Indian Hills Golf Course

Dress code: Golf attire consisting of collared shirts, shorts or slacks, and golf shoes are preferred on the course.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Yellow 72 5732 yards 67.8 119

Average Rating 3.6 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Questions about this course"

Tdl345's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Finished playing a scramble on a Friday afternoon and came into the clubhouse to find the grill and bar area closed. Everyone that played was questioning why the bar was closed by 7 on a Friday night. Also the entire group was rushed out of the clubhouse shortly after the round because the employees were ready to go home. The final question would have to be the steps going into the clubhouse, after a clubhouse renovation they were not touched and look to be falling apart. Not sure how well this course is being run right now.

Besides this the course is in great shape.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for golfing with us! Your feedback on clubhouse conditions are greatly appreciated and will help us improve moving forward. We are happy to hear the course provided a fun round. See you soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

I've played this course twice and have enjoyed it both times. I found it to be in great shape and I like the hole designs very much. Finding a few of the holes can be confusing to some but other than that I would recommend it to anyone.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 06/07/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! We're happy to hear you find consistency at the course and will return to play golf with us again. See you soon!

"Great Group"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

They put me with 3 The fairways & the greens were great!

Response from Indian Hills Management on 06/07/2017:

We're happy to hear you enjoyed playing with the group you were paired with. Thank you for golfing with us and providing feedback on excellent course conditions. See you soon!

"Construction"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Worst course I ever played! Terrible conditions. The whole course is tore up. Not worth $25 for 9 holes.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 04/22/2017:

Hi u000001483239,

We're sorry to hear the course was not up to par during your round. We're recently coming out of renovations on the course and will be focusing on conditions moving forward. Our irrigation project was a big one. As for the price point, it sounds like there may have been a mix up in the pro shop, but we are now posting 18 Holes. We hope you can come back and give us another try soon.

"Construction"

Paul2513622's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2017

The course before the renovation, was a good course but they are trying to update and make it better so currently not a "sloppy shot" players friend,. Only the back 9 is open but it's great layout and not many players so PoP is your own discression pretty much. Once they get it all good and back to normal descent course playing ill return.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 02/22/2017:

Hi Paul2513622,

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend our course at this time. We are currently working on an irrigation project that will make the course better than ever. Hopefully, you can come back so we can improve this 3 star review. Thanks for golfing with us!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2017

"Great course to play."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2017

Great course to play for all skill levels, and the staff is always friendly.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 02/13/2017:

Hi u331353507,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We're proud to be a course for all skill levels and excellent customer service. See you soon!

"9 Holes Until Spring"

ngbbpc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2016

Course is undergoing some renovations, so only 9 holes will be available at a time until springtime. Course was in decent condition for the season and we nearly had it to ourselves on a chilly day. Nice variety of holes with varying degrees of difficulty. A very playable course for a moderate beginner like myself.

Response from Indian Hills Management on 11/30/2016:

Hi ngbbpc,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are very excited about the renovations at the course. Great to hear you encountered good conditions during your round. We look forward to seeing you again!

Indian Hills Golf Club

"Indian Hills is upgrading"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2016

Indian Hills is completely upgrading its old, outdated irrigation system. They are installing new pipes, pumps and adding 1,000 additional sprinkler heads. This will take a few months to complete; and in the process, 9 holes will be closed at a time to complete the renovations, but do not let this keep you away. The greens are in the best shape in years, and the layout and pace of play made it very enjoyable.

Indian Hills will be a new course come 2017!

Response from Indian Hills Management on 11/21/2016:

Hi u000005729867,

This is great information regarding our renovation project! We're very excited to see these changes come to fruition. Great to hear you were able to enjoy a day on the golf course. See you soon!

Indian Hills Golf Club

"Back Nine holes closed for long term maintenance."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016

The course played nicely. The greens are in excellent condition, fast but fair.

Surprise was the closing of the back nine with no warning on Golf Now before or after booking the round. Course indicated the closing was stated on Golf Now, when it was NOT!

Response from Indian Hills Management on 11/15/2016:

Hi u000007442916,

Thank you for providing feedback on your round. Good to hear course played nicely and conditions were excellent. We strive to provide every golfer with necessary information pertaining to their round. We are looking into notifications online to ensure accuracy. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you back at the course soon.

"playing with KR"

chipper1169's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016

Great course and fairways as well as greens were both in nice condition for time of the year.....well maintained for sure.

Hi chipper1169,

Thank you for playing at Indian Hills Golf Course. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will be back for another round soon.

"Back into shape."

Jim2206896's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Have not played here in a couple of years, the course was in pretty good shape. Nice fairways and greens. Some of the tee boxes were a bit rough.

No fault of the course but fellow golfers please repair ball marks and rake traps. Nothing more frustrating that landing in a trap and being in a deep un-raked sand trap.

I will go back, I do enjoy the layout.

Hi Jim2206896,

Thank you for playing at Indian Hills Golf Course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, and we hope you will be back to see us for another round soon.

Indian Hills Golf Course Management

"Challenging Course - Greens a little beat up"

engelm1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course is tight on many tee shots and the greens are elevated with slope creating more challenge. The greens were soft the day we played with may ball marks and foot prints. Fun course.

Hi engelm1

Thank you for playing at Indian Hills Golf Course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round, and we hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Indian Hills Golf Course Management

"Good course average staff"

jaknee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016

For this review a pro con list should do the most justice.

Pros:

Course was in excellent condition

Pace of play was fine

Other golfers were willing to let you play through

Most of the holes have a logical layout

Cons:

Staff, while friendly was playing favorites.

Some of the cups were not what I would call correctly inserted although this could be a problem with people pulling the pins to hard.

No concession carts rolling around on a 90+ degree day

In summary the course was worth the price, if I could have not been told I would be in a foursome then have the other three remove me for another man that hadn't made a tee time 10min before we were to tee off I would have loved it. Currently though I'm a bit put off and will probably hold off on playing or referring anyone for a while.

jaknee,

Thank you for the review and sending us your personal feedback of your time out on the course! Though we are happy to hear the positives of your time here, we apologize for the negatives you experienced while on the course! We hope that you will come back and give us another shot as we continue to improve upon our golfers overall experience with us!

"Fantastic long par 3's"

Mondaygolf's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2016

Tee boxes good shape. Fairways great shape. Greens rolling good for amount of play and summer heat. Played during the weekday , so not as busy as the weekends. Overall great course.

Mondaygolf,

Thank you for the great review. We are humbled by the feedback and appreciate your patronage to our course! Please come back again soon!

Indian Hills GC Mgmt

"Quality Layout, but not overly challenging"

Keith45's avatar
Tennessee Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course was laid out nicely and had enough terrain/mounds/bunkers/hazards/etc. to be challenging yet still very manageable. I never felt like I was playing the same hole twice. The course was also in great shape. For my first time at the course, it helped me to play with someone that knew the course and had a GPS, but it's not imperative.

u000006671029,

Thank you for playing with us and for taking the time to write such a great review! We value your feedback and hope that you can come back for another great day on the course with us!

Until then, take care!

Indian Hills GC Mgmt

"Course was in great shape."

paint50's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Course needs a marshal to speed up play. We caught up with the group in front of us on hole # 4, had to wait on every shot thru the remaining holes. Would not let thru starting 10 as we were getting to 10 tee box before all 4 of them finished teeing off.

Commented on 07/08/2016

Hi paint50,

Thanks for the review. We are sorry that pace of play was not up to par we are constantly improving to provide the best golfing experience. We are happy that you enjoyed the course conditions. We hope to see you back again soon!

"Good time."

Jcharo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2016

We went off on time and finish the round around 4 in a half hours. Course was in good shape and it is a challenge. Makes you use different clubs off the tee. The 203 yard par 3 is crazy fun.

Commented on 07/05/2016

Hi Jcharo,

Thanks for the five star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and conditions. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round.

"Never be back"

u000004819231's avatar
Age:  Under 25

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016

First off I booked through Golf Now and got what I thought was a great deal $25 for 18 holes with a cart. My tee time was at 2pm on a Saturday. When I arrived they were finishing a tournament, which would make one think the course would be in great shape. Wrong! They had us go out about 15 minutes late to start. Everyone was scheduled to tee off every 8 minutes, which is impossible in a foursome group. It took almost 55 minutes to play the first two holes. Set at the 2nd tee with the foursome in front of us and the two foursomes behind us. It looked like a freight train. The fairways aren't mowed in the same directions . The bunkers weren't turned and are full of rocks. No Marshall to be found to do anything about the pace of play. No one serving beverages on the course and no water in the coolers on a hot afternoon. We actually had to call the clubhouse to ask to have the coolers filled. Made the turn and no food available . Not even a hot dog on the overlooked turn rack. It is no wonder that the this course is bankrupt with this poor of management. It is a nice course which makes it a true shame. I can truthfully say that I will never be back to play here ever again on the weekends until drastic changes are made. Please do yourself a favor and find another course on the weekend if you want to enjoy your round.

"What a waste"

Michael6190973's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016

I will preface this review by saying I used to love to play this course. Unfortunately, it has been mismanaged into the ground. Played on a Saturday and it was packed. This course has an eight minute gap between teetimes on the weekend. That would be fine if everyone played a round of golf in two hours and 24 minutes, but no one I've ever met does that. We were pushing 5 1/2 hours for our round of golf and spent the majority of that time waiting for the log-jammed groups in front of us. The temperature was in the 90s and, as should not come as a surprise if you've played here, the water coolers were empty. A member of my foursome called the front desk to alert them. The employee seem shocked. It would've been a little better had there been a beverage cart, but maybe that's too much to ask for a packed golf course on a Saturday afternoon were the average cost for 18 holes is close to $50. At the turn we were hungry and decided to stop in the clubhouse for a hotdog. There were no hotdogs. Let me repeat, there were no hotdogs in a golf course clubhouse. The kind lady offered to nuke one in the microwave, but I declined. She seemed insulted and unpleasant. I assume she was frustrated after having this exchange with numerous unhappy patrons. I vehemently hope that a person or group of people that know how to manage a golf course buys this one, which I can't imagine will stay afloat much longer. Terrible experience. I will not be back on the weekend.