Eagle Crest Golf Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire required – collared shirt, no denim. Length of shorts must be between knee and 4 inches above.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Eagle Crest is coming back!"

Sabstn81's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I play here all the time. The maintenance has stepped up their game and the progress is noticeable. Especially right now that it's 90-100 degrees. #8 used to be barren and now it's a field of green. Yes, there is work to be done, but it's exciting to see the changes and I'll continue playing here because the layout is pretty awesome.

"Nice layout, poor shape"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Course has a great layout, a lot of options other than just hitting driver on every hole. Condition of the course was very poor. Greens were in terrible shape and very little grass in the fairway. For what I paid, less than $20 on a Saturday, that was about what it was worth. Would come back in the future if they found a solution to their poor greens.

"Challenging from beginning to the end"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

The course is in great shape for this time of the year(end of summer)

I play the course twice before and always has been a pleasure to take his challenge

Robert1996547's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course could use a bit more water on fairways. Some brown spots on greens, but they were basically soft and rolled well. New management group is trying to turn things around and course is very pretty in its location. Reminds me a bit of Mt. Woodson.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/25/2017:

Thanks, Robert for your 3-star review of Eagle Crest Golf Club. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Understand it's summer in SoCal...but"

chrisphillips1988's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

The course was in poor condition. Tee boxes were in decent shape, fairways were in horrible shape, and greens were not in much better shape. Best thing I can say...the staff was professional and the pace of play was terrific.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thanks, chrisphillips1988 for your review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we apologize for the conditions as we are working hard on getting everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again very soon once we have has made all the great changes to the course.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thank you jkimanyuser for the review of our golf course. We hope you will let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Fun course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

I really like this course. Pace of play is great .. I'll go back

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you so much for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon for more of the best golf in San Diego, California.

dsullivan16's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you so much for your 3-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are so happy you had a good time on the course and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Get what you pay for"

Statmaster's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

Played in April and May and course looked to be improving. This trip, the fairways are in serious need of water. More brown batches than green. Greens are OK, a little on the slow side. Tee boxes are in need of work, as some are patchy at best.

You get what you pay for (if you snag a hot deal), but paying more than $25 for this track is too much.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you so much for your 3-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are aware of the dry conditions and are working to rectify this. Please come back and see us again very soon with all the new changes to the course.

"Grass is becoming rare"

forrest4685647's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Hoping it's just a bad time of year for this course and not a sign that it will be closing. I used to play here a lot and enjoy the layout. Please get it back in shape.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course and we appreciate you letting us know. Please come back and see us again once we have had time to update the course and get it back up to par.

"Golfing in a Donkey Patch"

Rbelbin's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017

This is a terrible course. Here is a run-down of our day for 3 decent golfers (handi-cap index 3.5, 10, 14).

- Private, gated course and no clear way as to how to get into the gated area. We had to sneak in behind another car.

- Shoddy, sad 'clubhouse' is more like a temporary sales trailer

- Gentleman checking us in couldn't be bothered to stop his conversation on his cell phone to say good morning or welcome.

- Ladies washroom was FILTHY!!!!! (hovering required). The paper towel holder was jammed up so I had to use TP to dry my hands.

- Greens were shaggy and slow

- 'fairways' were frequently patches of dirt. At least 4 times each of us struggled to find a patch of green to hit off of.

- Tee boxes were frequently just patches of dirt. They were also very uneven.

- bunkers were filled with small rocks and 'sand' was more like contractor grade fill. Several times we removed our balls from the 'sand' b/c we didn't want to damage our wedges

- it's just sad... seems like no money has been put into it in 10+ years. So many other golf courses that one can play.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with helpful feedback. We're sorry to hear about your disappointing experience here. We're currently working hard to improve conditions, but we understand your frustration. We hope you will return in the future to see the great strides we've made.

"Dirty and Dry"

Santuckee's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

I've played this course a few times , haven't been there in almost 10 years it's a shame such a beautiful course can turn into such a ratty looking mess, . Tee boxes were horrid, some were dirt. the greens were slow and shaggy like a pitch and putt. I can't recommend this course to anyone it's just too bad of shape and there's too many other courses the play that have green grass and not dirt fairways. I really hope they can turn around and turn it back to what it once was, I was very disappointed

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thanks, Santuckee for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course as we are working hard on getting everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon once all the new changes have had a chance to settle in.

Sam2076978's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for the four-star rating!

"Understand What You Are Getting Into"

Sportnlyf's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I enjoyed my round and can recommend it to others as long as I let them know what they are getting into. The shop staff and course design/layout is excellent, but the course conditions are as poor as any course in the area making it fine for a practice round but lousy for a serious game. They have recently changed maintenance contractors, but that is not the real issue as course maintenance needs more than a tune-up, it needs an overhaul as a result of long deferred upkeep and maintenance. The bunkers have long needed sand replenishment and many have serious drainage issues such as the one on nine that is a pond. The irrigation system is faulty, resulting in significant areas of the fairways such as number 1 and 3 having bare dirt where turf should exist and most have large brown spots. Even some of the tee boxes are in very poor shape. Most water features are overgrown with cattails. The greens are fair to good. Despite all of these negatives and because there is so little traffic, it is a good place to work on your game if you understand that many shots are going to require that you bump your ball to get some grass under the ball and this includes many of the primary landing areas. Sadly, and like many courses in the area, it needs more work than the economics of the situation will support. If you go there without understanding what you are getting into relative to course condition you will be disappointed with everything but the friendly and helpful staff.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We understand that conditions are not currently optimal and we're working hard to improve. We appreciate the feedback and we hope you have a wonderful day!

"are u serious ?"

billybobjackaroo's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I live on the course and frequent the putting green. I also just walk the course so I see almost everyday any progress. this place has every excuse as to why the place looks so ragged. For years neglect and laziness have taken a toll on a once nice course. The owners and management team look at the same problems every time they are there playing golf with their friends and the same lies are told about how the course is being worked on. Trees are cut or blown over from a lack of water and left. water ponds are drying up since the liners are never fixed and people always fishing in them and cattails that are never trimmed out. Walkways never edged. t boxes dry fairways patchy brown. Traps are rocky the rough is just that hard dry brown grass or just dirt. don't use a club to find a ball ob since every thing is soo dry you might start a fire so bring some water if you have the nerve to play here. Just remember the owners and management don't care about your complaints they just want your money.

"Midweek"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

I enjoy playing around 10am during the week, it's wide open and you can enjoy your own pace and work on your game . Keep up the hot deal rates and I'll keep coming for sure.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 07/28/2017:

Thanks for the 4-star review and we are thrilled pace of play was good. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"good signature hole"

jr69jr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

couse has a good layout and some good holes. unfortunatly a lot of burnt out areas that made it difficult to play. greens were very good but just a tad slow but not going to complain about that, they held any shot , if they can get their fairways back its a good track

"Do Not Play This Course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

No water coolers on the course and it was 100 degrees. One person running the clubhouse and can't put out the coolers.

Course burned out even though the lakes are full.

Greens are extremely long and bumpy.

No plans to put any money back into the course.

To play at Eagle Crest means all your money goes to the Corporation, not the course.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 07/11/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and apologize for the course conditions as our staff is working hard on getting everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon when all the new changes have settled in.

"Needs improvements"

ptrivino's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I have to say I am disappointed with Eagle Crest. It's in a great spot, winding through what looks like a nice gated community, and it has the potential to be very nice. I can see that they DO work on it, the greens are nice and some of the traps are good. But the fairways are in poor shape - mostly they seem to need water but also some rehab work. Many yardage markers and ball washers are missing and at least one lake is drained. If I see from these and other reviews that folks see improvement, I'd go back, but until then I'll pass.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 07/05/2017:

Thank you ptrivino for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the course conditions, as our staff is working very hard to get everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again soon, once all the new changes have had time to settle in.

"Course is in bad condition. No upkeep"

jonnycd's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I did not feel we got a round worth $42. The course is in really bad shape. Furthermore the staff are not evn maintaining the easiest things. It was quite hot and they have water coolers throughout the course, but every single one was empty!. That is the easiest and cheapest thing they could do and yet it wasn't done. Furthermore the food from the snackbar was subpar. Not going back here unless there are some drastic changes.

Response from Eagle Crest Golf Club on 07/28/2017:

Thanks, jonnycd for the review. Our staff is working hard on course conditions and we hope you will come back and see us again soon with all the new changes in place.