Patriots Glen National Golf Club

Clubs: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Improving"

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

This course at one time was excellent. It has had a couple of owners and is making a comeback. Next season it may be prime.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/17/2017:

Hello, Bruce. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Our new management team is excited about the coming season and has a lot of new projects up their sleeves. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Playing Patriot Glen"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Since the course has been under new management for the past several months there has been a very positive change in the course conditions! The greens are in good shape and the fairways are very much improved. I will play this course again!

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/09/2017:

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to see you again soon!

"Getting better every day"

andrewcipolla's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

I have played this track often over the last 8 years or so. It’s had its ups and downs, but is definitely back on its way up. I played here about 6 weeks ago and noticed more improvements on some of the small problems from before. Spoke to the guy in the pro shop and he was passionate about making patriots Glen a pristine course again. I’ve seen it before, and hoping they get back to it. Keep up the good work. I will DEFINITELY play again, and recommend everyone come play it and see how nice it’s becoming.

Response from @PatriotsGlen on 11/01/2017:

Hi, Andrew. 4-star reviews are great to see and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We will work to continue to provide a memorable experience. We are also glad to hear the current upgrades are being noticed which means we are doing it right. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon!

"Check the view from #8 tee box"

nike0844's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2017

Wide fairways,but don’t stray..roughs are unforgiving.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to see you had a spectacular time during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

"Poorly Run"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

I had a tee time at 7:30 and showed up at 7:05 to warm up only to find out no one was there. We stood around till 7:30. No employee showed up till 7:40.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We apologize that our team was not ready and waiting as expected when guests arrive at the course. Our opener was sick that morning so the team was scrambling to get everything set up with one less set of hands. This is not the standard we strive to achieve and hope you can give us a second chance. We see you rated the pace of play and layout to be great during your visit. We will escalate these items to the teams responsible so they know their hard work is paying off. Thanks for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Patriots Glen"

bobjo2326's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Obviously playing behind an eight some happens a lot at this course. Didn't see a marshal all day. Thankfully I played the course before bringing my Monday group here to play. Scouting a course is a good idea for anyone that picks the courses for the group to play. Not a keeper as we say on our spreadsheet of courses to play.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/17/2017:

Hello, Bob. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. During your round, there were two groups of 4 playing in front of you so this could certainly slow down a single. We also see you rated the value, off-course amenities, and staff to be poor during your visit. We appreciate all feedback but these items do not match the game you played with us.We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance but encourage you to reevaluate your review of the course to accurately reflect the experience you had and the current course conditions. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Patriots Glenn"

john8927596's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

The course is beautiful this time of year with fall coming between starting to change colors layout is great as it winds to a community enjoyed playing the front nine and the back nine is well Lotta bunkers and challenges

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Hello, John. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate the 5-stars and are going to notify the teams responsible, so they know their hard work is paying off. We are glad you are enjoying the changing seasons on the course and hope to see you for another round soon. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Vastly Improved Playing Conditions"

czyl6j's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

In the last few weeks, the bare spots on the greens have been patched with sod harvested from putting green. Two weeks ago, the greens were punched, seeded, and top dressed. Greens are looking good. They also punched and seeded the fairways and tee boxes. Many of the fairways are as nice as you'll find. The range is groomed and looking nice, where they even have club cleaners now. If you have not seen this course in a few months, you may not recognize it.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/10/2017:

We appreciate the 4-star review. Your feedback will be used to notify our team so they can continue to provide an enjoyable experience but also make changes to hopefully earn 5-stars next time. Thanks for playing with us!

"Making progress"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

I enjoyed my round at Patriots Glen - the course is in decent shape, based on other reviews I've read it sounds like things are moving in the right direction. The layout was great, you can tell that things will be great if the improvements keep coming. Both interactions with clubhouse staff at start/end of round were great, very friendly. Didn't take advantage of the food/drink at the course, but it looks like a nice set up. No problem recommending this course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/26/2017:

"Great Buy! Excellent course layout....."

mccallbm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

Favorite course in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania area! All holes are different, playable

and FUN. Management working hard to take condition from good to excellent!! Try it and

see what I mean.... Best Buy in area!

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/12/2017:

Prb88's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

I’ve read all the reviews prior to playing about the course conditions; and yes the course isn’t in great shape. I’m not sure what it looked like before because it’s the first time I played here. The course looks like it’s trying to make improvements; There are some holes that’s are down right awful and others that look acceptable. I’m not golf snob; so I took the good with the bad. You can’t beat the price and the friendly staff. It’s has a nice layout to make you think about your club selection. I shot my best round of the year here today; my only true complaint is no ranger. I was playing solo and had a 2 some in front of me on the front 9 that just wouldn’t let me play through. I even hit into them twice and they didn’t get the hint. The 2 some behind me were nipping on my tail that’s how slow they were.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 10/06/2017:

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the layout, price, and staff. These are all things we work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments about our pace of play and course conditions are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Patriots Glen National Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

"Amazing turnaround"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

I play this course regularly because I live in the neighborhood, and I am utterly amazed by the turnaround in the last 4/6 weeks. I have seen many improvements being made around the facility, including extensive work to the course itself, and the results are there to see. I know it's a long and hard process, but the effort is clearly showing. I've been playing other courses in the area as well, and honestly, PGN is not far behind, and for me, has a great (challenging) layout. The transformation in the greens in the last month is spectacular. I commend the revival efforts and hope they continue. Even simple things like tidying up the range (organized grass sections, trimming the edges, club cleaning devices) go a long way to improving the overall experience. I gave an overall rating of 4, because it still isn't perfect and there's work to do (which hopefully continues), but for their efforts, imrpovements, value, and course layout I would give 5 stars! Keep it up.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/26/2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to our team, so they know their hard work is not going unnoticed. It is great to hear that the efforts we have put in helped provided a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Not bad but needs work (& a ranger); pricing snafu"

shortgrass90's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017

Things didn't start well; I had made a Sat afternoon tee time directly w/ the course. When I arrived, guy said, oops, on the phone we must've told you the Fri rate. Given I drove 50 min to play there & since it was THEIR mistake, I thought they might honor the lower (quoted) rate. They didn't. Had I not had a %-off coupon (I joined their mailing list) I would have gone home right there. Bad start.

The course was closed for 2 years & is just starting to come around. Tee boxes were mediocre. Fairways were 75% good, 25% bad (I had to move my ball off those bare spots, but that wasn't too big a deal). Greens looked recently aerated & were fairly slow. And most of the greens had 'bad' spots (esp around the edges) that you really couldn't putt thru (again, had to move the ball). Course layout is generally good. Pace of play was fine till we ran into a group of a**holes (driving & parking your cart on the green?). Took us 1.75 hours to play the last 5 holes.

Bottom line, it's nice to see the course "coming back". But I was annoyed about the pricing thing & since I live fairly far away, the jury's out on whether I'd come back here.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/25/2017:

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price for our course is important to us. We apologize for the confusion regarding your rate. This is not the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We hope you can give us a second chance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

"Up and coming sooner than later"

Dano8251's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

After reading some of the negative reviews on this forum I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, just how playable this course actually was. There were some really bad spots but I'd say the majority of the course was in good to great shape. Again, there is some really bad turf, but it was more in areas that I wasn't affected by. Pretty challenging from the back tees, it's more of a placement tee shot over powering the ball down the fairways. The pace of play was pretty bad as I, being a single, was stuck behind 3 twosomes who obviously didn't care about me behind them as they hacked their way around the course. No help from a ranger could be found. Other than that i was very impressed with Patriots Glen and will definitely be back to play. If they keep on track with their plans, come spring this will be a hard tee time to get. The new GM and head pro were extremely friendly and helpful. Living at Bulle Rock makes comparisons hard to come by, but this will be a great course in a very short time. The unfortunate part is that I doubt it will be showing up in the future with Hot Deals, which is how I found this gem.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hi. Thanks for the honest review. We are proud of the progress we have made and look to continue to improve. We apologize that the pace of play was not ideal during your round. We will escalate this feedback to our team. We also like to hear that the staff was enjoyable during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

"Decent Course"

dantheman0210's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

Good layout. Fairways were in decent shape, but a few of the greens need serious work. Staff was very friendly though. Don't pay too much to play here!

"Great time"

u501985473's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017

I really enjoyed playing Patriots Glenn. The layout is fantastic, much different than the courses I play in Delaware. Lots of hills, some blind fairways. We played a scramble from the blue tees and I think it was more challenging than I anticipated. Probably should have stuck to the whites. Some spots on the course are under repair, but nothing out of the ordinary. For the price I will certainly be back.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/20/2017:

Hello! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. 4-stars is great, and we will let the team know their hard work is paying off. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club.

"Patriots Glen review"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

The course is under new management and is improving weekly there has been a marked improvement in the course conditions in the last month. I will go back and play there again.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/08/2017:

Hello, David. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Needs updating"

nancehee's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

Greens are in fair cndition, Fairways have too many weeds.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Nancy. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again in the future.

"Bad shape"

u430019698's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2017

The greens were in very bad shape, and the fair ways were in even worse shape, I would have really been pis%&(& if I would have paid full price. I would not recommend anyone play this course.

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 09/05/2017:

Hello, Brian. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from the heavy play this season. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the pace of play to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Patriots Glen National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Response from Patriots Glen National Golf Club on 08/29/2017:

Hello, Randall. Thank you so much for the spectacular review. 4-star feedback is great to see. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon.