LPGA International - Jones Course

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2017

Green were terrible. Should have been told the condition of the greens. All dead grass in preparation for replacement. Very poor customer service.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Thank you so much for your 3-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Jones"

Calvin40's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The course was wet and the greens were brown but they still putted very nicely. The fairways are wide.The greens are good size. I really enjoyed the course. But I hear they are going to close the Jones course for the summer to redo the greens.This is my favorite course in Volusia county!

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/12/2017:

Thank you Calvin40 for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to see you enjoyed the fairways and greens. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

"Not so friendly staff in pro shop, and course ranger made for below than expected experience."

charlebois1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Our day started with a not so friendly lady in the pro shop. She was more interested in the member who was behind us in line at the desk. Not interested in answering any questions I had. Went to the range with a token and only got 4 balls from the machine. Good start to the day. A range employee happened by and fixed us up with balls.( nice gentleman)

My wife and I were paired with young couple from Tampa. We had a real fun 9 holes with them. They had to leave, so the wife and I headed onto the back nine as a twosome.

We were in the fairway on the 13th hole, when we were approached by the Marshall. He told us we were backing the course up, and there were 2 empty holes ahead of us. Told us we have to catch up and drove off. I am always aware of pace of play and keep an eye on play ahead and behind. The group behind was 1 par 4 behind us. There was no group on the 1st green when we started our day. 2 holes later the wife and I are waiting for every full shot we hit. We finished the round in 3 hrs, 40 min. Is the normal pace of play here 3 hours? .I wanted to speak to the Marshall on the way out but my wife calmed me down and reminded me we were playing here again tomorrow.

The experience was ruined by 2 poor staff members.

Greens were dieing and discoloured, however they held the ball well, and rolled nicely. Numerous bunkers that are well maintained, however you have to remember to bring the rake that is on the cart when you play from them. The course has a variety of tees for any handicapper. There are some picturesque holes, but no spectacular holes.

Fun course to play without the less than friendly staff.

Can't comment on the facility, as we left immediately after the round.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/07/2017:

Thank you charlebois1 for your review and feedback of our golf course. It is our pleasure to have you and we are thrilled you had a good time on the course, besides the two staff members and we will address this immediately. Please let us know if you ever need anything next time and maybe stop and have a little lunch on your next visit in our beautiful restaurant as you are sure to be pleasantly surprised with the rest of the facilities here at LPGA International Golf Club!

"man made"

Skipsgolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Good staff. Most holes are wide open, would be tough on a windy day. Greens were brown, but rolled well and not too slow or too fast, had a good day with the putter.

Visually the course looks man made. I have played several courses in the DeLand/Orlando area that look like Mother Nature made them.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/07/2017:

Thank you Skipsgolf for the 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we love hearing our staff took such great care of you and your guests. Please come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in Daytona Beach/Orlando area.

"Great Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

They were fixing to redo the greens and for the amount of rain and the dry conditions the place was great ! Good price too! When they get their greens done it's going to be awesome

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you so much for the review and 4-stars! We are thrilled you had a good time on the course and you see the value in playing here. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again for more of the best golf in Daytona Beach, Florida.

"LPGA is SOLID and Loads of FUN"

jimkorin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2017

Played in the middle of the day. Greens were a little rough, but the fairways and bunkers were what you would expect at a more expensive course. I enjoyed the round with Charles who was paired up at the same tee time. We had a good round and both enjoyed ourselves with the challenges for us 18 handicapers!

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 06/06/2017:

Thank you jimkorin for your 4-star review. We are so very happy you had a good time on the course with new friends and you were challenged out there. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again for more great golf in Daytona Beach, Florida.

"california binge number 2"

Robert9649232's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2017

played for first time afternoon tee time tournaments had just ended we had whole course to ourselves basicly was a great round that went quick due to no waiting

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/23/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is so nice having the course all to yourself and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"LPGA Jones Course"

cockman1775's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

3rd time playing LPGA Jones Course. Discovered this gem while in Daytona in 2016. Definitely will keep it on my list when in the area. It is wide open, fairways/greens in great shape. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great value at a low rate.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you cockman1775 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are so proud you had a good time on the course and you consider us a gem. Pleas come back and see us again very soon!

"This is a fun but challenging course!"

KimStahl's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This is the second time playing LPGA "Jones". It is challenging but the greens were not in the best condition. I understand that the course is going to have a facelift this coming summer and it does need it. It was a fun day the wind was crazy which made it all the more difficult.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thank you KimStahl for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time and found the course to be a challenge. Come back and see us again very soon!

"BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!!!!!"

STEVE5501203's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

THREE GOLF BUDDIES OF MINE FROM THE ST. AUGUSTINE AREA AND I DECIDED TO TACKLE THIS COURSE!!!! SUPER FRIENDLY STAFF....THE COURSE WAS BETTER THAN WHAT WE EXPECTED IT TO BE!!!!! WE WERE TOTALLY SATISFIED!!!!!!

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/22/2017:

Thanks for coming out Steve and bringing the buds along. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

Response from LPGA International on 05/12/2017:

Thank you for the positive review!

"Great day with my son!"

MHS2728's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Course was in great shape. Genes were a little bumpy but overall good. Look forward to coming back out.

Response from LPGA International on 05/11/2017:

Thanks for the review! We're glad you enjoyed your round and had a great day with your son. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

"Ho Hum"

jazzbo22's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Totally flat and boring. Just played it a week ago and I couldn't tell you about any hole. Condition was good and that's about it.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 05/16/2017:

Thank you jazzbo22 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy the unique design of LPGA-Jones but the conditions were pleasing. We highly recommend you head on over to LPGA-Hills next time for a refreshing change as you are sure to be pleasantly surprised! Thanks for your time and we hope to see you back again very soon.

"Beautiful course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

played with another 2sum. Just a great fun round. Course in good condition. Greens true

Response from LPGA International on 05/09/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We're so happy to hear you had a fun round and enjoyed the course conditions. We hope to see you again soon!

u6920684's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

It was a windy, but very warm and sunny round. The course was in good shape except the greens. The greens still rolled true, but seemed to have a fungus? The course is challenging and long. A good time was had by all however. Extremely nice staff from the golf bag handlers to the restaurant staff. Would go back. Thanks

Response from LPGA International on 05/03/2017:

Thank you so much for the 5* review! We appreciate the kind words about our staff and the course. Come back and see us again soon.

"Great track"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017

The Jones course is a links thus the wind certainly plays a factor which it did today. Fairways, tees were excellent. Greens looked quick but were probably a 7-8 in terms of speed. Our "greeter" couldn't of been better as was our starter and the lady in snack bar. At the finish of our round a gentlemen from Pa cleaned out clubs and loaded them in my car.

Our only disappointment was that after our round we wanted to go into the pro shop and buy some merchandise. The pro shop closed at 6 pm and there were still a number of players and people still on the golf course and mingling around the club

I'd certainly recommend the club.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We love hearing the tees were excellent and we apologize for you not being able to access the pro-shop after hours. Please come back and see us again very soon as we would love to have you back!

"Never again."

macka1606's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

I was forced to purchase a "collared" shirt because of the the "mandatory" dress code. I had on a nice top, I've never been made to wear a collared shirt in the twenty years I've been golfing. The dress code is usually "recommended" not mandatory. I've never been so humiliated in my life. I don't need to golf with snobs. Last I checked, there are thousands of courses throughout the country that will accept my cash and me the way I am. I'm more comfortable golfing where I'm accepted for who I am.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you macka1606 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the inconvenience of the dress code and by no means do we wish to humiliate you and we apologize if that is how you felt. Because we are a member facility we do adhere to a strict dress code policy, to which everyone is required to adhere to. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and come back and see us again very soon!

"Fun in the sun golf"

jeffstcroix's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

This course was in tremendous shape considering the lack of rain in the area. Greens were in good shape and some were very tricky. Course is challenging and a good test for the average golfer. Went with my son and got grouped with two other gentlemen who were tremendous to play with. Pace of play was super. There was a group ahead of us but we only had to wait briefly on one or two holes. No one was pushing us from behind. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this course and would definitely play it again. Rates are a little steep but if you go online you can find a discount rate. Best course I found this week of vacation!

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you jeffstcroix for your 4-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to see you had a good time on the course and you enjoyed the greens. We hope to see you back again very soon!

"Great experience"

SFCCRAWFORD's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2017

My girlfriend and I have been meaning to go here on one of our Daytona vacations and finally made it and we are so very glad we did !

From the moment we arrived every member of the Staff treated us like family and we felt very welcomed in this great facility. The starter pointed us out to the range and gave us ample time to warm up and Agreed to allow us out as a twosome instead of pairing us up as that made her nervous. That was very much appreciated and calmed my girlfriend down a bit.

As for the course itself (Jones) WOW

Amazing course conditions. Everything was perfect Greens, Fairways, Bunkers, etc. Great job to the grounds crew and staff for the best conditions I have ever seen !

If you golf this course for the first time the Fairways are wide with little trouble except for bunkers. Bring your sand wedge because there are bunkers everywhere and some are BIG.

We had great conversations with the Course Ranger a couple of times during our round in passing and he like the rest of the staff made us feel so welcome to be there.

Great facility, great staff, great course and conditions A Must Play

We will be back again and Thank You to the Staff for a wonderful experience.

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you SFCCRAWFORD for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to hear our staff took such good care of you and we hope to see you back again very soon!

Kevin3317645's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2017

Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 04/24/2017:

Thank you Kevin for the 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. It is fantastic to see you had a great time on the course and we hope to see you back again very soon!