Eagle Nest Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for seniors locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Nicely laid out and reasonably priced. The course was in good condition. Plays for all handicaps as the tee boxes make it manageable.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

"Very Playable for all levels"

rae5964's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2017

Staff was very friendly and met us at the car to deliver two carts and give us directions to where we needed to go. Rick in the pro shop was very accommodating when we had one person drop out due to illness. They are in the process of rebuilding a number of ladies tees, but that didn't inhibit the lady in our group. Only complaint was that the greens were slow and there was a lot of water still on the course(6 of the first 9 holes had standing water). I know there were two days of rain prior, but this isn't the first time I have played after days of rain. I would caution players if it had rained recently.

"Poor conditions"

johngebhardt's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017

I have enjoyed playing this course in the past , but can't recommend it now . Wasn't informed before hand , that 9 holes were closed because of aeration. Tee boxes were in the 3" high grass fairways,while they were resodding the tee boxes. Fairway sprinklers were on the whole round. Took 5 hrs to play 18 holrs as a single. When I asked to cancel & get a refund before playing , I was told no refund because I booked it with GolfNow .

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 08/04/2017:

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the closure. Your feedback is very helpful to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope that you will give us the chance to earn your business again in the Myrtle Beach area.

vercaemert's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

New greens are great! Some temporary tee boxes still annoying. Dodging sprinklers very annoying. Always confusion with Golf Now at courses where tax is not included is the reservation. But staff was accommodating.

"Good time!"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

Enjoyed our day! Everyone was friendly. Course was very nice. Only issue was the maintenance crews in the way at times ( doing upgrades to course), but did their best to blend in. Would definitely play again though.

"wonderful, for what it is"

homer223's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

This is not elite golf. If you want that, pay three times as much and go to Barefoot Resort. But after six straight days of playing top-ranked courses and paying top dollar, this was a nice break for the last round of our vacation. The greens were in great shape; through the green needed a lot of work. Overall, a nice enough course, and well worth the money.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 07/27/2017:

Hello Patrick, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club and for the 3 star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the course and that it was at a great value for you. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again when you are in the Myrtle Beach area.

"Good deal!"

hunterpates's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Great course to just get out and play at. Affordable. Would play again because of good deal. Decent course, average conditions.

"Top Dressed"

Razrblade's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were Top Dressed so putting was out. Traps need a bit more sand and tees are stressed from volume of play. Course is being upgraded with new tees and changes bring a positive look. After Top Dressing is rained in greens will be excellent and I would give this course a few weeks to mature and then would recommend it for play.

"awesome layout"

trc1957's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

This golf course has a beautiful layout. Overall the course was in good condition and very playable. There are areas on the course being worked on, ( nothing that affected my play today, or that would affect playing here). Could be a fun challenge for anybody playing from the tee's suitable to their game. I also like the fact that it can test all aspects of my game from tee to green.. Definitely will be back.

"Decent course for beginner golfer"

sleepwalker72672's avatar
Plays:  Once a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

We booked our trip with golf now and saved some money in doing so but when we go there we were told we needed to rent out another bag of clubs if we wanted to play. We forked out $20 for clubs I never even used because they said we weren't allowed to play out of one bag of clubs that we brought to the course. We told them all four of us had all ours clubs in one bag because we had drove from saint Louis Missouri to myrtle beach south Carolina and we didn't have room for all four bags so we put them in one bag. So overall the course wasn't too complicated. Pretty flat with hardly any water hazards or sand traps. The food there was overpriced and not very good at all. Gas station food is what I would call it. I don't think the staff appreciated the fact that we saved money by booking through golf now and we're looking for a reason to get more money out of us. But overall we all had a good day of golfing and that is what counted at the end of the day.

desperwg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

"Good value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

Nice reasonably priced course, would definitely play again.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2017

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club in the Myrtle Beach area. We appreciate the 3 star rating and are glad to see that you enjoyed our staff, layout and the pace of play. We hope to earn your business again soon.

"Perfect for the beginner to average golfer. Nice staff, wet in areas"

StuMoney's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

When we arrived there was a sign that we had to play the back 9 twice without a reasonable explanation. We later learned from a local that the front 9 gets closed all the time when it rains. We teed off VERY early and it was wet for the first 9 that we played. The greens were very slow and the course needed to be "cleaned" up. There was still trash from the day before, most bunkers not racked and a lot of debris from the storm out on the course. The staff was AWESOME, especially Rick. We enjoyed our round, the value was definitely there in the price. Rick lowered the price by $5 because we had to play the back 9 twice. I would go back with beginners or average golfers for a fun round. The layout was challenging at times. Keep the ball in the fairway and you will shoot an 80, like I did. Get it off the short grass and you're in trouble or behind trees. The final 3 holes (16,17,18) are fun, tough and meet their explanation on their ads. Thanks!

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/29/2017:

Hello Stuart, thank you for taking the time to review Eagle Nest Golf Club in the Myrtle Beach area. We are happy to hear that you had a great overall experience with our staff. We are also happy to hear that the course was a fun challenge, even through the conditions may not have been as great due to the previous days weather. Thank you for the 3 star review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

"Good course"

EasyE1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017

Play this course all the time. Not easy, it's a lot tougher than it appears. I'm a 14 handicap and have a hard time breaking 90. I can play more expensive courses in area and score better. The conditions are good year round and I really like the challenge. Great value, stay in play or pay!

"Better and Better"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Eagle's Nest has always been a challenging course, and the work being done by the staff has made it one of the Best courses at some of the best prices. It keeps getting "Better and Better".

"It'll Be Great in a Month"

TheNJHammer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2017

The greens were just slit seeded and aerated within the last couple of weeks, so they didn't putt well at all and were puffy. Two holes had temp greens as they had been burnt. Also looked like a lot of irrigation was changed out recently. Pro shop said they hired a new superintendent recently. Tees and fairways were good, greens were pretty bad. I would say however that in a month all of the work they did will come around, so wait to play there until then. Layout was good, well maintained other than the above mentioned. I only paid $17 for the round, so it was worth it.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/26/2017:

Hello Andrew, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club. We appreciate the three-star rating. We regret to hear that the conditions were not ideal for your recent round, but we are pleased to hear that you expect a great experience next time. We are known for our attention to detail and look forward to earning your business again in the Myrtle Beach area.

"Course maintenance taking place"

southwick1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Good welcome, chap in pro shop apologised for cart path only and the course maintenance that was taking place meaning a couple of main greens not in play. Club already on a cart. Course quiet, a 2 ball a long way in front no-one behind. Some houses around the course but didn't interfere with play. An attractive course some water in play especially on the last three holes, the fairways had been sliced recently but give it a few days and they would be in good condition. I enjoyed my round here and would play the course again especially on a Hot Deal.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and the three star rating. We appreciate your business and feedback, which allows us to pinpoint the areas that still need improvement. We apologize for the maintenance as we are enhancing some areas of play! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout! Thank you for stopping by Eagle Nest Golf Club in Little River and we hope to have you back soon!

"Eagle Nest Golf Club"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Starter was rude, pro shop staff nice. Course conditions were horrible. 3 or 4 bad temp greens and 3 greens had areas in the middle of the greens roped off they were so poor. Tee boxes and fairways were thin on grass. Do not waste your time or money playing there. The only thing good were the bunkers, great shape and nice sand with even depth.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Hi Neal, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We strive to offer quality golf to our community and will pass along the issues mentioned to the appropriate staff in order make improvements moving forward. We are happy to hear the bunkers were in good shape for your round. We thank you for stopping by Eagle Nest Golf Club and we hope to see you back soon to exceed expectations!