Tidewater Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Green (W) 72 5734 yards 67.7 123

Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers group getaways   Challenges include bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks

"Fantastic!"

cocky46's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Just returned from our annual Myrtle Beach Golf trip (07/28-07/31/ 2017) having played Tidewater on 07/29/2017. We had played Tidewater about 15 years ago loving it then and now loving it even more. The Myrtle Beach area has not been getting rain this summer but the course was beautiful and in great shape. The staff members were friendly, good humored, polite, and great to interact with. Every hole is a delight with many having beautiful views. This course cost more than most in the MB area but it is worth it and you should treat yourself to this beauty. The carts have a great and accurate GPS system that makes you wish they all did. If you are going to the MB are to play golf make this a must to play. I loved it and think you will too!

"Many good holes...and memories!!"

LarryNoli's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

This was a beautiful, well designed course that showed it's natural beauty! I posted a 74 from white tees and drove it poorly on 2 holes-back to back....on 5 I paid the price and had a DB and on 6 I hit the same shaped shot (right) but the bushes kicked it out and I made par. I did not miss any other fairways thus I loved the course-had I drove it poorly I'm sure I'd have another opinion! My wife really enjoyed it and although she is a barely a sub 100 player, she found it playable for her. There were so many design variations....a few of them seemed boring( 5 & 6) after some of the other holes (we played back 9 first) but it was all good! Greens were at about a 10 and fairways were pure. The starter was great and very informative of the policies. The shop staff was extremely cordial and beverage gals were smokin' ! . It needs to be played by anyone playing MB courses!

"Pleasant Experience"

lcbgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017

Everyone at this course was pleasant. Especially the starters. The course was in good shape, however, the greens were a bit slow. All the carts have GPS, which really enhanced the experience. They tee off on both nines, so if you play fast golf, you are waiting at the turn.

"Roll Tide!"

JackStraw6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Nice layout. Bunch of tough par 4's over 400 with wind(it's by the ocean so count on it). There are some shorter ones too so that ain't so bad. The 5's were more to my liking. All 3 shot holes for me but manageable. The 3's were all mid-iron at 140- 175 yds. Most of the HUGE undulating greens were well guarded with bunkers that required you to flight the ball in. They had just top dressed them and they were still fast so I imagine they'll be lightning quick at normal. Still, no complaints as they all rolled true and were in good shape. The only thing I can say bad about this course is the fringe around the greens were burned up.Don't know if someone who used to work there messed up and lowered the blade too much, or added the wrong fertilizer, but anything that rolled off the green kept rollin' rollin' rollin.. Also, they better get some rain or water on this place cause it was pretty dry. In fact, I was getting a lot of roll on the fairways. More than any course I've played down here. Not complaining, I welcomed it. Just a warning. In July and August it might burn up! I'd play here again.

"Excellent course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

Just got back from our annual beach golf trip. Played Tidewater, Thistle, and Farmstead. Tidewater is far and away the best course of the 3. The staff are super super friendly and accommodating. I can't stress this enough, especially after we experienced rudeness at Thistle and Farmstead. I got the feeling that they appreciated our business. I've played a lot of courses in the Myrtle Beach area, and Tidewater has far and away the best greens. There are spectacular views on the course, especially on #s 3 and 4 on the front 9 and on 12 and 13 on the back. Pace of play was a little longer than I would like. It took about 5 hours to play, but that is probably due to people taking time to enjoy the views. But overall, a great experience and this is now my new favorite course at Myrtle Beach.

"Very Good"

DouglasMcNulty33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played Tidewater a week after Hurricane Matthew hit and it was in very good condition. Greens were fast, just some trees uprooted and some of the debris was pushed in the areas surrounding fairways, but course was in a great shape all things considered . Just a few holes that soaked, I suggest you play this course if you can get on it.

"Tremendous Scenery and Condition"

durkindr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I have stayed in North Myrtle Beach for years and never played this course, but I'm sorry that I hadn't. This course is beautiful and the staff was very courteous and accommodating. It's pretty challenging, but it is fair. The fairways are pretty wide and some of the greens are elevated, but the mini verde grass on the greens is so good. The greens run pretty fast. There are some very pretty holes if you just stand on the tee and admire them. I will definitely play this course again.

"Tidewater"

Kpietrus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2016

My group had a fantastic round at Tidewater. Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in great shape. Nice practice/ warm-up facility. The layout is fair but challenging, and the scenery is beautiful. Staff was polite and helpful, food/drink was good. The wind on this particular day made things interesting, especially on the water holes.

Great course - worth the money.

"Still a Favorite of Mine"

prmbgolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The course is in incredible condition. There are a wide variety of holes including water views and tree lined inland holes. My personal favorites #12, #13, #16 #3 and #4. With all the rain the area has had, i'm amazed at the condition. Staff was great!

"This course has it all!"

Turtleshack's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

There's nothing worse then feeling like you're being pushed from behind. The starters keep the next up foursomes away from the 1st tee until the group in front has teed off. The course is designed around homes and condos. Some holes run along the Intercostal waterway and the Cherry Grove marsh. A beautiful setting. You'll never have one hole running alongside another which I absolutely love. The GPS in the carts are great for club selection as well as the Club itself as they can keep track of the pace and stray groups. The Marshall came to the rescue when a foursome had skipped some holes and ended up squeezed in behind us.<br/> We stayed in North Myrtle Beach for 3 weeks and played in Tidewater 9 times. Every time, the course was in impeccable condition. We have a home there and were able to purchase the Player's card which brought the cost down. Regardless, the course is worth every penny. The guys in the 'drop-off' clean your clubs for you and put them in your car. From the Pro-shop to the starters Tidewater is every bit of class. Country Club treatment.

"I think it is now the best in Myrtle Beach"

prmbgolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I played several courses on this trip all of them were very nice. Tidewater was my personal favorite and the standout. The new greens update and other changes they mentioned have paid off in an outstanding golf course.

Greens, fairways, bunkers all in excellent condition. The staff were professional and courteous.

They have 5 or 6 tees to choose from and I took the advice this time to play up a set of tees from my home course (If I wanted it to play more closely to what I am used to) The ranger was right I should have listened the first two times. I love a challenged but this time I really wanted to have some fun since this was a family golf outing not one with the boys.

Have fun playing Tidewater we will be back in the fall to play again.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Best in the immediate area without question"

714AP2guy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2015

Outstanding in every regard. Great conditions, true greens, friendly staff, big landing areas off of the tee, excellent food & beverage, solid practice tee, great views with 4 holes on the intracoastal waterway, updated carts with GPS, etc.

There is no downside in this golf complex at all. Plays long from the blues/blacks and fairly long from the white tees as well. Lots of tee options for players of varying skills and length.

You'll hit every club in your bag. Course conditions were outstanding; zero complaints.

Go play tidewater, this track will test you without question and however much of it you think you want to bite off. Enjoy your round there.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"One of the Best at Mrytle Beach"

junglecat1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Played Tidewater in a golf outing to Myrtle Beach. If you haven't played this golf course you need to. It is a must play if you are in the area. Always in excellent condition. A little pricey in season but may be able to find a deal in off season. Scenery is great.

"rude staff"

u307192052's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2015

Not a fan for the staff. We got rushed even though our pace of play wasn't holding anyone up. Had a 10:00 tee time and split into two groups a twosome and a foursome. The twosome had no one in front of them and after the first hole never saw them till we got to the turn. we ,the foursome never held anyone up and only saw the golfers behind us as we walked of #9 green. When we meet back at the turn the staff was all tore up and told us we had to split up into to two threesomes. Now any golfer knows two golfers can play a lot faster than four. Will not book this course in the future.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"The best golf course in north Myrtle Beach"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/2/2013

Amazing round of golf. The golf course was impressive, even with a little bit of sand on the greens. The holes near the water are beautiful and the staff is super friendly. You have to go play there. For the information, every player gets free golf balls (pro-v1 x) and the lunch. Didn't knew that when I booked.

"Over priced!!!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/28/2013

I would just sum this up as....extremely overrated and over priced!! A lot better courses on the beach than this.... would not recommend this to any of my buddies.

"course had 18 signature holes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/24/2013

It was a great vacation outing from the time we dropped off our clubs to the completion of lunch. Great friends,great weather, great course - priceless.

"Beautiful South Carolina Golf."

JAMES2337's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/17/2013

Well maintained, challenging shots. Lots of variety in club selection.

"Top 5 on the Strand"

BostonGolfTraveler's avatar
Boston Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2013
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

For years Tidewater has been a Top 5 course on the entire length. Even with the addition of TPC Myrtle Beach and the upgrades at Barefoot this course has withstood and continued to be one of the best. I would recommend Tidewater to anyone heading to the Myrtle Beach area as a must play when building your trip itinerary

Quality of food & beverage: Average