East at Jacaranda Golf Club

4.4852000000 4.5 stars from 5 (332)

Metal spikes allowed: Yes

4 71 5747 yards 67.8 119
4 (W) 71 5747 yards 73.8 125
5 71 4923 yards 63.9 110
5 (W) 71 4923 yards 68.6 118

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers locals playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers plays long   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Super course well maintained despite previous rain"

Tergolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

This course is worth a visit. Beautifully groomed fairways.....greens fast with tricky borrows.

Altogether a pleasure to play on.

Commented on 10/23/2017

We appreciate the Excellent review and the 5 star rating! We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and it's always nice to know when we've achieved that goal!

"OK course, not so OK atmosphere"

maddoginaz's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

After booking what I thought was a good deal through GolfNow ($31), I got to the course and was told it would be $85 because I didn't have a Premier card. The booking description said it was the "Premier card rate", but nothing about requiring you to have the card. OK, I'll take some responsibility for not understanding the rate differences, but the booking $31rate description could have been better explained. I even clicked on the link to buy the card and it told me to check back in mid-November. That not withstanding, the kid in the proshop was totally unsympathetic to my shock at the $85 rate he charged me. I explained my GolfNow booking rate, my first time here, on vacation, etc. and asked if he could cut me some slack. Nope, no way. Gotta have the card !! So much for visitor satisfaction. After coughing up $85, I find the the course obviously still had hurricane damage, lots of wet/muddy spots, numerous holes "cart path only", and sandy greens. Bottom line -- premier rate, less than premier course conditions. And certainly not a friendly reception. Won't be coming back and will tell my FL golf buds and friends about my experience.

Commented on 10/23/2017

We are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience in the Pro Shop and we will address that directly with our staff. While it is true that you do need a Premier Card in order to receive the rate and we cannot "cut slack" with regard to that, we expect our staff to remain professional and polite when delivering that message. We understand your disappointment and truly hope we'll have an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

"One of the Best Courses in Ft Lauderdale Area"

vinodksharma's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

This course is like a home course for me. Jacaranda East is the longer of the two courses but easier in terms of difficulty. On this occasion, the course was cart path play only. The fairways, though in excellent condition, were water logged because of the recent heavy rains. The greens were in excellent condition and rolled true. The pace of play was excellent and we as a foursome finished the round in 4 hrs. One big disappointment was lack of drinking water around the course. Usually, Jacaranda is very good with placing water coolers with ice cold water at every 5-6 holes, but this time it was a disappointment as I found water cooler only at the 16th hole.

However, this disappointment will not stop me from playing the course again.

Commented on 10/20/2017

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We are so glad you consider us your home course and look forward to seeing you again very soon. And we will rectify the water situation!

"Superb"

bhollins's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Excellent conditions, great layout both the east and West courses. Great tee boxes, fairways, and greens.

Commented on 10/16/2017

Thank you! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we're glad to know you enjoyed your experience at Jacaranda.

"Jacaranda"

Francis1609013's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course and greens in excellent condition. Great Golf Course

Commented on 10/16/2017

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the East Course and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Commented on 10/16/2017

Thank you for the 5 star rating! It's always nice to know when a guest has a great experience. See you soon!

"Usually a great course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

Played the east course for the first time. Got a hot deal rate. The course was pretty beat up but we did just have a hurricane a couple of weeks ago. I was most upset when I was on the driving range. I was going to hit a few of my own shag balls that I keep in my bag and the marshal yelled at me for doing so. Didn't know what the big deal was. Everyone else was super friendly and very accommodating though. But the course should get back into shape soon. I would probably wait to play full price.

Commented on 10/09/2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience on the driving range but we do not allow extra balls to be hit that were not purchased in the Pro Shop. This does cause extra wear and tear to the range. We certainly do not approve of our staff "yelling" at any of our guests and we will be sure to address that situation. We are glad you had a chance to play the course after we were closed for a month due to the impact of Hurricane Irma. We let everyone know that there's still work to be done to get the course back into the incredible shape our guests are used to at Jacaranda. We hope to see you again soon!

Eddy48's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Great course, although the greens appeared to have been air rated the greens were running good.

Commented on 09/08/2017

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We do aerify the courses twice a year and just finished our final aerification of the year. We hope you'll get to come back when everything is PERFECT!

"Great Layout. Good Condition"

GulaBears's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Always enjoy playing at Jacaranda East. Enjoy the layout and the course is in good condition. Greens roll well despite all the rain. Pace of play was decent. You need to be playing well to score well

Commented on 09/08/2017

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review Jacaranda! We're glad you enjoyed the track and we hope you'll be back again soon.

"It was fine"

bpraab's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Not a bad golf course. First thing I saw was a sign saying "course is not responsible for lost or stolen items" and the whole place kind of made me feel like I just MIGHT get something stolen. It was fine just way too many other places I would prefer .

Commented on 09/01/2017

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review, but we are disappointed to hear you felt this way. If you have the opportunity please email Kasey kasey@jacarandagolfclub.com with some more details regarding your experience at the club. We sincerely hope we have the opportunity to improve and impress you in the future.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Commented on 08/24/2017

That you so much for the 5 star review! We are glad to know you enjoy Jacaranda and we look forward to your next visit.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Commented on 08/21/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Jacaranda. We look forward to your next visit!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

Commented on 08/08/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate Jacaranda. We hope we have an opportunity to exceed your expectations soon!

"beautiful"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in excellent conditon. The greens rolled smoothly, the fairway looked like carpet and the colurse layout was challenging and fun. You have a choice of 5 tee positions and they really change the difficulty of the course. I wish I had a course like this in NY. I highly recommend it.

Commented on 08/03/2017

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We hope you'll visit again next time your in Fort Lauderdale!

"WHY"

Ben9743742's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017

Why is a course with such a good layout and in very nice shape everywhere that is green can the traps be SOOOO BAD.

They are the worst sand traps in Florida

If you're lucky, they will settle in a place where they're like rock quarries. If you're unlucky, they your ball with rest on top of the white mesh or you can't find it since it will have sunk 6 inches deep along the sides that the crew rakes

Commented on 08/03/2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad you enjoy the majority of our course conditions. We've been hit pretty hard with rain this summer and as a result the bunkers do get washed out and can be difficult to maintain. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on the course again soon.

"Jacaranda East"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

Played this course about a week before and was the second time playing. All as previous tee boxes fairways in great shape. Greens very marked with un repaired pitch marks. Overall good golf challenge. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely come back next year during my vacation. Greens did run true and were relatively fast if you could avoid the pitch marks. I don't understand why golfers cannot repair their own pitch marks its quite simple these people would be removed from my home course in the UK.

"Jacaranda East"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

Staff all very accomodating and friendly. Tee boxes fairways in great shape. Greens good condition however LOTS of un repaired pitch marks. Had to repair at least four per green on my putting line. Not the course fault players please repair pitch marks you are ruining a lovely course. Greens quite fast and true when pitch marks repaired. Drinks cart seemed to be on hand when required which was good on a hot day. Overall good test of golf for all levels. Would recommend to all.

Commented on 08/03/2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and excellent review. We certainly try to encourage everyone to repair their divots and ball marks and we work with our maintenance staff to repair those areas when they have time. We hope to see you when you're back in the area.

"Just awesome."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

Basically one of the best golf courses in Florida worth every penny

Commented on 08/03/2017

Awesome! We are so glad you loved the course and we look forward to your next visit.

"Nice course"

MarceloMiguel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

This course in one of the best condition of manteined than I have played in Florida .

Very frendly and highly recomended to enjoy golf course.

Commented on 08/03/2017

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We work hard to provide superior customer service paired with pristine course conditions. It's always nice to know when we've succeeded!

"Great course for the money"

fog4308's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Played this course 3 times in 3 days and each time had a wonderful time. Staff was very friendly and pace of play was excellent. Course, and especially the greens were in great shape considering how much rain there was recently. Fairways and greens were in much better shape than Doral.

Commented on 07/14/2017

This is definitely the type of review we love to receive! It's always nice to know we exceeded your expectations in course conditions AND customer service. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself so much that you played 3 times! We look forward to your next visit.