Kelly Plantation

4.7272058824 4.7 stars from 5 (377)

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Couples 72 7099 yards 74.2 146
Plantation 72 6521 yards 72.0 138
Sterling 72 5522 yards 66.8 115
Sterling 72 5522 yards 72.1 126
Palmetto 72 5170 yards 70.9 124
Mangolia 72 5138 yards 69.6 113

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"Kelly Plantation"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Great round at Kelly. Loved the course. Highly recommend to anyone who likes a casual game

"Golf shop???"

golfrocket's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Golf shop person ignored me For a full minute. Just did not acknowledged I was there. Finally did ask my name. Then was short about joining up with another person. Great course. Could use customer service lesson.

Commented on 09/19/2017

Thank you for reviewing the golf course and giving us your personal insight. We certainly pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service so to hear you felt ignored is something I will look into. We are always looking to get better at what we do and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I hope you return to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club again soon.

"Greens the speed of light"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2017

Wow what a beautiful course. Great online discount on morning of round. Was to be paired with 3 but they let me and one other go off on our own a bit early. Played in 3 hours. My tee to green game was fairly solid. When I reached the green, the fun began. They were lightening fast and I never adjusted. 3-putted numerous times. Traps were very good as I landed in a few times, had nice outs on all. Id love to play here again.

Commented on 09/08/2017

Thank you so much for the Wonderful review. We pride ourselves on the conditions of the greens and the whole course. I was pleased to see that you felt Turf Cares hard work is paying off. We hope you return soon to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

"Course is fun and challenging"

trinitydecatur's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Overall great experience. Not so difficult that's its overwhelming depending on tee box.

Commented on 08/31/2017

"Great Experience", that is what we are looking for in what we provide. The staff here really enjoys seeing our guest and members have a great time. From the moment you pull into the parking lot to when the last putt drops we want you to feel welcomed and appreciated. That is what the experience is all about here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. The Golf Course speaks for itself as far as conditions. The Turf Care Team really puts great pride in their product and works hard so our guest and members are treated to great conditions day in and day out. Thank you for taking time to tell us how we are doing and thank you for spending your hard earned money here. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Great time"

u000005191380's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

Beautiful layout fast greens very challenging. would play again staff very friendly and helpful

Commented on 08/29/2017

"Great Time" I really enjoy hearing that. Its the experience we are looking for. There are so many wonderful golf courses in the area. Here at Kelly Plantation we try and separate ourselves with genuine Southern Hospitality. Your hard earned money deserves to go a long way and we try and provide a golf experience that is second to none. Its comments like yours that make us strive to do so. We really appreciate you taking time to tell us about your golf round and look forward to your safe return.

"Awesome Experience."

Jim5317924's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2017

I booked this course based on a friend's recommendation and I'm sure glad I asked. This was a great overall experience and a nice layout which was in great condition. The cold towel and the barrel of apples topped the day off.

Commented on 08/26/2017

"Great Overall Experience" is what we are looking for when someone visits our golf course. The course conditions are always in great shape so we try and match that with our customer service. We recognize that golf is expensive and we certainly want your dollar to go a long way here. Please come back and visit us again soon.

"Great Golf Course"

tmaxtn1958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Love this golf course. Service is always very good. The wet / melon towels on a hot day are a great touch. Course is in very good condition. It can be a challenging course but that's what makes it fun. Sand traps are kept in good shape better than most in the area.

Commented on 08/22/2017

Thank you for the kind review. It is wonderful to know that you took time to share your thoughts about your experience here. The Turf Care Department does an outstanding job at keeping the golf course in amazing condition. We are fortunate to have such a caring group of individuals and that truly think about our guest and the hard earned money they spend to play here. Thank you again for your views, we are listening.

"Great layout"

jaybird56's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Couples and his team put together a beautiful course almost like we were inland instead of by a bay

Commented on 08/23/2017

Thank you for the 5 star review. We really try and make the experience at Kelly Plantation Golf Club one to remember. From the excellent course conditions to the great layout we feel we offer something for every golfer. Please come back and visit us soon, we would enjoy seeing you. thank you again.

"Best in the area"

SRM529's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017

I've played 7 or 8 courses in the area over vacation during the past few years and this is easily the nicest. Very scenic with quite a bit of sand and water, the holes are challenging but fair. Well manicured fairways with fast rolling greens. Careful, the well kept rough will eat some golf balls. Friendly staff, and a bit pricey, but they all are down here. Only minor complaint would be some stray piles of grass clippings scattered on a few fairways, but looked like maintenance was tending to the course whenever they could work in between holes. I'll be sure to return on future visits.

Commented on 07/27/2017

"Best in the Area" Thank you for the recognition. That says a lot with all the wonderful golf courses in the area. We are fortunate to have a piece of land that offers the amazing views of the Choctawhatchee Bay. It makes for a very scenic round of golf. The architect and Fred Couples did a great job placing the holes to maximum views of the water. The rough is very thick during the rainy season in Florida which also makes for fantastic fairways and lush greens to putt on. It is a challenge to keep all the grass picked up but as you noticed our Turf Care department does an amazing job and really cares about the course. I want to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here and would like to thank you in person. Have safe travels and we hopefully will see you again soon.

"Review 1st time to play course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Outstanding course. Play a lot of nice courses in Dallas, Alabama, Louisiana, Cabo etc. good quality course. Paid $70 to play. At $145 it would be a little pricey. Solid $90-$100 course.

Commented on 07/27/2017

Thank you for the kind review. you have put us in some great company for golf courses in some beautiful areas of our country. I am happy to see we are on top of your list!!! Golf can certainly be expensive and we recognize this by adding to the golf experience in several ways. While playing our patrons here receive Ice Cold Mango Towels from our full time Pace of Play Host. This makes the hot days more bearable. Also we offer Ice Cold Apples after you complete nine holes. The G.P.S. on every cart is touch screen so it certainly helps to enjoy the round and assist with pace of play. We offer drinking water on every third hole to help our guest stay hydrated in the summer sun and our beverage cart service allows our patrons to see two young ladies, one on the front nine and one on the back. This all together with the outstanding course conditions gives our guest, what we feel is a great value for a great golf experience. I hope this shows the care and value that we build for your hard earned dollar. We appreciate you visiting us and certainly welcome you back.

"Easy and beautiful course! Greens are slow but, true. Roll 7.5 I guess"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017

Really like this course. Just a little too pricey. Raven is better value but, this is a must play in the area. I would play over any course around with money no object. True greens. Should speed them up. Maybe get a roller. Fast fairways I was getting major roll. I usually hit my driver 290 with roll was getting an extra 40-50 yards in roll. Shot my best of the year here with a 65. So it was easy but beautiful.

Commented on 07/27/2017

I wanted to follow-up after I had a chance to speak to my Superintendent about your posting of our green speeds. You had posted that the greens are rolling a 7.5'. I need to address this because it is not actually factual. While we certainly appreciate your valuable input, we want to give our patrons the correct information. In order to get a true stimp reading and evaluation of green speeds you must roll every green on the golf course. This insures the accuracy and allows the superintendent to get a gauge of how to make the greens fair and healthy. This takes a lot of time to do so. To give the greens a rating of 7.5'. is very misleading and we don't want our patrons to get the idea of that speed being correct. Here at Kelly Plantation we are known for our outstanding conditions with a focus on our brand new Tif-Eagle greens and how true they roll with the proper speed for all to enjoy. The greens are something we take great pride in as we do the entire golf course. The fair evaluation of the greens would be to say they are in excellent condition and have the speed that any advanced golfer would appreciate and enjoy and a novice golfer could manage and have fun playing. Thank you for the review again.

Commented on 07/16/2017

WOW!!! That is some great comments about the course. It sounds like you are a very advanced golfer. I was fortunate to get to meet you the other day and get to see you play a couple of holes from the back tees, IMPRESSIVE!!! The greens had just come out of three days of drenching rain so we were being proactive in not cutting them to low too quick to protect them. We have rolled them since then and the speed is back to what we feel is tour quality. Thank you for the valuable input. It always is nice to hear our patrons views and how they enjoyed the golf course. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I would like to welcome you back as soon as you get a chance. Thank you and have safe travels.

"Great Golf Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

Ashton runs a first class operation here ! I'm so glad that when I come to Florida from Kentucky I stop in to play Kelly plantation ! Anyone looking for a great golf course to play should make a tee time ! I promise that you will not be disappointed !! From the top to the bottom hands down one of the best ! I will see you next year and I look forward to it again !! Ryan Clare

Commented on 07/16/2017

Ryan, THANK YOU for returning to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. It was our pleasure to see that you felt welcomed and really enjoyed your day of golf with us. I have been fortunate to meet many new friends here at Kelly Plantation and you are certainly one of them. It is great to know that we are delivering the service and course conditions that everyone expects when playing here. Golf can be expensive and in recognition of this we want every aspect of our guest and members experience to be second to none. I am glad you felt you were given that experience. I hope that you have safe travels back to Kentucky and we will see you the next time you visit the Emerald Coast. Thank you again my friend.

"Great course"

Scott9412043's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017

This was my second time to play this course, enjoyed it this time just as much. Plush fairways and great greens. I will be back.

Commented on 07/31/2017

Thank you for returning to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Its nice to know you came back and felt that we were as good or better than the first time. The fairways and greens are in the best condition as I have ever seen them. The Turf Care Department has really put their heart into this course and as you saw, it really shows. I want to welcome you back anytime. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am very fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and would like to thank you in person for spending your hard earned money here and trusting us to deliver a great golf experience.

Jmillo86's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

Commented on 06/19/2017

Thank you for commenting on the Excellent course conditions. I am pleased to see you enjoyed the golf course. I had a chance to listen to the staff and find out a few things that made you feel why we achieved a 1 star review. After discussions with key staff members that had a moment to interact with your group I found out there was a miscommunication from the Kelly Plantation Security Facility and one of their staff members to someone in your group. In my fact finding process I learned that someone at the security facility told a member of your group that we allowed groups of six to play. I apologize that you received the incorrect information as the security department is separate from the golf facility. So when the Golf Staff would not allow the group of six of you to play together I can imagine you were a bit disappointed because that's one of the reasons you played here. This is a policy that we just can't alter. We allow groups of 5 to play as long as they maintain a pace of play of 4 hours and 15 minutes. I truly hope the next time you choose to play that your experience is one that you feel positive about. We value your input and it has allowed me to see why the phone number you got was to the security guard facility and not to our Golf facility. Its processes like this that allow us to get better and serve our guest better. Thank you again for helping us achieve excellent guest service. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I want you to know we are listening to your views and appreciate them.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Love this course! It's in great shape. Staff is great, from the guy greeting you to the guy's grabbing your clubs after the round. I will play this course any time I'm visiting the Destin area.

Commented on 06/15/2017

WOW!!! I can't thank you enough for the Awesome review. It looks like you really enjoyed the whole experience we offer here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We try and make your dollar go a long way here and I am glad it is showing. The staff really does an amazing job on getting our guest to feel welcomed and enjoying their time here. We are in a position to make the day special for our guest and it sounds like we succeeded with you. Please know that you are appreciated and welcome back anytime to join us for a day of fun at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am very fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and I want to say Thank you again for taking time to tell us how we are doing. Safe travels friend.

"Kelly plantation"

Ludwick47's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Staff was very nice and made me feel welcome. Course was set up to perfection and was challenging enough. Greens are not easy to work with bit most greens in Florida aren't. Shot an 83.

Commented on 06/15/2017

Thank you for the 5 star rating. The best part is to read about the staff making you feel welcomed. It is our goal to insure that when a guest chooses to play here that they feel like a member for the day. I was always told kindness doesn't cost a thing but it is worth so much. The staff here truly cares about the guest experience while on the golf course and believes that the service should match the outstanding course conditions we offer. I am happy to see that we are succeeding at that. Congratulations on a well played golf round. The new Tif-Eagle greens can be a challenge to navigate with all the elevation changes you will encounter. It takes a few holes to get the hang of it. It is nice to see you had a great time and we hope to see you join us again for a day of golf at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

Commented on 06/11/2017

Sometimes saying nothing says it all!!! 5 STARS across the board. Thank you for ranking us as high as we can get. We certainly know there is always room for improvement and we try and learn each day on how to get better at what we do. The Staff and myself want to say Thank you for spending your hard earned dollar here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon my friend. We hope that you felt appreciated and most certainly welcomed.

"Fantastic Layout!"

jathames22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Great layout! Fantastic conditions.. The fairways were lush and rolling. Greens were very fast and smooth. Will definitely play again when in Destin!!

Commented on 06/01/2017

Thank you for commenting on the "FANTASTIC" conditions. We certainly are happy with the way the course has transitioned from the mild winter months we had. It is great to see how plush the fairways are and how fast the greens are rolling. It truly adds up to be a great golf experience across the board. I hope the staff was as accommodating. We are so appreciative of all the guest that come play here as a choice. There are so many great golf courses in the area it is an honor to have you play here. Please come back on your next trip to the Emerald Coast. We will he happy to see you.

Grantchiro's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Commented on 06/01/2017

Thank you for the 5-STAR review. You posted Excellent across the board from course conditions, pace of play, staff friendliness, and overall value. That is saying a lot and is greatly appreciated. We VALUE very much our guest views and opinions and use them to get better at what we do. Welcome back anytime, we would certainly enjoy having you play here.

"One of Destin's best"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Tight layout, but just a lot of fun. GPS on the golf carts is first rate - no need for a range finder. Greens are firm but roll great. Staff is outstanding - great customer service. Don't leave Destin without playing.

Commented on 05/27/2017

Kelly Plantation Golf Club uses state of the art touch screen GPS on all golf carts. This adds to the overall FUN FACTOR of the golf game. The brand new Tif-eagle Golf greens are some of the finest putting surfaces I have had the pleasure of putting on. The Customer service is what I feel is our best asset other than course conditions. We want each person that spends their hard earned dollar to feel appreciated just like a member for the day. I am glad to see we are succeeding at that. Thank you for the Kind words and helping us get better at what we do.