ChampionsGate - National Golf Club

• 8575 White Shark Blvd., Championsgate, Florida 33896
  • (407) 787-4653, (888) 558-9301
  • www.championsgategolf.com

Year built: 2000
Architect(s): Greg Norman (2000)
Type: Semi-Private/Resort
Style: Traditional/Parkland
Greens: Floradwarf/Poatrivialus
Fairways: GN1 Bermuda

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Leadbetter Golf Academy"

Dress code: Shirts with collars and sleeves; slacks or Bermuda shorts are considered appropriate attire. No tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, sweat pants, warm up suits, blue jeans or denim shorts, tennis shorts, short shorts, or other athletic shorts
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Location is at a resort near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

None's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

"Fantastic course"

ericottawa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

The course is in pristine condition. The greens are fast. Wish i could play the course more but i only come to florida a couple times a year.

"Slowest 4.5 hour round ever"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

With everyone in carts and a relatively easy course, pace of play could have been better. The lack of a marshal and 8 minute tee time intervals never makes for reasonable pace. Friendly staff, good conditions, interesting layout.

"Fairway divots"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

I enjoy playing both courses, but I have noticed a bad trend. There seems to be very little if any interest by players to fix their fairway divots. It feels that every time I play here, that I use at least a bucket of sand per nine holes filling in divots not mine. Maybe a kind reminder by the starter to all the players before they begin their round might help.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/22/2017:

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed playing our course, but we apologize that you are having to fill in other golfers divots. We appreciate your feedback and will make it a point to speak to all golfers before their round. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Great Renovation"

Mike6835963's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Haven’t played this course in a long time. The renovation is great. It’s a fun, challenging layout and in amazing condition. Can’t wait to go back!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/22/2017:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our renovations and the challenge that our course presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Well Cecile lost three new balls but that's ok as she can afford it. If you find these balls please mail them back to her in Toronto. I did not play well because she really distracted me. Janet says she did not like hole number 13 so could you please fix that hole.june said she did fine and as for me I shot my normal round. Otherwise we had a great time and cannot wait to come back next year!! Loved the course and highly recommend it.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/22/2017:

Outstanding! We're glad that you and your group enjoyed your round with us but we apologize that Cecile lost her new balls. We will keep an eye out for them. We look forward to having you all back again the next time you are in the Orlando area!

"One of the best in the area"

AnthonyLazzara's avatar

Love the layout. Was in great condition. Pace good

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/22/2017:

Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge that our layout presented. We hope to have you back again soon at ChampionsGate!

"Enjoyable"

glyndale's avatar

Used cart Perfect weather

We come to Florida from the UK every year. I take pride in the fact that you don't have to pay over $25 to play good courses here. I don't like corporate golf courses in the UK. I thought I would try an over priced corporate style Florida course just to confirm my prejudice. To my amazement, I found the course enjoyable, beautifully kept and good value for the $45 we paid.

My only gripe is the short par 3 15th. I parred it; my wife birdied it (for 5 points).

It is the only hole on the course which has Disney written all over it. GET RID OF THE TWO TREES AND TIDY UP THE APPROACH. It is not a proper golf hole.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised by our course. We're pleased that you found us to be a good value and that our course conditions met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on our 15th hole and we hope to see you back again next time you are in the States!

mhilbush's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/20/2017:

Great! Come back soon!

"Fantastic Course"

Kim3810088's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

Had an amazing experience on the Nartional course. The conditions were excellent.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you had an amazing experience on our National course. We're also glad that our course conditions met your expectations. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

"My first time in Florida"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Played the NATIONAL Course. Very courteous and welcoming staff. 11:30am tee time. Disappointed that it was Cart Paths Only due to course maintenance (grass over-seeding and 2x a day watering). Most all tee blocks and fairways UNCUT. Greens VERY firm, moderately fast, but for the most part not bumpy and rolled true. Felt that $3.75 for a soda from beverage cart was kind of steep. Beautiful course layout, but some former bunkers were being allowed to naturalize/transition into (??)....Waste Bunkers? Would probably play again.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Thanks for your review! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our layout. We appreciate your feedback on our tee boxes and beverage cart items. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Nice Course"

t934186337's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Played the National, and really enjoyed the experience. The fairways are mostly generous, but there are plenty of bunkers to make sure you don't have it all your own way. The fairways were in the process of being cut after reseeding, and a number of the tees were a bit fluffy. The greens however were exceptionally good.

Lovely clubhouse and staff were all very friendly.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you and that our course conditions met your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Tee off before noon if you want to finish before dark"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

Played the National course today which is a really nice track. Course was over booked, super slow. Ranger was no help, in fact he didn't seem to care and turned off our play clock which showed pace of play 20 mins behind on the 7th hole. We got to the 14th tee, another big delay, we left the course not worth the aggravation 3 groups on each hole. We would not have finished before dark, teed off at 12:50.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/13/2017:

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that the pace of play was a little slow. We appreciate your feedback and would love the chance to speak with you more about your experience. Please give us a call at 407-787-4653 and ask for Jonathan, Andy, or Patrick. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon!

"Not recommended"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

National course was uninspiring and with carts restricted to the cart path. Fairways and tees had been overseeded and needed cutting.

Generally bland layout. Lots of boggy areas.

Overall it was a chore to play. And the refreshments were expensive.

Would I return? No!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/13/2017:

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and would love the chance to speak with you more on your experience. Please give us a call at 407-787-4653 and ask for Jonathan, Andy, or Patrick. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Halldor6494432's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

I played the national and realy liked it , International is a difficult course if you are not straight.) liked it a lot.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/13/2017:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your time on our National course. We appreciate your review and look forward to having you back again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

"Most Memorable Round Ever"

gwitter's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

We had the honor to play with Captain Jerry Yellin, who is 93 years old, and on August 15, 1945, flew the last combat mission of World War II out of Iwo Jima Japan. Jerry's stories were amazing and the fact he spends 10 days a month giving motivational speeches all over the U.S. is a testament for his love of country! Jerry spends the other 20 days per month on the golf course primarily at ChampionsGate, where he lives. If you ever play at ChampionsGate, ask if he is around and thank him for his years of service to the U.S. when he was only 18-21 years of age! We will never forget this amazing round of golf!

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that you had the great honor to meet Jerry. We're thrilled that you had a great day with him and got to hear the amazing stories he has. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to have you back for another round with Jerry!

"A very nice resort course, close to Disney area"

Schwantego's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course is about 15 minutes from Disney area, quite convenient for us. We played on a very windy day, luckily the National course has some trees to break down the wind. Greens were in excellent shape.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us at ChampionsGate! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Course needs help"

igtbtk's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2017

If we hadn't driven 100 miles we would have gone home. All waste bunkers and traps we're ground under repair. Too much money with half the challenges missing.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 10/31/2017:

"A good day out"

iandkerr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

A great deal from golf now meant this was excellent value for money. A long time since last played and a few changes but overall in good condition and well worth playing. Par 3’s (apart from the 15th) a little bland but very tough and interesting par 5’s. Great lunch in a very convenient and very friendly var area. Staff very friendly and made to feel welcome. Not sure I would think value for money at the full green fee but really enjoyed our day.

Response from ChampionsGate Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you got a good rate. We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!