Ashton Hills Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Black T 72 6870 yards 71.3 140
White SS 72 6096 yards 67.0 125

Average Rating 4.2 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks amazing food dinner

"Many changes beneficial"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/24/2023

The course has changed and upgraded, and was in great condition. It has always been challenging & remains the same.<br/> If there is a complaint, the walkups or walkdowns to many tee boxes & greens was very steep, and only a few had stairs.

Commented on 02/17/2015

Thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again!

"One of my favorite tracks in Georgia"

VanBreezy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Great course in great condition. Friendly staff good food and service in the clubhouse. A must play this course will challenge your skill level

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 06/20/2017:

Thank you so much for the 5* review! We appreciate the kind words and hope to have you back again soon!

"Challenging course"

Brian0T6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

I have played courses all around the North Georgia/Atlanta area and this is one of my favorites. It is a very quirky and challenging Muirhead course, which is rather rare to find in this area. This is more like a 2nd Shot golf course where you play for position, rather than just bombing it. There is a lot of movement in the fairways that can involve hanging lies or side hill lies. On certain holes like 13 (or 4 if they make you start from the back side), play for position rather than challenging the corner and give you enough of a full shot into the green. Also, on 2 (or 11), make sure you don't overclub on your approach to the green otherwise it will go into the woods.

"Great Round of Golf with a Great Layout"

josevas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

First time even considering heading 30-45 min outside of Atlanta for a round. Beautiful day, Beautiful course and a Great Twilight rate!

Only saw solos teeing off around us which created a cluster around the first few holes. We decided to play with a couple of the solos and they were very enjoyable personalities to hang out with for the round.

Greens were firm and running! But they rolled true and in great condition as was the rest of the course.

We will certainly be back soon!

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the singles you were paired with as well as the course conditions! Come see us again soon.

"Fair but challenging course."

Estarks1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

The overall layout of the course is great. The greens are superb and the fairways are well manicured. . However, some of the rough and outlying areas could use some work. This course is very challenging and requires you to think your way around it, especially off the tee using other clubs in addition to.your driver.

I'm definitely putting Ashton Hills in the rotation of courses to play on a regular basis, so I would definitely recommend it.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you for the positive review! We are so glad to hear you are going to be come a regular! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Mbruce9486's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 05/08/2017:

Thank you!

"Excellent design"

RavensGolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Strong design for a public course. Good mix of holes utilizing creeks and hillsides as natural hazards and obstacles. Par 3s are especially strong - #6 is one of the best in GA in my opinion. Double green for 12/13 is a feature seldom found on public courses and use of a horseshoe tee for the short par 3 13th provides multiple angles for the tee shot as well as keeping tee wear and tear down. Par 4s are a variety of lengths as well as up/down and left/right.

Course was in good conditions with the greens being excellent. Very friendly staff. 5 minutes off I-20.

Easily the best course I've played in the eastern suburbs of Atlanta.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 04/27/2017:

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are sure any golfer who takes the time to read it will appreciate it was well. Come back and see us again soon!

"nice course"

swkimbrel's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

got tee time on hot deal, good value for the money. The course was in very good condition. First nine pace of play was very good back 9 was much slower. Well worth making a tee time and playing.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Hey "swkimbrel" we are glad you got a great deal and look forward to having you back again soon!

putter2444's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

We apologize that you did not like the layout, now that you have seen the course maybe next time won't be as difficult!

"Played on way to Atlanta airport from the Masters"

slpoascte's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2017

This course, especially the front 9 is one heck of a layout. Classic Georgia layouts, beautiful & challenging holes. The condition of the course is a little lacking (in fairness, they had a major storm come through 5 days before they played it)...but if they took the conditions of the course from a 3 to 5 star...this place would be something very special.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 04/12/2017:

Hey "slpoascte" thank you for the positive review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge of the course but are sorry to hear that the conditions were not at their best due to the recent storms. We appreciate the feedback and would love to have you back sometime!

"So much enjoyment"

Anderson7074060's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Ashton Hills has become my favorite course for two reasons.

1. Their commitment to customer satisfaction through course up-keep and value for the customers is second to none and...

2. The course layout is both challenging for the skilled player and manageable for the novice.

Coming from Miami, FL. , where everything is flat, Ashton Hills, as it's name says, is a great challenge and you must stay focused or the course will get you.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 04/03/2017:

Hey " Anderson7074060" thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and the course. We value our golfers very much so we are happy to see that it shows! We look forward to having you back again soon.

"Loved it"

LanzaGolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

Played it twice in 2 days and really enjoyed it, like most courses it's always slightly easier the second time, but I only mean slightly.

The Greens probably weren't at their best, but still enjoyable

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 06/20/2017:

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad you came back again!

"Great Course! Highly recommend."

Alwaysuptotee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2017

Course in excellent condition. Greens roll perfectly. Saw numerous maintenance men out on the course working. Very impressive the upkeep and time put in to the course. Owner Brian is great to deal with. Very helpful and runs business well. Guy with long ridiculous looking beard was rude and lacks personality. Restaurant food was great but server seemed a little dense. Love playing here while I'm in the area.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 06/21/2017:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are glad you enjoyed the course and food! Come back soon.

"Awesome Course!"

Brett3827802's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

We got a hot deal which was great. The course is in great shape and the layout was the funnest course I've played on in years! Definitely reccomend to anyone want a fun, but challenging round.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 03/02/2017:

Hey "Brett3827802" thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the layout and look forward to having you back soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 03/13/2017:

kenh6886's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2017

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 02/03/2017:

Hey "kenh6886" thank you!!

"Fun Difficult Course"

snyderchad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2017

Very fun design. Need to make decisions off a number of tees for club selection. Greens are very challenging.

Response from Ashton Hills Golf Club on 01/17/2017:

Hey "snyderchad" thank you so much for the feedback! We are glad you find the course challenging but still enjoyable! We hope to see you again soon.

"Would Have Been Nice To Finish Our Round!!!"

ECrockett1964's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2016

What a beautiful day for a round of golf. The weather was perfect (70 degrees in December...really?). The course was in pretty good shape. The greens were fast; very fast. One almost could not ask for a more perfect day, until.....

Well, as we were on our approach shots to the 18th green, at 5:20pm, the young man who tends to the carts, Gavin, I believe, came out and told us that we had to pack it up and bring it in. According to him, we were supposed to be in for 5pm. The only problem is, that was the first I had heard of it. Neither I, nor the three young men that I played with, were aware of this. But, just for the sake of drawing the complete picture, what harm would it do to let us hit our approach shots and putt out the 18th?

Don't get me wrong, I know it is/was Christmas Eve and everyone has/had somewhere to be/go....same for me. But, bear this in mind. First, no one told us that we needed to be done for 5pm, for if they did, we would have been sure to be in before that time. And, second, we were on our approach shots for goodness sake. Why were we prevented from finishing our round at that point?

Lastly, I thought I would at least be able to hit the remainder of my range balls that I paid for, but the young man even told me I couldn't do that???

I really like this course and its location. Brian in the pro shop is top shelf too! But, based on how we were "run off the course", I would have serious second thoughts about playing this course again.

In a nutshell....the course was great, some of the staff was great, and others...not so much!

Commented on 12/27/2016

Hey "ECrockett1964" we apologize that you were not able to finish your round. We did let the rest of your group know that we were trying to have everyone in by 5:00. We apologize for any confusion out there.

"Great course!"

Josh9487's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2016

I play this course often and I always enjoy myself. This course is very technical but also very enjoyable. If you want a wide open easy course then this is not for you. However, if you are up for a challenge then this course is for you. They keep the course in great condition and have many tournaments/games for you to enjoy. I would say that this is one of the best courses within 30 miles of Covington.

Commented on 12/27/2016

Hey "Josh9487" thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad that you find the course challenging but still enjoyable and we hope to see you again soon!

"Improvement"

jcsalas's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The course has improved 100% from the last time I had played and the greens were the best shape I have seen them on this course in a long time, they were a little slow but for me that is a plus.

Commented on 10/19/2016

Hey "jcsalas" thank you so much for the positive review! We are glad you were happy with the course conditions and hope to see you again soon!