this and Hilton Head National to get away from tight fairways and houses.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "Sam2311925" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review. We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you again next year.

bdimitroff's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Great layout with some challenging holes! Plenty of difficulty with water and hazards. Some very challenging doglegs requiring forced carries on both tee and approach shot. Some of everything - tight holes, open holes, straight par 5's, short dogleg without hazards (but required good tee shot), big greens, small greens, flat greens and undulating greens.

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "bdimitroff" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course and hope it wasn't too challenging for you. Thanks for the great feedback!

"Nice surprise"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Played the course a few years ago and was disappointed by conditioning. Not so this year, as the course was in terrific shape for this time of year. Only slight negative was the greens were a little slow, but rolled true and were in great shape. Very nice layout and great welcome by all staff. Played in just over 4 hours.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Hi "u185539186" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course layout and your speedy round with us. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again next year.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

Very much enjoyed this course. Two of us golfed starting at 12:44 and played 18 in just under 4 hours. Great value at this time of day

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "u962903981" Thanks for the great review. We hope you enjoyed your speedy round with us, please come back and see us again.

"This was an exception experience."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2017

From the time we pulled into the club the staff was very friendly and informative. The golf course was in immaculate condition from the tee to the greens, they were pure. I would highly recommend this golf course to a high handicap to minus handicap, very special experience and great value

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "u9227707" Thanks for the great review. We will definitely pass along the kind words regarding our course conditions and excellent staff. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Great value nobody knows about"

Keith0709's avatar
Georgia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

What an increadable day today at Old South golf links. Played here today and really enjoyed the course a lot. On my visit to Hilton Head we played 4 courses I I thought this was the best " value" course. The course winds through the marshland and gives a very southern feel especially on the southern marshland. The buetifuel mossy oaks where great and loved the conditions. There where lots of tough holes only having 2 birdies I felt it. But man was the stretch of 16,16,17,18 great. 17 was my favorite par 3 on the trip.

The facilities are very nice and the grass driving range was well manacured and the putting green was fast. The marshalls were nice and very helpful. I really enjoyed the unique clubhouse and the island green you hit to, to try to get a free round. The gators on this course are everywhere so always be heads up and looking where your going especially near the marshland.

Overall I felt that it was a great value and highly reccomend it on your next trip to Hilton head.

Commented on 04/18/2017

Hi "Keith0709" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your trip to the lowcountry. The course is in great shape right now and we are so glad you enjoyed it. Please come back and see us again on your next trip.

"Old South - Lush and 'out there'"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Save the best for last is cliche but works here fore us. Old South was lush and a welcomed non golf community setting, save a few homes on the back 9. This is what I refer to as an "out there" experience. No condos, no traffic, no schools, no community. Just get out there and enjoy the pristine conditions. Our only complaint was that the greens, although in good condition, were extremely slow in comparison to the previous tracks played on Hilton Head Island proper.

We enjoyed our day with this well designed and welcoming track

Commented on 04/24/2017

Hi "u00000576841" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you were able to save the best course on the Island for last. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again next year.

"Solid course"

u000006194299's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Great layout. Slow greens. Real slow. But still worth the visit

Commented on 04/20/2017

Hi "u000006194299" Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your day with us. Please come visit us again on your next trip to the island.

"Nice Lush Course"

thecrees's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

We enjoyed our day at Old South. So far this has been our best bang for our buck in the Hilton Head area.

Course was lush, greens were great. Not real fast but not real slow.

Commented on 04/18/2017

Hi "thecrees" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your round while you were in town. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Good golf value"

FordRanger's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

Course has wide open faiways, greens are true, majority of holes are excellent. Mixed in are a few target holes. (Not a fan) overall a very good value!

Commented on 04/10/2017

Hi "FordRanger" Thanks for the great review. We hope you enjoyed the course today, please come back and see us again next year.

"Friendly course staff"

tommy2tie's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

Great day for golf for first nine holes.The back nine was a dead stop with no ranger in sight.Asked at bag drop and attendant had no reason why.Well someone should it took so long ;were you letting people off the back?.Not happy!

Commented on 04/12/2017

Hi "tommy2tie" Thanks for playing Old South Golf Links. We regret you had an issue with slow play but a ranger was on the course all day. We do not let groups “cut in” on #10. If there was a temporary delay he may have been patrolling another area. Please come back and if you ever have an issue like this, call the golf shop and they can radio the ranger to respond to the delay

"Great course, great value!"

Srinks's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017

Want to play a Hilton Head quality course for much less cost? This is the place to play. Just a 1/2 mile or so off island, great facility, great course, friendly staff. We have played here once a year since it opened, and have never been disappointed.

Commented on 04/10/2017

Hi "Srinks" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you coming back to see us each year! Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for some great golf specials.

"Fun Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Very nice experience shape of course not what I expected but overall would play it again

Commented on 04/05/2017

Hi "u979278293" Thank you for the 5 star review. The course is currently going through its transition stage into the hotter summer month. We appreciate the review and hope to see you again next year.

"Worth playing."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2017

We have played this course multiple times over the years. The course has some very challenging holes that keep you on your toes. We will play it again when we visit.

Commented on 04/05/2017

Hi "u00000626238" Thanks for the great review. We appreciate the great review and are so glad you enjoyed the course today. Please come back and visit us again next year.

"Beautiful course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Challenging but beautiful course with great views on several holes. Staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

Commented on 04/05/2017

Hi "u000004707801" Thanks for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the scenic golf views and our wonderful staff. Don't forget to visit us again next year on your next trip down to the Island.

"Not a luxurious course - but had character"

hounam's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

I decided to play Old South after a recommendation from a friend. It was end of March and all I really knew about it was it was in the marshes and had some interesting scenery. Overall the course seemed pretty wide open. There were certainly a few holes where course management & shot strategy had to come into play; however if it weren't for using the GPS app on my phone I wouldn't have known this. There's not much there to guide you thru the hole layouts, etc... Anyway - most of the fairways still will covered in dormant grass which was disappointing, however the greens were in good shape. The course did have some interesting carry shots over marsh land and a few holes did have a beautiful scenic view of the area marshlands.

Overall, this probably won't be my favorite course in the area but it has character and was worth a try.

Commented on 03/27/2017

Hi "hounam" Thanks for your honest review. The course did receive a very drastic cold front a few weeks ago. This impacted mush of the fairways and greens. We appreciate your patience as the course is finally transitioning into summer. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for some excellent golf specials.