Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club

Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Course Condition"

RichardR5907's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course was in horrible condition. The greens were really bad.

Fairways were not mowed properly

Course Layout: Poor

"Ridgewood Lake Not in great shape"

RKLerner's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Overgrown grass, mowed with all the dead grass left on top, easy to lose your ball, greens 30% mud, poor conditions at this time. I have played this course when it was in much better shape. At this time, would wait for conditions to improve.

"Lakes = dragonflies and lostballs"

Chuck2063203's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We had no problem with the conditions of the course, although a few greens had some bald spots we had to putt through.

Frustration set in when we began losing balls, over 10 between us. The fairways are narrow and many were lined on both sides by water - either marsh, creeks, ponds or lakes. And all of that water attracted an inordinate amount of dragonflies around the greens, making putting sometimes distracting.

I would recommend this course only for those who drive accurately most of the time.

"I'll be back"

drtcv's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Played at 8 AM. Course was a little wet, but playable. For being the middle of summer, course was in good shape and you can't beat the price.

"Nice Layout but....."

LurkinRhino's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Nice layout and fairly priced for what you get, but that is about the end of the good news.

The Greens were very hit or miss, they rolled ok but many of them were full of dirt patches. We did receive "bounce back" cards to come back after the greens were better so that was a nice gesture.

The pro shop was barren. Only a few caps and maybe 5 shirts, a skirt and a few boxes on no name balls for sale. No prepared foods to purchase, only chips, crackers and peanuts. No beverage/snack cart and only 2 water coolers that we can remember on a day with the heat index in triple digits.

Tee boxes were not cut very short, the fairway grass was what rough would be on every other course, and the rough was very thick.. Sand traps were hard panned and none were raked. The course layout is very nice with many shot making holes to challenge your game. It just seems that the budget is very thin here and it shows in the conditions and in the pro shop, no starter or rangers. All the staff members that we did encounter were very nice and polite. I've read that they are under new ownership, maybe in some time this could be a nice option in the area.

"Course has emproved since I last played"

Lduchien's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

Course was the best Conditions that I remember, However ta few of the greens need some careful attention

"Overrated"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2017

How this course manages to maintain a 3.1/2 star rating is a miracle.

No system at counter for checking bookings,

There isn't a pro shop, just a "canteen" style facility with minimal golfing supplies.

I needed a glove and they had quite a few, but they were all women's.

Took 10 minutes for them to confirm my booking.

I paired myself up with Ed from Virginia on the second hole where we found ourselves "stuck" behind a four ball of high handicap members.

And unfortunately that's where we stayed, without any invitation of playing through on the 13th Ed called it a day and deperted.

I battled on, extremely slowly for the remaining holes waiting between 5 and 8 minutes on each tee.

A memorable round but for all the wrong reasons.

Course is laid out pretty good but a course of this rating you would expect it to be in better condition.

Thanks RWL but I won't be back.

"The course needs a bit of TLC"

Johnbogan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2017

The course is great value for money I booked with Golfnow and it only cost $15 It was great value for money however the course needs a bit of attention the greens are a little bare in patches with little bits of disease.The tee boxes could be better cared for.The clubhouse looks like it is being refurbished so there is no pro shop and there is not a great deal of equipment for sale.All the business is conducted from restaurant.Will play it again though

"Pleasantly Surprised"

SkipStull's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

For me, A good day at a golf course starts when I walk in the door. Great personality to greet us, Thanks!

Continues with an architect whose on his game with the space available. That worked. Bonus that the course is visually appealing.

Made for a splendid afternoon. To bad it's going to rain this afternoon, I would be back there now.

"World Class Club Professional"

AllMarine's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Mr. Travis Chivers, the Ridgwwood Lakes GC General Manager/Head Pro is one of the friendliest and proficient golf professionals I have ever encountered. Applause goes out for his superintendent and maintenance staff. Altogether, as a team for just 7 weeks, they have transformed a borderline dog track into one of there most sought after championship play courses for pro/scratch am players, i.e.. the greens are now excellent and are quickly getting great, if you like fast and true.

But what is most interesting about Mr. Chivers is his world class people skills and genuine excitement for taking the club upwards to where it has never ventured before.

I have conducted over 5,000 pro/scratch am events in central Florida. When I brought our pros to Rdgewood Lakes GC for a look see, I and the players were never so pleasantly surprised. Out tour offered to pay the club more than the negotiated price, which Mr. Chivers rejected. Then we booked them as much as we could for the foreseeable future.

We cannot wait to play their greens this winter season, as they have no plans for overseeing, which in Florida means your greens are very fine and are going to roll very pure and fast. Check us out at OGATOUR.org

"Awesome Course"

hkim711's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2017

What a awesome course to play and a great staff to help you in ever step of the way. We had booked a different course for the next day but love this place so much we decided to stay and play here.

"Wonderful Course"

Ggh136's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

Played this course a couple of times before with my husband. The course is under new management and the improvements are amazing! From tee to green this course is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly! They make you feel very comfortable and welcome. Enjoyed the whole experience!

"Massive improvements"

Stevejohn396's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

With new management in place, this course is not only in great shape, it is also challenging and fun! Travis, the new GM, and his staff are extremely attentive. You can see the many improvements this course has undergone from the rebuilding of the tee boxes to the regeneration of the greens. Additionally, the maintenance around the many lakes has improved dramatically making playing this course a truly great golfing experience. The massive improvements to this course in such a short amount of time certainly qualify it for the come-back course of the year!

ddelaney89's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017

"Fantastic Value"

DeanoB2017's avatar

First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Have just returned from a 3 week holiday staying at an apartment on the complex.

I’m not a great golfer but took the opportunity for a round with my 18 yr old son.

Cut a long story short, we caused some accidental damage to one of the landscaped areas. Travis (the GM) was very understanding and took time to console my son who was very upset. A gesture I, and hope my son, will never forget.

The course itself is beautiful. You will need your ‘A’ game for this one if you are a duffer like me. Back 9 is the tougher set, with the front 9 being more picturesque.

The ground keeper is doing a brilliant job, as during the 3 weeks we had more rain than I have ever seen some days and blisteringly hot days on others.

Greens were quick, and the grass breed on the fairways means you are not getting much beyond the carry… so club up.

Excellent value for the round with cart included.

Staff also concerned with your welfare as the first time we tried to play we were advised not to because of the approaching thunderstorm and lightening.

Cannot recommend it enough. This course will present a challenge to mid and high handicappers as the fairways are tight.

"Great Course and Staff"

Kits7619351's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

First the staff and new GM, Travis, was amazing. Range and range balls were in great condition. Teed off on time and great pace of play. Course is in the best condition I have seen it in years. Perfect deal and worth every penny! Will be back often.

"GREAT VALUE"

CFHacker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

We played the coarse this morning. They had experienced 6" of rain in the past several days, so cart path only was in effect, the coarse was without a doubt saturated. The cart paths were in pretty good shape considering the amount off standing water about the coarse, but it was a challenging track.

The coarse I was told has new management. The group seems to have a genuine interest in creating an outstanding golf experience.

The front nine plays pretty tight with an abundence of water and well placed bunkers to provide plenty of technically challenging shots.The back opens up a bit, but still plenty water hazard to consider.

The tee boxes were in good shape, and greens were in pretty good shape, although a bit slow due to the wet conditions.

Overall the coarse provides a GREAT VALUE for the dollar, can't wait to get back. Hopefully, Mother Nature gives the staff a break.

AndyKsr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/22/2017

The course was very wet due to big rains the last couple days and was in a cart path only condition, aside from that we had a great time, I live in Orlando and have played most of the nice courses around town and was told by a friend about this course, this was the second round played to date and will continue to be my go to course due to the risk reward challenges and the price.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

"Great golf course under new management"

gregorycmorris's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2017

A lovely golf course that is being restored to (or so I'm told!) it's former glory. I've played here a couple of time over the last few days and although it's very wet, the general condition of the course is very good, although some of the greens are being/need to be worked on. However, at the current price, it really is great value for money and I wouldn't hesitate booking another round. The staff were also very friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure our time on the course was enjoyable. Travis, the GM, came over and introduced himself and thanked us for coming to play, a touch which isn't found at many golf courses around the world and something I feel really added a touch of class to the place. Overall, a wonderful golf course with loads of potential.