Beachwood Golf Club

Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Practice bunker: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for seniors beginners locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch

"Great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Had fun here, close to where I was staying. Nice staff

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Daniel. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. If you have time, comment on this review and provide additional feedback. We are always making improvements and like to hear from our golfers on what should be next. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Tee to green - all in all good shape"

Hal3937454's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Tee boxes - fairways and greens were all kept well. Fairways slightly lacking behind the greens and tees. A little wet at the time, but didn't effect play. Wide fairways to hit and forgive when not hit.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Hal. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Your feedback on some less than ideal course conditions is important to us and we will escalate it to our team. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback if you would like to see other changes before your next game. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Kristen. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. We see you rated the off-course amenities and course layout as your least favorite aspects of your round. We are going to pass this on to the teams in charge to see what improvements we can make before your next game. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Enjoyable Course"

lynnedp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

We were a group of four, first time in Myrtle Beach and we are average golfers. The staff went out of their way to help us. We enjoyed everything about the day. To us it was perfect, fairways were nice, greens gave us some thought....to a good golfer used to pristine conditions may not agree. But to a newer golfer...fantastic.

And again the staff was fantastic.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Lynne! Thank you for taking the time to review us and rate the course 5-stars! We always like to hear when our hard work pays off and a golfer has a memorable experience. We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"good course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Good course to regain ur confidence if the other top courses are beating you up. Also good for someone just starting out learning the game. Get there early because only 18 holes and 1st tee can get backed up.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hi, Greg. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Your feedback that the pace of play can get slow later in the day is important to us and will be passed off to the team at the course to make adjustments. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Very basic course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Greens and fairways in very rough shape. An OK course for high handy caper. No marshal on course to speed pace of play. Why have a par 5 as an opening hole.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/21/2017:

Hi, Dave. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are glad to see you rated the staff to be incredible during your last round with us. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions and pace of place were not ideal. We are going to escalate your feedback to our teams in charge to make improvements before your next round. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Out of towners"

Benizthaman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Tough layout wish there were better descriptions of hole layouts

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/10/2017:

Hi, Ben. We are glad to see you rated the experience 5-stars and enjoyed the staff, value, and off-course amenities. Your feedback about the challenging layout and hole descriptions is very valuable to us. We are going to escalate your comment to our team so we can work to provide a better explanation of the hole layouts going forward. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club!

"Poor Conditions"

baldypop's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2017
Previously played Used cart

I have played Beachwood numerous times over the last year and have always found it to be in decent condition. This is why I was so surprised to find this course in terrible shape. The ruff was all dead grass, the fairways were ever so sparse and the greens were not well manicured. I know that this spring has made it challenging to get the grasses in good condition but if they want people to come back they should be upfront when someone books. If I had known I would of opted for another course until Beachwood was ready for play.

"Great basic course"

mcphersont's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Great basic course, wide enough to be friendly to new golfers BUT we spent 3 hours playing the front nine because it was over booked. Disappointing for 1:20 in the afternoon. Edges of fairways still rather dormant, but that is pretty common for this time of year. Great place to warm up for the rest of the week.

"Disappointed."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

After reading many reviews I thought I would give this course a try. I found that the course was in poor shape with no rough but just dirt, and the greens some wet and some patchy. I was sent off on the back nine which took more than 2 1/2 hours so I left. I have coming to MB For many years I would not play this course again.

"Disappointing"

marflo501's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2017

The pace of play and conditions were disappointing to say the least. We had heard the course had improved from a couple years ago, not the case! The fairways are thin and Bermuda still was fully dormant and very thin. The greens were not consistent and loaded with poana. At times there were four groups on one hole with no ranger. We had a foursome in front of us sharing clubs and giving lessons.....not the thing to do on the course...

"Basic golf...."

Paul2347403's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

Good value here. Course lay out is forgiving and user friendly. Fairways and greens are OK but traps and area around greens need more work. Starter is efficient and helpful. Give it a try.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 03/30/2017:

Hi there, Paul. We appreciate the review and the endorsement for new golfers to try our course. We are glad to hear you enjoy the price for your round and found the staff to be helpful. Your feedback on the course conditions is important to us. We will work to improve the Fairways and Greens beyond just Okay and also focus additional efforts on the traps and areas around the greens. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again!

dennis8990521's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 03/23/2017:

Hi Dennis, thank you so much for taking the time to review our course. We see you rated our course layout and conditions to be just under 5-stars so we will pass your feedback on to our team so they can make the necessary improvements. We see you rated the pace of play, value, and staff as excellent! That is great to see. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club. We hope to see you on the course again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2017

"Work in progress"

Mike8555924's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Interesting layout with tree lined fairways and long parallel waste bunkers. Water comes into play on a few holes but well placed shots are rewarded. Greens are very nice and are equal to those of $100+ courses that I have played recently.

Good value.

mk8q16ophx8249556's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2017

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 03/13/2017:

Hello Golfer, we are glad to see you rated our staff friendliness to be excellent during your last round. We also like to see that you found the course layout to be challenging and enjoyed the off-course amenities. You rated the course conditions as only 3 out of 5 stars during your visit, so we are going to escalate your feedback to the team in charge to make the necessary improvements before your next round. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club. We hope to see you on the course again soon!

"Meh"

Poorspecimen's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2017

Understand that it's early in the season and like many other courses they're trying with the course conditions, but it was rough. There were only a couple holes that stood out in my mind, the rest were ok. Got a good deal on GolfNow so it was ok for the price and gave us a chance to swing the club (came down from Canada). Unlikely I'll return given the other choices in the area.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 03/16/2017:

Hello Richard, we appreciate you taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear you found the course conditions not to be up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to the team in charge. Overall, you rated all areas of the course to be good. With room for improvement, we encourage you to edit your review and let us know what we can do to improve your experience for next time, on and off the course. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club!