Barefoot Resort & Golf - Fazio Course

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Dyer Golf Academy"

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Platinum 71 6834 yards 73.2 145

Challenges include bunkers

"Consistently high quality"

MyrtleMaster's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Course very well maintained. No complaints. Very generous fairways. Nice greens, tees and fairways.

Layout can be challenging. No surprises.

A bit pricey and there are others of equal quality at lower prices. Will play this many times in the future.

A keeper for the group of 20+ that have been coming here for 25+ years.

"Not up to parr"

msmith123's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2017

I asked around other Myrtle Beach courses I played for a real nice course to play , I get several tips and picked Barefoot Fazio course . We paid $145 that was no problem at all , but not for what we got . We had 45 minutes to tee time and figured we'd go to the range , you have to take a shuttle to get there, problem was the shuttle didn't come back until 8 minutes before are tee time . When I complained about that one could care less .Now we are rushing to the tee , my muny in New Jersey is more organized. Starter sends us to the first tee and the foursome in front of us hasn't even teed off yet , because the group if front of them just did. Then the foursome behind us comes up , 6 carts now sitting there. That was the pace of the day . Course itself has a very nice layout but was all brown and dried out , overall condition was very disappointing . I met one of the members after the round and asked him about the conditions and he said they have been complaining about that for awhile . He asked what we paid and was shocked they charged us $145 the shape the course is in .. He actually apologized and invite us back as his member guest for $60 but we were flying out the next day . If you're looking for a real nice course around Myrtle Beach the others recommended were Tidewater , Glen Dornoch and TPC Mytrle Beach , try those before going to Barefoot . But if you go to Barefoot , Greg Norman's Grill restaurant was very good .

"Last time playing this course"

Matt5227628's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Course itself is not a problem. Pace of play is pathetic. Downright embarrassing. No Marshalls to push play along, people who haven't a clue on how to complete a sub 5 hour round. Too many good courses to water time here.

"Going to the beach"

Cfreud's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

This course is a great mental challenge. Fazio screws with you making the fairways look nonexistent from the tee and more menacing from different points of a respective hole. Trust yourself. That's the biggest challenge. If you keep swinging, you'll be fine. Views are great. Conditions were surprisingly good, given the rain recently.

"Beautiful golf course but challenging"

justinfancy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

We played the black tees on the Fazio course and there were some very challenging and long par 4's on the front side. The back 9 was a little less challenging and made it more enjoyable for a 10 and above handicap. The clubhouse was beautiful and the staff were stellar. I would recommend this course for any handicap but would advise to be extra attentive to the tees you select.

"#3 at Barefoot"

RavensGolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

Our foursome played all four courses at Barefoot and unanimously voted the Fazio as #3. There is nothing wrong with the course though the greens seemed to be the slowest of the group. But there was also nothing outstanding about it either. For $155, I want more than just OK.

"4 to Choose From at Barefoot Landing"

JackStraw6's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I got the Fazio. I tried to get on the Love as it was rated a top 100 you can play but no dice . First thing I think of when I hear "Resort Golf" is plush fairways, tee boxes and gorgeous scenery. Meh. Don't get me wrong the course was definitely up to my standards(which aren't very high). The layout was excellent, fairways pretty wide and in good shape and the greens were in super condition. They rolled true and straight. Not overly long, the par 3's are all mid-irons, there are plenty of bunkers(fairway and greenside) and water comes into play on a few holes. But there are plenty of courses either a 1/2 hour north or south of here that you can get the same conditions for $20-$30 less. Nothing against the course, I just thought it was a little overpriced.

"Awesome staff"

Filthy20's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

After a really late night of drinking, we slept through our morning tee time and finally made it out to the course in the afternoon. Luckily the Fazio course was clear, and we were able to get in a quick round.

The staff were all super friendly, especially the outside ops guys (Michael). It's kind of a weird set-up with the driving range being down the road, as we had to hop on a shuttle bus like we had just parked at Disney World...

Huge nice practice area, but no putting green - that was back over at the clubhouse/golf side. The practice putting green was not in good shape - the courses had recently been punched, so they were recovering, and it seemed as if that green wasn't mowed in weeks - it was fairway length..

The greens on Fazio, although good looking, were super soft and super slow. Quite the opposite from another course that I had played the day before. You could stop a ball on a dime, but had to "give it all you got" to get it to the hole.

I liked the course a lot, typical Fazio design.

I'll be back to try the others and possibly stay on property - the resort looked great from a distance.

Hopefully the greens will be quicker next time.

Main clubhouse bar/restaurant was closed by the time we got off the course - so we went to the Putters Pub which is located down the road where the driving range is. Great pizza!

"Have your game ready"

Steve3709753's avatar
Philly Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My first time playing in Myrtle Beach, and this was my first course played there. I wanted to experience a top course designed by Fazio. With the challenging course, my game not in season (I'm from Pennsylvania) and probably a bit too juiced to play, I scored poorly. It was quite a challenge but I knew that going in.

As you'd expect on this caliber of course. If you can't hit your spots you'll get punished. But it's a pretty fun challenge if you're fine with that, as I was.

I can't say anything bad about the course conditions. It's as I expected, top notch. The green ran true and after a few holes I got the fast speeds down and started sinking some putts.

The traps were everywhere and in good shape. they swallowed my drives which stunk all day, but because they were well cared for if you made a good stroke you came out just as you'd expected. No surprises.

I did think the markings of where the next hole was was sad. Old wooden signs that didn't stand out and needed replaced. had to hunt for them several times.

I was there before sunrise, 3rd off of the day, and I couldn't find the clubhouse. They didn't have lit signs and the one they had was not boldly stating it was the club house. The club house was huge, and probably a real decent one, but I had no time to stay around after my round.

They lit the driving range for me. They have 4 courses so you can take a shuttle there that they run in constant cycles. It's close and no where near the hassles someone else said it was in a review.

So it's a nice course. Really challenging for me since I wasn't in form yet, but next time I'd make it my last round of the week so my game was more ready. I'd also recommend hanging around the clubhouse afterwards. Seemed like it may be really sweet. (note I've heard their Norman course is low on the excitement list from a friend who golfs there somewhat often.)

Go, take extra balls, patience, and enjoy those PGA like views.

"Barefoot Resort for golf trip"

schofir's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My group of 12 usually stay at the Legends Resort but it was full so we made a return to Barefoot. The courses are all very good, Fazio, Dye, Love and Norman, in that order. The last two trips we made, the condos were cheaply furnished and my group really disliked the small twin beds. The courses are great so let me be clear. The staff is very friendly. BUT: No buffet and one waitress trying to feed 12-20 guys was a problem every morning, and course managers didn't make any moves to resolve. No practice facilities on Fazio, Love, Norman so you have to be shuttled 1/2 mile away. No chance to practice at night after dinner. We will go back to Legends as soon as there is vacancy. Time off the course is important too.

"Played the Fazio"

lsjenkins's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

After reading all the reviews before booking a tee time, I found the staff extremely friendly and efficient but I was a bit disappointed in the course. We arrived 1/2 hour prior to our tee time, only to find out, the practice green was under repair and you had to be shuttled to a driving range. Which I was told I really wouldn't have time to get there and hit balls and get back before my tee time. One of the bunkers on the first hole was washed out and full of water, the others were hard packed. The fairways were full of large clumps of cut wet grass. The greens were fast, which I don't mind, but putting across the replaced holes on the greens was a bit tricky as they were not flush with the green and usually covered in sand as well as several sandy patches on the green. Though I only paid $63 for the round I found other courses at Myrtle for less money and in better condition.

"Nice Course. Great Facility"

1Smokey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Very enjoyable course to play. Some of the greens had been aeri9fied but overall the greens rolled fairly well. A very good layout. Very nice facility.

"Fazio Course was a challenge!"

kccbaker04's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2013

Fazio course was both beautiful and challenging. I can see why it was one of the top rated courses in the area! Friendly staff and well organized. I would make one of their four courses a priority on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Tip:<br/> Wednesday was a much lower cost than any other day.

"Overrated"

bengolf335's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 3/27/2013

Nice layout, but no rough. Many bunkers, but not in very great shape. Great for eyes, but nothing to add for golf. A great tourist course fun to play in vacation.

"Great course"

bearcats90's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 3/19/2013

It was great course that well maintained course. Such as fast green like PGA , beautiful display

"Greens were firm and fast. It was a true test with a 20 mph gale all day."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/24/2012

I would like to play this course again on a calmer day. The windy conditions from the blue tees made it very difficult. Greens were very quick which made for multiple three putts. My only negative is the greens fee. The Barefoot courses are overpriced compared to other similiar, well maintained courses in the area.