ChampionsGate - International Golf Club

• 1400 Masters Blvd., ChampionsGate, Orlando, Florida 33896, Orange County
  • (888) 558-9301, (407) 787-4653
  • www.championsgategolf.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Greg Norman (2000)
Type: Semi-Private/Resort
Style: Links
Greens: Floradwarf/Poatrivialus
Fairways: GN1 Bermuda

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Leadbetter Golf Academy"

Dress code: Shirts with collars and sleeves; slacks or Bermuda shorts are considered appropriate attire. No tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, sweat pants, warm up suits, blue jeans or denim shorts, tennis shorts, short shorts, or other athletic shorts
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Tees | Layout

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is at a resort near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"JD"

Jeffdahl's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2017

Played the international for first with a friend we both enjoyed the course. Pace of 3 hours 45 minute. In very good shape I like this course much more then the national. Staff was very friendly

"Nice Overall Course"

Daniel3677667's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2017

Good overall experience. Very nice practice facility (included in greens fee) and putting/chipping areas. Friendly staff to include valet service for parking.

Course: I thought the course was in pretty good shape overall. Tee boxes were well kept with plenty of options for teeing up the ball because of the well-manicured grass (I played the blue tees, not the tips). Fairways were in pretty good shape, certainly not championship shape but pretty good overall. Rough was surprisingly easy to get out of, not high and thick. Greens rolled pretty nicely and true. Some differences in speed from green to green but overall more consistent than I've played at some other courses. Carts had GPS which is another nice plus!

I thought the fairways were fairly open for the most part (with fairly straight drives) with decent areas for landing your drives. This course made up for the lack of water hazards with tons of fairway/greens traps and sand waste areas. Sand was a little on the heavy side but predictable and fairly easy to get out of. I wasn't playing particularly well that day but otherwise would have scored well with better approach shots. I think the layout is good for mid-low handicappers, high handi-cappers will do alright if you hit the ball straight but any big hooks or slices will land you in fairway bunkers/waste areas or even lost balls in the brush areas.

Definitely recommend, good course for the money.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad that you enjoyed your time on our course. We're happy that everything from our practice facility and staff to our greens and fairways contributed to your great experience. We hope to have you back soon so you can try our National course as well!

"Hard greens rough fairways"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2017

Nice layout the fairways had lots of unfilled divots that was a problem. Greens are new and very firm.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our layout, but we apologize for the divots. We will make sure to address this issue immediately. Hope to have you back soon!

rnimer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2017

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Thanks for the 5 star rating! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Okay"

Ben2855513's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We had time for one round while in Orlando and looked for a Hot Deals option. Based on previous reviews and price we jumped on an opportunity to play the 'home' of the Leadbetter World Academy. In the end, we came away deciding that the course didn't measure up to the hype while the clubhouse and staff were spot on.

Before the round we went to the range where you could see the Leadbetter World Headquarters. We might as well have been a hundred miles away as the uneven hitting area and lack of grass to hit from was reminiscent of muni golf courses. Once we began play we realized that the new greens looked good but were hard as a rock. That's too be expected but given the placement of bunkers protecting many of the greens it made access to pins rather challenging. Speaking of bunkers, there didn't appear to be any raking of the bunkers by the course staff. We found footprints that looked days old.

I do believe that it's possible that the course has potential and that a non-January option might have rendered a slightly better review. In the end, we were glad that we got a Hot Deals price vs paying full price.

It's worth noting that we do take our hats off the staff - quite friendly and attentive!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/10/2017:

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our clubhouse and our staff, but we apologize that you did not enjoy our course conditions. We hope you'll come back and give us another try in the near future. Thanks again for the feedback!

"Beautiful Course"

goorower1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2017

The course is challenging but very beautiful. There were magnificent birds everywhere. The staff was all very friendly. Near the end of the day a piper walks behind the restaurant and plays a medley of tunes.The only improvement I could use I would be more gluten free options in the restaurant.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/09/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented as well as our local wild life. We appreciate your feedback on our menu and we will make sure to work on this. Hope to have you back soon!

"Wow! I'm going back for more"

Godsmo123's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2017

Wow - way better than expected. For some reason - maybe the price - I had been playing elsewhere, but when it came up, as a daily special I thought - "I have always wanted to try that course!" It was $35 for a 2:20 and we only wanted to play 9. The course has been newly revovated the starter, Dave, told us. And it's a lot of yardage if you play from the tips - we played whites. There are some interesting water holes, some holes that feel like canyons, and some long par 5s. It's well maintained and the staff are very friendly. It may be that rounds are going to be down a bit during the construction of the new resort and condos. Eventually the price will go back up. Meanwhile have a blast! Practice balls, cart with GPS, cute cart girl with frozen Margaritas and good cigars - what more do you want?

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/09/2017:

Awesome! We're pleased that you finally made it out our way and that you had a great time. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back more often!

"A Must play"

Bill9375733's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

We always try and play this course when we are in the area and it never disappoints. It is always windy here just some days more then others. Good course conditions. Good Golf now pricing. Easy to get to.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/12/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you make an effort to play our course when you are in the area and that it's always a great time. We're glad that the wind doesn't affect you too much, sometimes we feel like we might blow away! We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the area!

"Great Day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2017

From the time we arrived the service was great having traveled from UK it was top notch service, all the way we have a home in Davenport and will be back in May and look forward to playing here again.

Thanks guys for a great day !!!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/03/2017:

Awesome! We're so happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time with us. We can't wait to have you back in May for another great day at ChampionsGate!

"Greens were awesome and Fast"

egraham1911's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2016

This was one of the most amazing golf experiences i've ever had I live here in Florida and typically play a different course each week. The international course is one of my top five courses I've played.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/03/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that our International course is one of your top 5 favorite courses and that we were able to help make this an amazing golf experience for you. Can't wait to have you back for more amazing times at ChampionsGate!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2016

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/03/2017:

Thanks for the 5 star rating! Glad you enjoyed your time at ChampionsGate!

"Excellent day on the course"

Bevanstey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016

It was an excellent day from the time we drove into the parking lot and left. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the practice facility was excellent. The course is en excellent shape. We enjoyed the amenities that the course offers off the course as well. It was just a perfect day.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/03/2017:

Awesome! We're so glad we were able to help contribute to the perfect day you had. We're happy that you enjoyed everything from our staff to our practice facility. We look forward to having you back for another perfect day of golf!

"Great club"

etrosnic's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016

We now played both courses and fell in love with the place.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/29/2016:

Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy that you love ChampionsGate Golf Club as much as we do. We look forward to seeing you many more times in the future! Have a Happy New Year!

"Christmas day"

ssaymtap54's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/25/2016

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/29/2016:

Thank you for your review and great pic! We're thrilled that you had such a great experience here. We hope to see you again soon, and have a Happy New Year!

Jaelee884's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2016

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/29/2016:

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a great experience, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Great Price, Great Course"

Donald4408038's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2016

I was in town for a weekend business conference, and had the afternoon off to play some golf. I found this place online, and they had a great deal for an online special. Finding the golf course wasn't difficult, and the course was pretty wide open. Not many people playing. Some of the fairways were a little bit wet, and the greens sped up as the day went on, but overall, it was in great shape. I played by myself on the front nine since the course was relatively empty, and didn't catch the foursome in front of me until the 7th hole. They were playing at a good pace, so I kept my distance. On the turn at #10, the course got real busy. I tee'd off, and even though I was alone on the front nine, I was immediately pushed from behind by a single player, followed by a single player, followed by a twosome. By 11, I joined up with a twosome that had left a club on the 10th green, and played as a threesome, but the two singles behind us lost patience, and zoomed their carts a couple of holes in front of us. I don't understand the ins and outs of course management, but I do get miffed when I'm playing a good pace, and people not only jump in after the turn, but they push you, and expect you to let them play through when the course is full in front of you. Other than that, The twosome I joined up with was very friendly (and a lot better golfers than I am), but I would rather play with people I don't know, then by myself. The staff at the pro shop and the Marshalls were all great, and so was the beer girl. I would definitely play this course again.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/04/2017:

Fantastic! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us at ChampionsGate. We apologize that you were getting pushed from behind. Next time this situation occurs please let someone on our staff know and we will make sure to address it.

We're happy that you enjoyed your time with the twosome that you met though! It's always a good time meeting new people who enjoy the game as much as you do. We hope to see you back soon!

"Great track for money"

tcushman06's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2016

Definitely a great Orlando course, some holes easy , some quite tough, so it evens out. Greens not to challenging. Great place to go early in morning for quiet meditative round. Not a person around.. great wildlife, natural park setting.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/20/2016:

Thanks for the great feedback! We're glad that you enjoyed our challenging layout and that a round with us lets you get away from the hustle and bustle of life for a few hours. We hope to have you back for another early morning round soon!

"Great shape, staff and carts."

JeffMizunoMP54's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2016
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Valet drop off. Greens were in great shape with good speed. Carts have GPS to pin and an electronic scorecard. Had a great time playing with my dad.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 01/04/2017:

Awesome! We're thrilled that you and your dad had a great day of golf with us. We can't wait to see you both again soon!

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/10/2016

Only thing was played close to 2 people in front were slow wouldn't let people play through

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/12/2016:

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our course, but we apologize that the group in front of you did not let you play through. We hope to have you back soon!

"Champions gate"

nickos's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2016

Large greens and all new.

Bunkers under construction but will be nice. Nice place and friendly

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 12/12/2016:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions. We look forward to having you back for another round soon!