Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks

"Good, not great"

BrandonWebb's avatar
Birmingham Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

This is your typical Florida coastal layout. Many raised greens and a lot of sand. Fairways are very wide and there are some hazards to be found if really crooked off the tee. Fairways were in good shape. Some minor patches on a few greens, but never affected play. Another characteristic of Florida golf? Grainy Bermuda greens, and these are no exception. Course tip: play more club than you think on shots into the breeze. Coastal winds are stronger than they appear and will knock shots out of the sky. This is voted "Best Course in Destin." I think it would fall short of that title in my book because of a few weak holes. I liked the short par 4s that required you to think about what yardage you wanted for your approach. There's not enough of that in Florida golf design in my opinion. I also liked the par-4, 7th hole. It plays uphill and into the wind and requires a long iron for most players to reach the green. This is a stout par4 1/2. The finishing hole is a good risk/reward play. For better players it is a ~200-yard shot to get home in two. Plenty of water awaits, however, if you're not precise. Bottom line: I think the "Best in Destin" moniker probably is a result of votes by players that like extreme playability without many forced carries. There is still enough of a challenge for better players to hold their interest, but Burnt Pine, The Raven and Kelly Plantation would rank ahead of Regatta Bay in my opinion.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/26/2017:

Hello Timothy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

"A delightful experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Had the pleasure of playing this course the other morning with my brother-in-law. My father-in-law decided to come and ride along and my 9-year old son decided he wanted to join as well last minute rather than get left at home with the girls. The course could not have been more accommodating and welcoming to us. They even had a set of junior rentals for my son. We were the first group off and played in 3.5 hours as a twosome plus my son taking shots here and there on most holes. The course was in fantastic shape and the staff courtesy and attentiveness was excellent. It's a bit pricey, but for that level of service and to feel that welcomed, it was absolutely worth it. It's a good track where if you can put it in the right spots off the tee, you can absolutely attack the golf course. If you're loose off the tee, you're probably going to be in for a long day, but still an enjoyable one. I will definitely be back on a future trip and would recommend it to anyone.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/26/2017:

Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our welcoming staff, fantastic course conditions, and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Tale of two courses"

SRM529's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

So many things were done right at this course, only to be ruined by the greens. Very friendly staff, passable practice facilities, and scenic course layout. Beautiful fairways meet with challenging rough with just the right amount of bunkers and water. Then you get to the greens... We played here over a year ago and they had lost the greens (nearly ruined them). I was assured when getting a starting time that they were in great shape. Great shape for a municipal course, poor shape when you're paying $150+ a throw. I understand paying a premium for vacation golf, but it's nearly criminal to have greens fees that high with that many brown/dead spots on the putting surface.

Nice course, but probably not worth that kind of coin.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/25/2017:

Hello Scott, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making improvements. We're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our scenic course layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Great course, good value for the $"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2017

One of my favorites in the Destin area. I like the variety of holes. Nice staff to top things off.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/10/2017:

Hi Keric, we're happy you enjoyed our nice staff and the variety of holes. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Great Course"

Scott9412043's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2017

I play Regatta Bay every time we come to Destin, this course has its challenges but is still fair even the average golfer. Fairways to greens, the course was in excellent shape. It's a little pricey early but the rate goes down as the day goes. Usually can find a good rate on golf now. Go play this course you'll be glad you did.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/31/2017:

Hello Scott, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging layout, excellent course conditions, and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club, we look forward to welcoming you back!

jkopp41's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 07/31/2017:

Hello James, we're happy you enjoyed an excellent golfing experience at Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club. Thank you for playing!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 08/01/2017:

Hello Milton, we're pleased you enjoyed a fast pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Best in Destin"

erik2964327's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

This is simply the best course in Destin. A challenge for any skill level. Awesome staff. #8 is a daunting tee shot, but if you aim for the center of the green you just may survive it. Don't be a hero and you can put up a score. going for it in two on 18 is alot of fun but be prepared to take a drop after your ball goes the way Don Corleone and swims with the fishes.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/27/2017:

Hi Erik, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club and for the outstanding 5 star rating. We are pleased that you think we are the best course in the Destin area. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future!

Patismash's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

Lots of patches on the greens. Thought they would be better for the money. Fairways were great though. Staff is very friendly.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/08/2017:

Hi Robert, we appreciate your feedback and we will be fixing those few patches shortly. We're happy you enjoyed our fairways and accommodating staff. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/05/2017:

Hello Steve, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our course layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Great Instruction!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

I had a fantastic lesson with Chris. From the start, Chris saw many of my swing habits and provided some grest tips to improve my swing. I left Regatta Bay feeling excited about what I had just learned. Thanks Chris!

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 05/30/2017:

Hi Anthony, we're happy you had a fantastic lesson. Thank you for coming out to Regatta Bay, we hope to see you on the course again soon!

"Great Vacation Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course staff very friendly. Beautiful neighborhood and course layout. Being precise off the tee is important. A few par 4s require an iron or hybrid off the tee due to strategically placed waste areas. Greens in good shape. Enjoyable day. Will return. This is third or fourth time playing here on vacation. One of my favorites in this area.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 05/30/2017:

Hello Mark, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and beautiful course layout. Thank you for rating Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club one of your favorite courses in the area and thank you for playing!

u000006197232's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/13/2017:

Hello Doug, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Beautiful course"

lcavitt's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

First time playing Regatta Bay, but definitely not the last. Everything about the course is first class. Everyone coming to the Destin area needs to play this course.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Les, we're happy you had a great time playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Aerated greens"

Plays:  Once every three months

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

The greens had just been aerated and were rolling terrible

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/12/2017:

Hello Drew, we apologize course conditions were not up to par. We appreciate your feedback. We're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our course layout. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Great Afternoon"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Regata is one of the top three on the Emerald Coast, still a bumpy on the greens, but recovering fast from the areation. But everything else was perfect-from check-in to starter to Marshall to snack cart the treatment is superb.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Edward, thank you for rating us one of the top three courses on the Emerald Coast! We're happy you enjoyed your round.

"Very nice golf course and a fun day!"

jconlbc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Our first time at Regatta Bay GC. The entire staff was welcoming and friendly - from the guys at the bag drop, pro shop, rangers and maintenance crew. The course was in good shape and although the greens had been punched and sanded a week ago they putted very well. The fairways and rough were very playable and I wish I had Regatta's bunkers back at my home course. We played as a 2-some and finished under 3 1/2 hours. While we didn't really wait on any shots, but the ranger said there was a slight backup several holes ahead and he took off and "managed" it. Drinks and appetizers on the porch afterwards watching the groups come on 18 was a relaxing and enjoyable way to end the day!

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/12/2017:

Hello John, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Great layout; poor upkeep"

uCFEZ1813CF's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

This is an outstanding design for a golf course, however, they desperately need a professional greenskeeper. Fairways need work and greens needed rolling and proper cutting as they were extremely slow and bumpy.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/12/2017:

Hi Michael, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed our outstanding design and a good pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Average Course Condition"

Bill3006998's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Regatta Bay is a very nice facility with friendly staff. The greens had been aerified a week ago and were a little bumpy. The layout is good, but the course condition was only average and not to the condition of a course that would charge $145 for a morning round of golf. I appeared to me that they have cut back on maintenance cost on the golf course and is not near the condition of Kelly Plantation.

Response from Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club on 06/13/2017:

Hello Bill, we're sorry course conditions were not up to par. We're happy you enjoyed our course layout and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Regatta Bay Golf & Yacht Club!

"Nice course, several tough holes, spotty greens and tees"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

we played in 20-25 mph winds. Course still had some very difficult pin placements near the water, which made for some tough shots. Greens rolled nice. We got fooled by the cart GPS on #14; we thought it was indicating a waste area across the fairway, so we laid up off the tee, only to find there was no waste area. Baffled us.