Villa de Paz Golf Course

• 4220 N 103rd Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85037, Maricopa County
  • www.villadepazgolf.com

Year built: 1976
Architect(s): Greg Nash (1976), Jeff Hardin (1976)
Type: Public
Style: Parkland
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: No tank tops or cutoffs.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Back 72 6641 yards 70.1 123
Middle 72 6181 yards 67.9 117
Champ (W) 72 6146 yards 73.3 125
Senior 72 5558 yards 65.6 109
Forward (W) 72 5458 yards 69.5 115

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole specials

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are sorry to hear that the pin placements were not in a good spot, but we are glad that you found our course in great shape. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Villa de Paz"

dkroege's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

I have played this course at least once each time I have come to Phoenix for my golf outing over the last four years....what makes me come back is the price ($17 plus tax and fees), the staff and especially I can get an early morning tee time, play by myself so I can play multiple balls, have a good time and be done by late morning. Greens are usually in good shape, tee boxes fair and the fairways are patchy at best but I still have kept coming back. Keep the price right and I will be back next year.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review! We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience with us the other day and that you found our greens in good shape. Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you again soon.

Hurley2856375's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout and had a good pace of play. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

I have played the course many times. It is a well kept course. Staff members are very friendly. Good food. It is always a good experience when I play there.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you found our course in good shape and that you found our staff friendly. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Disappointment"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

Tee boxes not cut, hard to find flat footing and divet ridden.... fairway condition hit and miss, a lot of places very short grass or none at all.... greens extremely poc marked due to no one repairing ball marks.... conditions around greens and cart paths poorly maintained.... overall a big disappointment...

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

"Get what you pay for."

bbuzz65's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Course is about what you expect for the cheapest price for a par 72 course. Greens were in great shape. The rest of the course playable but not great. Wanted to get out and play but didn’t want to have to pay the peak seasons big prices. Played the round in under 4 hours. The price was right,

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad that you found our greens in great shape and that the pace of play was satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/18/2018:

Hello John, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout and had an overall good experience with us. We appreciate you leaving us a rating, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Slow play, greens Ok"

tcca's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2018

The course has posted all over the clubhouse "Absolutely NO Fivesomes" (ya right)On the 3rd tee we had 4 groups stacked up and the front two were two groups of 5 members each that had zero concern for anybody but themselves in regards to pace of play. They had lots of empty holes a head of them. Turned in to a very long day. Greens were Ok but rest of overseed did not come in to well.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/12/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience regarding the pace of play the other day, but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout. We value your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Turn it around."

Davidnuanez24's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2018

I heard they have new owners so I’m sure this is why the course is in such bad shape. This use to be a pretty good course to play when you get out of work and get some swings in for a great price. Now your hoping you don’t scuff up your clubs. I just hope they can turn it around and get it back to decent playing shape.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/10/2018:

Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good round of golf with us the other day, but we assure you that we are working on making improvements to give you the best possible experience for next time. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

"Rude"

mrprice11's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

Arrived early to practice and noticed no one teeing off. I asked the young man if he can send us early feel free to. He responded I prepaid Hot deal so I can wait. Made it seem like he didn't care for my business.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 01/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

lylelavine's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 01/08/2018:

Hello Lyle, thank you for the three-star review. We hope you had an enjoyable golfing experience with us the other day. Thanks for visiting us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Don't arrive early:("

ironhead105's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

Our foursome waited approximately 40 minutes while the tee box was open. Starter would not let us go off early because we prepaid. We eventually got off 15 minutes early but it could have been almost an hour!!

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 01/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our course the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another chance by playing here soon.

Commented on 01/18/2018

had planned to play this course based on their own description. however, as a senior who plays multiple times per week, even with a prepaid deal these reviews convince me to stay away.

"Dry fairway"

amritha2002's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

Fairway is not green.But the putting field is very tricky .

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 01/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three stars. We are sorry to hear that you did not have the most enjoyable experience with us the other day, but we hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks for playing with us!

"Villa de paz"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

Was a decent course, a little pricey for what you get. Was a narrow course so definitely challenges you to hit straight.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 12/29/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us! We are sorry to hear that you did not find our course good value for your money, but we hope you enjoyed our course and had a fun time. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"What happened"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2017

I really have nothing good to say, the course is completely yellow/dormant, hard to find any decent fairway at all, more dirt than grass, greens ok but loaded with unfixed divots, course is so bad nobody cares, carts parked on/near green, mud everywhere, half the trees on the course are dead, the neighborhood is disgusting, either loud pounding music or dogs barking on most holes, geese, coots and pigeons all over so poop everywhere, there is absolutely no more pride left at this course and it's too bad, used to like playing here, I would like to say you get what you pay for but you dont

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 01/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you found our course to not be in the best shape when you played. We are currently experiencing issues with our irrigation system, but we are trying to get that fixed. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope that you will have a more pleasant experience next time you stop by.

"Nice Christmas eve round."

gibberisshy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2017

Was very nice except for the incredibly slow posers in front of us. They wouldn't tee off until group in front of them was on next box-even on a 525 yd hole. And these clowns couldn't hit 200. Really wish you had a marshal to push these guys.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 12/27/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry to hear that your round of golf was interrupted by a slow group in front of you. We hope you were still able to enjoy your round, and we hope to see you again soon.

majoyn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 12/26/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you found our staff friendly and our course good value for your money. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating, and we hope to see you again soon.

"fun day"

gomxracing's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I like it here, on off days or on slow days i can play through by myself and work on my game. .if you keep it in the fairways all is well, if you miss you may be playing from dirt.(not a huge deal) has some water holes,some fun par 5`s and all in all is a challenge to play. if the edges were manicured better it would get a lot better review. staff is cool, and when cart woman is there , she is very nice also. all in all a great deal for the money :)

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 12/26/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you had an overall enjoyable golfing experience with us the other day and that you found our course to be in good shape. Thanks for your feedback and the photos and we hope to have you back again soon.

"Great course for the value"

Jere8768558's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2017

Need to keep working and making look more attractive but little hard grounds

Overall ok had a good time

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 12/21/2017:

Hello Jere, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you had an overall good time with us the other day, and are sorry to hear that the course conditions were not up to par when you last played. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

ricksblacktie's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2017

Although the staff is super nice to my wife and I , the course fairways do need help, the layout, is good, the greens are OK, with all the dirt on both sides of the fairways the fairway grass should be cared for more, would change the look, and play completely. My wife and I will still keep going, but it is hard to get others to come back.

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 12/15/2017:

Hello Rick, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that our course was not in its best shape when you played, but we are glad that you enjoyed our course layout. Your feedback is important to us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.