Remington Golf Club

3.1964235294 3.2 stars from 5 (475)

Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Silver 72 5876 yards 68.6 118

Location is worth the drive near the airport convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"This course going downhill"

milrtyme's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2017

Most of your shots plugged because course was wet.

Greens are the worst I have ever seen them. Very little grass just sand.

"OK for the money"

Lothi's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The clubhouse and the restrooms are in horrible condition. Looks like it was not serviced for weeks.

The course was very very wet and extremely muddy. Sometimes the cart stuck in the fairway and we have to push the cart.

Normally they can't send customers out in these conditions.

The Bunkers are full of grass and plants.

The "greens" are not green but brown.

The course and the clubhouse need immediately maintenance.

"Waterlogged"

selse's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was a swamp. But even if dry, it needs better upkeep. But it has a lot of potential - a lot of water and fairway (that plays like rough).

I don't plan on going back, but it was okay for a trial round -- I know it could be an excellent course...someday.

"Not good"

rick14218's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

This used to be a very nice course. They completely gave up on it and it is in very bad bad bad condition. I would not play there again if they gave me the round

for free

"Needs TLC"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

Course seems to be in a constant state of disrepair, bunkers are full of weeds and mud with little sand, tee boxes are mostly weeds, greens need maintenance and MAJOR drainage issues keep the course soggy everywhere. Even with how wet the course is, I've never seen the course mandate cart path only (where applicable), which would help keep carts from chewing up with fairways. I've played Remington for about 7 years and this course has either looked pretty darn good or has been nearly unplayable. The current owners need to invest heavily before prime season or the fees won't be worth it. Cheap summer rates are the only positive from my most recent experience.

"Way too wet"

r45420's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The course shouldn't have even opened. I lost balls in the middle of the fairway as they dug deep into the ground due to the wetness. And where it was really wet they didn't mow so I lost balls just off the fairway as well.

Shut it down when it is that wet.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/30/2017:

Thank you for choosing Remington Golf Club. We apologize if the course conditions were not ideal due to the recent rain but we hope you'll give us another try soon.

"WORST GOLF COURSE EVER PLAY"

Henryrivera's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

No tee boxes, no fairways, no bunkers. Also, hard to find the tee marks. the tee boxes and fairways are covered with 2 or 3 inches of weed. Hard to find your ball in the fairways. Bunkers are covered by weed and havent been racked for long time. The only thing that look like a golf course is the greens, 50% of them are playable. It is a shame because this course was a good one 2 years ago. I dont know how golfnow patrocinate this course. NEVER EVER COME BACK TO THIS JUNGLE.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Henry. This past spring and summer were rough on us but with all the renovations we have been making lately, the course is definitely on its way back up. We hope you'll give us another try to exceed your expectations in the future.

"Perfect condition"

edgar429's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017

Thank to superintendent he is doing a good job. Thank to Rick his customer service is excelente. I love the people best course best price.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review, Edgar. Join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/24/2017

pretty sure someone from the course wrote this

Commented on 08/22/2017

Are you kidding me. This is the worst golf course i have ever played. Dont fool people with you review. Dont do that.

"Horrible condition"

swaug58's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Pro shop was closed. Had to get range balls and pay at bar. But there were no range balls available, because nobody picked them up. Went to first tee box and didn't know where to go. They were not marked. Also the tee boxes looked like they were mowed with a rototiller. The fairways had clumps off grass all over them. I lost several balls in the fairways. The bunkers need to be mowed, they have grass and weeds in them. The greens have multiple types of grass and weeds on them. This used to be a very nice golf course. It is a shame that they have let this course go. I will never play here again.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if you were unable to hit range balls prior to your round. As for the course conditions, this past spring and summer were rough on us but with all the renovations we have been making lately, the course is definitely on its way back up. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

"Unreal"

bkimmel1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

No sand in bunkers, tall weeds on tee boxes, grass on fairways over 4 inches tall, lumps of cut grass on fairways and greens... worst course I have ever played. They should have paid me to play there

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/24/2017:

Thank you for your feedback as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you don't have a more positive experience to share but we hope you'll give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the near future.

"Good deal"

JayDisanto's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

For $18 a piece we did a round for three and half hours in the morning. Not bad for the money. The course was very wet in some spots but consider the weather we accept it. Will come back!

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Awesome! Thank you for your review, Jay. We look forward to seeing you out here for another round soon.

normanstark1968's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/09/2017:

Thank you, Norman! Come see us again soon.

"Happy with it considering great price"

normanstark1968's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Fun day. Wide open course with not many playing so it was good for me and my son. Price was key here. I was happy with the day

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for choosing to spend a part of your day with us, Norman. Glad to hear that you and your son enjoyed your round and we hope to see you out here again soon.

Soupytoo's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Played this course for the first time. The t-boxes were horrible. The fairways were poorly cut. The bunkers were the worst I have ever seen. They were totally uncared for and there was grass growing in them. The greens had some weeds growing on some of them. It was difficult telling where the fairway was and the second cut. Grass was about 2 to 4 inches tall. Lost several balls off the fairway because of tall grass.

This is a sad excuse for a golf course. In its heyday this was a beautiful course. It is too bad the management has absolutely no pride in the upkeep of this course. Is is painfully obvious that they are not spending any funds in its proper upkeep.

Don't play here. You will be sorry and it will be a waste of your money, no matter how cheap it is.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Your feedback is important to us. Our course conditions have a come along way this summer with all of the renovations we have been doing and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

"Bad upkeep"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

This course is in desperate need of some good maintenance. You can still have a good time because you're playing golf, but the grass was not kept very nice.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you still had a good time. Book another round with us soon.

"Complete tosh"

Andrew9288552's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Worst golf course i have played in over 35 years of playing. The fairways were like a field for cows to graze in, the tee boxes were non existent and the bunkers were like concrete .

The range facilities are a complete joke with "help yourself to some balls from the big bin in the corner and just hit them into to the water"

Honestly i have seen better courses in the Palestine

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Andrew but we're sorry to hear that you don't have a more positive experience share. We have been doing a lot of renovating this summer and we hope you'll give us another try as our course continues to improve.

"Course staff"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

No fairways to speak of on some holes, greens were sparce in some places. Looks like the course was undergoing renovation? Growing out? We had difficulty figuring it out, markings were not clear. Staff was nice although they did close at 4pm!

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Remington Golf Club on 08/15/2017:

Thank you for choosing to spend a part of your day at Remington Golf Club! We have been doing a lot of renovations this summer so we apologize if the course is not in its best shape yet but we are almost there. We hope you'll give us another try soon.

"Fine if all you want to do is Putt"

DJStephen's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

What happened? Played this course once every summer for 5 years and never seen it in the terrible shape it was in this time out. First tee box under construction and all dug up AND that was probably one of the better highlights. Fairways, or what they want to call fairways, non existent. Have very little clue where fairways end and rough begins. Can lose a dozen balls in the rough. The sand traps have tons of weeds growing and are solid rock,even with the rain. The layout was always good but with the course in this pathetic shape it's no wonder there were maybe 5 golfers out @ 10:30. The only reason I gave it any kind of rating were the shape of the greens. They were in decent shape but getting there was a joke. You won't see this customer until I see better reviews in the future.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience at Remington Golf Club. Two pieces of our equipment went down the week before and we had to wait for 3 days to get the new replacement parts so we were behind. We are 100% back now and the course is looking good. We hope you'll give us another chance soon.

"Practice Course"

heywes's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

The course needs a little work. bunkers, fairways need to be cut, but I guess with all that rain the grass has become over run on some holes, The greens runs very well, , I love the layout, no restrooms on course though, jHowever I will play this course again ,I loved it and had a blast especially the scenery. Teed up with a really nice couple.Wonderful day.

Response from Remington Golf Club on 07/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout, greens, and scenery so much. We look forward to your next round at Remington Golf Club!

"Very poor course condition"

Hary5538997's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Pace of play was great because there was hardly anybody on the course! (on Father's day weekend!!!). Had to push cart stuck in mud many times. Lost a few balls in muddy fairway. What a mess of a course. Should have been warned of course condition as I remember this course was pretty awesome the last time I played there (maybe 5 years ago).

Response from Remington Golf Club on 06/21/2017:

Thank you for your feedback, Hary. With all the rain we've gotten lately we encourage golfers to keep the carts away from the areas that have been oversaturated. We're glad that you enjoyed the pace of play though. Come join us for another round soon once we finish up some of the renovations that we're doing that will make a big difference.