Kelly Plantation

4.5082000000 4.5 stars from 5 (366)

GPS: Yes

Sterling 72 5522 yards 72.1 126
Palmetto 72 5170 yards 70.9 124
Mangolia 72 5138 yards 69.6 113

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views dinner

"Royal treatment!!"

starkrls's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016

I have NEVER been so well treated and welcomed as a golf now purchaser than I was at this course. The staff was fantastic, course was in great shape and we played as a twosome in 3 hours. The greens are a little firm, as some previous reviews stated, but hey, you just gotta play for that. Great day, great experience.

Commented on 08/12/2016

The words certainly stand out as I was reading them. To say you have "Never" been so well treated is a gesture that really makes this job worth everything it took to get here. I believe the staff here truly wants each and every guest to feel like they are a long time friend that they haven't seen in a while. The kindness the staff shows is a reflection of this. We have a short time to get to know our guest so we try and take every opportunity to do so. I have made life long friends at the golf course and certainly feel that can happen with anyone. The Golf Course is in great condition as you stated. It really has been a fantastic year for course conditions for many courses in the area. There are many great golf courses in the Destin area so we are extremely happy you chose us to play. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please visit us again and stop by and say hello. I would like to meet you in person to thank you for your kind words.

"Easy and beautiful course! Greens are slow but, true. Roll 7.5 I guess"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2017

Really like this course. Just a little too pricey. Raven is better value but, this is a must play in the area. I would play over any course around with money no object. True greens. Should speed them up. Maybe get a roller. Fast fairways I was getting major roll. I usually hit my driver 290 with roll was getting an extra 40-50 yards in roll. Shot my best of the year here with a 65. So it was easy but beautiful.

Commented on 07/16/2017

WOW!!! That is some great comments about the course. It sounds like you are a very advanced golfer. I was fortunate to get to meet you the other day and get to see you play a couple of holes from the back tees, IMPRESSIVE!!! The greens had just come out of three days of drenching rain so we were being proactive in not cutting them to low too quick to protect them. We have rolled them since then and the speed is back to what we feel is tour quality. Thank you for the valuable input. It always is nice to hear our patrons views and how they enjoyed the golf course. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I would like to welcome you back as soon as you get a chance. Thank you and have safe travels.

"Great Golf Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017

Ashton runs a first class operation here ! I'm so glad that when I come to Florida from Kentucky I stop in to play Kelly plantation ! Anyone looking for a great golf course to play should make a tee time ! I promise that you will not be disappointed !! From the top to the bottom hands down one of the best ! I will see you next year and I look forward to it again !! Ryan Clare

Commented on 07/16/2017

Ryan, THANK YOU for returning to play Kelly Plantation Golf Club. It was our pleasure to see that you felt welcomed and really enjoyed your day of golf with us. I have been fortunate to meet many new friends here at Kelly Plantation and you are certainly one of them. It is great to know that we are delivering the service and course conditions that everyone expects when playing here. Golf can be expensive and in recognition of this we want every aspect of our guest and members experience to be second to none. I am glad you felt you were given that experience. I hope that you have safe travels back to Kentucky and we will see you the next time you visit the Emerald Coast. Thank you again my friend.

Jmillo86's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

Commented on 06/19/2017

Thank you for commenting on the Excellent course conditions. I am pleased to see you enjoyed the golf course. I had a chance to listen to the staff and find out a few things that made you feel why we achieved a 1 star review. After discussions with key staff members that had a moment to interact with your group I found out there was a miscommunication from the Kelly Plantation Security Facility and one of their staff members to someone in your group. In my fact finding process I learned that someone at the security facility told a member of your group that we allowed groups of six to play. I apologize that you received the incorrect information as the security department is separate from the golf facility. So when the Golf Staff would not allow the group of six of you to play together I can imagine you were a bit disappointed because that's one of the reasons you played here. This is a policy that we just can't alter. We allow groups of 5 to play as long as they maintain a pace of play of 4 hours and 15 minutes. I truly hope the next time you choose to play that your experience is one that you feel positive about. We value your input and it has allowed me to see why the phone number you got was to the security guard facility and not to our Golf facility. Its processes like this that allow us to get better and serve our guest better. Thank you again for helping us achieve excellent guest service. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I want you to know we are listening to your views and appreciate them.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Love this course! It's in great shape. Staff is great, from the guy greeting you to the guy's grabbing your clubs after the round. I will play this course any time I'm visiting the Destin area.

Commented on 06/15/2017

WOW!!! I can't thank you enough for the Awesome review. It looks like you really enjoyed the whole experience we offer here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We try and make your dollar go a long way here and I am glad it is showing. The staff really does an amazing job on getting our guest to feel welcomed and enjoying their time here. We are in a position to make the day special for our guest and it sounds like we succeeded with you. Please know that you are appreciated and welcome back anytime to join us for a day of fun at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am very fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and I want to say Thank you again for taking time to tell us how we are doing. Safe travels friend.

"Kelly plantation"

Ludwick47's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017

Staff was very nice and made me feel welcome. Course was set up to perfection and was challenging enough. Greens are not easy to work with bit most greens in Florida aren't. Shot an 83.

Commented on 06/15/2017

Thank you for the 5 star rating. The best part is to read about the staff making you feel welcomed. It is our goal to insure that when a guest chooses to play here that they feel like a member for the day. I was always told kindness doesn't cost a thing but it is worth so much. The staff here truly cares about the guest experience while on the golf course and believes that the service should match the outstanding course conditions we offer. I am happy to see that we are succeeding at that. Congratulations on a well played golf round. The new Tif-Eagle greens can be a challenge to navigate with all the elevation changes you will encounter. It takes a few holes to get the hang of it. It is nice to see you had a great time and we hope to see you join us again for a day of golf at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2017

Commented on 06/11/2017

Sometimes saying nothing says it all!!! 5 STARS across the board. Thank you for ranking us as high as we can get. We certainly know there is always room for improvement and we try and learn each day on how to get better at what we do. The Staff and myself want to say Thank you for spending your hard earned dollar here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon my friend. We hope that you felt appreciated and most certainly welcomed.

"Fantastic Layout!"

jathames22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Great layout! Fantastic conditions.. The fairways were lush and rolling. Greens were very fast and smooth. Will definitely play again when in Destin!!

Commented on 06/01/2017

Thank you for commenting on the "FANTASTIC" conditions. We certainly are happy with the way the course has transitioned from the mild winter months we had. It is great to see how plush the fairways are and how fast the greens are rolling. It truly adds up to be a great golf experience across the board. I hope the staff was as accommodating. We are so appreciative of all the guest that come play here as a choice. There are so many great golf courses in the area it is an honor to have you play here. Please come back on your next trip to the Emerald Coast. We will he happy to see you.

Grantchiro's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Commented on 06/01/2017

Thank you for the 5-STAR review. You posted Excellent across the board from course conditions, pace of play, staff friendliness, and overall value. That is saying a lot and is greatly appreciated. We VALUE very much our guest views and opinions and use them to get better at what we do. Welcome back anytime, we would certainly enjoy having you play here.

"One of Destin's best"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Tight layout, but just a lot of fun. GPS on the golf carts is first rate - no need for a range finder. Greens are firm but roll great. Staff is outstanding - great customer service. Don't leave Destin without playing.

Commented on 05/27/2017

Kelly Plantation Golf Club uses state of the art touch screen GPS on all golf carts. This adds to the overall FUN FACTOR of the golf game. The brand new Tif-eagle Golf greens are some of the finest putting surfaces I have had the pleasure of putting on. The Customer service is what I feel is our best asset other than course conditions. We want each person that spends their hard earned dollar to feel appreciated just like a member for the day. I am glad to see we are succeeding at that. Thank you for the Kind words and helping us get better at what we do.

"Beautiful setting"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2017

Highly recommend this course, greens, fairways were in excellent condition. Staff were very friendly & accommodating.

Commented on 05/27/2017

Exciting to see and hear you enjoyed playing Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We certainly pride ourselves in the wonderful golf conditions provided by our Turf Care Department and the terrific weather that Destin offers for the grass. The staff here truly cares about your experience and wants it to match the supreme conditions of the golf course. We have a unique opportunity to showcase the course and our genuine Southern Hospitality and we are glad it is showing. Thank you for the kind words. I want to welcome you back as soon as you visit the Emerald Coast again. Thank you for spending your hard earned money here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

bryansniezek's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

Commented on 05/21/2017

THANK YOU FOR THE 5 STARS!!! We appreciate you taking time to let us know what you thought of the golf course and the staff. Golf can be very expensive so we want every moment you spend with us to feel as though it was a special time. We look forward to your safe return to Kelly Plantation Golf Club.

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Commented on 05/12/2017

"EXCELLENT" Thank you for the 5-star review. We are very pleased to see that you had a great time while playing Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We understand golf can be very expensive so we want your dollar to go as far as possible. It sounds like we succeeded in that. We want you to feel welcomed each time you choose to play here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon. We would enjoy hosting another day of golf with your group.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Commented on 05/10/2017

Sometimes Saying nothing says it all!!! 5 STARS across the board. Thank you for ranking us as high as we can get. We certainly know there is always room to improve and we try and learn each day on how to get better at what we do. The Staff and myself want to say Thank you for spending your hard earned dollar here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Please come back and visit with us soon my friend.

"Great Course but..........."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

This is one of my favorite tracks to play when I go to the beach. Pace of play was fantastic on the front nine but for some unknown reason they allowed a slow fivesome out a few groups ahead of us and it brought the course to a standstill. I played an afternoon round and ran out of patience by the 17th hole and quit. Don't let fivesome's out and if you do keep the ranger on the course to monitor play (was told the ranger went home). This was really a bad experience. Again, love the course but needs to be managed better.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Your comments are greatly appreciated and helps us get better at what we do. We facilitate pace of play with a host that is scheduled to monitor play from 9am -6pm in the afternoon. On busy days pace of play can be a challenge, but one we feel we use our tools and staff to stay on top of. Our host try to help rake bunkers, tend flags, and give balls to golfers that have fallen behind pace to help alleviate having to look for balls. With the daylight staying later until after 7:30pm I can see where you would not see a host at the time you got to later on the back nine. Its our intention to make sure the pace is great on the course before a staff member leaves for the day. Again your very important comments are certainly a tool we will use to get better at what we do. If I am correct you played as a two-some and that certainly can exacerbate the feeling of being slowed down. We set our pace at 4 hours and 15 minutes for each group. I understand and appreciate your feelings and hope you come back and enjoy Kelly Plantation Golf Club. Thank you again for your valuable comments.

"Great Round at Kelly Plantation"

JustHacking's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

We were very impressed with not only the course conditions, but as well as the staff. The staff made us feel very welcomed and at home. I would rank the staff pretty much towards the top of my list I have ever played and having played courses such as Sea Island, Atlanta Athletic Club and East Lake Country Club that is saying a lot.

The started was Paul and he did a great job of giving us a run down of the course. He was always just a pleasure to chat with. Lauren was driving the beverage cart. She was very friendly and took my teasing her about not having Coke Zero and Twixt bars with a great sense of humor.

Everything about the course was top notch. The fairways were pristine and the greens ran smooth. The only issue (and we were advised about it before we teed off) was that the greens were not receptive due to having been replaced a couple years ago and still settling in. We just adjusted and just tried to land the ball short of the hole. My playing partner had much more success at this than I did.

The course is a little pricey, but it is well worth the money you spend.

Commented on 05/12/2017

Staff friendliness is certainly something we pride ourselves in. We truly enjoy meeting our guest and getting to know them as much as we can. There are so many wonderful Golf Courses is this area and for you to choose us is certainly an honor. As a team we work together to provide a total Golf experience. The Turf Care Department are the ones that deserve all the praise and they unfortunately never get to hear what a great job they do. Our Head Superintendent Kevin Churchill has put together a team that genuinely cares about each and every blade of grass on the course. I will make sure they know about your great experience here. The young lady on the beverage cart (Lauren) enjoys her job and I am glad to see it shows. You have put us in some really great company with the other high end golf courses. Its nice to hear we are living up to our expectations. My name is Ashton Crowe and I am very proud to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I will make sure all the staff has a chance to read your kind words. Come back and see us soon my friend.

"Best In Destin"

bashmaster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

This course was amazing from the moment I drove in to the course. The clubhouse is gorgeous, great deals in the shop, and the staff is wonderful. The driving range, practice green, and the chipping area are easily accessible from the clubhouse. The layout and view is spectacular and a well groomed course. Fantastic greens. Even the Areas in the rough where notmally you have sand for Florida courses was well manicured. A must play at any price. I had a hot deal for $55 and this course ranks up there with top notch private courses.

Commented on 05/02/2017

"Best In Destin" WOW that is saying a lot!!! There are many wonderful golf courses in the area so I take this as a HUGE compliment. It sounds like we succeeded in the OVERALL EXPERIENCE that we truly try and give each and every guest that chooses to play here. I say Choose because you decided to spend your hard earned money here and I want you to know that means so much to me. I realize Golf can be super expensive and the fact that you trusted us to give you a product as advertised goes a long way. Turf Care really puts their hearts in their work and I believe it shows. Thank you for noticing. They are up at the crack of dawn preparing the course for the days play. Each and every one of them believes in their abilities to keep this Golf Courses in the immaculate condition it is in. My name is Ashton Crowe, an I am fortunate to be a small part of this great team here. I want to welcome you back as soon as you can. Thank you, and have safe travels.

"Best course in Destin"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Course in great condition. However, they place too much emphasis on the pace of play. Our 4 ball group was struggling alittle, partially due to 20 mph winds, and after 2 warnings from the marshal, he told us unless we made up the gap, he would make us skip a hole - even though there was noone in sight behind us all day. This caused us to rush shots, leading to more flubs and higher scores. It totally ruined my experience that day. I am a 12 hcp and shot 100. All because they put pressure on us to speed up when no one was in sight behind us. If you are a good golfer, highly recommend Kelly Plantation. If you are a mediocre golfer, be prepared to be marshalled to finish in 4 hrs 15 mins, or else.

Commented on 05/02/2017

Thank you for your feedback. Pace of play is certainly an issue that is hard to deal with on either side. While recognizing that a lot of money is spent to play the golf course I am certainly disappointed you had a negative experience concerning pace of play. We try and make sure each and every golfer has a chance to enjoy this beautiful golf course in a timely manner. It is our policy to kindly speak to groups that start to fall behind pace to try and alleviate it becoming a further issue. We have found out after trial and error that most groups that fall behind pace the first three holes continue to do so and if we wait until there is another golf group right up on them it is too late to help them pick up the pace. We set our GPS for a 4 hour and 15 minute round. We feel this is appropriate time to enjoy the golf course and not be rushed. I do recognize that not every group is the same however. We enjoy having all types of players, from the advanced to the beginners. For the beginning golfers our host will tend the flag for them, rake bunkers, and sometimes provide them golf balls free of charge to help alleviate taking time to look for lost ones on the course. We certainly want each golfer to enjoy his or her round in a timely fashion so the others behind them can enjoy theirs. It sounds like in your case that you felt rushed and I certainly don't want that feeling for you. I hope you understand that getting to a golf group that has fallen behind normal pace before another group gets up on them is all we try and do to help everyone. I certainly understand your feelings on your views. I truly hope you come back and enjoy the golf course again. I really take these situations and try and learn from them on how to get better at what we do. I will review my notes and see what we could of possibly done maybe different. Thank you for helping us get better at what we do. Also thank you for noticing the great condition of the golf course. It means a lot that you say those things. I will pass this along to my staff and Turf Care.

Gerard9551049's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Commented on 05/01/2017

Thank you for the "Excellent" rating!!! I am extremely thankful that you showed staff as rated as high as we can get on a 5 star level. We certainly value each and every golfer that spends their hard earned money here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We try and get to know each golfer that so kindly chooses to play here. We understand there are so many wonderful golf courses in the area so to pick us out of them all is a big compliment and I want you to know you are appreciated. Please come back and visit us soon. My name is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional and I would like to thank you in person for the kind review.

"24 golfing guys from the midwest"

mauriceokeefe19's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2017

Course is outstanding in many ways. The thing that sticks out the most is the customer service we receive from the bag drop guys, to the starter and cart girls. Mr Crowe for the last two years has been most accommodating to our group. We will continue to book this course every time we are in Destin. It is a beautiful layout and their greens were in impeccable shape. Great job staff at Kelly Plantation!!!

Commented on 05/02/2017

THANK YOU!!! Customer service is number one in our goals here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. We feel that each person should be treated like a VIP while visiting us. Genuine kindness from the staff and the willingness to go the extra step is what I feel is most important and rewarding to our members and very important guest. I enjoyed each and every person I had the chance to meet in your group. What a great week of golf for everyone. I am so thankful you left here with a great experience. We look forward to hosting your group next year. This is Ashton Crowe, Head P.G.A. Golf Professional at Kelly Plantation Golf Club and I want to welcome you back again.

"Kelly"

Sc6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

Excellent track. Been playing in Destin since 1993, by far my favorite course in the area.

Must work on pace of play as a 5 hour round is awful. We teed off at noon and the course allowed 5 somes out at prime time.

Commented on 04/25/2017

You are absolutely correct about the pace of play. It was totally unacceptable for that long of a round. The Pace of Play staff was beside themselves trying to get the larger groups on pace. The staff was raking bunkers for players and tending flags to help them get back on pace. We have a full time pace of play staff and GPS on every golf cart to eliminate pace of play issues but this day had our number. We are very proud of the fact that we have many many rounds under 4 hours so we felt the same as you. I can assure you this is so far from the norm. On a bright positive note thank you so much for noticing the staff as EXCELLENT and the Golf Course as EXCELLENT. Thank you for the kind review. We use these reviews to only get better at what we do. My name is Ashton Crowe, and I am fortunate to be the Head P.G.A. Golf Professional here at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. I what you to know I appreciate you spending your hard earned money here and helping us get better. Please come back soon!!!