Villa de Paz Golf Course

2.8819294118 2.9 stars from 5 (320)

• 4220 N 103rd Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85037, Maricopa County

Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: No tank tops or cutoffs.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Back 72 6641 yards 70.1 123
Middle 72 6181 yards 67.9 117
Champ (W) 72 6146 yards 73.3 125
Senior 72 5558 yards 65.6 109
Forward (W) 72 5458 yards 69.5 115

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole specials

"Course"

scottives's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Fun course. Hole four is challenging as it’s staight down then 90% left over water. Play it as a 3 shot to the green and an easy birdie. Winter grass just coming in. Greens are slow due to over seeding. Great way to spend the day, pricing is great. Would recommend this course for an enjoyable round

"Fair course, fair fee"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Course getting ready for overseeing. Drivers dream, putting nightmare. All in all a great course to enjoy and work on shot making.

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 10/02/2017:

Hello, thank you for giving our course, Villa De Paz Golf Course, in the Phoenix area, a three-star review. We are sorry to hear that our course was not in the best shape when you played. But, we are happy to know that you enjoyed our course layout and felt that it was good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll see you again soon.

"Always a good round for the value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Many courses in the AZ area are in transition season (thatching and changing to winter grasses), and this course in that transition now. However, I find that the thatched grass plays surprisingly well and I actually get a longer run-out and better lie than when the regular grass is growing. The greens continue to be in better condition than expected and roll pretty quick (which I like) and true. Still, this course is one where you better keep it in the fairways (which are narrower than most I have played), and best way to play well is not to try to bomb every drive, but rather use good course management and play for accuracy, not distance. Fairways are lined with lots of trees and houses to get in your way, so beware. Some cart path areas are paved and pretty good, but much of the course pathways tend to be bumpy and rough. Basic summary is, that this is a really good course for the cheap greens fees, and just fine for honing your game for accuracy.

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 09/28/2017:

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us here at Villa De Paz Golf Course and for the 4-stars. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions were not at their best that day, but hope that the course layout and value that you get from playing with us was well-worth it. Thank you for recommending our course and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

rhouser's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Course is in great shape for the summer, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable . The grill and the staff there serve a great breakfast and sandwiches and the beer is cold. And the price for all is right,

"great value"

redskinsgw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

they are still removing a few toppled trees from past storms, but they do not interfere with your play unless you hit a real wayward shot. greens were good a few tee boxes were overly dry and needed some work. the fairways were fine and the grass in the rough has been allowed to grow so that you know you are in the rough. I had no trouble finding my ball the 2 or 3 times I hit the rough so it was the proper depth....

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 09/06/2017:

Hi George, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Villa De Paz Golf Course!

"Overall good"

ndt2780's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Course was empty and was able to do 18 holes in 2.5 hours due to the heat. Was in pretty good shape for the middle of august and being a 110°

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 08/29/2017:

Hi Nick, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Villa De Paz Golf Course!

"Vg21046"

Vg21046's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2017

Course is being renovated, we were a 4some playing behind a 3some. 0ne of the 3some was getting some lessons from the other 2. We were held up 5 to 10 minutes on every hole on the front 9. We were never ask to play thru. It was an exhausting experience on the wait time.

Thank goodness they didn't play the back 9.

Response from Villa de Paz on 08/28/2017:

Hi Vance, we're sorry pace of play was not up to par. We're glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and good course layout. Thank you for playing Villa de Paz Golf Course.

"Great price"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Course is in rough shape. Great place to play a practice round. We had a round that was less than 3 hours. The price is right, but you get what you pay for.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Course on 07/26/2017:

Hi Patrick, we're sorry you did not fully enjoy your round. Our goal at Villa de Paz Golf Course is for every golfer to enjoy their experience. Thank you for playing, we hope you give us another chance in the future.

"Fun layout"

Rey6768004's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Great layout but lacking some water on some holes. Fairways a little dry. Some greens perfect other bad.

Response from Villa De Paz Golf Course on 06/16/2017:

We regret to hear that the course conditions were not ideal for your round. We will be sure to address these issues at the course and fix things accordingly. We hope to see you again soon to make up for this experience!

"Course is not been taking care off"

Jere8768558's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Too sad how this look it used to be so nice looking and taking care off. Feels like during hot season they don't care if looks good or not since a lot of people don't play because the heat I do understand but at least it should be better maintained just an opinion!

Response from Villa De Paz Tee Times on 05/23/2017:

We regret to hear that our course conditions were not ideal for your round. We assure you this is not the level we strive to achieve and do everything we can at the course to keep our conditions nice year round. We hope to see you again soon for another round to make up for this experience.

"Good Course, Fair Condition.."

Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

I've golfed here off and on for years. I love the challenges the course offers with just enough water, some 90 degree doglegs and other great features. I was disappointed that the bunkers had little to no sand in them and seemed more like hitting off of concrete the couple of times I had to play out of them. Areas of dry grass were scatted on most every hole. The neighborhood houses are in general disrepair. Bottom line is that with a golfnow.com hot deal, you can't go wrong on this one.

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/15/2017:

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our course time and time again. We love knowing you enjoy the challenges that we have to offer. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you again soon for another round!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/11/2017:

We are happy to see that you had a great experience wit hour staff, course layout, and pace of play. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for another round!

klaughlin62's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/08/2017:

"klaughlin62" thank you for the 5 star review! We are excited to see that you had a great experience with our pace of play, staff friendliness, course layout, course conditions, and value! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

Commented on 05/29/2017

How can you rate this course 5 stars?

"Very old and dated course."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

I think I would have preferred to just spend my money on a driving range somewhere! The staff was very friendly, but the course leaves alot to be desired. I have always been told 'if you can't say anything good, then don't say anything at all'.

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/05/2017:

We regret to hear of your poor experience with us. We assure you this is not the level we strive to achieve and will address it at the course! However, we are happy to see that our staff friendliness was excellent! We hope to see you again soon to make up for this round.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways and greens were in real bad shape and the person behind the counter was rude the best part was playing behind a 6 some that the starter ok even tho it clearly said no 5 some never will play this on again.

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/03/2017:

We regret to hear that the course conditions, staff friendliness, and pace of play were less than ideal for your round. We assure you this is not the level we strive to achieve and will address it at the course. We hope to see you again soon to make up for this experience!

ANDRE3557177's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/01/2017:

We are excited to hear that you think Villa de Paz is a fun place top play and you get great value for your money! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

"It was more than I expected"

rongary48's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were in the best shape that I have seen on this course

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 05/01/2017:

We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you felt our greens were in the best shape you have seen! We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Good old Villa De Paz"

hootie19's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Still the same old coarse. Greens in good shape compared to other coarses of supposed better quality. Over the years the fairways are getting a little smaller due to less overall upkeep. Bottom line. Fun time and a great price.

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 04/25/2017:

We are excited to hear that the greens are in good shape and you enjoyed the staff friendliness and course layout! We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round.

Commented on 05/29/2017

Please name those other courses.

"Worst course I've ever played."

kimm3's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

Have to say that the greens were fairly good but everything else was really rough. Many fairways were domed and your drive would roll off into terrible rough. It was a very frustrating round. #18 was a beautiful hole...seems it's the only hole that's taken care of.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 04/20/2017:

We regret to hear of your poor experience at our course. We will be sure to address course conditions, staff friendliness, and course layout at the course and fix these issues accordingly. We hope to see you again in the future to make up for this experience!

danielwiggins's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

Decent course, I was a bit worried after reading a couple of the reviews but I found it to be OK overall.

This course is rough around the edges but the fairways were ok and the greens ok as well.

Response from Villa de Paz Tee Times on 04/13/2017:

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the course layout and staff friendliness. We appreciate your feedback and appreciate you choosing us to book your round with. Please come again soon!