Westridge Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Practice hole: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - Westridge Golf Academy

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. Collared shirt required. No denim facility.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Bad timing"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

A tournament was in place, my tee time was moved to be late, weather was cloudy, so not enough time to finish my round,

uCZFB1723CZ's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 11/16/2017:

Thank you for playing #Westridge and sharing your 5-star experience!

"Excellent course for the price"

Darron2924154's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Westridge has always been a favorite of mine to play and now they have made some great improvements to the greens and they are rolling very fast and true. The layout is very challenging with great risk reward decisions off many tee boxes. The hilly terrain also adds to the challenge of this course and forces you to use most shots of the golf game. Challenges include; elevation changes, uneven lies, wind, fast greens, and slopes and angles that gives you false positive reads. Course knowledge goes a long way to help you shoot lower scores here. Length is not the challenge at this course, accuracy is. This is a great course to hone all of your shot making skills. Good luck and shoot'em straight.

Response from Westridge Management on 11/15/2017:

Course knowledge can definitely help improve your next score at Westridge. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Bad booking experience"

thanwinyoo's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

Booked Tee time for 12:20, went to the course at noon and was told my t-time has been changed to 12:45 due to an error caused by GolfNow. This is the second screwup I have experienced with this course in particular to booking thru Gofnow, out of the previous 3. I dont know if this is my bad luck or others have experienced similar but that leaves me with bad taste about course management.

Response from Westridge Management on 11/06/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course due to issues with booking. Please feel free to reach out to the Pro Shop next time to confirm your booking. Thank you for golfing with us!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 11/02/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

"Great layout, very challenging, excellent value"

k888wood's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

Best course in area, excellent value at $29, if you can score at this course, you can score anywhere

Response from Westridge Management on 11/02/2017:

We're happy to hear you found a great value at #Westridge. See you soon!

"Nice course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

Good pace and nice players follow most of golf rules.

Response from Westridge Management on 10/24/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us and sharing your 5-star experience!

"Rock hard bunker damaged club."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

I read some terrible reviews for August and September but the reviews for October conditions seemed better, so I decided to take a chance. The green condition was decent and I teed off at 1:37 on a 100 degree weather on Monday afternoon so barely anyone was playing.

My ball went into the green side bunker on the 15th hole, and I immediately noticed how hard the bunker was: It looked as though the sand had not been refilled for MONTHS. My second bunker experience was on the 4th hole (I started from 10th tee) and my ball went into the right side fairway bunker. Again, the bunker was rock hard with almost no sand in it, and my club face was damaged when I hit my second shot. Very disappointed because this course used to be well managed challenging course and I would not recommend this course to anyone.

Response from Westridge Management on 10/24/2017:

Thank you for the feedback on bunker conditions. We're sorry to hear your round was affected negatively by a damaged club. Please come back and see us again in the season so we can improve your next round.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 10/16/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us and sharing your 4-star experience!

"Course condition"

vomax8's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

Last time I play here the Green and the fairway seems a bit worn out but this time the condition is a lot better esp the grass in the Green. Pro shop staff are friendly and create a very good atmosphere before and after I play.

Response from Westridge Management on 10/16/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear course conditions improved and you received excellent customer service.

"Terrible pace of play"

Byujuico's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017

Played here with my father in law twice in the past two weeks. There was a threesome of ladies our first round that held up 4 groups. No marshall was out to help speed up the pace of play. We finished in over four hours for a mid- week round for just the two of us. The next round there was a fivesome in front of us who would not let us go ahead of them even though there was no one in front. It's more on that group to have proper etiquette but still no marshall regulating the pace of play. Another four hour + round mid- week for a twosome which shouldn't be the case.

Response from Westridge Management on 10/16/2017:

We're sorry to hear the group in front did not let you play through during your round. Your feedback on course management is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

"the course is challenging than the others"

mrkenkoy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

it was a good weather to play but the other groups in front of us are very slow...we have to wait for few minutes for our turn to tee off...

Response from Westridge Management on 09/25/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us at Westridge! We're sorry to hear the group in front of you did not let you play through. Our staff monitors the pace of play and works hard to accommodate every golfer. See you soon!

"Stole my range finder"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

I left my bags outside the clubhouse and someone stole my rangefinder from my bag.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Westridge Management on 09/20/2017:

We're sorry to hear somebody stole your rangefinder. Our staff does their very best to prevent these events from happening. Please feel free to reach out to the pro shop to discuss your experience on the course and how we can improve your next round.

"Definitely not worth the money-they won't tell you"

cyrusdakota's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

no one will tell you at time of check in that the greens are a mess. they are bumpy, and on several holes, they look like a miniature model of WWI's no man's land.

what is really unfair is that they should tell you that the greens are abnormal, like some nicer courses do when they punch the greens, and this is much worse.

the rough is also very irregular - on some holes the rough is as tall as 8 to 10 inches on one side and short on the other, and you can't see from the t-box, so not only this course is not playing well on the greens, even from the t-box it's a different course altogether.

I'd suggest the management be honest to customers and tell them what to expect, and let the customers make their own decisions, and not try to fool the customers, it may keep the sales numbers a bit nicer in the short term, but that's not a long term strategy.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/14/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us at Westridge and sharing your experience! Your feedback on course conditions is very important to us and will help us improve for your next round.

"Course maintenance horrible!"

jody6281249's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Played at 130pm. They started us on back 9 where we quickly found out course hadn't been mowed for quite some time. Fairways way to thick, rough waaayyy too high, not high as in challenging, but just not cut. Greens could use a cut, as well as ball marks cleaned up. As well, some of the bunkers had mud in center, others were so hard my ball landed in some and rolled out and over some of the fairway hills. In addition, we found out coming onto the front 9 for the second half that a girls highschool match plat was going on. Didnt mind them playing, but why start us on back 9? Had we played front first, we would have played faster and not waited.

Course management is just bad, conditions are neglected and don't know why. I seriously was exhausted after the round from hitting in so much thick grass. Not fun nor worth the money.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/12/2017:

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. The summer season is tough to manage, but our staff looks forward to improved course conditions moving into next season. Looking forward to your next round!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Not the same course it used to be the greens are a little beat up from the Sun you got to get your practice in before you get to the course but they don't let you use the golf cart until that your tea time so they want you to walk to the driving range and make it back for your tee time

Response from Westridge Management on 09/12/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation! Looking forward to your next round.

"Course has seen better days"

ByronPGee's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

I booked a tee time for my wife,daughter and myself because I needed to use an expiring golf now voucher. We had last played this course two or three years ago and enjoyed the challenging lay out. However, I read the recent reviews of the course and sadly, it received poor ratings for upkeep. Unfortunately, I have to agree with those reviews. I then googled the course and found out that it was purchased by developers who plan on tearing down the course to build homes. This being California, obtaining CEQA approval to get the permits may take several more years (see for example, Newhall Ranch in Santa Clarita). In the meantime, the owners appear to be putting minimum upkeep as a golf course, because the ultimate plan is to tear it down.

Th good news is that we finished the course in a little more than four hours, which is amazing for a Labor Day. The bad news is that there were very few people on the course - I think because the locals know the fate of the course.my two cents is that if the owners do minimum upkeep, they should charge slightly less than municipal rates to encourage people to play there. If given the choice of playing Los Verdes for $50 and a unkept Westridge for $74, no question I would play Los Verdes. However, if Westridge dropped its price to $40 per round, I would give serious consideration to playing Westridge even with its unkept state.

Sad to see the place go downhill, but it still has a great layout with lots of elevation changes! Also, sadly, we wanted to sit in the lounge afterwards for a drink, but it was closed. They have drinks at the snackbar, but it just isn't the same. Oh well, it probably won't be a golf course the next time we have an inclination to play a hilly, narrow and challenging course.

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

Your thoughts on the golf course are greatly appreciated by our staff. Thank you for golfing with us and sharing your experience!

"Sad sad sad"

Sean6536072's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

This used to be a decent shot making course. Didn't know 5 years ago they switched nines. Seems like management is not focused. Course is not in the same condition when I last remembered it. Green are very...I mean VERY slow! You literally need a sledge hammer to get putt moving. Tee boxes and fairways are inconsistent. Sad to see it "let go"..

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! Our staff is working hard to maintain the course and improve playing conditions.

lsmpyk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Westridge Management on 09/25/2017:

Thank you for recommending the course!

k888wood's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Response from Westridge Management on 09/06/2017:

We're happy to provide a good value for your day of golf. Thank you for the 5-star review!