Beachwood Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for seniors beginners locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch

"Nice for a quick round"

kmar1919's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Rainy type day but played thru. Course was aerated a few weeks back so greens were starting to take shape. Played in 3:20

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi, Kennethm. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

vatech's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi, Laura. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Beachwood Golf Club"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Course was great value. Greens were stll sanded but rolled good.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hello, Neal. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off.

"Good Value"

morton56's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Nice course on the main road in North Myrtle. Very playable, especially for seniors and women. Affordably priced for Myrtle Beach. Played in four hours on a busy day. Friendly staff. Dining area available. Parking close to clubhouse.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Hi, Paul. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We are glad to hear your pace of play was great during your game and that you enjoyed our staff. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Good Value!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Although the greens had been aerated and sanded recently, we had a good experience at Beechwood. Tree-lined, there are few houses on the course(an exception in the NC/SC area), which allows for some room to hit your driver. It is a nice, traditional layout with some different holes, tough par-3s. For under $30 , I would definitely play again!

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hello, James. We appreciate you reviewing us and giving the course 4-stars. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Pay-n-Play"

Razrblade's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Extremely Hot and fewer Golfers than expected. Sanded Aerated Greens and bunkers needing a little help. Pins hadn't been changed in a while but over all playable. Nice layout but a bit long for the average player which may slow play to the point of waiting on every hole. White haired witch running snack bar needs an attitude change when replying to paying customers. Customer unfriendly employees drive patrons away and she needs to go else where, where people without manners are welcome.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hi, Ray. Thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. This is by no means the experience we strive to provide when golfers interact with our staff. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Start to finish was excellent"

blaiqck's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

From the time the guy picked up our bags in the parking lot to the time we left 4 1/2 hours later, everyone that worked there was friendly and accommodating. Course was in excellent condition. Would highly recommend based on course condition and friendly staff!!!

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/08/2017:

Hi, Brian. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Very slow play"

daletrowe's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

2 hours and 15 minutes for the 1st 7 holes then I left

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hello, Dale. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and staff to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Lost a loyal customer"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

This used to be my favorite course to play at the beach, but not after Thursday 5/18/17. When I made my tee time for 7:30am, I told the person that I was a single and needed to play fast. I played the same course three days earlier, same time, went out as a single, shot 78, and was done in a little over two hours. Today, after paying, they tried to take me to the tenth tee to be paired with a threesome. I asked if I could go off one as a single (first tee is open and mind you the parking lot is empty), the cart guy asks the starter and he says no. The reason given is because they're booked solid (really???......I'm the only person their, no bags lined up, no one else in the pro shop). Starter goes inside the pro shop, comes back out and says "we're gonna accommodate you and send you out as a single off ten behind the threesome". OKAY GOODBYE. How was I going to be screwing up their tee times or course by going off one as single? I tried to think of different things were I was wrong and they were right......They were booked solid and needed the carts (no because they were "accommodating" me by sending me out as a single behind the threesome). Maybe they start groups on different holes (okay Jones foursome we're starting you guys on #5 today....highly unlikely). I don't always need or like to play as a single. I've met some great people getting paired up, but I needed to play kind of quick today and earlier this week because I had additional family in town to get back to. So it takes just one bad experience to offend a loyal customer and ambassador (someone who always recommended your course to others). Thanks for "accommodating" me!!!!!!!!

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/24/2017:

Hello, Jim. As we explained to you at the course, we were very busy and set up single tee. If you went off the other tee, you would not be able to make the turn because when you came off #9, there would have been a constant stream of golfers teeing off #10. We understood you were looking to play in under 2 hours but because we were heavily booked, there was no way to have you play through the course like you had the other day. We strive to provide a seamless experience anytime someone visits our course and worked hard to accommodate you during your round. For the inconvenience, we even refunded the round so you would be able to attend to your family visiting and return at a time that better fit your schedule. We apologize that you had such a poor experience. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Beachwood Golf"

southwick1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Booked as a Hot Deal so expecting to play with others, got to the course early and the starter said I could wait or go off now as there was only a 2 ball in front or wait. Decided to play straight away, course in good condition, caught the 2 ball at the 8th hole and joined them for 2 holes. (they had started on the 10th.)

Second 9 also no-one in front so completed the round in 3 hours. Enjoyed it, good layout not to tricky, (only lost one ball in the water.) Will I play here again? Yes especially if there are any more Hot Deals available.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hi, Peter. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the pace of play during your game. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Coastal Golf"

Appmarine's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played here with my son while on vacation in North Myrtle Beach. Nice course that was well maintained, but not plush. Typical coastal NC/SC layout of palmetto and pine trees, lots of traps and some water. The pace was slow due to a threesome ahead of us who did not understand the concept of a busy course or allowing faster groups to play through. A Marshall speeding them up would have been nice.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hello, David. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"First outing"

Cutiepie53's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2017

A very enjoyable day! Greens were dry and fast...otherwise no complaints...

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 06/01/2017:

Hello, Karen. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars next time. Your feedback on the course conditions is important to us and we will escalate this to our team. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Good bang for the buck"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

Enjoyed the course, fist time out since knee issues, course provided a handicap flag, made it much more playable in my situation.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Hi, Ken. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn 5-stars after your next visit. We are glad to hear you were able to utilize our handicap tee to accommodate for your knee disability. Hopefully, the fresh air and sunshine at the course were able to help a little.We see you rated the off-course amenities to be less than ideal and we would be interested to hear what you would like to see added to the course in the future. Feel free to reach us at the golf shop or to reply to this review. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Nice greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

The greens were in very good shape and were the best part of the course. The rest of the course wasn't bad, a few dead spots. Not the most interesting design but it was fun and easy. I would recommend this course.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/10/2017:

Hi, Brett. Thank you for taking the time to review us and rate the course 5-stars! We appreciate your feedback about some areas of the course needing some attention and we will pass that on to the team in charge. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Loved it!"

DeborahFarquhar's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Great course for both beginners and experienced golfers. Course was very well maintained. Wide open and fairly flat. Was very fast paced so were able to complete 18 holes in less than 4 hours. We are coming back!

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/10/2017:

Hi, Deb. Thank you for taking the time to review us and rate the course 5-stars! We always like to hear when our hard work pays off and a golfer has a memorable experience. We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. We are also glad to hear you found the course to be an enjoyable challenge. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Course was in very good condition."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

This course was in good shape. The greens were soft and the fairways were not rock hard. We had reservations for 3 golfers - 2 average golfers and a beginner. The course put a fourth with us, a former club member who used the second longest tees and knew the course very well. So in our group, we were using three tee boxes. I can't imagine he had a very good time playing with lesser golfers, and we didn't have a great time either, not being very talented. On a side note, the fourth asked the woman in our group whether she minded him smoking. She said yes so the cart guy begrudgingly supplied another cart.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/08/2017:

Hi, Steven. Thank you for reviewing us and rating the course 4-stars. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the conditions and found the course to be an enjoyable challenge for your party. We apologize that the group matchup may not have been the most ideal. We respect that your colleague did not want to be paired with a golfer who may smoke during the round. We apologize if the cart attendant gave you trouble for this accommodation. We will escalate your feedback to our team to make changes before your next round. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club

"Great value for a hot deal"

ShannonSheltonEA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Don't pay the rack rate. Worth every penny if you get a hot deal. Central in Myrtle Beach, excellent location. You won't be disappointed unless you pay the higher walk in price.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Hello, Shannon. Thank you for the 4-star review. We pride ourselves on competitively pricing our tee sheet to offer you the best deals at a range of times. We encourage you to visit the website if you want to find the best rates year round. Thank you for visiting Beachwood Golf Club, we hope to see you again.

u4520292's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 05/01/2017:

Hi, William. Thank you for taking the time to review us and rate the course 5-stars! We always like to hear when our hard work pays off and a golfer has a memorable experience. We are going to pass on your feedback to our team so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Great shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Had fun here, close to where I was staying. Nice staff

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Daniel. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. If you have time, comment on this review and provide additional feedback. We are always making improvements and like to hear from our golfers on what should be next. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.

"Tee to green - all in all good shape"

Hal3937454's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

Tee boxes - fairways and greens were all kept well. Fairways slightly lacking behind the greens and tees. A little wet at the time, but didn't effect play. Wide fairways to hit and forgive when not hit.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, Hal. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 4-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to earn a 5- stars next time. Your feedback on some less than ideal course conditions is important to us and we will escalate it to our team. Feel free to comment on this review and provide additional feedback if you would like to see other changes before your next game. Thank you for playing Beachwood Golf Club.