Eagle Nest Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Average Rating 3.8 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for seniors locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"It'll Be Great in a Month"

TheNJHammer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2017

The greens were just slit seeded and aerated within the last couple of weeks, so they didn't putt well at all and were puffy. Two holes had temp greens as they had been burnt. Also looked like a lot of irrigation was changed out recently. Pro shop said they hired a new superintendent recently. Tees and fairways were good, greens were pretty bad. I would say however that in a month all of the work they did will come around, so wait to play there until then. Layout was good, well maintained other than the above mentioned. I only paid $17 for the round, so it was worth it.

"Course maintenance taking place"

southwick1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Good welcome, chap in pro shop apologised for cart path only and the course maintenance that was taking place meaning a couple of main greens not in play. Club already on a cart. Course quiet, a 2 ball a long way in front no-one behind. Some houses around the course but didn't interfere with play. An attractive course some water in play especially on the last three holes, the fairways had been sliced recently but give it a few days and they would be in good condition. I enjoyed my round here and would play the course again especially on a Hot Deal.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and the three star rating. We appreciate your business and feedback, which allows us to pinpoint the areas that still need improvement. We apologize for the maintenance as we are enhancing some areas of play! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout! Thank you for stopping by Eagle Nest Golf Club in Little River and we hope to have you back soon!

"Eagle Nest Golf Club"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Starter was rude, pro shop staff nice. Course conditions were horrible. 3 or 4 bad temp greens and 3 greens had areas in the middle of the greens roped off they were so poor. Tee boxes and fairways were thin on grass. Do not waste your time or money playing there. The only thing good were the bunkers, great shape and nice sand with even depth.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Hi Neal, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We strive to offer quality golf to our community and will pass along the issues mentioned to the appropriate staff in order make improvements moving forward. We are happy to hear the bunkers were in good shape for your round. We thank you for stopping by Eagle Nest Golf Club and we hope to see you back soon to exceed expectations!

"Ouch!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

I have to say, courses take a lot of work and a lot of money, without the money the work suffers. Without the work the money suffers.

Two greens not even usable. Several in really bad condition.

Hey, I had fun and hit some balls, but conditions were not great. there was a slow foursome, followed by a threesome, followed by a twosome, then two singles. All at the mercy of the slow foursome. Still I had fun and hit some balls.

I don't own or run a course so I have no idea how to fix things. I only hope they do because there seems to be an amazing course underneath the current issues.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/30/2017:

Hello Mark, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about the subpar pace of play, we will pass your feedback onto the appropriate department. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

wayne7986809's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/23/2017:

Hello Wayne, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Greens were either in poor condition or under construction"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

We made a tee time at Eagle Nest because we always found the course in consistently good shape and a good value. However, during this visit some greens were in poor shape and others were under construction to the point where they staked out temporary greens on two holes. The tees were generally not in good shape which makes me wonder when the course itself will be ready for summer play.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/16/2017:

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Holiday golf"

stazr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Played with my wife and we found it challenging but not overly difficult. Lots of sand and considerable water but rarely an issue. Price was a good deal but also understandable given the poor condition of the greens. Would play it again if greens were in better shape. Staff friendly and accommodating.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/12/2017:

Hello Richard, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Except for the greens"

msimms13's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

The rest of the course was in very good shape but the greens were not. They were inconsistent. Some OK, some almost gone, some recently punched, some fast some slow.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/09/2017:

Hello Marvin, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Good Value"

Myles4605239's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017

Very playable and forgiving - staff friendly and accommodating - perfect course to play on day one of a golf trip - will definitely come back!

Pat5538459's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 04/27/2017:

Hello Pat, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Disappointed"

Cmtogolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

We have played here other years were very impressed; however, this time we were very disappointed in the shape of the greens. Most of the tee blocks weren't cut or in poor shape. They certainly did not compare to past experience and most likely won't return.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 04/27/2017:

Hello Anita, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the pace of play and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Fun course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Some greens need some help. But overall it was a good course with very friendly staff

"Too many bookings"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Round took 4:45 to play. Followed a five some. Too much time on course - course in ok shape. Would not play again.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the subpar pace of play, we will pass your feedback onto the appropriate department. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Decent Course"

sap1292's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Course in pretty good shape for the price. Greens need some work in spot. Great pace of play and staff very friendly and accomadating.

The last 3 holes are legit tough!!! Would play again

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/09/2017:

Hello Shawn, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

"good value for money"

darcjam's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2017

I was trying to find a course that wasn't too difficult but challenging. it fit the bill. Found the location convenient and the staff very good. Reading the greens was challenging but they were very fair. will play i again next time I am there.

"Great Day at Eagles Nest"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

Eagle's Nest has a variety of holes ranging from easy to somewhat challenging. Nice layout - not too much water or sand. For the most part, the course is pretty well maintained.

"Good corse for the money"

Joeylappi99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2017

Went with my friend on a golf trip down to the area and found this little gem for $35.00 on golf now app. Great pace, nice staff. Good experience all around debated playing it a second time.

nyjaret's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2017

Overall the course is a good value. It's an older course that does show it's age. Fairways are in good shape, but the greens need a little TLC. Pace of play was ok

"Slow Pace, Fun Course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

A very nice layout for a relaxing round of golf. Pace of play was very slow though. 5.5 hours never fun. Conditions of the course was good for early spring. Greens would hold a good shot and were a quick pace. Fairways very generous and from the Blue markers was a fun test on a breezy afternoon. I would play there again.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 04/11/2017:

Hello Paul, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry for the pace of play but we are glad you enjoyed the course conditions and our layout. Thank you for you business and we hope to see you again soon.

"Beautiful course"

uMHGR4996MH's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

A real good test of your golfing abilities. The staff was very helpful.