Southern Ridge Golf Club

Dress code: Collared shirt required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Copper 72 6406 yards 68.9 116
Silver (W) 72 5762 yards 71.9 114

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole specials

"great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

Slow at first but finally got around a fivesome. Should not be allowed on a golf course ever.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 12/04/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry to hear that there were more than four people in a group at a time. We hope you were still able to enjoy your round of golf once you went ahead of them. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Decent track for he money"

ozzyid's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017

Interesting layout with the 6 each par 3 par 4 par 5. Decent condition , usually great rate and nice folks. Good place to shake off the dust.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and that it was in good condition. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"OK but not great."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

The course was a bit under maintained but the staff really tired to do everything for you. I think they need a bit of maintenance.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope next time will be better.

"Poorly managed"

kfields747's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Had to wait for a cart to be vacated,then nobody set us out in a group,no starter,no ranger.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry that your golfing experience was short of satisfactory. We hope that you enjoyed your round, and we look forward to having you back in the future.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

The threesome in front of us had no idea how to play golf. One guy hit irons off every tee box and maybe went fifty yards

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southern Ridge Golf Club, in the Laveen area. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was a bit slow that day. We value your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"good course"

redskinsgw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

everything is in real good shape with the greens having been cut several times since the overseeding

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for the awesome five-star review! We are happy to hear that you found our course to be in good shape and that you had a great experience with us. Thanks for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Bathroom please"

Rubeni's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

I enjoyed the course, nice wide open fairways and easy to read greens or I'm getting good at my short game my one issue was the restrooms on the course, I got to the first one on the front nine and I couldn't unlock the door ( tried my cart key) used the only key I had. I thankfully made it to the club house. Other than that I had a great time.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course a four-star review! We are sorry to hear that our restrooms were not available, but we are glad that you enjoyed our course and had a good time. Thanks for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/27/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club in the Laveen, AZ area and for the amazing rating. We are extremely happy to see that you loved all aspects of our course during your round with us and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Only suggestion is a cart person"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

This is a beautifully designed golf course with a very friendly staff and a good course. My only complaint is there is never a cart person that comes around offering drinks. Perhaps they could start that.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/27/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern RIdge Golf Club located in the Laveen, AZ area and for the great rating. We apologize for the lack of a cart person, but are very happy to see that you had amazing time during your round with us due to our friendly staff and course layout. Thank you for recommending our course and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Nice Day on the Course"

artsdeal's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

Pro shop always friendly, chipping and putting in good shape, not much of a driving range, though they are working on it. The course was surprisingly in the best shape I have seen it for some time, making this a great deal for your money. Be aware of the layout as it has six par 3s, 4s and 5s. Normally not to busy so you can get in a quick round.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 12/08/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southern Ridge Golf Club in the Laveen, AZ area, and for the excellent rating. We love to hear that the course conditions and layout were the best that you had seen and we are working extremely hard to make sure they stay that way! Thank you for recommending our course and we hope to see you back again soon for another round!

"Looooong time since My last visit, I like it !"

MarkyVoftheCOP's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

Another Great value from GN & allowed Me to play a course I hadn't been to in a WHILE ! Off 90deg.rule, the course is looking NICE. Greens rolled very well & a couple of fine Gents that frequent the course say another level of cut on them then -WOW! Definately a flat course so it allows Good roll out on tee-shots & lush/thick rough provides nice lies all day. Green complexes are kinda' tough W/the undulation and enough slope to make them tricky.

I DEFFINATELY will B back as this course is FUN & on a Hot Deal is an Excellent bargain ! Thanks to Ms. Evette in the grill as She Iced My entire cooler of "beverages" in a snap at the turn, impressive as She looked busy. The "range" there is TRAGIC but did allow Me to loosen up B4 the round.THANKS !

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/27/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club and for the 4-stars. We love to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our course during your round with us! Thank you for recommending our course in the Laveen, AZ area and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

"Excellent for the price"

43anantrai's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Condition if fairly good.

Some of the fairways are very good, some are little bit dry.

for the price is a very good course

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course when you last played. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you again soon.

"Well worth the money"

Eckman1951's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Fairways and greens are great,edges are rough but you're not supposed to be there anyway.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/16/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Southern Ridge Golf Club, in the Laveen area. We are glad to hear that you found our fairways and greens to be in great shape. It sounds like you had a good experience with us, so we hope to see you out on our course soon!

"Hmmmm"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

It was a bad day, carts were dirty and had no gas, restaurant reeked as plumbers were busy, pro shop guy was friendly, helpful but was doing everything.

Play on the course was slow but for no real apparent reason.

All in all a bad day, but we will try again much later

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our course the other day. We hope that next time will have improved.

"Open fairway"

ratings2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

Fairways are wide, no water are in play.greens are in excellent condition, just need more grass on the first cuts.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club located in the Laveen, AZ area and for the 4-stars. We are ecstatic to hear that the greens and other course conditions were in their best shape that day. Thank you for recommending our course and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Good for the money this time of year"

georgekluegel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

The over seeding came in good. It is in much better condition, now that it has been overseeded. The fairways were good and the greens good but so far slow.

We played on Thursday, when there was a men's league playing, with a shotgun start, so it went a little slower than I like.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/08/2017:

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club in the Laveen, AZ area. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was unusually slow that day. however we do hope that the improved course conditions were able to make your round enjoyable. Thank you for recommending our course and we hope you give us another chance soon!

ron9930685's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Hi,thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club in the Laveen, AZ area and for the 4-stars. We love to see that you received a great value for the price you paid and enjoyed your round with us. Thank you for recommending our course and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Good value"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Good value for $21.

Layout is simple and straight forward, nothing difficult or overly challenging. Wide open and forgIving if you need some tee shot room. We ran into lots of standing water and muddy sections all over the course, so had to avoid that often. For the money, good value. If your looking for a easy course for either beginners or just some fun, good course for that. Pace was good as went out pretty early in the am.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/02/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Southern Ridge Golf Club, in the Laveen area, a three-star review. We are sorry to hear that our course may not have been in its best condition when you played. But, we are happy to hear that you liked our course layout and that it was good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you on the course!

"Straight Down the Middle"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017

This course won't really challenge the intermediate talent level but it is in good shape. If your looking for an opportunity to test out how straight you can drive, then this is your spot because the course looks and feels great. If your looking for more challenging terrain I'd try somewhere else. For a 12$ Hot Deal tho? Definitely worth the cash

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 11/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Southern Ridge Golf Club, in the Laveen area, a four-star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and that you found it to be in good shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you on the course.

"great shape"

redskinsgw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

the overseed is complete and the course is in great shape. the greens are slow but once they are cut will be excellent. greens were consistent and true.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 10/27/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Southern Ridge Golf Club in the Laveen, AZ area. We love to hear that you enjoyed our newly improved course conditions during your round with us and we hope to see you back playing with us again soon!