San Geronimo Golf Club

Greens: Bent & Poa Grass
Fairways: Rye, Poa & Bermuda Grass

Caddies: No

Driving range: No

Dress code: Collared shirts are required. Denim jeans are allowed. Shorts must be Bermuda-length. No tank tops, t-shirts or cut-offs.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards elevation changes   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

mjedridge's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

"San Geronimo challenge"

Touriz12's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

Tough interesting track even from the 6000 yard tees. Back nine is special. Good pace of play for public course and friendly informative staff

"One Complaint"

pheezer43's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

The weather was great and greens were rolling really good, fairways were pretty dried out so lots of roll on all of our drives. Expected for mid summer muni so we weren't upset at all. Only big issue was a two some that our threesome was constantly waiting on, causing a totally unwarranted backup on a rather light day of play for the course. No marshal and no concern when we told the bartender how oblivious they were to their slow play. Eventually we skipped a hole and passed them and before after we finished the subsequent 2 holes we realized we already had an open hole between us! Outside of that minor speed bump we had a great time and will be back!

"Great setting, nice greens, a little"

u000001220596's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Like many courses in the Bay Area these days, the greens are well manicured and the fairways good but the tees (not all level), bunkers (some thin and crusty), rough (some bare spots) and cart paths (some alligatoring) are getting less attention than they ideally should. Nevertheless, we paid avery reasonable price for a relaxing and enjoyable round on a perfect weather Friday afternoon in a gorgeous rural West Marin setting with everyone (and their dogs) on the course being very friendly.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

All good except when GolfNow price includes cart, it's for a SHARED cart. I had to pay extra to get cart solo.

cmward007's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

"Challenge course"

u000007920995's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

I played this course by myself for the first time. A few holes looks plain, passing by holes I felt to challenge for making good score. Most of holes have a view of difficulties . I was so impressed to make every swing with iron club and drivers. I've enjoyed very much to challenge this course for the first round . I'd recommend the people who visit here.Sooner or later I want to challenge one more time. They are so kind and polite.I love all of them.

"Still soggy after many dry weeks"

tkiernan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

I thought the round through golf now said a cart was included but when I got to the course I was told it was not. If this was stated on golf now I would have booked the reservations through the course as the rate was there standard rate ( and I could have saved the process fee from golf now).

The course is beautiful and I generally always enjoy this challenging track from the back tees. I was disappointed top find some of the course still extremely wet in the fairways (sank in mud to my ankle on one hole) and a lot of the rough was extremely high due to being damp and not cut recently making finding shots that barely missed the fairways difficult to find.

Recommend that you only play this course after a period of dry weather for at least 3 to 4 weeks. I will likely be back sometime in the summer, hopefully the rates on golf now will be discounted or include a cart for the walking rate

"Nice course, but they haven't mowed in weeks"

Austinpurk's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

So the recent flood has left the course very green, but also very shaggy. Greens are fine, but the fairway is cut like deep rough and the rough is a jungle. Still enjoyed the round, but be prepared to lose your ball in the middle of the fairway and get no roll on your shots. I'd suggest playing one tee closer than normal to compensate because there is an impact on your distance.

Overall, I liked the course. The Front 9 is fairly flat but pleasant. The back 9 cuts back into the canyon and is much more interesting and serene.

"Expensive play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

Booked on GolfNow for $64, didn't say if cart was included. Come to find out during check in that cart cost an extra $15. Spent $79 for a course that was mowed but grass wasn't cleaned up after. So the fairways were like playing in the ruff, I lost about 8 balls in the fairway. If your gonna spend that kind of money on a nice course please maintain the grass so it's playable or bring down the rate. I would love to play this course during the summer and if the greens and fairways are well maintained. To top it all off it was "Cart path only!" So ur walking around searching for a ball that was hit clean in the fairway and still loose it smh!

"San Geronimo is wet!"

Lonniewise's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

I really like this course, but like all the courses in our area SG is suffering from heavy rains. The course was extremely water-logged and soggy. Staff has not been able to mow in several areas and just walking on the fairway was almost impossible in some areas. I lost several golf balls, all of them in the fairway and it was quite frustrating how long the grass was in the fairways. Unfortunately, SG doesn't have a driving range so hitting balls here is not an option. My suggestion is to give the course another week before playing it. Again, this is a great course but it's in no condition to be played at the moment.

"Course should be closed"

peterbmoore's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2017

This was my first time playing the course. I know CA has had a lot of rain lately, but come on. Close the course. If you can't now your fairways then the course should not be open. I lost over 6 balls in the fairway and that was tracking them as close as possible. It looks like it could be a beautiful course but needs a few months to dry out.

"Mud Bogg"

bobskiggb's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

San Geronimo Golf Course is a wonderful Course. The day we played was the worst golf game I've ever had. Cart path only golf. We were told to keep an eye on where the ball lands., because it will disappear in the fairway. In all fairness they should have just closed the course. It was the first time I couldn't justify taking a day to play golf. This Review is only limited to the day of play. I have played many rounds at SGGC and have enjoyed it immensely.

"Cousre Under Water 1/27/2017"

kdelgobbo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

This was the first time that I played San Geronimo. I was shocked to find the price of $16.00 including cart. Well the course was basically unplayable due to all the rain.

HIt a shot down the middle of the fairway and then spend 10 minutes trying to find the ball plugged into the turf.

Water over my shoe tops in many areas and the cart was useless as you had to keep it on the path.

The fairway grass was obviously very high since I assume that they could not mow.

Wold love to play the course under dry conditions. My advice is to stay away for a few more days.

sfctadc's avatar

"Rain tolerant"

moondog92's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The front nine is generally flat, complimented by some redwood trees along the fairways. The back nine offers more challenge with elevation changes and green complexes protected by creeks and ponds. The 11th hole is one of the most challenging par 4's in the area. Played dry despite nearly 2 inches of rain the day prior. Some fairways were a little spotty due to drought; greens with many subtle breaks that rolled true. Great vistas and setting. Joined a threesome; company was excellent.

"Incredible Back 9"

Robert9790932's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Although I liked the whole course, standing on the 10th tee will take your breath away. The view is fantastic, and so is the drop your ball will take on the way to the fairway (ho[efully) below. The whole back 9 is wonderful. If the front 9 was as spectacular, the course would have a 5 star rating from me. But it is still a very great course, and I highly recommend it.

Robert the Bruce (aka Bob)

"A Brass Tacks Review"

David7896024's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2016

IMO all you need to know from a review: how are the greens, course condition and is it challenging.

Don't read the last guys review about dry fairways and such.

For the end of a summer with no rain, the fairways were plenty lush. The greens were in good shape and for a public course, this is a fun challenge. I play here often so I can tell you that the course is in good shape. Bunker sand was consistent, Tee boxes were great. On a few holes the fairway was a little thick, but like I said they were lush and for a course that was very dry over last 4 years from drought, it's in great condition. You'll def. enjoy your round out here.

Commented on 09/19/2016

btw, to add to my review the guy who said the fairways were dry is a 20-24 handicapper. Just saying.... lol