Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Average Rating 3.7 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"GREAT VALUE"

CFHacker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

We played the coarse this morning. They had experienced 6" of rain in the past several days, so cart path only was in effect, the coarse was without a doubt saturated. The cart paths were in pretty good shape considering the amount off standing water about the coarse, but it was a challenging track.

The coarse I was told has new management. The group seems to have a genuine interest in creating an outstanding golf experience.

The front nine plays pretty tight with an abundence of water and well placed bunkers to provide plenty of technically challenging shots.The back opens up a bit, but still plenty water hazard to consider.

The tee boxes were in good shape, and greens were in pretty good shape, although a bit slow due to the wet conditions.

Overall the coarse provides a GREAT VALUE for the dollar, can't wait to get back. Hopefully, Mother Nature gives the staff a break.

AndyKsr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

The course was very wet due to big rains the last couple days and was in a cart path only condition, aside from that we had a great time, I live in Orlando and have played most of the nice courses around town and was told by a friend about this course, this was the second round played to date and will continue to be my go to course due to the risk reward challenges and the price.

"Thank You and Welcome to Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club"

RidgewoodLakesGM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

I would like to say THANK YOU to all of those that rated our course. Welcome to a new era at Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club. We are striving to make RWL a top course within Central Florida and the conditions are getting better every day. With your reviews we are able to evaluate what we can do to make your experience here at Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club a true 5 star experience.

Our staff WILL provide you with Ritz Carlton service and we are sure to make your round of golf even more enjoyable.

I recently posted some new pictures of Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club so that each of you can see the current conditions of the course. You will surely be amazed when you play it in person.

We look forward to servicing you here at RWL and please come say hello as I am always wanting to meet our patrons.

Travis Chivers

General Manager

Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club

"Great golf course under new management"

gregorycmorris's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

A lovely golf course that is being restored to (or so I'm told!) it's former glory. I've played here a couple of time over the last few days and although it's very wet, the general condition of the course is very good, although some of the greens are being/need to be worked on. However, at the current price, it really is great value for money and I wouldn't hesitate booking another round. The staff were also very friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure our time on the course was enjoyable. Travis, the GM, came over and introduced himself and thanked us for coming to play, a touch which isn't found at many golf courses around the world and something I feel really added a touch of class to the place. Overall, a wonderful golf course with loads of potential.

"Great Value"

u000002003902's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

This course has a great layout. It's under new management which has made a commitment to improve the course conditions. I met the new GM. Travis, and was impressed by his sincere appreciation of the guest who were playing at Ridgewood Lakes.

"Awesome A+ course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2017

First time ever playing this course. Came down from Georgia on vacation. Wish I'd known about this course a lot sooner. Great staff even better course! You won't find a course in better shape. Will definitely be coming back anytime I'm in the Orlando area.

"Hot day at the lakes"

Rgsmith228's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

Played a two ball at Ridgewood Lakes this Sunday. It has recently changed ownership, and already showing big improvements.

Travis the new GM was very welcoming, and helpful. He has lots of plans to improve the amenities in the Clubhouse, and groundskeeping was underway already.

The course is in good shape, not too busy, so we had a speedy round, followed by a cooling cocktail in the bar afterwards.

We will be back for sure!!

R&S Smith

"Nice Course"

JerBear193's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I really like the layout of the course. Whole lot of water! So you must be careful

"Very wet"

u734021929's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2017

Ridgewoods lakes is a favourite of mine when visiting this area I have now played here about 6 times unfortunately the course is very wet due to the heavy rain and they really should not have carts on fairways to avoid damage, due to the wet conditions the course requires cut everywhere but I guess they staff have been unable to do this, you can see though that course would be pretty good if the work could get done. This did not prevent me enjoying the golf and I will return. I would have marked the pace of play higher but for a very inconsiderate couple who held us up from hole 7 to end!!! Why do some golfers not think of others it's just rude.

"Excellent course at a great price"

jmcmahon17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

A great layout for a day of golf. The course is in great condition and the staff are friendly. We will be regulars at this course. Greens are in great shape and roll true. Tees and fairways always in good shape. We will play here often.

"THE MODEL of how a golf course should be RUN"

DJStephen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

New management has made this course one of the top 5 in all of the Orlando area. It won't be long before you'll have to wait for tee times and not have the luxury of fast paced rounds. Word will spread that this course has EVERYTHING and more to offer any golfer. Perfect conditions, friendly staff, tons of maintenance workers keeping the conditions second to none. I drive nearly 2 hrs. to play this course and highly recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to get some time to return. All you other golf courses take note that Ridgewood is heading to the top of the "must play" list. Great job guys!!!

"So many things good to talk about"

WillyX's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

First the staff was amazing. The new GM is fantastic and I saw him shake everyone's hand that came in. The course is in amazing shape. I played Providence the other day and it was terrible. This course is a hidden gem. I've only been out here once before and it was awful. What a turn around. Great job to the maintenance, staff and especially Travis. I'll return often for sure.

"Really enjoyed myself"

shanedenver's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

I really enjoyed pretty much everything about the course. I'm not a great player but I've played a pretty good variety of courses and I found this one to be very challenging and well laid out. The fairways are tight and were all in great condition. It is the hot/wet summer season right now and there were only two holes that were cart path only. A couple areas under repair but nothing that really took away from the playability of the course. The staff was very accomadating and friendly although there was no beverage cart yesterday when I played. I failed to ask if that was always the case but I imagine it is not. Plenty of restrooms and water along the course too. I was very pleased with my time out there and I look forward to playing it again soon.

"A real gem!"

kobrien52's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

A true gem! Great layout, very playable and great condition (for July in FL). 3 sets of tees ranging from 6100 to 7000 yds so you can play it as hard ir easy as you like. The new owner/GM is a real gentleman. I played Providence the day before and was less than impressed. Terrible condition. Im a 3.5 index and appreciate a good track. If you're looking for a great course at great price. would highly recommend Ridgewood Lakes.

"Beautiful Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

This is a beautiful, well maintained course. The landscaping is gorgeous. This course is challenging. There are lots of beautiful lakes to lose balls in also! LOL

"Awesome New Management"

mpres1973's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2017

Travis is excellent and love this course. They always take care of their customers and its a great value for the course your playing. Love it!

"Great round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

The staff was friendly and the new ownership is making a huge improvement in the course. Great value for the money. Can't wait to see the course during season.

JDUB8090's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

"Hidden Gem"

Jahird's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

My group of friends (6 of us) happened up on this course for a great price on Groupon. We had the privilege of meeting the new owner, who greeted us and made sure we had a great time. The layout of the is interesting and it offers a challenge to players of a wide range of abilities. I'm a hack and s couple of my friends shoot in the 80s... everyone found some challenge and sone success.

I love the course and look forward to the next round and this impressive property!

"Awesome!"

greene51's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

New GM met us at the 1st tee. They have new ownership and everyone at the club is excited to see improvements to the course. Will there to play again on Sat. Love the layout and course.