Westridge Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - Westridge Golf Academy

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. Collared shirt required. No denim facility.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"the course is challenging than the others"

mrkenkoy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

it was a good weather to play but the other groups in front of us are very slow...we have to wait for few minutes for our turn to tee off...

"Stole my range finder"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

I left my bags outside the clubhouse and someone stole my rangefinder from my bag.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Westridge Management on 09/20/2017:

We're sorry to hear somebody stole your rangefinder. Our staff does their very best to prevent these events from happening. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience on the course and how we can improve your next round.

"Definitely not worth the money-they won't tell you"

cyrusdakota's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

no one will tell you at time of check in that the greens are a mess. they are bumpy, and on several holes, they look like a miniature model of WWI's no man's land.

what is really unfair is that they should tell you that the greens are abnormal, like some nicer courses do when they punch the greens, and this is much worse.

the rough is also very irregular - on some holes the rough is as tall as 8 to 10 inches on one side and short on the other, and you can't see from the t-box, so not only this course is not playing well on the greens, even from the t-box it's a different course altogether.

I'd suggest the management be honest to customers and tell them what to expect, and let the customers make their own decisions, and not try to fool the customers, it may keep the sales numbers a bit nicer in the short term, but that's not a long term strategy.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us at Westridge and sharing your experience! Your feedback on course conditions is very important to us and will help us improve for your next round.

"Course maintenance horrible!"

jody6281249's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Played at 130pm. They started us on back 9 where we quickly found out course hadn't been mowed for quite some time. Fairways way to thick, rough waaayyy too high, not high as in challenging, but just not cut. Greens could use a cut, as well as ball marks cleaned up. As well, some of the bunkers had mud in center, others were so hard my ball landed in some and rolled out and over some of the fairway hills. In addition, we found out coming onto the front 9 for the second half that a girls highschool match plat was going on. Didnt mind them playing, but why start us on back 9? Had we played front first, we would have played faster and not waited.

Course management is just bad, conditions are neglected and don't know why. I seriously was exhausted after the round from hitting in so much thick grass. Not fun nor worth the money.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/12/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. The summer season is tough to manage, but our staff looks forward to improved course conditions moving into next season. Looking forward to your next round!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Not the same course it used to be the greens are a little beat up from the Sun you got to get your practice in before you get to the course but they don't let you use the golf cart until that your tea time so they want you to walk to the driving range and make it back for your tee time

Response from Westridge Management on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation! Looking forward to your next round.

"Course has seen better days"

ByronPGee's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

I booked a tee time for my wife,daughter and myself because I needed to use an expiring golf now voucher. We had last played this course two or three years ago and enjoyed the challenging lay out. However, I read the recent reviews of the course and sadly, it received poor ratings for upkeep. Unfortunately, I have to agree with those reviews. I then googled the course and found out that it was purchased by developers who plan on tearing down the course to build homes. This being California, obtaining CEQA approval to get the permits may take several more years (see for example, Newhall Ranch in Santa Clarita). In the meantime, the owners appear to be putting minimum upkeep as a golf course, because the ultimate plan is to tear it down.

Th good news is that we finished the course in a little more than four hours, which is amazing for a Labor Day. The bad news is that there were very few people on the course - I think because the locals know the fate of the course.my two cents is that if the owners do minimum upkeep, they should charge slightly less than municipal rates to encourage people to play there. If given the choice of playing Los Verdes for $50 and a unkept Westridge for $74, no question I would play Los Verdes. However, if Westridge dropped its price to $40 per round, I would give serious consideration to playing Westridge even with its unkept state.

Sad to see the place go downhill, but it still has a great layout with lots of elevation changes! Also, sadly, we wanted to sit in the lounge afterwards for a drink, but it was closed. They have drinks at the snackbar, but it just isn't the same. Oh well, it probably won't be a golf course the next time we have an inclination to play a hilly, narrow and challenging course.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

Your thoughts on the golf course are greatly appreciated by our staff. Thank you for golfing with us and sharing your experience!

"Sad sad sad"

Sean6536072's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

This used to be a decent shot making course. Didn't know 5 years ago they switched nines. Seems like management is not focused. Course is not in the same condition when I last remembered it. Green are very...I mean VERY slow! You literally need a sledge hammer to get putt moving. Tee boxes and fairways are inconsistent. Sad to see it "let go"..

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to maintain the course and improve playing conditions.

lsmpyk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

k888wood's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

We're happy to provide a good value for your day of golf. Thank you for the 5-star review!

davethao71's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Green are very bad conditions. Fungus green. Just like putting on the dirt path. Will not play even 20 bucks. Horrible green

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course due to greens conditions. Our staff is making improvements as we move outside of tough summer months. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Hot & Fast Round"

mgamet's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

Country club pace as it was so hot so loved it even though some greens are having a problem with patches of bareness ( fungus?).

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

Thank you for recommending the course! It's definitely a hot summer. Looking forward to cooler weather and better greens conditions!

"Disappointing"

holdridgeman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

It has been about 6 months since I last played Westridge, which had undergone an ownership change and seemed to be improving then. I was curious to see what kind of shape the course was in now, as I love the layout and would be happy to play there often. I was very disappointed. The greens were very spotty and slow, looking like they hadn't been mowed; but the fairways were okay. Some of the tee boxes need attention. This is such a fun course when it's in good shape, but I won't be back for a while. The only good thing about the round was the pace of play was good, about 4 1/2 hours for a 7AM tee time on Saturday.

Response from Westridge Management on 08/29/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're sorry to hear course conditions were not up to par during your round. Our staff is working hard to maintain the course for a return visit.

"Poor green conditions"

Bj90623's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Not worth $50. Green condition is very poor. Course did not inform me how bad green conditions were.

Response from Westridge Management on 08/29/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course due to greens conditions. Our staff is aware of the issue and hope to improve your next visit.

"Poor condition"

Mothunt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

The layout of the course is fun but the greens were 20-30% dead from some fungus and parts of the course were dead from lack of water.

The Golfnow price was $74 but the course was only charging $55. The two should talk once in a while.

Response from Westridge Management on 08/29/2017:

Your feedback on course conditions is greatly appreciated. We're sorry for the price difference. Thank you for golfing with us!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 08/29/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Your feedback is always appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Poor greens"

etsuki24's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Overall pace of play was great on a Saturday played in under 4 hours. Did not know or made aware prior to booking or check in that front 9 Greens were horrible and had some kind of

Disease or fungus on it very disappointing. At least golf course staff should inform the public prior to

Booking or play about poor green conditions.

Response from Westridge Management on 08/23/2017:

Our staff is aware of greens conditions and are taking steps to improve the playing surface. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you soon.

"Greens are in rough shape!!"

Gonesurfing's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017

I Played on friday the 18th and teed off at 9am as a foursome. Pace of play was good, right at 4 hours. In my experience this course can varry from a 3 hour round to a 6 hour round, it's hit or miss. The pros; fairways were in good shape and the pace of play was where it should have been. The cons; horrible greens more than 2/3rds of the greens are so badly damaged that they are unplayable. We're not talking bumpy from being recently punched, but actually damaged. Huge portions of fungus and dead spots made any attempt at having a readable put non-existent. My foursome found a deal online for $40 soit wasn't the end of the world. The course is challenging with elevation changes and was still enjoyable, but the greens were very disappointing.

Response from Westridge Management on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for commenting on greens conditions. Our staff is aware and hope to improve your next visit as we head out of summer months.

leeeungho's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 08/23/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! We're sorry to see this 1-star review. Hopefully, you can visit again so we can improve your next experience.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 08/18/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your day with us.

dgk's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 08/18/2017:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We know course conditions are very important to a good round.