Club at Emerald Hills, The

• 4100 N Hills Dr, Hollywood, Florida 33021, Broward County
  • www.theclubatemeraldhills.com

Year built: 1969
Architect(s): Charles Ankrom, Bruce Devlin (1969), Robert von Hagge (1969)
Type: Semi-Private
Style: Parkland
Greens: Tif Eagle Bermuda
Fairways: Common Bermuda

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Metal spikes allowed: Soft spikes only
Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Silver (W) 72 5477 yards 72.7 129
Silver 72 5477 yards 66.8 123

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge locals   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens forced carries   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"waste of time and money"

med9344's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

AWFUL!! RSTHER HAVR A ROOT CANAL!! Rough is so long and thick any ball out od fairway is lost. Seriously !! Inexcusable all around from overgrown traps to torn up greens. Save your money...regardless how cheap!

"Emerald Hills"

wconwell's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

One of my favorite courses in Florida. Great layout for all levels of play.

WORST course played this year relative to condition. While understanding the hurricane damage, others in the area have made MUCH more progress. Unless you hit every fairway and green, the course is basically unplayable. Most balls off the fairway - even 2 feet off -

are either lost or require a 4 man search party for 5 - 10 minutes. If you were to play all lies down and count lost balls, you will shoot 20-25 shots higher than your average score.

Before booking your round, contact the course to make sure they've corrected playing conditions.

P.S. also punched greens look like divots - all two putt greens for us mortals!

Hope they fix - it's an awesome track.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Course Layout: Poor

ciga37's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The rough int his course is unplayable. A couple of feet from the fairway and you are in deep rough which leaves you an almost imposible shot to make. And that's when you are lucky enough to find your ball. Sincerely, it was a nightmare playing this course that day...

"Awesome Experience"

Michael3940918's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Had a great time playing this legendary track. Came out to vacation decided to play a little golf and had an awesome time! Great staff nice and friendly, awesome track and well maintained. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

"Terrible conditions"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

I understand the area was hit with a hurricane two weeks ago. But the rough should not be so long you can only find your ball 10% of the time. It was so long and bad that we took a penalty drop a couple times and lost the ball we dropped for a minute. I just don’t understand how you can’t mow the rough because of a hurricane two weeks prior. It made for a terrible round and a very frustrating day. When I checked in I asked the guy the conditions and he replied a little rough but no one is complaining. I can’t see how that was humanly possible. I do however see that this course will be and I’m sure was a Beautiful course prior to the hurricane. But the rough should be mowed because it’s a foot high in some places right off the fairway. I still plan on going back in a couple months to see the difference because I see the course has huge potential in its normal state. Just wish they would have made more effort to trim the rough.

"The Rough = Frustrating Golf"

Apappas123's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

Let me start by saying this was post Hurricane Irma so all S. Florida courses were in clean up mode but based on my findings that doesnt matter, so here goes...the height of the Rough made it impossible to play and for that alone I would asvise not to play the course until they cut it to a proper height to find balls. The course used to be one of the preiminent courses in S. Florida, that distinction based on my experience and some members I plated with has been lost a long time ago. Everything is great on the course...the Rough needs to be cut and some details attended to but all in all until that happens you can go to a any number of courses because this one is just below averagr at this time. I look forward to playing this great course when its ready to do so.

"A true gem in S Florida"

oscarchica's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

After playing this course it instantly became my favorite. The greens were absolutely perfect and course was well maintained. I had so much fun playing the course and using every club in my bag to attack the various different hole layouts. Staff was very friendly and courteous. I played this course on a hot deal and i got way more than my money's worth. I will be looking to play here again as soon as possible.

Joseph8373386's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

"Awesome Course, Great Value"

Longball1234's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/12/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

Was in Miami and searched for place to play in area on Golf Now and got tee time for great rate at Emerald Hills. The course has a great layout and was in really good shape. For a Saturday the pace was enjoyable and felt like I was at a private country club. The location was easy to get to, had a great time. Whenever I get back to FLA I will definitely play there again.

"Just OK"

JCLARKE417's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a well known respected course around here.

The restaurant, clubhouse, locker room etc are all first class. I am only able to play this course during the summer due to pricing and I look forward to playing it, but......disappointed for some very simple but important issues. First, course was empty. We teed off early as a twosome, saw very few people all day. But this is Florida in August. There was no ice water available. Yes, there was a cooler with cups by the starter, but the water wasnt cold, no ice, no tops for the cups so water gets bounced out pretty early. There was absolutely no water anywhere on the course. Even at the one or two bathroom stops, no water fountains at all. No cart girl either, which I can understand with no one on the course, but this is extremely important when heat index is 105. Course condition just ok. Nothing spectacular. Fairways good, but not great. Greens ok, but not special. Rough was very rough, hard to find balls. The course layout itself is a challenging but fun course to play as no two holes are the same. I enjoy the course layout, just too hot and thirsty to really enjoy the round. Cmon EH, your too good for this. These are easy things to fix for those who play this well known special course.

waldo60's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

"LONGGGG course needs some TLC"

ariblaine's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a great buy for the money, great course BUT...needs better upkeep, for G-ds sake give the players water bottles on the cart ...no cart girl on the course, the course needs some better upkeep...It is a veryyy long course and i would prefer to cut down the par 5s from 550/560 ... good value for the money

"Course in poor condition"

uXSCB9020XS's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

The condition of this golf particularly the greens and in very bad condition. Lack of course maintenance

"Good layout"

alharborne's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have played Emerald Hills a couple of times, and it is pretty good value - although make sure you book a time online, even if (like me) you are just playing a twilight single. The price is much higher if you just walk in, which I haven't experienced anywhere else.

The course is well laid out, and there are a couple of stretches of holes (5-7, 12-15, 18) that are very memorable. The rest of the holes are good too - except 4, which is pretty silly. Greens are usually pretty good (they had just been aerated when I played the second time), but the tees are pretty woolly. Fairways are ok but always seem to be soft, so the course plays longer than the yardage suggests - don't be tempted to try it off those emerald tees!!

Can be quieter than other nearby courses, which is nice for a quick game. But as others have reported, it is poor that there is nowhere to fill a water bottle on the course.

"Excellent course on a hot buy"

neimanmarcs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Had the opportunity to play here for an amazing hot deal. This course is very challenging; on your best best day as a 15 hcp add 10 strokes...no joke. Otherwise great staff, very clean course and clubhouse. I will be back for revenge.

"Common sense would have made for the perfect day"

Ed2238835's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Simple - roll your greens from 18-1 or let your players out on the back 9 and roll from 1-18. Seems like a simple solution to make your reviews better. Instead as a once a year visitor Florida, I'll find another of the 100's of choices to play, and happily pay more for better greens. We were followed by the green roller from 1-4, finally on 5 we said, go ahead and roll this one quickly and we'll let you get ahead of us. "No, I can't go as fast as you." Ok then, how bout you go to 18 and start rolling in reverse order? 'No, Im not allowed." At the turn we pleaded with the starter to a "What it does it matter, the greens are the same either way." Can you please ask him to start rolling the back, and maybe we could play 3-4 greens in their best condition? "No" "That's how he does it". Bummer!!!! I wouldn't care either if I hadn't got to play the 4th green which had been 1/2 rolled. So I putted from one side full of water, debris, bumps and divots from weekend play, to the other side which was 50% faster, very true, debris free, dry, and smooth. That's the memory I left with, still can't figure out the simple lack of logic and disdain for customers who tee off at 7:30 AM on a summer morning to avoid the worst hear.

"Awesome golf course and experience"

birdiedawg's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

Drove down from West Palm Beach since I heard this was a great golf course and my friends were right. The golf course design is spectacular and the greens roll fantastic. It has a vintage South Florida charm with an exclusive feel. I will be back very soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017