Hawk's Landing Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Bill Madonna Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Gold – Men 71 5601 yards 67.8 119
Gold – Women 71 5601 yards 72.9 136
Silver 71 4746 yards 68.1 123

Location is near local attractions at a resort convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch dinner

"Awesome staff and course"

734532's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/15/2017

Jim and Jimmy (Big Jim and Little Jim) were a terrific.

They were extremely helpful and gave us great insight.

Both of them made the experience more enjoyable.

"Nice and clean track with some challenges"

tomik17's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

Played it several times in the past and was surprised, how little the impact of the hurricane Irma could be seen. If not playing the tips, the track is not very long, but due to water hazards some places either challenging. Tee boxes, fairways and bunkers in rather very good condition, but on fairways some spots are still wet. Greens were sanded, and not very fast, but true. Staff is cordial and helpful.

Overall – a good place to go, but watch out for rates which are rather high. Except you catch a hot deal with Golfnow, like we did :o)

cuse52's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

"Excellent golf course"

Raymond2074111's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

Had a great round at hawks landing. Friendly staff from start to finish course in good condition playing long due to the amount of rain they have had greens good speed and true. Will definitely be back.

"Not a long course but"

charles1057291's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2017

Short but always a challenge especially if the wind is up and blowing. The greens kept your attention as that break isn’t that big.

"Coming Back!!!!"

rbyczkow's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2017

From the moment of booking the tee time to getting our clubs cleaned at the end, this was one of the best golf experiences I have had yet! Suzanne (in the pro shop, then as our beverage cart server) was bubbly, friendly, and just all around wonderful! Starter Jim was informative, patient, pleasant, and a sweetheart to talk to, he gave us many pointers on several holes. The gentlemen that were handling the carts were very friendly and pleasant and it was great to see their smiling faces on the turn. The course was challenging but so worth it! Pace of play was phenomenal as well as the wildlife we experienced. The views and natural beauty was amazing. Great time...will make it a point to come here in the future!!!

"Last minute booking"

Derekab's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Got a Hot deal 11:30 T off time $24 , Green keepers was doing a great job to get the course back to it's best after the bad weather they had received earlier regarding hurricane Irma

Commented on 09/22/2017

Thank you so much for playing Hawk's Landing, taking time to review our golf course and of course we appreciate our 5-Star rating. Our Golf Grounds and even some of our Golf Operations team pitched in and worked tirelessly to make the golf course playable for our golfers. And within 72 hours we were open and ready for play.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Good Golfing to you Derek!

"Hawks Landing"

Neopost10's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

The pace of play was outstanding as I had the first tee time and played by myself in 2 1/2 hours. The course was in good shape and the only complaint was the conditions of the traps. They were not raked but since I played near the hurricane I will give them a pass.

Commented on 09/22/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Hawk's Landing and for playing golf with us last week. We are glad you were able to get out early morning and play a speedy round of golf.

Hurricane Irma definitely did a number on our golf course with debris, downed trees and massive damage to our bunkers as well. Our team worked tirelessly to first clear the debris from the playable areas and make the course ready for play. We then turned our focus to the perimeter debris and of course the bunkers, which are all cleaned up and looking good again.

We look forward to having you out again real soon so we can score a 5-Star rating on your next round.

Good Golfing!!

"Welcoming course"

josiemay's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

From unloading the car at the bag drop to packing up to leave - made very welcome, the course had undergone maintenance following hurricane Irma but was in excellent condition, the greens had been treated therefore a little slow but a good test for any level of golfer. Thoroughly enjoyed playing this course and would highly recommend it.

"This course gave a decent enough challenge"

mmartinez09's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

I played the green tees and the length from tee to water, bunkers or dog leg forced you to think your way around the 18. I look forward to my second time around to use the knowledge gained in the first round. I was so impressed by this course that I am seriously considering a membership. Irma was only gone less than a week, although you could see signs of that hurricane in the sand and some trees and structures the staff did a heck of a job getting this course playable. I'll be back next Friday.

"Pre-Hurricane Round"

xkyleclark3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Since I moved to Florida, I heard from various people how great this course was. I was finally able to play it for a great price on GolfNow. This is now a course I can't wait to go back and play. It is definitely very trick. That first par 5 especially. I will play the course slightly different on my second attempt. I was able to still put together a nice round, but it had potential to be a really good round for me. Course management is a big key around here. Make sure to look at the GPS prior to teeing off. Staff was excellent as well!

"Great Course"

Evgeny1255162's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

Great flat Florida Course around Mattiott World Center Hotel. All facility High Level with beautiful views of the Hotel. I played right before Hurricane Irma, so was nobody there. Nice layout with some doglegs and water in play. Greens were pretty good for end of summer and rolling true. Nice bunkers with very soft sand.

Overall Very nice place to be specially if you can find good deal on GolfNow to safe couple of bucks, cause get pricy in Season.

Definitely will come back when in the area.

"Wonderful all the way around"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

First time playing this course and I will definitely be back. It was in great shape, has a good layout, and staff was very friendly. Even spent time going over the tough holes with me prior to the round. Highly recommend. I'll be back!

"Great course"

paul856nj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Always have considered this a must play when visiting the Disney area. Recently has had some renovations, greens a fairways in great condition. And just want to give a shout out to Jim the starter. Has been taking our picture on the first tee for years. Thanks Jim.

vjeagle's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

"Fair Course, Great Layout"

CircleGuy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

This course has max yardage of 6,665. For a single digit golfer, playing off the back is a must. Best tee shot in Orlando, IMHO, is the Par 4 12th. I love it. OOB on right, 220 yard carry over water, with water on the left all the way to green.

It's a great lay out. Par 5 4th is a potential card wrecker. Top tip, loads of room right on your second shot.

Greens had been dressed and some looked like they'd been relaid, but that's fine. They'll be great in a few weeks.

Good finishing holes to each 9. Only negative, and it's a BIG ONE, is the plastic rings that are inside each hole and come all the way up to the top of the cup preventing some putts from dropping!!

Cart & shop team is great.

Commented on 09/05/2017

Thank you for playing Hawk's Landing and for taking time to write such a nice review about our golf course being a great layout and our cart and golf shop team being great. We pride ourselves on providing the best experience possible and we are grateful that you enjoyed your time with us.

By the way, I agree that #12 from the Tips is one of the toughest shots around Central Florida.

We will work on pushing the cup liners down inside the cup a little more, but they also help keep the cup edges from collapsing.

Thank you again for the 4-Star rating and we hope we get to see you again soon.

Good Golfing!

"Coming along well"

zipplewrath's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

Marriott tends to take good care of their courses. The green replacements are coming in well. This course is always more challenging than people realize. #4 bedevils everyone. 3 consecutive shots over water, with your second both over and towards water.

Commented on 09/05/2017

Thank you for playing Hawk's Landing and for taking time to write such a nice review about our golf course. The greens are coming along nicely and we are now mowing both the front and back 9 at 115/1000, which is still not speedy, but rolling very nice and not far away being better than ever.

We appreciate the 4-Star rating and look forward to your return so we have a chance to make it a 5-Star experience.

Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.

Migara422's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Commented on 09/05/2017

Thank you for playing golf at Hawk's Landing and for giving our facility and staff a 5-Star rating. We look forward to seeing you and your guests again very soon.

"Truly exceptional golf course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017

first impressions pulling up to the clubhouse and looking up to this beautiful resort and a 18 hole golf course right there. parked my car and walked over to the bag drop and had to ring a bell for valet to come wasn't the greatest but oh well. walked inside and the clubhouse was beautiful. my clubs were waiting down below and right away there was a putting green, chipping green, and a simple driving range with complimentary range balls. what was really nice was the starter booth that had free tees, divot tools and information about the course. hit some balls and the starter gave me information about the course. the course was in perfect shape and i even had the front 9 to myself. when i got to the back 9 i had a small waiting time but the greatest part was running into the cart girl and shes was impressed how fast i was playing. and even knew my name. overall absolutely loved the course from top to bottom absolutely worth $100 for the round i would have paid during peak season. they keep the course in pristine condition and its challenging and fun and the staff is super nice and luxury style golf. cheap golf is still available until October and there is a donation game going on on hole #2 to get 30% off merchandise if you hit the green. i highly recommend this course to Florida residents and tourists and Marriott members

Commented on 09/05/2017

Thank you for your kind comments about our golf course, our staff and amenities such as complimentary pre-round practice balls, divot tools, tees, etc.... Thank you also for playing the game to win 30% off in our golf shop to support PGA Hit the Green for Hope, which benefits families of US Military men and women either wounded or disabled.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Good golfing!