Panther Lake at Orange County National

Champ 72 7350 yards 76.0 139
Orange 72 6849 yards 73.3 132
Tan (W) 72 5319 yards 70.8 123

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers playing multiple courses locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"About to be sold ?"

Michael8215262's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Panther Lake & Crooked Cat are still living in the past. In 2014 the courses were beautiful. Today, July 2017, the courses are barely playable. The fairways and rough are mostly dirt. The greens were in good shape. On Sunday, we were on track to play a 6 hour round. They allowed a 2 some to go out in front of us on a Sunday and in front of the 2 some was a 5 some with 3 carts. Very amateur. We quit after 9 holes at the 3 hour mark. In 9 holes we did not see the cart girl one time. They purposefully don't have a water or an ice machine at the club house so that you have to buy drinks, but if the cart girl doesn't come around you will die of thirst. It appears that Celebration Golf Management (owner) might not have enough money to keep up the courses. The lodge staff was not friendly and neither were the bar/restaurant staff. The guys in the pro shop did a great job. Due to the poor condition of the courses we will no longer return. I suspect others will feel the same and until the courses are sold off to a company that has the money to up keep them I would say the future of OCN is not looking good.

Response from OCN Management on 07/05/2017:

Hi Michael8215262,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Our management is committed to accommodating all golfers and providing a fun day of golf. Pace of play is a top priority, but on this day was not up to our standard. There is complimentary water in the clubhouse for anybody looking for refreshment. Hopefully, you can come back and see us again so we can improve your 1 star experience. Thank you for golfing with us!

"I've seen this course in better conditions"

sgtnpd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017

I have played this course many times and it has been in great condition. This time it had some issues, fairways were not in great condition, staff mentioned a 3 month water restriction. Would give course some time to recover and it will be back to its glory, but as of today I would avoid playing. My luck I scheduled crooked cat for the next day be for seeing the course conditions.

Response from OCN Management on 07/05/2017:

Hi sgtnpd,

Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to maintain good course conditions in this brutal Florida summer. The rain will continue to help the fairways as we move into season. We hope to see you back on the course soon!

"Stupid is as stupid does"

rich1111's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2017

The crooked cat was closed and they scheduled a tournament on a Saturday morning. Peak time. They were hour behind in tee times. Employees were rude and not happy because they screwed up placing a tournament at this time. Delayed and no offer of anything to make up for the hour delay nothin. Worst service ever. Started was arrogant bragging about charity tournament. What golf course schedules a tournament when one of your two course is closed.

Response from OCN Management on 07/05/2017:

Hi rich1111,

Thank you for golfing with us! Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss details of your experience. Our standard at OCN is to fully accommodate every golfer, even during a tournament. Next time, we would be happy to take any requests you may have to make your round of golf more enjoyable.<br/>

Shawn3933734's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Response from Panther Lake at Orange County National on 06/05/2017:

Thank you for the 4 stars! Come play again soon!

"Great course glad I played!!!"

Itsme6673's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

This course is designed nicely and gives you great challenges on the back nine.

Response from OCN Management on 06/13/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course design. See you soon!

"Great muni"

jbgregg1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

The greens were very good, tee boxes and fairways were good too. They had some fungus problems on some holes but it didn't hurt play. Would play again and try the crooked cat too.

Response from Panther Lake at Orange County National on 06/05/2017:

We are glad you enjoyed our great course greens! We look forward to your next round.

"You must play"

696murra's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

The only thing I'm mad at is I don't live closer. Would play this course all the time. Greens role and role true!!! Forgiving and challenging wrapped in to one.... love it!!!

Response from Panther Lake at Orange County National on 06/05/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. We hope you keep coming back for more despite the distance!

"Great Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in great shape. The greens were a goof fast pace, but not too fast. The fairways and greens were surprisingly in great shape considering the lack of rain on Orlando. Will definitely play this course again on my next golf trip.

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

We look forward to seeing you back on your next golf trip! Our staff works had to maintain excellent course conditions, even with the drought. Summer rain will much appreciated!

"Will be back!"

Kenny5768514's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

From the moment we arrived we knew this was going to be a good day, from the cart guys to the pro shop staff and the starter all very friendly. We played at 07:30 and it was like having a private course! We finished in just over 3 1/2 hours .. course layout was great and fairways stunning, only one very small criticism and that was there was a lot of sand on the greens, looked like the greens had been hollow tined maybe a week ago and we weren't told on booking or arrival... didn't stop our enjoyment tho! Would thoroughly recommend this course!

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

We love to hear about excellent customer service provided to our golfers. The experience starts as soon as you pull into the parking lot! Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation. See you soon!

"Beautiful Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017

Though it kicked my butt, I will definitely be back to play it again. The greens are fast but true. Possible to roll them in from distance because there isn't a lot of bounce that you find at many courses. It's nice to see the elevated greens and fairways. You appreciate every good shot you make and it can still be quite forgiving. I will definitely be back to try to tame this Panther.

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

The course can be challenging, but it's great to hear you are returning for another round with us. Practice certainly makes perfect, so we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the 5 star review!

"Panther Lake"

danny4593889's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

It was a fun round OCN is always in good shape. The only detractor was the slow play

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! Pace of play is closely monitored by our staff and should improve next time out. We're happy to hear you enjoy the course. See you soon!

"Highly recommended, its a memory"

danielccarr's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

I live in the area and believe me you cannot go wrong with Orange County National courses. I would however call ahead and see if they are hosting a tournament since that will change the pace of play and experience. Disappointed I couldn't use my Hot Deal Reward due to the rule change, GN this is a stupid change, not cool.

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

We're happy to hear you make memories on the course with us! Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation.

warden0007's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review!

"Nice Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Course was very nice, for the little amount of rain they have had would of expected it to be burnt to a crisp. Wasn't the case at all, also wasn't too busy so weren't feeling rushed.

Response from OCN Management on 05/10/2017:

Hi u000002359441,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! The lack of rain can be tough, but our staff does an exceptional job maintaining the course. We're happy to hear our golfers taking notice!

Rod1980289's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi Rod1980289,

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation!

"Great course"

nellandchelle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

Great course and in super condition given the dry weather. Bag drop guy was rude and more interested in talking to his colleagues than his guests. Not really representative of the brand. However , the staff in the shop and the starter guy were very friendly. Pin positions were tricky , particularly with the speed of the greens. All in all , a fantastic golf experience and worth the $.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi nellandchelle,

Thank you for golfing with us and providing a 5 star review on your experience! Even with the dry weather, our staff is doing a great job maintaining excellent course conditions. Pin positions can definitely be tricky on certain holes, but it sounds like you were always up for the challenge. See you soon for another day at OCN!

"Phanter Lake"

tewgto's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

I would definitely recommend this course, this was the greenest course I've played this year. I'll be coming back to play Crooked Cat which I've heard is as good are better. The only reason we didn't play it was due to aeration of the greens. Living on a fixed income limits how much I pay to play, need I say more, this is probably a 100.00 or more course during the winter months, so at 55.00 this was a steal.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi tewgto,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Great to be the greenest course you've played all year. Our staff works hard to maintain great conditions. Also sounds like you found a good value with us which is awesome. See you soon to play Crooked Cat!

"Great track"

bertuzz2004's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

Course was in great shape for how dry the area has been over the past few months, only downside was seeing the ponds dried up. Green were true and rolled well. Range balls were a little steep at $7.30 for 30 balls, but we got a hot deal on GolfNow. Teed off at 1pm, played in under 4hrs. Highly recommend this track, with test all golfers at all levels.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi bertuzz2004,

The recent drought has definitely been tough, but our staff is always hard at work ensuring excellent course conditions. Great to hear you found a good value and played in under 4 hours.

"Disappointed after reading all the positive reviews."

gammie2005's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

We couldn't recommend PL wholeheartedly. Although the par 3s are rather special, we didn't find the rest of the holes particularly memorable. The greens had recently been sanded and putting through and over the lines was like putting on corduroy. We also found the disintegrating fairway Bermuda grass difficult to play from. We received a neutral-going on-frosty reception at the pro's shop, and the bar and restaurant staff were going through the motions - no more. In contrast, the young bag drop team were terrific.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi gammie2005,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Recent sanding can slightly affect break on the greens, but we hope you can come back over the summer to try again. As for customer service, we take these comments very seriously and will assess the situation for next time. This is a top priority at our facilities and apologize you did not find our standard of service. Thank you for golfing with us at OCN!

Ray8306911's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2017

Response from OCN Management on 05/03/2017:

Hi Ray8306911,

Thank you for the 5 star review!