Crooked Cat at Orange County National

Fairways: Bermuda Grass

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Champ 72 7493 yards 76.0 139
Orange 72 6927 yards 73.7 132
Tan (W) 72 5122 yards 69.6 120

Average Rating 4.5 stars from 5

Location is worth the drive near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include bunkers forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Ranger needed"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Play the front nine and a record hour and 15 minutes ... played 10 11 and then found 5 groups on 12.... sat on 12th tee for ever 3 hours to play 9 holes?!?! Crazy

Response from OCN Management on 07/05/2017:

Hi Ericmccall ,

Thank you for the 5 star review and recommending the course! Pace of play is a top priority at OCN and was not up to standard on this particular day. We hope to see you again as we head into mid summer.

"This course keeps you thinking!"

Bradley5373808's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Really cool course, it was my first time playing it. I enjoyed everything about the round except for the pace of play. The group that was two in front of us was very slow and caused the entire five or six groups to slow down. The course itself was in very good condition, greens were firm and somewhat fast. I enjoyed putting on them. Bunkers were in fantastic shape. If you have a chance to play don't hesitate to go there and play.

Response from OCN Management on 06/13/2017:

We enjoyed reading your 5 star review! Thank you for providing feedback on good course conditions and recommending the course. See you soon!

"Great day"

fife67's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Played the Crooked cat for the first time and really enjoyed it. It can be long but make sure you play the appropriate tee box. Fairways and greens wre in very good shape . I will return

Response from OCN Management on 06/13/2017:

We look forward to seeing you return for another round! Thank you for providing feedback on fairways and greens. See you soon!

"Great Course"

fritzmark's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

The course was in great shape and offers 5 sets of tees for any level of expertise.

Response from Crooked Cat at Orange County National on 06/05/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are glad you found the course in great shape. Come play again soon!

"Awesome shape!"

kyledowning's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Course was in perfect shape and the greens were slick! Best course in Orange County!

Response from Crooked Cat at Orange County on 06/02/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are happy you describe us as the "best course in Orange County!" Come play again soon.

"A top Orlando area track"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Crooked Cat is my favorite course in the Orlando area. As the name indicates, the course follows a fun route and not a back and forth bore.

Lies where tight, but should be expected this time of year. Greens nearly perfect.

Response from Crooked Cat at Orange County on 06/02/2017:

We are happy to learn the Crooked Cat is your favorite course in Orlando! Bring your friends & family next time!

bud's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

We're happy to hear you had a great time on the golf course! Thank you for taking time to provide a 5 star review and recommendation.

"Knoxbucket"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

If you visit the orlando area this is the course to play. It is the Mac daddy. I did not get to play the sister course to cracked cat. I think it is called panther run. If it was in good as shape as cracked cat, I wish I had played it my first few days in town over other courses.

Response from Crooked Cat at Orange County National on 06/05/2017:

We appreciate the recommendation! We are glad you enjoyed playing the Crooked Cat course. We hope you get to play Panther Lake on your next visit!

dgiering's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2017

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review!

"Only visitors could dent the drought"

tooheyp's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

We expected a hotter day than we got. Orlando had been setting heat records all week. This Saturday was cooler and we had cloud cover. As we hit the 14th hole the thunder and lightning began and the sky opened up raining cats and dogs, not just kittens and pupplies. We had to avoid the "poodles". We headed for the cover of the clubhouse and called it a day. We were on track for a pleasant 4 hour round and liked the course, but the weather made it dangerous. I was surprised the course didn't have a siren system to warn all golfers to cease play and head for safety. The New Jersians had a great time and will be back, perhaps to try the other course.

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 4 star review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course and made it to safety at the clubhouse. We look forward to seeing you again for a round on Panther Lake!

"Great Facilities but would recommend other course"

LVBIGBLUE's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2017

Orange County National is a great facility to practice and play Crooked Cat course to me is the weaker of the 2 courses Course condtions were good. but course layout just seemed repetitive and boring to me Got a great deal on Golf Now but Would not play again especially for rake rate

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Your feedback on Crooked Cat is greatly appreciated. We're sorry to hear you do not enjoy playing this particular course. We hope you can come back and continue to play Panther Lake.

"As good as the reviews started"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2017

The course was in great condition even with the amount of drought that the center part of Florida is having. The sand traps had plenty of Sand so you could take great clean shots. The Greens rolled true though some of them had been recently sanded they still performed very well. I would recommend this course to anyone from a 1 handicap to a 30 with 6 tee boxes anyone could play.

Response from OCN Management on 06/09/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're happy to hear the course met all of your expectations. See you soon!

"Slow play"

Beasy901's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

Be prepared to wait 15-30 min between every shot. We were a twosome and had two 5somes in front of us. There was a open hole between the groups and they refused to let us play through. After playing 7 holes in almost 3 hours we tried to get Marshall to let us get ahead of the 5 some. He basically told us we were out of luck. Could only play 9 but managed to finish 9 holes with a lightning fast pace of 3:15 min!! Tried to get refund for 9 but no success

Response from OCN Management on 05/10/2017:

Hi Beasy901,

We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Our staff works hard to accommodate all golfers and maintain a consistent pace of play. It sounds like we may have been a little behind on this particular day and hope you can come back and play again.

"The cat has claws"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

The Cat is a wide open course. Open but still challenging. Easy off the tee but the closer to the green the tougher it gets.

Response from OCN Management on 05/08/2017:

Hi u000007130896,

Your feedback on course difficulty is very fair. We always look to provide a fun challenge for any level of golfer. Thank you for the 4 star review!

"Exceptional"

u000005820686's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2017

I have been disappointed here at OCN. Great golf course, facilities and staff. I will be back soon.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi u000005820686,

We enjoyed reading your feedback on a 5 star review! Looking forward to your next round with us. Thank you for golfing with us!

"Great day!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Course was in good shape despite the drought, a few brown patches on fairways but not a problem and the greens were running true and fast. Love that you can show up early and use the amazing practice facility prior to playing. We enjoyed a few hours of chipping and putting prior to playing. Pace of play was excellent on this day. Thoroughly enjoyable. Lots of tee positions to accommodate all handicap levels of golfers. Only drawback is clubhouse food closed at 4:30 so we didn't get to eat after our round and had to go elsewhere.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi u0000060180,

Thank you for the 5 star review! Our staff is working very hard to maintain the course through the drought. Great to hear you played with good course conditions. The practice facilities definitely offer a great place to prepare for the round. Playing different tee boxes can offer a different experience every time. It is our goal to keep golfers coming back for more. See you soon!

"Do your homework...."

Neil1330479's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

Be cautious of the cancellation policy from the course. Overall the course is nice (referencing to crooked cat) greens roll true, but not to much character overall and not super challenging. Would recommend for the experience, but you can find better options in the area.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi Neil1330479,

We appreciate the 4 star review, but are sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. We do offer multiple lengths at the tees to offer a challenge for all skill levels. Hopefully, you can return and try Panther Lake at a longer distance to increase difficulty.

"Excellence"

KevinWaugh99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

My son and I had the opportunity to play Crooked Cat at Orange County National as the finale of a great week of golf in Florida. OCN and Crooked Cat did not disappoint. We had the perfect day, Sunny 90 with light winds. The course was in phenominal shape which has become my normal expectation of the OCN courses. Greens were smooth, quick, and true. We are both single digit players and played the Orange Championship Tees at 6900+ with a 134 slope and it provided an excellent challenge. I played almost every club in the bag. The practice area is second to none and an avid golfer could easily spend many hours just in the practice facilities. I highly recommend this property and both the Crooked Cat and Panther Lake courses. They have never disappointed on many trips over the years. My only comment as an FYI is it does take about 30 minutes longer to play than most other Florida courses we have played. It runs about 4:15 to 4:30.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi KevinWaugh99,

So great to hear you continue to come back to OCN and play our courses! Consistency is very important to us and our golfers and it sounds like that's what you find when playing here. Always great to end a week of Florida golf with Crooked Cat or Panther Lake. We look forward to your next round!

"Great track!"

joshsmith12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

Amazing round of golf in Orlando's West side. This is a true golf facility dedicated to golf. Huge range, putting green, practice chipping/bunker area. This place is all about golf. The course was pretty generous with fairway landing and had room if you missed off the tees a bit. Long hitters paradise. Bunkers were massive both fairway lining and beside the greens. Greens were quick, but could use some rain. They were a bit hard on shorter approach shots. Come in high with spin and they held fine. Play to the correct side of fairways or trees at doglegs will block some shots. No GPS on carts. Could really improve the facility with that addition. Great course. Great facility overall though. Must play.

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi joshsmith12,

We enjoyed reading your 5 star review. Thank you for providing great feedback on our facilities. There is definitely plenty of room for long hitters, especially playing from the right tees. See you soon!

"Very good"

Randall9750593's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

The course is very good. The conditions at the time was pretty good. The greens were smooth and true. The fairways were pretty good as were the tee boxes. The only problem this course had was I had played two amazing courses the days prior which biased my opinions. My only disappointment was I didn't notice the Golfboard until after the round, I would have loved to rent a golfboard instead of a cart but wasn't made aware they offered them. OCN should really advertise them as an option

Response from OCN Management on 05/04/2017:

Hi Randall9750593,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are starting to advertise our GOLFBOARDS as we transition out of a beginning period offering them. They are a great addition to the course and should make your next round even more fun!