Kelly Plantation

Sterling 72 5522 yards 72.1 126
Palmetto 72 5170 yards 70.9 124
Mangolia 72 5138 yards 69.6 113

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

bryansniezek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Commented on 05/21/2017

THANK YOU FOR THE 5 STARS!!! We appreciate you taking time to let us know what you thought of the golf course and the staff. Golf can be very expensive so we want every moment you spend with us to feel as though it was a special time. We look forward to your safe return to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Commented on 05/12/2017

"EXCELLENT" Thank you for the 5-star review. We are very pleased to see that you had a great time while playing Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We understand golf can be very expensive so we want your dollar to go as far as possible. It sounds like we succeeded in that. We want you to feel welcomed each time you choose to play here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon. We would enjoy hosting another day of golf with your group.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Commented on 05/10/2017

Sometimes Saying nothing says it all!!! 5 STARS across the board. Thank you for ranking us as high as we can get. We certainly know there is always room to improve and we try and learn each day on how to get better at what we do. The Staff and myself want to say Thank you for spending your hard earned dollar here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon my friend.

"Great Course but..........."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

This is one of my favorite tracks to play when I go to the beach. Pace of play was fantastic on the front nine but for some unknown reason they allowed a slow fivesome out a few groups ahead of us and it brought the course to a standstill. I played an afternoon round and ran out of patience by the 17th hole and quit. Don't let fivesome's out and if you do keep the ranger on the course to monitor play (was told the ranger went home). This was really a bad experience. Again, love the course but needs to be managed better.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Your comments are greatly appreciated and helps us get better at what we do. We facilitate pace of play with a host that is scheduled to monitor play from 9am -6pm in the afternoon. On busy days pace of play can be a challenge, but one we feel we use our tools and staff to stay on top of. Our host try to help rake bunkers, tend flags, and give balls to golfers that have fallen behind pace to help alleviate having to look for balls. With the daylight staying later until after 7:30pm I can see where you would not see a host at the time you got to later on the back nine. Its our intention to make sure the pace is great on the course before a staff member leaves for the day. Again your very important comments are certainly a tool we will use to get better at what we do. If I am correct you played as a two-some and that certainly can exacerbate the feeling of being slowed down. We set our pace at 4 hours and 15 minutes for each group. I understand and appreciate your feelings and hope you come back and enjoy Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Thank you again for your valuable comments.

"Great Round at Kelly Plantation"

JustHacking's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

We were very impressed with not only the course conditions, but as well as the staff. The staff made us feel very welcomed and at home. I would rank the staff pretty much towards the top of my list I have ever played and having played courses such as Sea Island, Atlanta Athletic Club and East Lake Country Club that is saying a lot.

The started was Paul and he did a great job of giving us a run down of the course. He was always just a pleasure to chat with. Lauren was driving the beverage cart. She was very friendly and took my teasing her about not having Coke Zero and Twixt bars with a great sense of humor.

Everything about the course was top notch. The fairways were pristine and the greens ran smooth. The only issue (and we were advised about it before we teed off) was that the greens were not receptive due to having been replaced a couple years ago and still settling in. We just adjusted and just tried to land the ball short of the hole. My playing partner had much more success at this than I did.

The course is a little pricey, but it is well worth the money you spend.

Commented on 05/12/2017

Staff friendliness is certainly something we pride ourselves in. We truly enjoy meeting our guest and getting to know them as much as we can. There are so many wonderful Golf Courses is this area and for you to choose us is certainly an honor. As a team we work together to provide a total Golf experience. The Turf Care Department are the ones that deserve all the praise and they unfortunately never get to hear what a great job they do. Our Head Superintendent Kevin Churchill has put together a team that genuinely cares about each and every blade of grass on the course. I will make sure they know about your great experience here. The young lady on the beverage cart (Lauren) enjoys her job and I am glad to see it shows. You have put us in some really great company with the other high end golf courses. Its nice to hear we are living up to our expectations. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am very proud to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I will make sure all the staff has a chance to read your kind words. Come back and see us soon my friend.

"Best In Destin"

bashmaster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

This course was amazing from the moment I drove in to the course. The clubhouse is gorgeous, great deals in the shop, and the staff is wonderful. The driving range, practice green, and the chipping area are easily accessible from the clubhouse. The layout and view is spectacular and a well groomed course. Fantastic greens. Even the Areas in the rough where notmally you have sand for Florida courses was well manicured. A must play at any price. I had a hot deal for $55 and this course ranks up there with top notch private courses.

Commented on 05/02/2017

"Best In Destin" WOW that is saying a lot!!! There are many wonderful golf courses in the area so I take this as a HUGE compliment. It sounds like we succeeded in the OVERALL EXPERIENCE that we truly try and give each and every guest that chooses to play here. I say Choose because you decided to spend your hard earned money here and I want you to know that means so much to me. I realize Golf can be super expensive and the fact that you trusted us to give you a product as advertised goes a long way. Turf Care really puts their hearts in their work and I believe it shows. Thank you for noticing. They are up at the crack of dawn preparing the course for the days play. Each and every one of them believes in their abilities to keep this Golf Courses in the immaculate condition it is in. My name is Ashton Crowe, an I am fortunate to be a small part of this great team here. I want to welcome you back as soon as you can. Thank you, and have safe travels.

"Best course in Destin"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Course in great condition. However, they place too much emphasis on the pace of play. Our 4 ball group was struggling alittle, partially due to 20 mph winds, and after 2 warnings from the marshal, he told us unless we made up the gap, he would make us skip a hole - even though there was noone in sight behind us all day. This caused us to rush shots, leading to more flubs and higher scores. It totally ruined my experience that day. I am a 12 hcp and shot 100. All because they put pressure on us to speed up when no one was in sight behind us. If you are a good golfer, highly recommend Kelly Plantation. If you are a mediocre golfer, be prepared to be marshalled to finish in 4 hrs 15 mins, or else.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Thank you for your feedback. Pace of play is certainly an issue that is hard to deal with on either side. While recognizing that a lot of money is spent to play the golf course I am certainly disappointed you had a negative experience concerning pace of play. We try and make sure each and every golfer has a chance to enjoy this beautiful golf course in a timely manner. It is our policy to kindly speak to groups that start to fall behind pace to try and alleviate it becoming a further issue. We have found out after trial and error that most groups that fall behind pace the first three holes continue to do so and if we wait until there is another golf group right up on them it is too late to help them pick up the pace. We set our GPS for a 4 hour and 15 minute round. We feel this is appropriate time to enjoy the golf course and not be rushed. I do recognize that not every group is the same however. We enjoy having all types of players, from the advanced to the beginners. For the beginning golfers our host will tend the flag for them, rake bunkers, and sometimes provide them golf balls free of charge to help alleviate taking time to look for lost ones on the course. We certainly want each golfer to enjoy his or her round in a timely fashion so the others behind them can enjoy theirs. It sounds like in your case that you felt rushed and I certainly don't want that feeling for you. I hope you understand that getting to a golf group that has fallen behind normal pace before another group gets up on them is all we try and do to help everyone. I certainly understand your feelings on your views. I truly hope you come back and enjoy the golf course again. I really take these situations and try and learn from them on how to get better at what we do. I will review my notes and see what we could of possibly done maybe different. Thank you for helping us get better at what we do. Also thank you for noticing the great condition of the golf course. It means a lot that you say those things. I will pass this along to my staff and Turf Care.

Gerard9551049's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Commented on 05/01/2017

Thank you for the "Excellent" rating!!! I am extremely thankful that you showed staff as rated as high as we can get on a 5 star level. We certainly value each and every golfer that spends their hard earned money here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We try and get to know each golfer that so kindly chooses to play here. We understand there are so many wonderful golf courses in the area so to pick us out of them all is a big compliment and I want you to know you are appreciated. Please come back and visit us soon. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I would like to thank you in person for the kind review.

"24 golfing guys from the midwest"

mauriceokeefe19's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Course is outstanding in many ways. The thing that sticks out the most is the customer service we receive from the bag drop guys, to the starter and cart girls. Mr Crowe for the last two years has been most accommodating to our group. We will continue to book this course every time we are in Destin. It is a beautiful layout and their greens were in impeccable shape. Great job staff at Kelly Plantation!!!

Commented on 05/02/2017

THANK YOU!!! Customer service is number one in our goals here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We feel that each person should be treated like a VIP while visiting us. Genuine kindness from the staff and the willingness to go the extra step is what I feel is most important and rewarding to our members and very important guest. I enjoyed each and every person I had the chance to meet in your group. What a great week of golf for everyone. I am so thankful you left here with a great experience. We look forward to hosting your group next year. This is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and I want to welcome you back again.

"Kelly"

Sc6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Excellent track. Been playing in Destin since 1993, by far my favorite course in the area.

Must work on pace of play as a 5 hour round is awful. We teed off at noon and the course allowed 5 somes out at prime time.

Commented on 04/25/2017

You are absolutely correct about the pace of play. It was totally unacceptable for that long of a round. The Pace of Play staff was beside themselves trying to get the larger groups on pace. The staff was raking bunkers for players and tending flags to help them get back on pace. We have a full time pace of play staff and GPS on every golf cart to eliminate pace of play issues but this day had our number. We are very proud of the fact that we have many many rounds under 4 hours so we felt the same as you. I can assure you this is so far from the norm. On a bright positive note thank you so much for noticing the staff as EXCELLENT and the Golf Course as EXCELLENT. Thank you for the kind review. We use these reviews to only get better at what we do. My name is Ashton Crowe, and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I what you to know I appreciate you spending your hard earned money here and helping us get better. Please come back soon!!!

"Best in the area!"

bobpoetz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2017

Kelly Plantation is our favourite course in Destin. Beautiful course....clubhouse and practise facility!

It's at the higher end of our price range that's why we book on Golf Now. We look for the deal of the day and saved quite a bit.

Commented on 04/20/2017

"BEST IN THE AREA" That is saying a lot. There are many wonderful golf courses in the Destin area so to say we are at the top is certainly rewarding to hear. We are at the higher end of the cost to play and really try and give our guest every extra step we can. Golf Now does a great job getting the hot deals posted and we certainly like partnering with them to provide our guest every savings they can get. Thank you so much for allowing us to host the day of golf for you and friends. Please come back as soon as you can.

"Exceptional"

S039jjs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Exceptional Course, in fantastic shape. Ranks up there with some of the best that I've played. Service from Starters was also exceptional and second

To none, Especially the two gentleman from New Orleans. Course was so nice had to Come back for a second round. A+++++++ Highly recommend Kelly Plantation if you are in the Destin area.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Service is the most important part of what we try and accomplish here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. From the moment you are greeted at bag drop to the last swing of the day we want you to feel welcomed and appreciated for spending your hard earned money here. C.L. and Paul are the two gentlemen that you met as our on course host. They both truly enjoy their job and I am pleased you felt they were exceptional. I will certainly pass this along to them. Playing a second day with us really lets me know we are on the right track. Golf can be very expensive so we greatly appreciate you choosing to return to play a 2nd day with us. We look forward to serving you again here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Kelly Plantation"

tch115's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Great course & experience! Incredible shape as well.

Commented on 04/20/2017

Thank you for playing the golf course here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I am so excited to see that you felt it was in "INCREDIBLE SHAPE". I think the best part is that you felt like you had a great experience. That is what we are looking for. Having you feel that you got treated with kindness and felt welcomed is the most important to us. We had a great transition from Winter to Spring and it will only get better. Please come back very soon. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and I would like to thank you in person. Safe travels the next time you are coming to the Emerald Coast.

"Great course close to everything"

mbooher's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

Fun course that is very playable and challenging at the same time. Most fairways are generous. Shot placement on the green is key to shoot low scores. Greens rolled very true!

(5 Handicap)

Commented on 04/10/2017

That is such a great way to help future golfers navigate the course. It truly is a challenging course but with precise ball-striking you will be rewarded. Fairways are generous enough to allow you to draw or fade the golf ball which is nice to have options. The Tif-Eagle greens in my opinion make the golf course as much fun as any I have played on. There is nothing like seeing a 20 footer roll in on the last turn to win the bet from your buddies on the last hole. It really makes you want to play 18 more. I am pleased to hear you felt Kelly Plantation Golf Club was fun and challenging all in one. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I am writing to thank you for taking time to tell us how we are doing for our guest. We want your dollar to go a long way here. Welcome back soon!!!

"Fair but challenging"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2017

From the second I step out my car the staff were there helping me through check in to driving range. I recommend the practice green especially for MI folks because they are like glass takes some getting used to after winter break. Used golf now to get a great deal on this classy course.

Commented on 04/09/2017

Service is something we take great pride in. The golf course is in great condition so if we can provide a winning attitude that our guest can feel from start to finish then we feel that the golf experience is complete. Your hard earned money will go a long way here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Thank you for choosing to spend your time here and we welcome you back as soon as you can. Safe travels back to Michigan.

"Love this track....."

Pete7017743's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2017

Look forward to playing Kelly every year. Finally broke 80 !!! Great staff and course was in excellent playing condition

Other than hard to hold the ball on green with approach shots

Commented on 04/06/2017

Thank you so much for trusting us to provide you with another great golf experience. It says a lot that you return every year to see us and I want you to know it is very appreciated by us. Breaking 80 is a HUGE DEAL. I am thrilled we could be a part of that milestone. It will happen more often now, breaking 80. The greens are truly in great shape and I am happy you think so. We hope Kelly Plantation Golf Club will always be a memorable place for you and your friends. Thank you for sharing this review with us. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here and I want to welcome you back very soon!!!

Ljfowlkes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017

Commented on 03/30/2017

Thank you for the 5-star course rating. I hope you enjoyed all the amenities we provide like the cold apples on hole #10, the touch screen G.P.S. on each cart, the beverage service on the course, among many other small things that we feel give our patrons a tour-like experience. We enjoy each and every guest that walks through our door, we feel it is our opportunity to separate us from the rest of the great golf courses in this area. Thank you for choosing Kelly Plantation Golf Club as your place to play. My name is Ashton Crowe, I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I want to welcome you back soon.

Amyswall's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

Commented on 03/27/2017

Thank you for the 5-star rating and recommending the course. We are glad we are living up to the national ratings we have been honored to receive.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2017

Great course and great staff. Greens were awesome and true. I will definitely be back when I come back to the area!

Commented on 03/27/2017

I get to my office each day with the great anticipation of patrons and members playing golf. We are fortunate to be able to provide a golf course that people really enjoy. While recognizing golf is very expensive we try to give each patron that spends their hard earned money a genuine experience that is remembered for years to come. Thank you for taking time out of your day to recognize us in the manner you did. I really appreciate saying the course was great and the staff as well. My name is Ashton Crowe, I am the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and it would be my honor to meet you the next time you play.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2017

The on course staff was really informative and friendly. Everything was exceptional but the one caveat was a mess up with the tee time. I got a tee time through GolfNow for 10:53; however, the Pro Shop had our tee time for 1:24. They wanted us to pay extra to get the 10:53 tee time. After some discussion they were shown the email confirmation from GolfNow and they honored the tee time.

Commented on 03/17/2017

I cant thank you enough for helping us get your tee time correct. Saying our staff was friendly and informative is so wonderful to hear. I am so proud to see a five star rating even after a mistake we made with the tee time. Resolving it with your help is something we certainly appreciate. I am pleased to see the golf course and conditions that we advertise filled your expectations. My name is Ashton Crowe, and I am very fortunate to be a part of the great team we have here. Thank you for helping us get better at what we do.