Westridge Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - Westridge Golf Academy

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. Collared shirt required. No denim facility.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for sharing feedback on your round at Westridge Golf Club!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2018

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

"Improved course conditions"

eblas101's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/15/2018

I have been playing this course for about 4 years now, and after a short period of seeing horrible course conditions, Greens, fairways and bunkers are so much better. I am glad to see this local course make such great improvements.

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

We're so happy to hear your feedback on course improvements! Thank you for taking time to share feedback. See you soon!

abraham7007298's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/12/2018

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review!

"Friendly staff"

mikekim1129's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

The staff are nice and friendly.

Moderately difficult courses are also good.

It feels like hitting in a new place every time.

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and recommendation!

"Stay Away!"

timbradypsyd's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2018

Booked a 12:37 tee time on a Wednesday, figuring that would give plenty of time to finish before sunset. Arrived to the first tee, one foursome in the fairway, and 3 more foresomes waiting to tee off. The marshall came by and said he expected the pace to be 5 hours and 40 minutes. Really? On a Wednesday? If we had actually finished 18 holes, it probably would have been about that. Apparently this course overbooks tee times or does not enforce any pace of play.

Now on to the course conditions. Greens were shaggy, slow, and bumpy. Fairways were in poor condition due to lack of water, and tee boxes were pretty sad. The layout of the course is actually very interesting, and this is the one benefit I saw in playing the course. It has potential if it were properly maintained and not overbooked. This course looks like a good deal online, but I would never play it again no matter what the price. Not worth the time spent.

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for golfing with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're sorry to hear about the pace of play on this particular day. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience.

"too many people in the course"

vomax8's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2018

I think on that day the weather is good, there are too many people in the course and I guess it will take 6 hours at least the finish the 18 holes, I finally give up and just play 12 holes, I think all the players start after 12:00 can't finish the 18 holes and the sunset time is 4:55 pm.

we waited every holes for at least 10-12 mins.

Marshall try to divert the traffic and ask if we can skip 2 holes then it will be faster, we follow his instructions to do so as his intention is good, but after we go to that hole and play in the fairway, the group behind thought we were jump in the line and they just tee of disregard we are still in the fairway ( very dangerous indeed. and even they are very rude and by pass us even though we explained that this is not our intention.

I believe the marshall should let all the players know their instructions and change or else it will create unhappy feeling among all of us

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on the pace of play. We're sorry to hear there was poor communication with other golfers on the course. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience.

"NEVER AGAIN!"

Vincent2702123's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

My email to the course pro and course general email: Eric,

Today 1-3-18 was a great day for golf…unfortunately, not at Westridge Golf Course.

I had a tee time with you at 12:07 that I booked through my membership at Golf Now. Your course is my break from my home course Black Gold, however this may change after today…I will see how you take care of this before I make any decisions.

I asked the starter for a cart alone, for a couple reasons; I do a lot of business on my phone, I’m 6’3, 215 lbs, and I am a scratch player. What does he do? He pairs me up with an elderly gentleman that plays from the reds (see video attached).

Further, the pace of play today was atrocious! The course was so obviously overbooked… there was long waiting on every hole. The ‘Marshall’ came around and didn’t do or say anything of use… but what he did say that caught my attention was “expect a 6 hour time for the course today, and if you want to complain write the golf pro.” Well, now I am writing the golf pro. We didn’t come close to finishing the course. … my tee time gives me plenty of time to finish your course before sunset… there really is no excuse for all this. When you pay for 18 at a tee time that can easily finish the course … you expect 18, not 5 holes short.

Outside of complaining to you, there’s not really much us players can do except review your course as Golf Now asks us to do after every round of golf we book through them, share this review on such platforms as Yelp, Google, and with other players we meet on other courses, and lastly, just not play your course anymore.

THEY DID NOT RESPOND TO MY EMAIL...

Response from Westridge Management on 01/22/2018:

We're sorry to hear you did not receive a response to your email. This was not intentional as our golfers are the most important part of Westridge Golf Club. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience and general accommodations, including cart preferences.

"Awesome layout, beautiful views"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

I was a single and got put with a foursome and the round took over 5 hours. But for the price I paid and on New Years day, I have no complaints. This course has always had the feel of a better than average weekender type course. There are many holes requiring high accuracy, but the greens, although fairly difficult, are manageable if you play the course a few times and get to know them. I always enjoy playing Westridge!

Response from Westridge Management on 01/05/2018:

We always enjoy providing great value for our golfers! Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. See you soon!

"Course as always been challenging,"

riconow's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

Course has always been challenging. A bit slow due to the holidays crowd

Response from Westridge Management on 01/05/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

"Good but could be better"

pteufel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2017

I've had better rounds and the course conditions have slipped a tad since the last time I played. Pace was slower than usual, paired with a slowish older couple and following slowish foursomes - guys playing blue tees when they shouldn't be and taking EVERY putt, probably betting on the round or skins. No Marshals evident. I found too many traps and most of them were in poor shape - nearly all of them were super wet - irrigation patterns need to be adjusted to keep water out of the traps. Fairway grass was hard, but OK. Greens were in good condition. A good round at a great price, but could have been better with a few small tweaks from the management.

Response from Westridge Management on 01/05/2018:

Thank you for golfing with us and recommending the course!

"Reward of the turtle courses"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/25/2017

Couldn't tee off on time as too many players pending at the 1st tee box, It seemed that people did not want to finish the round for early dinner, some tee boxes hanging six golf carts to wait for teeoff. One very important slow cause was the holes and tee boxes were setting in the most difficult places, For example, the PAR 3 HOLE #16, The hole was set at the end with blind zone and glen with blue flag, people had to take a long time to find the lost balls and then drop the balls, and the green were cheating and made much more putting to finish the hole. We spent 5 hours and only finished 15 holes.

Response from Westridge Management on 01/05/2018:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're sorry to hear the pace of play was inconsistent during your round. Please come back and play again in 2018 so we can improve your next experience.

"Extremely late and slow. Tee times too close together."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017

Our tee time was for 1145 and didn’t get out until 1230. Our round was 5 hours and didn’t finish our round before sunset. The scheduling of players needs to be much better. We schedule a tee time based with the premise we can finish our round. This is unacceptable.

Response from Westridge Management on 12/26/2017:

We're sorry to hear your round did not start on time. Our staff works hard to accommodate all golfers on the course and can sometimes back up on a busy day. This is certainly not our standard and we look forward to improving your next experience.

"Late"

Sengum's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017

Actually it is my favorite course.But this time I start 40 min late and didn't finish my round.

Response from Westridge Management on 12/26/2017:

Thank you for recommending the course! We're sorry to hear your round had a late start. We look forward to seeing you again!

coachrick50's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 12/21/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review and recommendation!

"Course is Getting Better"

mabooher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/10/2017

Greens and overall course conditions were good considering the lack of rain. Played black tees since the twosome I joined were single digit HCs and were playing black. Course is much harder from the back, but still fun, pace of play was good, but our tee time was 7:10 am.

Response from Westridge Management on 12/13/2017:

Thank you for playing Westridge and sharing your recommendation!

"Course conditions"

Mntnlife's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

Conditions were good. Greens are not to fast. Would be nice to have a little more yardage markers like distance to edge of water or ravines. Otherwise had a fairly good time.

Response from Westridge Management on 12/11/2017:

Thank you for playing Westridge and sharing your feedback!

"Used to be 5 star but not anymore"

Shotylim's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

I live across the street and know how was the course was then it first open , I recently started playing golf again and play my local course. First impression. Then switch the front and back 9 but that is actually good as you finish by the parking lot but they made us start on the back 9 , don't know why. Ok now the good part , I like the layout, very challenging and with great view, Fairway had only a few area of hardpan , When the course was new, all the fairway and rough was immaculate, then a few years later, lots of the fairway was soaked and muddy! Not on the dry side. That day it was 96 degrees! With record temperature for November, The drinking fountain my the restrooms-both of them were not working!,, There were 2 drinking water ice chest and one was out of water !,, and no person driving around to sell us drinks .. we were drying out there !,

Also, only one hole / tee box had a ball washer???? This course could easily be improved with few simple thing. And there were charging $5 for a coke/soda /water. $1 for a cup of ice even when you buy the bottle of soda , seems like they want you to bring all supplies yourself. Not sure when I would play again but only on the dead time with my own drinks a lots of balls

Response from Westridge Management on 11/28/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us and recommending the course! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

mllin012763's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 11/28/2017:

We're sorry to hear you are not able to recommend the course due to the pace of play. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 11/21/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!