Remington Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Silver 72 5876 yards 68.6 118

Location is worth the drive near the airport convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Perfect condition"

edgar429's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017

Thank to superintendent he is doing a good job. Thank to Rick his customer service is excelente. I love the people best course best price.

"Horrible condition"

swaug58's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Pro shop was closed. Had to get range balls and pay at bar. But there were no range balls available, because nobody picked them up. Went to first tee box and didn't know where to go. They were not marked. Also the tee boxes looked like they were mowed with a rototiller. The fairways had clumps off grass all over them. I lost several balls in the fairways. The bunkers need to be mowed, they have grass and weeds in them. The greens have multiple types of grass and weeds on them. This used to be a very nice golf course. It is a shame that they have let this course go. I will never play here again.

"Unreal"

bkimmel1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

No sand in bunkers, tall weeds on tee boxes, grass on fairways over 4 inches tall, lumps of cut grass on fairways and greens... worst course I have ever played. They should have paid me to play there

"Good deal"

JayDisanto's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

For $18 a piece we did a round for three and half hours in the morning. Not bad for the money. The course was very wet in some spots but consider the weather we accept it. Will come back!

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Awesome! Thank you for your review, Jay. We look forward to seeing you out here for another round soon.

normanstark1968's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/09/2017:

Thank you, Norman! Come see us again soon.

"Happy with it considering great price"

normanstark1968's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Fun day. Wide open course with not many playing so it was good for me and my son. Price was key here. I was happy with the day

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for choosing to spend a part of your day with us, Norman. Glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed your round and we hope to see you out here again soon.

Soupytoo's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Played this course for the first time. The t-boxes were horrible. The fairways were poorly cut. The bunkers were the worst I have ever seen. They were totally uncared for and there was grass growing in them. The greens had some weeds growing on some of them. It was difficult telling where the fairway was and the second cut. Grass was about 2 to 4 inches tall. Lost several balls off the fairway because of tall grass.

This is a sad excuse for a golf course. In its heyday this was a beautiful course. It is too bad the management has absolutely no pride in the upkeep of this course. Is is painfully obvious that they are not spending any funds in its proper upkeep.

Don't play here. You will be sorry and it will be a waste of your money, no matter how cheap it is.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Your feedback is important to us. Our course conditions have a come along way this summer with all of the renovations we have been doing and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

"Bad upkeep"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

This course is in desperate need of some good maintenance. You can still have a good time because you're playing golf, but the grass was not kept very nice.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you still had a good time. Book another round with us soon.

"Complete tosh"

Andrew9288552's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Worst golf course i have played in over 35 years of playing. The fairways were like a field for cows to graze in, the tee boxes were non existent and the bunkers were like concrete .

The range facilities are a complete joke with "help yourself to some balls from the big bin in the corner and just hit them into to the water"

Honestly i have seen better courses in the Palestine

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Andrew but we're sorry to hear that you don't have a more positive experience share. We have been doing a lot of renovating this summer and we hope you'll give us another try as our course continues to improve.

"Course staff"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

No fairways to speak of on some holes, greens were sparce in some places. Looks like the course was undergoing renovation? Growing out? We had difficulty figuring it out, markings were not clear. Staff was nice although they did close at 4pm!

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Thank you for choosing to spend a part of your day at Remington Golf Club! We have been doing a lot of renovations this summer so we apologize if the course is not in its best shape yet but we are almost there. We hope you'll give us another try soon.

"Fine if all you want to do is Putt"

DJStephen's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

What happened? Played this course once every summer for 5 years and never seen it in the terrible shape it was in this time out. First tee box under construction and all dug up AND that was probably one of the better highlights. Fairways, or what they want to call fairways, non existent. Have very little clue where fairways end and rough begins. Can lose a dozen balls in the rough. The sand traps have tons of weeds growing and are solid rock,even with the rain. The layout was always good but with the course in this pathetic shape it's no wonder there were maybe 5 golfers out @ 10:30. The only reason I gave it any kind of rating were the shape of the greens. They were in decent shape but getting there was a joke. You won't see this customer until I see better reviews in the future.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience at Remington Golf Club. Two pieces of our equipment went down the week before and we had to wait for 3 days to get the new replacement parts so we were behind. We are 100% back now and the course is looking good. We hope you'll give us another chance soon.

"Practice Course"

heywes's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

The course needs a little work. bunkers, fairways need to be cut, but I guess with all that rain the grass has become over run on some holes, The greens runs very well, , I love the layout, no restrooms on course though, jHowever I will play this course again ,I loved it and had a blast especially the scenery. Teed up with a really nice couple.Wonderful day.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout, greens, and scenery so much. We look forward to your next round at Remington Golf Club!

"Very poor course condition"

Hary5538997's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Pace of play was great because there was hardly anybody on the course! (on Father's day weekend!!!). Had to push cart stuck in mud many times. Lost a few balls in muddy fairway. What a mess of a course. Should have been warned of course condition as I remember this course was pretty awesome the last time I played there (maybe 5 years ago).

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Hary. With all the rain we've gotten lately we encourage golfers to keep the carts away from the areas that have been oversaturated. We're glad that you enjoyed the pace of play though. Come join us for another round soon once we finish up some of the renovations that we're doing that will make a big difference.

"Challenging But Fair"

Retroman40's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017
Previously played Used cart

If you don't like water don't play here as there is water in play on all but a couple holes. The course is in generally good condition. The greens roll pretty well. They had recently been aerated but I had played previously and they were good. The bunkers leave a little to be desired. With all the water there is a premium on accuracy. With five sets of tees the course can accommodate just about any level of player although the forward (red) tees still play to around 5000 yards. The management looks like they are continually working on upgrading the course. Overall this is a decent course that I enjoy and will continue to play.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/22/2017:

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking notice of the improvements we are continuously making. Hopefully, you didn't lose too many golf balls in the water! Hope to see you out here again soon.

"Superb holiday golf"

Newmaj's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

An excellent welcome at the pro shop and very friendly service at the 19th hole !

This course is deceptively challenging and must be treated with respect !

The greens are excellent, and whilst the course is suffering, like most in the area, from the unusually dry conditions, you simply play preferred lies and enjoy the layout and the sunshine !

I would recommend the course, and shall definitely return in 2018.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words and 4 stars. We look forward to seeing you here at Remington Golf Club next year!

"Average course with water on many holes"

jwalla129's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Fun course, but conditions were a little below average. Tee boxes, fairways, and ends of the cart path could all use some loving care, but I still had a great time. Never saw a cart girl, but there were water jugs throughout the course which was nice. Didn't see/notice any bathrooms other than the clubhouse.

They did aerate the greens a few days prior so the price was cheap to reflect the greens. I personally didn't think they were that terrible, but my playing partners complained about the ball bouncing. In a few more weeks/months the greens will look fantastic. Also, Central Florida is going through a drought so please have that in mind when playing any course right now. Everything is so dry and the water that is normally all over this course, was super dried up. Was nice to be able to hit an errant shot that normally would be laying in water, but was laying in hard sand due to the water shrinkage.

Clubhouse is about average but they really, really need to get an updated sign for the course. It looks really outdated, and very cheap. It would not cost that much to renovate and it would really help make the course look nicer. Also I have never seen so many rabbits on a golf course. They were everywhere--just look in the woods while you are playing.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you for your review! After a very dry winter/spring it has finally started to rain consistently and we are already seeing great improvements in the course so we hope to see you out here again soon.

ewaauf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

The fairways have been improving due to finally getting some consistent rain lately. We hope you'll give us another try!

"A great afternoon in the sun."

duckhook503's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Played yesterday with three senior friends on vacation from the U.K. / Ireland. The young lady In the bar, which was also doing service as the check In area, was very pleasant, although she did look rather lonely, due to lack of customers I suspect. In view of the recent weather, intense heat and lack of rain, we were not expecting pristine conditions, but were pleasantly surprised. O.K. There are some bare patches on the fairways. We ignored these and played from the good parts. It's not life and death is it? The greens we all agreed were in surprisingly good shape, rolled well and were certainly quick enough for us. Pace of play was as quick as you wanted it to be. We noticed a two ball moving up behind us on the 9th. Waved then on their way at the tenth tee , and didn't see another soul. All this for about $70. Four players in two buggies, playing in shorts in the sunshine. What have we possibly got to worry about.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your kind words and we're glad that you had such an enjoyable experience. Next time you're in the Orlando area be sure to join us for another round.

jugador10's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star rating!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from Remington Golf Club on 05/11/2017:

We're sorry to only see 1 star, Eugene. What can we do better next time?