Patriots Glen National Golf Club

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Amazing turnaround"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

I play this course regularly because I live in the neighborhood, and I am utterly amazed by the turnaround in the last 4/6 weeks. I have seen many improvements being made around the facility, including extensive work to the course itself, and the results are there to see. I know it's a long and hard process, but the effort is clearly showing. I've been playing other courses in the area as well, and honestly, PGN is not far behind, and for me, has a great (challenging) layout. The transformation in the greens in the last month is spectacular. I commend the revival efforts and hope they continue. Even simple things like tidying up the range (organized grass sections, trimming the edges, club cleaning devices) go a long way to improving the overall experience. I gave an overall rating of 4, because it still isn't perfect and there's work to do (which hopefully continues), but for their efforts, imrpovements, value, and course layout I would give 5 stars! Keep it up.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Not bad but needs work (& a ranger); pricing snafu"

shortgrass90's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Things didn't start well; I had made a Sat afternoon tee time directly w/ the course. When I arrived, guy said, oops, on the phone we must've told you the Fri rate. Given I drove 50 min to play there & since it was THEIR mistake, I thought they might honor the lower (quoted) rate. They didn't. Had I not had a %-off coupon (I joined their mailing list) I would have gone home right there. Bad start.

The course was closed for 2 years & is just starting to come around. Tee boxes were mediocre. Fairways were 75% good, 25% bad (I had to move my ball off those bare spots, but that wasn't too big a deal). Greens looked recently aerated & were fairly slow. And most of the greens had 'bad' spots (esp around the edges) that you really couldn't putt thru (again, had to move the ball). Course layout is generally good. Pace of play was fine till we ran into a group of a**holes (driving & parking your cart on the green?). Took us 1.75 hours to play the last 5 holes.

Bottom line, it's nice to see the course "coming back". But I was annoyed about the pricing thing & since I live fairly far away, the jury's out on whether I'd come back here.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price for our course is important to us. We apologize for the confusion regarding your rate. This is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We hope you can give us a second chance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Up and coming sooner than later"

Dano8251's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

After reading some of the negative reviews on this forum I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, just how playable this course actually was. There were some really bad spots but I'd say the majority of the course was in good to great shape. Again, there is some really bad turf, but it was more in areas that I wasn't affected by. Pretty challenging from the back tees, it's more of a placement tee shot over powering the ball down the fairways. The pace of play was pretty bad as I, being a single, was stuck behind 3 twosomes who obviously didn't care about me behind them as they hacked their way around the course. No help from a ranger could be found. Other than that i was very impressed with Patriots Glen and will definitely be back to play. If they keep on track with their plans, come spring this will be a hard tee time to get. The new GM and head pro were extremely friendly and helpful. Living at Bulle Rock makes comparisons hard to come by, but this will be a great course in a very short time. The unfortunate part is that I doubt it will be showing up in the future with Hot Deals, which is how I found this gem.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hi. Thanks for the honest review. We are proud of the progress we have made and look to continue to improve. We apologize that the pace of play was not ideal during your round. We will escalate this feedback to our team. We also like to hear that the staff was enjoyable during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

"Great time"

u501985473's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

I really enjoyed playing Patriots Glenn. The layout is fantastic, much different than the courses I play in Delaware. Lots of hills, some blind fairways. We played a scramble from the blue tees and I think it was more challenging than I anticipated. Probably should have stuck to the whites. Some spots on the course are under repair, but nothing out of the ordinary. For the price I will certainly be back.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Patriots Glen review"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

The course is under new management and is improving weekly there has been a marked improvement in the course conditions in the last month. I will go back and play there again.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/08/2017:

Hello, David. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Needs updating"

nancehee's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Greens are in fair cndition, Fairways have too many weeds.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Nancy. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Bad shape"

u430019698's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

The greens were in very bad shape, and the fair ways were in even worse shape, I would have really been pis%&(& if I would have paid full price. I would not recommend anyone play this course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Brian. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from the heavy play this season. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the pace of play to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Hello, Randall. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.

"Nice layout in poor condition."

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2017

The layout is wonderful, but course conditions are poor. One green unputable and others so so. Fairways covered with weeds and some greens have bare fringes. With some work could again be a great course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/25/2017:

Hello, Bruce. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from the heavy play this season. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the pace of play to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Wow"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/14/2017

Wow pretty much sums it up. Green boxes (black ones) we horrible, mostly mud with patches of grass. Greens had major holes in them and a lot of crab grass and patchy areas throughout the course. Knew going in it wasn't going to be a pretty, due to other reviews, but for the price, was willing to try it out. What really irked me though was the staff throughout the course. They would notice you and make no attempt to move out of the way until they were done what they were doing. This could be a really nice course, it does have a nice layout but needs a lot of work. Perhaps we will be back in a year or two to see if things shaped up, would be a fun change up to the usual courses we play.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/17/2017:

Hello, Douglas. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that the tee boxes did not meet your expectations. Writing a 1-star review when you have completed an evaluation rating the pace of place, staff friendliness, and course layout to be 5 out 5, is hard to see. We are working to turn this course around. We are sure you have noticed the improvements with our greens and fairways. As you can imagine, recovering an entire golf course takes a lot of time and effort. We are working to change Patriots Glen into a fantastic course. 1-star reviews not only hurt our chances of doing that but also deter other golfers from giving us a shot. We cannot recover if golfers such as yourself write reviews that are so harsh based on one weak aspect of the course. We ask you to reconsider your rating and have it more closely match your evaluation of the course. We promise that the course will be up to par in due time and invite you to come back and see it then. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Patriots Glen GC"

CareyM's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/09/2017

This is my second time playing this course in 2017. The design and layout are really good with a challenge from the back tees. The course condition has some gap's in the greens, fairways, bunker's and tee box. Some bald patches on the greens and fairways, traps are thin and hard and most tee boxes need work. The course is on the way back, you can see the efforts being made to bring the condition up to a respectable level. My golfnow price was $20.00; a real value.

Once the condition returns, this course is a 5 out of 5.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/10/2017:

Hi, Michael. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Still having Drainage issues"

shoreguy's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

I had heard this course was in better condition and decided to try it. The first thing i saw on the very first tee box was alot of crab grass on the tee box. The fairways were alot of crabgrass and very wet (almost to the point where grass wont grow). The greens were not in great shape in that some had big patches of white sand where no grass was growing. There was ball marks all over the greens, i guess with the condition of the course folks arent fixing any ball marks. Many of the sand traps were flooded with water 4-6 inches deep, and the sand was very hard. It was a disappointing experience since I had been told things were better.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/11/2017:

Hello, Gregory. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the sand traps is important to us. We are working to get everything at the course up to par. We have a project to tile the bunkers and restore them. The current condition is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"This course is in very bad shape"

regtmorrison's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

I have played this course when it was in great shape and to see it now and to play it in this condition is very sad. Tee boxes are mud with weeds, the greens looks diseased and the fairways look like the ruff. The ruff is in need of cutting and full of weeds and hard pan, The bunkers are horrible . It looks like there is no money being put back into it. Sad

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/09/2017:

Hello, Reginald. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Has potential, but are they organic or something?"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

First time playing this course. The staff was great from the Pro Shop, Starter, and even the Ranger told us to hurry up in a nice way (though no one started in front of us anyway).

Much of the course is "lost". Greens are overtaken with crab grass or just dead in areas, fairways are weed filled in many areas, traps obviously have no drainage built in as almost all were full of water (it stormed the night before), and tee boxes were pretty bad. But I'll say that's about 40% of the course. Seeing all the crab grass I wonder if they are against using weed control and fertilizer or what.

But...we enjoyed the round. Layout is pretty good. The course has great potential (or it's way past its potential and going down...hopefully the former). Good price with a cart. I will play it again because it's convenient and maybe it's better when the water drains. Hopefully they are trying to recover the course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/07/2017:

Hello, Timothy. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the price and layout. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. As you can tell from past reviews, not all feedback is created equal. Your comments about our greens, traps, and tee boxes are presented in a way we can incorporate this into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

"Not worth the cash"

u2161990's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

Very poor greens with tons of bad patches. Fairways were not cared for and required the need to replace the ball half the time. Tee boxes were poorly manicured. Over half of the sand traps were flooded. It was a shame. Course layout is great but money needs to be put into the course. Not worth the discounted price.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hello, Mike. Thanks for the review. We will pass on your feedback to our team. With the recent rain, we are working on recovering the traps and sprucing up the tee boxes. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Up and coming"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2017

This course was closed for about a year and there still are some areas in the greens have some damage. We played here in the winter and the progress has been great. Definitely coming back to a top level course. Would certainly play again

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hi, Dennis. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes and so they know their hard work so far has paid off. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Nice layout"

frubin8's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2017

Course conditions not ideal but they are working on it. Varied and interesting holes with plenty of traps, trees and enough water hazards to test any golfer. Excellent value for the money.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/03/2017:

Hello, Frank. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"This Course Has Great Potential"

patrick3756252's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017

Patriots Glen has a lot of work to do, but if and when they get their work done, the course will be definitely one to add to your list. The front 9 fairways are tree lined and narrow which require accurate drives. Many of the teeboxes, fairways and greens on the front 9 need to be reseeded due to patches and burnouts. It was difficult putting on the greens due to the patchiness; so many times you had to move your ball to avoid the issues.

The back 9 holes were in a little better shape with fewer patches on the fairways and greens. The fairways were a little wider, but more challenging because of their length. The 17th hole is one of the hardest I've played this year due to the water running along the fairway and up towards the green.

Patriots Glen can be an excellent course if they put their time and money into improving the health of the fairways and greens. The layout is definitely challenging to all levels, but until they make the improvements, it is not worth the drive.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 06/27/2017:

Hi, Patrick. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. As we begin 2017, we are under new management and working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from their preseason seeding. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

nadzio69's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

12 greens were diseased and putting was very difficult. it was like playing plinko.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hello, Peter. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

kwashin3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2017

Not bad if you just want to practice. But only at hit deal rates

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hello, Kevin. Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.