TPC Tampa Bay

4.4272000000 4.4 stars from 5 (103)

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: Yes
GPS: No

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

TPC 71 6898 yards 74.2 140

Average Rating 4.4 stars from 5

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for advanced golfers a weekend splurge a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

"Well laid out course with FANTASTIC staff"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Head pro Justin Wink went out of his way to make me feel welcome and to make up for the fact that I was not notified of aeration conditions prior to my booking a tee time. He sent me an email on the morning of my round and then personally came out on the course to find me to see how my round was going and to apologize for the late notice of the course conditions. He offered to invite me back to play again at a discounted rate when the course conditions are optimal. However, I live out of town and was not sure when I would be back in the Tampa area. So, instead, he discounted my rental clubs. All of the other club/course staff were EXTREMELY nice. I was flying out directly after playing, so the staff made sure I was set up with a locker, towels, and toiletries to get cleaned up after my round. I can't say enough good things about the staff at this course.

As for the course, the greens were a little bumpy and sandy still after being aerated about 2 weeks prior. However the fairways were almost completely back to normal. Course was in good condition, plenty of water stations for the hot temps. Challenging but fair course with a premium on shot placement. It was an enjoyable round on a well laid out course with an EXCEPTIONAL staff.

thi9elsp's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2017

Neither Golfnow nor the course disclosed that aeration had just occurred this week. But, the course itself was enjoyable to play. Bag boys were horrible. Put the strap around my wife's bag across the putter shaft. Fortunately it didn't get bent. Also, strapped across my towels, club cleaner - really? Then, the drink cart left the course around 2 after we were told it would come by the front nine. I think the course would be fun to play without the aeration, I won't go back after being treated the way we were treated.

Commented on 07/07/2017

I was contacted by GolfNow - the error in not disclosing the aeration was in GolfNow's processing not the TPC Tampa Bay.

"Great Staff, Very Bad Bunkers and Penal Rough"

Callix5534292's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017

This review truly isn't about the staff. Very good staff. I just think the course is overpriced big time!!!!!!!!! There simply are better options around. Sorry.

"Feathersound, Buckhorn Springs, Avila, to name a few that have far greater practice areas, draining, and upkeep. For a course that is part private, the short game area is horrible, the course doesn't drain well at all, and the rough is horrible. Now I understand there has been a lot of rain but I played my home course "Buckhorn Springs" that took the near same amount of rain and dried 50 times better. Several holes are cart path only and while playing a 100+ dollar round and a ball is lost because it plugged or is down in that ridiculously deep rough, you bet I am going to try and find my ball and play it. I WANT to post a score at a "TPC Course" so I am using every single minute I am allowed to find my ball. So sorry for those who were held up, I play my ball and post 'real scores' especially at 100+ dollar golf course. Sorry, might be my last time ever playing this course. Sad because it is a good layout.

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 06/27/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, TPC of Tampa Bay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, as we are known for our attention to detail. However, we are sorry to hear that we missed the mark with the conditions and value. Your thoughts have been noted and we will make necessary adjustments. We hope that you will give us the chance to earn your business again.

uTLMJ7414TL's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

Nice course. Well laid out. Well-maintained. Friendly staff. Overpriced shirts. Seriously we had a good time on a nice course.

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 06/02/2017:

Hello James, we're happy you enjoyed our layout and well-maintained course. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay!

kameronksa's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 05/15/2017:

Hi Kameron, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play as well as our good course conditions. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay!

"Greens were quick and true."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

The course has a great layout. Greens rolled true. Gps in carts helps a first time golfer at the course. This is a course I would recommend to a friend and a course I would play again and again. Had a great experience on and off the course. The staff is top notch.

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 05/10/2017:

Hello Danielle, we're glad you enjoyed our great layout and had a great experience at our course. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay!

"TPC Tampa"

Ufjh92's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2017

Great course. In great shape and with great service. Everyone from the cart person to pro shop to restaurant was great. Will definitely play again.

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 05/10/2017:

Hello James, we're happy you enjoyed our great course conditions and customer service. Thank you for playing TPC Tampa Bay!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 05/04/2017:

Hello Karchten, thank you for the kind review. We hope to see you at TPC Tampa Bay again soon!

"Slowwwwwww Play"

Manila33's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Although the course conditions were very good - a four hour 45 minute round is ridiculous. When you pay top dollar for a course - you expect a focus on pace of play. Tee times should be separated enough to avoid congestion- and rangers should be on the course to keep the pace of play on track. My group waited on EVERY shot - EVERY hole.... TPC should be much more focused on the customer experience.

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 05/02/2017:

Hello Bill, we're sorry pace of play was not up to par and we hope you give us another chance in the future. Thank you for playing TPC of Tampa Bay.

"A pleasure"

crad7429's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Course in great shape. Greens were in great shape and fast. They have added sand to the bunkers, so they were in great shape. Practice area and range. Staff was very friendly. Overall a great experience.

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 04/20/2017:

Hi Conrad, we're so happy you had a great experience playing at our course! Thank you for taking the time to review us, come back again soon!

"Golf Day Worthy of the Title"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2017

Greens were as true and quick as anyone could want.

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 04/04/2017:

Hello Gary, we're happy to see you enjoyed the course layout and conditions! Thanks for playing TPC of Tampa Bay, come back again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 04/04/2017:

Hello Jeffrey, thank you for reviewing TPC of Tampa Bay. We're happy you enjoyed the course layout and conditions. Come back again soon!

"Great layout"

Paulmorrellb777's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2017

All very good except bunkers which sometimes lacked enough sand (seems to be a Florida wide problem!).....great holes throughout,and having played it once would like to play it again now I know where all the trouble is!

Response from TPC of Tampa Bay on 04/05/2017:

Hi Paul, we apologize the bunkers lacked enough sand. We will escalate your feedback to make improvements. We're happy you would like to play again, come back again soon!

"Best greens I've seen in a long time!"

GolfFan33's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2017

TPC Tampa Bay provides you with a first class experience from the moment you drop your clubs off to when you pull out of the parking lot. Amazing staff, impeccable practice facilities, and a top notch restaurant kick things off, and it only gets better from there. The course is fair with ample options off the tee and a variety in hole layouts to create a memorable experience. My favorite part was the greens. Holes featured large and small greens that all varied with the hole layout which was ideal. They rolled PERFECTLY! So fast, and so true.

This is a must play in Tampa Bay whether you're a local or visiting from out of town. I highly recommend it!

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 04/05/2017:

Hi Kelly, we're so happy to hear about your first class experience at TPC Tampa Bay! Thank you for reviewing us, come play again soon!<br/>

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2017

My experience at TPC Tampa was awesome. The staff and pro shop help were super nice. I was running a bit late and the staff was on it when I arrived. I didn't miss my tee time because of them. The course was in great shape for march, the water seemed to pull some of my shots right into them. It wasn't operator error at all. The greens were 3 putt ready and rolling around 11-12 which I think is the average speed here. All in all it was an experience I want to have again. Very laid back for such a beautiful setup. Id recommend this course to anyone looking for a good round of golf. Don't forget your thinking cap for the back nine, she'll eat you alive!! Had a blast and plan on playing again.

Response from TPC Tampa Bay on 04/05/2017:

Hello, we're happy to hear you had an awesome experience at TPC Tampa Bay! We strive for great course conditions and friendly staff. Come back and play again soon!

"Hot deal is a bargain"

rockesq's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2017

Course was not in tournament shape; but still very good. Nice layout that is challenging with some short par fours. Staff very courteous and friendly; definitely would play again.

"This course is a challenge and fun to play!"

LarryEvans2016's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2017

The course condition - outstanding! You are challenged on 18 holes. After finishing the round enjoy a beverage at the 19th hole and reflect on the great golf course you just played.

If you have not played this course, you should.

"Golfing in Heaven"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2017

TPC TAMPA If you are in the area you should play this coarse . Fairways and Greens perfect condition snow white sand in all the bunkers and traps power perfect. Target golf that can be enjoyed .

"Nice Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Beautifully manicured. Very nice design / layout. Plenty of tee options to accommodate all skill levels. Nice range. Nice proshop and clubhouse. Now for the bad part. SLOW. 5 hour round. Waited on almost every tee. Plenty of rangers on the course but they weren't making play move along. Don't know if that is the norm but it put a serious dent in our experience

"Excellent course"

mikezehm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2017

This is one of Tampas finest public courses. Layout is tight and extremely challenging on most holes. Greens are typically very fast wth a lot of indulation. Placing your approach shot well is key as getting up and down can be difficult on every hole. Course layout is very scenic. My only criticism is the greens, while I like them, had some unusual weed patches. They are usually in fantastic shape. For a course over $100, should not be in the winter months. Otherwise a great course to play.